Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 26 posts ]

Final AA6 trailer coming in the near futureTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Been a bit quiet on the AA6 news front since the start of April, but it looks like that's about to change as we enter the last month before the game hits its Japanese release!

AA6 was demoed at Machi Asobi (a public Japanese gaming event) earlier this week, and part of that included a stage show from producer Eshiro and director Yamazaki. While there wasn't much new info about the game itself there, according to Famitsu Eshiro announced that "AA6's last trailer will be released around the end of Golden Week."

Golden Week, if you're not familiar, is a yearly week-long set of holidays in Japan which runs from April 29th to May 5th (with some informal buffer around the dates as well.) In other words, this trailer is scheduled to be released... soon! How soon? That, we don't know, but smart money's on either Monday (when Capcom's back to work) or Thursday (their usual update time, and after Famitsu releases), Japan time.

We'll keep our eyes peeled and let you know when it drops!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Final AA6 trailer coming in the near futureTopic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

Let's see which returning character is getting shoehorned in this time.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, can we expect some English news next week?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

I mean, I know you're taking the mickey here, but I wouldn't expect that much more in the way of returning characters announced pre-release besides maybe Simon. It seems like they've got their main cast pretty fleshed out at this point, and they aren't throwing cameos at us left and right like they did in the marketing for the AAI games.

Heck, I'm not even sure how many more returning characters will be in the game itself! Simon and maybe Juniper seem likely, Hugh is an outside chance due to his presence in the TGS skit, and we'll have to see if they're really revisiting the Gramarye plot and people associated with it.

Yash K. Productions wrote:
So, can we expect some English news next week?

We are getting pretty close to E3, and May 2013 was when the English reveal for AA5 was, but I'd expect any English news to be totally unconnected to the Japanese side of things.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Athena Internet Defense Force

I'm pretty sure the first localized footage of Dual Destinies was shown at E3 2013. Seems like a safe bet to expect it then.

What's a Court Records?

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

On the topic of returning characters, the ones that were announced so far, I saw them coming. After seeing the DD credits, I figured Maya would be back soon and the first screenshots I saw of Ace Attorney 6 pretty much had me feeling the same way. Her return was a little obvious imo. Then, I expected Ema with what happened with Fulbright in DD. I also expected Edgeworth (since Phoenix is in the title, and it's pretty much a tradition), Klavier, and Blackquill (since the original trilogy had all 3 of its prosecutors show up its last game, so I figured this one would have the two prosecutors from the two previous games as well. Whether or not we've seen all the returning characters is yet to be determine. Right now, I don't care too much who is if any.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

One thing I've been thinking lately, in regards to all the returning characters, is which one of them will only be a cameo? DD had me believe Klavier was there as the prosecutor for an entire case until i played it and he was featured pretty extensively on promo art.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gardevoir lover

linkenski wrote:
One thing I've been thinking lately, in regards to all the returning characters, is which one of them will only be a cameo? DD had me believe Klavier was there as the prosecutor for an entire case until i played it and he was featured pretty extensively on promo art.

I'm guessing Trucy, she seems to be the less important one here, Maya's Phoenix's teenaged assistant, Athena is now Apollo's assistant and Ema's the detective. All Trucy is is the defendant in the beginning of the game.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
linkenski wrote:

I'm guessing Trucy, she seems to be the less important one here, Maya's Phoenix's teenaged assistant, Athena is now Apollo's assistant and Ema's the detective. All Trucy is is the defendant in the beginning of the game.

Defendant is more than cameo, though. Not enough to be considered part of the main cast, but still.

So...any guesses for the guest prosecutor for the final case? I'm betting on Franziska. They're bringing back everybody, so might as well bring her too.

Gardevoir lover

luck wrote:
Defendant is more than cameo, though. Not enough to be considered part of the main cast, but still.

So...any guesses for the guest prosecutor for the final case? I'm betting on Franziska. They're bringing back everybody, so might as well bring her too.

Hey you don't know, maybe they just decide not to visit her in the detention center for reasons and we don't see her at all until the trials.

Probably Blackquill, for the most part every guest character has been a major character in the previous game, Edgeworth in 2-4, Franziska in 3-5, Lang in AAI2-5. The exception to this was Edgeworth in 5-5

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Hey you don't know, maybe they just decide not to visit her in the detention center for reasons and we don't see her at all until the trials.

Yeah, right. One of screenshots shows her in the detention center, so try again.

luck wrote:

Eh, everybody? You do realize that Edgeworth, Pearl and Klavier are only in the pre-order bonus cases. For the main story the returning characters are in line with what we got in AA2 and AA3.

Gardevoir lover

Lusankya wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Yeah, right. One of screenshots shows her in the detention center, so try again.

No i meant after that scene.

Like Apollo says something like "I couldn't stand seeing her in there so i'm gonna try getting this case solved as fast as possible so i don't have to see that." or something.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

linkenski wrote:

Maximillion Galactica at Trompe Theater, please. He'll be both totally unexpected and graciously received.

luck wrote:

I don't see Franziska as relevant at all, unless there is a case that involves Interpol again. My bet's still on Blackquill, seeing how Edgeworth's been shoved into the DLC and audio drama tales instead.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

No i meant after that scene.

Like Apollo says something like "I couldn't stand seeing her in there so i'm gonna try getting this case solved as fast as possible so i don't have to see that." or something.

If she's seen in detention, it means there will be several instances where a visit to her will be necessary. Never in an official case where visiting the defendant is available has it been the case that only one visit is all that's needed to solve the case.

Besides, we all know Apollo is crying on the inside as he investigates into this case. He's grown up to be such a responsible young man.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Is it time to start getting antsy?

Gardevoir lover

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
If she's seen in detention, it means there will be several instances where a visit to her will be necessary. Never in an official case where visiting the defendant is available has it been the case that only one visit is all that's needed to solve the case.

Besides, we all know Apollo is crying on the inside as he investigates into this case. He's grown up to be such a responsible young man.

It's Yamazaki's team. They'll find a way to make Trucy even more pointless, they will find a way.

Mia Payne

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:

It's Yamazaki's team. They'll find a way to make Trucy even more pointless, they will find a way.

Gotta love that bias

Derper

To be fair, Takumi did find a way to make Gumshoe and the Judge much more idiotic in each installment of the first 3 games. It's not exactly out of the equation.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Mia Payne

Reglare wrote:
To be fair, Takumi did find a way to make Gumshoe and the Judge much more idiotic in each installment of the first 3 games. It's not exactly out of the equation.

It isn't. Saying it's possible is one thing. But saying "Knowing Yamazaki, he's gonna screw it up"

Derper

I was being sarcastic.
It's my way of showing how hypocritical people get when the same issues are brought up in Takumi's works. o3o
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Mia Payne

Reglare wrote:
I was being sarcastic.
It's my way of showing how hypocritical people get when the same issues are brought up in Takumi's works. o3o

Ah, yeah, I see now XD

Gardevoir lover

Blizdi wrote:
Reglare wrote:

It isn't. Saying it's possible is one thing. But saying "Knowing Yamazaki, he's gonna screw it up"

The dude has had three games under his belt and all of them have the exact same things going for them. Interesting narrative with slightly disappointing payoff, cases with great ideas that aren't done exceptionaly well, great new characters and rivals and returning characters that always fall flat on their faces (with some exceptions like Edgeworth). You'd think after a while he'd get better at this.

Investigations is the worst game in the franchise for me but the sequel is basically a 180. Interesting narrative, compelling characters, and a much better sense of protagonist motivation.

Dual Destinies...I mean it was too easy and perhaps some of the plot elements were cheesy (Turnabout Academy has too much awkwardness with its Power of Friendship theme) but it didn't outright FAIL to impress me.

I guess I didn't like how Trucy was handled but that's because she was such a doll in Apollo Justice.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Reglare wrote:

The dude has had three games under his belt and all of them have the exact same things going for them. Interesting narrative with slightly disappointing payoff, cases with great ideas that aren't done exceptionaly well, great new characters and rivals and returning characters that always fall flat on their faces (with some exceptions like Edgeworth). You'd think after a while he'd get better at this.

He DID get better, Investigations 2 is one of the best games in the series, in fact it is my absolute favourite next only to T&T.

And the circumstances of DD was similar to the first Investigations game in that he had to focus on creating new gameplay mechanics and such while focusing less on the writing front , the circumstances for AA6 i similar to Investigations 2 in that he will focus entirely on writing while letting gameplay stuff be handled by Fuse, so i am confident he will deliver a more focused script this time and a better game overall

What's a Court Records?

For the most part the games have been better on the DS, on what we have on the 3DS so far hasn't been as good as the rest of the series for the most part.

Though back on the topic of returning characters, I think we could probably expect more since Ace Attorney 6 is a 15th anniversary game. Besides, Investigations 2 was a 10th anniversary game and it had a lot of returning characters.
Why am I even here?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Come to think of it, AA6 is only a month away from its Japanese release. Where's that trailer, Capcom? (And English trailer, too) :larry:
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

What's a Court Records?

The trailer is likely to come out this week. It could be anywhere from tomorrow to Thursday, it seems.
Why am I even here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes