Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 61 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 5/10: Case 3, Simon, and EdgewTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

WarChild wrote:
Official scans are out: http://nintendoeverything.com/scans-rou ... sons-more/

Characters from Case 3 are introduced. Psyche-Locks and possibily Revisualization looks to be returning.

And one they missed here. So as not to bury the big news on the front page, I'll just update here for now, shall I...

Case three, as previously announced, sees Maya arrested on suspicion of murder when a priest is killed during the final rite of her training. The two were (of course!) alone at the time in the shrine. At the time of the murder, Maya was playing the role of the country's mythical bird princess, said to have protected the country in a time of conflict - three guesses as to what costume the killer was wearing, and the first two don't count. (Incidentally, this bird princess is so popular there's a show based off of her, "Torisaman" (a play on "Tori", bird, and "Tonosaman", the JP name for the Steel Samurai)).

Nayuta returns to Kurain to take the case, and Ema, traveling with him, offers to help Phoenix in his investigation with the old Luminol magic. As for the case itself, two new characters are revealed who have direct ties: Nanashiino Ganbe (Tentative), a man so amnesiac he's appended "Tentative" to his own name, and Saara Aatam, the victim's wife. Aatam seems to be hiding something, leading to the re-introduction of the Psyche-Lock system.

Finally, two more major characters are revealed: the leader of the revolutionary forces known only as Druk, and Rayfa's father, Inga Karakhul Kurha'in. Inga is not only the husband of the queen but the Minister of Justice in the country, making his struggle against the revolutionaries that much more personal.

And last but not least (well, maybe least), Revisualization makes its return. Unlike AA5 where the process was shown as moving from left to right, here it's visualized as diving "into" the screen.

As usual, expect formal site updates tonight!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I'm so hyped by all this fanservice right now! Returning characters (Simon <3), already-seen plot tricks (hello Maya "Defendant" Fey)...
I'll probably be more critical of them later though.

Am I the only one who thinks the Minister of Justice looks amazing?

Athena Internet Defense Force

Bringing back Thought Routes is trivial. They're just moments in the trial where you get to connect some facts together and come to a conclusion.

I honestly thought those were coming back moreso than the Mood Matrix and that came back so this seemed like a gimme.

is a five star man.

So glad Revisualisation is returning. I know everyone thinks it's just a shallow feature (and it most certainly is), but it has so much style, and is (for me at least), really goddamn fun. You may scoff, but the return of revisualisation is my second most hyped AA news of the day.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

I wish Dual Destinies had a Thought Route dedicated to
Spoiler:
uncovering Robin's gender.

Just as a gag.

Ace Gamer

To those being critical of Maya being the defendant again... You realize that Phoenix has been the defendant just as many times as Maya has in the main games, right? I dunno if vs Professor Layton is canon, but Maya was the defendant in the first half of case 1-2, case 2-2, and now case 6-3 (I believe she was also considered a suspect in case 3-5, but I don't think she was ever even the primary suspect or anything ) Phoenix, meanwhile, was the defendant in the last half of case 1-2, case 3-1, and case 4-1.

I know it can be argued to be overdone, but if you're gonna be critical of Maya being the suspect 3 times in the main games (again, not sure that vs Professor Layton is canon ), then I feel that you should be consistent and be just as critical of Phoenix being suspected 3 times.
Pastel horses + Defense Attorneys = ... Genius? Life is strange <_<

It looks like Reyfas' father went to Badd's school of putting things similar to cigarettes in your mouth.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bolt Storm wrote:
WarChild wrote:
Official scans are out: http://nintendoeverything.com/scans-rou ... sons-more/

Characters from Case 3 are introduced. Psyche-Locks and possibily Revisualization looks to be returning.

And one they missed here. So as not to bury the big news on the front page, I'll just update here for now, shall I...

Case three, as previously announced, sees Maya arrested on suspicion of murder when a priest is killed during the final rite of her training. The two were (of course!) alone at the time in the shrine. At the time of the murder, Maya was playing the role of the country's mythical bird princess, said to have protected the country in a time of conflict - three guesses as to what costume the killer was wearing, and the first two don't count. (Incidentally, this bird princess is so popular there's a show based off of her, "Torisaman" (a play on "Tori", bird, and "Tonosaman", the JP name for the Steel Samurai)).

Nayuta returns to Kurain to take the case, and Ema, traveling with him, offers to help Phoenix in his investigation with the old Luminol magic. As for the case itself, two new characters are revealed who have direct ties: Nanashiino Ganbe (Tentative), a man so amnesiac he's appended "Tentative" to his own name, and Saara Aatam, the victim's wife. Aatam seems to be hiding something, leading to the re-introduction of the Psyche-Lock system.

Finally, two more major characters are revealed: the leader of the revolutionary forces known only as Druk, and Rayfa's father, Inga Karakhul Kurha'in. Inga is not only the husband of the queen but the Minister of Justice in the country, making his struggle against the revolutionaries that much more personal.

And last but not least (well, maybe least), Revisualization makes its return. Unlike AA5 where the process was shown as moving from left to right, here it's visualized as diving "into" the screen.

As usual, expect formal site updates tonight!

Thanks again, Bolt. By the way, shouldn't it be "Gonbe" not "Ganbe", and the revolutionaries should be named Durk? Nice romanization of the king's name, though.

That superhero name is so cringey. To be fair, the original names were just as cringey.

Interesting that Nayuta would bring Ema along with him to Kurain so she could visit as well. Well, no one cares about Klavier anymore, so w/e.

Ah, so the old minister Leifa (Rayfa?) mentions in the DLC story is actually her pops. Somehow, I'm not surprised. (Speaking of DLC, I'm troubled as to how they'll be localized if Apollo's side involves advertises tourist sites of Japan. Will they even transfer it over? I don't spot any points that would require knowing Japanese trivia, but it'd be a bit awkward telling about the "traditional American yokai village".)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Hm...if Rayfa's father is the Minister of Justice, my theory that Rayfa ends up as the defendant in the last case has gotten stronger because there's potential for conflict between Rayfa and her dad if her father insists that the oracles are accurate while she protests them because she's actually innocent. He'd even be willing to throw his daughter under the bus so as to not dispute the oracles.

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Hm...if Rayfa's father is the Minister of Justice, my theory that Rayfa ends up as the defendant in the last case has gotten stronger because there's potential for conflict between Rayfa and her dad if her father insists that the oracles are accurate while she protests them because she's actually innocent. He'd even be willing to throw his daughter under the bus so as to not dispute the oracles.

Actually, he looks pretty suspicious to me. I think he might try to take over the country at some point.

Raifa's father should be the final boss. AAI style, i miss those extraterritorial rights

Apollon Flame

MH MD wrote:
Raifa's father should be the final boss. AAI style, i miss those extraterritorial rights

Fun fact: I was gonna reply to your post with Hiimdaisy's voiced comic about Alba's extraterritorial rights and the first thing that pops on the homepage is the Logic Chess sequence with Zheng Fa's president, LOL.

But yeah. It makes you wonder WHO the final boss is? Or what if Nayuta becomes your defendant and HE'S the one that has to doubt the Oracle's power?
A King

in name

alone...

MH MD wrote:

Eh, I dunno. Red herring, maybe. I think rehashing that would be quite boring.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

zelda_tp_fan wrote:
To those being critical of Maya being the defendant again... You realize that Phoenix has been the defendant just as many times as Maya has in the main games, right? I dunno if vs Professor Layton is canon, but Maya was the defendant in the first half of case 1-2, case 2-2, and now case 6-3 (I believe she was also considered a suspect in case 3-5, but I don't think she was ever even the primary suspect or anything ) Phoenix, meanwhile, was the defendant in the last half of case 1-2, case 3-1, and case 4-1.

I know it can be argued to be overdone, but if you're gonna be critical of Maya being the suspect 3 times in the main games (again, not sure that vs Professor Layton is canon ), then I feel that you should be consistent and be just as critical of Phoenix being suspected 3 times.

I guess it's because Maya has been in trouble more often than Phoenix has. In addition to being the defendant 3 different times (4 if you include the Layton game), she was kidnapped in 2-4 and was missing for most of 3-5.
At least she isn't a typical damsel in distress.

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Hmm, if Athena ends up being playable, I'm assuming it'd only be for a small portion of the game, like Edgeworth in T&T. As much as I love Athena and hope she's plays a big part, I'd like it if Apollo and Phoenix are the only ones with their own cases this time. Apollo deserves his time to shine.

Not too pumped about Maya being accused of murder yet again, though I might get over it if someone lampshades it in the game. ("Maya's in trouble again!?") Poor girl can't catch a break.

I'm fine with returning characters, as Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, Trucy and arguably Edgeworth are expected at this point. And I'm not going to complain about Blackquill. :pearl-blush:

Wait, has a remix of Athena's theme been released? Where can I hear this?
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

The placement and size of Blackquill tells me he's the Klavier cameo of this game.

But dude, I seriously like this poster-art. It really feels like this should've been the game to have "Dual (something)" in the title because of the symmetric style and cue that this will be a story segmented into two simultaneous narratives. Also, if that was the main cast, Nick, Maya, Apollo Athena, Nayuta, Blackquill and Edgeworth (and Ahlbi, and Ema) then that would be awesome. I like how it doesn't emphasize too many irrelevant characters. I guess Trucy is as good as abandoned entirely except for her inevitable "Magic Panties!" one-liners in the second case, but otherwise if it's this cast and then nothing but new faces, that would be great.

EDIT: Okay, so one last thing. See, I really like Maya and always have, and I'm glad she's back... but come on, ANOTHER case where she's the defendant? Really? It's like setting yourself up for failure. I didn't actually have the "Maya is in trouble" problem most people have with the trilogy, but doing it again in the DD-era of Ace Attorney I think Maya's perilous role is going to stand in the shadow of how much better they did it in the trilogy. I guess this is only because I imagine it being pulled off as pathetically as Kay's arc in I2-4.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Ace Gamer

MBr wrote:
I guess it's because Maya has been in trouble more often than Phoenix has. In addition to being the defendant 3 different times (4 if you include the Layton game), she was kidnapped in 2-4 and was missing for most of 3-5.
At least she isn't a typical damsel in distress.

Well... Technically, I don't actually think Maya's been in trouble more than Phoenix, or at least not to much more. On top of what's already been mentioned, Phoenix also got clobbered by a car in Apollo Justice and fell into a raging river in Trials and Tribulations. Not necessarily the same thing (for starters, Phoenix was very clearly ok after both events... ), but let's face it. The two are magnets for trouble. They have terrible luck, though also are stupidly lucky at the same time (Maya could have very easily died during case 2-2 if I recall, and I don't think I need to say anything when it comes to Phoenix. )

Phoenix and Maya aren't the only ones though who are constantly getting themselves into trouble. Both Maggey Byrde (I think that's her name. It's been forever since I've played the original trilogy + AAI ) and Juniper Woods were defendants twice for example, with the former being the primary suspect again in AAI if I recall and the latter being the defendant two times in the same game. Characters getting into some kind of trouble multiple times is just kinda a thing in the series, and while it being a thing in the series doesn't really justify it or make it ok, I don't feel that it's very fair that people get upset about it only when it involves Maya. I mean, I don't believe I recall anyone complaining when Phoenix got into some kind of trouble several times or Maggey or Junie.

... Or maybe I'm just stupidly biased 'cause I adore Maya and thus am overly defensive when people are critical of her *shrugs* I dunno. Me personally... I say any excuse for Phoenix to go all "papa wolf" on the courts is great! Love it when Phoenix gets scary because someone very close to him is in trouble.
Pastel horses + Defense Attorneys = ... Genius? Life is strange <_<

Enoshima Junko-chan!

You're right to bring up people like Maggey and Juniper. Maybe it's because Maya was the first character to be a recurring defendant?

Nick + Maya = win

A few questions, Why is Edgeworth in this game? What in game role can he play? He's now cheif prosecutor, can't he assign the cases to his underlings so that he can sit back, sip his tea, and watch the Steel Samurai?

I don't hate Miles Edgeworth, he's a pretty stable character. I just don't see him having any major role in this game.

Gardevoir lover

AmethystnoHoshi wrote:
A few questions, Why is Edgeworth in this game? What in game role can he play? He's now cheif prosecutor, can't he assign the cases to his underlings so that he can sit back, sip his tea, and watch the Steel Samurai?

I don't hate Miles Edgeworth, he's a pretty stable character. I just don't see him having any major role in this game.

Fanservice pretty much. People will buy anything with Edgeworth in it even if he just stands in the background.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Apparently, Saara's husband's name is "Almel Aatam".
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Page 2 of 2 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes