Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 61 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 5/10: Case 3, Simon, and EdgeworthTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Via Famitsu (copy and paste the link).

Well, it wouldn't be an Ace Attorney game featuring Maya if she wasn't accused of murder, now would it?

This week's Famitsu showcases the game's third case. When a priest is killed in the middle of a ritual, Maya is arrested and held responsible, leading Phoenix to take up her defense. Also introduced is the revolutionary forces in Kurain, the "Dragons of Rebellion".

Also shown is the game's key art, confirming Edgeworth and Blackquill in the main game. And finally, we can see that Ema will appear in Kurain as well to lend a hand.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 5/10: Case 3, Simon, and EdgewTopic%20Title

Bolt Storm wrote:
Well, it wouldn't be an Ace Attorney game featuring Maya if she wasn't accused of murder, now would it?

Oh, come on! That shit got boring in the third game! Are they really so lacking in creativity, they have to pull the same shit the fourth time!? I demand an option for Mayoi to be held in 'jail' and Phoenix to have the choice to say, "Nah, I'll leave you here". At least leave me the minor satisfaction that they are aware of how stupid this thing is and give me the hope that I could say, "You know what? This is the fourth time... I'm sick of this. Clearly, you are cursed to always be suspected of murder and I don't wanna defend you anymore."

I know AA is not the most creative game to begin with, but... geez! Let's rehash a case plot that we've already re-rehashed after rehashing it in the second game. Clearly, this is the bestest idea of game creation. Given this seems to be a thing with her, my headcanon: Maya was not 'training' or anything the last 8 years. She was in jail because she was convicted of at least 8 murders - one for each year.

C-A

Trucy not in the key art, but Edgeworth instead. I hope that doesn't predict how important she is going to be in the game.

Miles position on the left side means he will probably appear in the Kurain sections.
Edit: Oh wait, Ema will also be in Kurain? So maybe the positioning on the key art doesn't mean too much.

Art Person

This free travel the cast seems to have between the countries makes me think flights in the AA universe must be dirt cheap!

Also Lusankya, during the last livestream the "main cast" image they shared was missing Athena, so I'm just guessing Trucy's not there because they were going for an even number of characters on both sides. (They better tie in Lamiroir and Apollo and Trucy being siblings and not just say "Oh, Trucy, Apollo's your bro!" at the end of case 2 and just never delve into it again)

I wouldn't read too much into the key visual. Trucy, Pearl, and Klavier were on AA5's visual but they had hardly any plot relevance. Trucy seems to be more relevant this time than in AA5 being a defendant at least.

I'm gonna guess Blackquill will have a Klavier-like cameo or there is gonna be a section of a case that is Athena versus Blackquill.

Athena Internet Defense Force

That is some sweet art. Too bad I probably won't be able to see a clean version of that until they release the artbook.

Lusankya wrote:
Trucy not in the key art, but Edgeworth instead. I hope that doesn't predict how important she is going to be in the game.

DD's key art sure didn't predict. Not that I expect her to be relevant outside her case anyway. I mean, what's she going to do? The overarching plot has nothing to do with her.
SuperAj3 wrote:
This free travel the cast seems to have between the countries makes me think flights in the AA universe must be dirt cheap!

Either Edgeworth lends everybody his private jet or they're going to make Nick pay it all at the end of the game.
Bolt Storm wrote:

I guess they thought it'd be poetic to reintroduce her to the franchise the same way she was introduced the first game? Although it kinda defeats the purpose of having her as Nick's assistant.

I suppose Blackquill will be the guest prosecutor and Bokuto is this game's Juniper Woods, but I have no idea about Edgeworth's role.

Also, the dog has a profile? He's the evil mastermind. Calling it now.

luck wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

DD's key art sure didn't predict. Not that I expect her to be relevant outside her case anyway. I mean, what's she going to do? The overarching plot has nothing to do with her.

Well, the overarching plot also includes whatever happens in Japanifornia, so Trucy's case could be important for that.

Anyways, I don't think we have "too many" returning characters. Returning characters are normal and part of the game as Phoenix needs his allies and friends.

My expectations for the returning characters:

After DD it's just natural and obvious for Phoenix, Apollo and Athena to return. Yamazaki confirmed that Athena's role would be important. I expect all three of them to contribute to the main story and being playable.

Ema should have been in DD, but wasn't for *reasons*, so her return is normal and expected.

Trucy is Phoenix daughter and part of the agency, if anything her role should have been bigger in DD. At least in case 2 I expect her to shine. Anyway no surprise to see her return.

Maya fits the setting, so it was to be expected. And honestly fans always cried for her to come back, so this is fanservice fans actually wanted. She seems to be very important for the story, so I think we will be satisfied.

Edgeworth will come back and technically he only missed out in Apollo Justice, so it's not that unusual for him. Let him have a small support role and we will be fine.

Blackquill comes back and the same happened with Edgeworth, Franziska, Klavier and Lang in the previous games, so it's not a super surprise. His role could be anything. A small appearance similar to Klavier's in DD or maybe he will be the prosecutor for (part of) a case again and be more tied to the story.

luck wrote:

No, no, no. It's Lanfa's staff who is the mastermind. It's sentient and wishes to eradicate the Fey clan, cause it houses the spirit of Morgan. (Hey, if they can rehash stuff, so can I, okay?)

The dog is important. But he's more, like, the butler for the staff.

C-A

The cape is self-fluttering

Bolt Storm wrote:

Via Famitsu (copy and paste the link).

This week's Famitsu showcases the game's third case. When a priest is killed in the middle of a ritual, Maya is arrested and held responsible, leading Phoenix to take up her defense. Also introduced is the revolutionary forces in Kurain, the "Dragons of Rebellion".

Also shown is the game's key art, confirming Edgeworth and Blackquill in the main game. And finally, we can see that Ema will appear in Kurain as well to lend a hand.

Man, them Kurain bitches sure do take their positions seriously, now don't they?

Kidding, of course. Mostly, I think.

Hopefully, they'll handle it well. Ema and Maya potentially interacting...that'll be nice to see.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

A New Chapter of Trials!

Aw jeez, that piece of key art looks awesome. I can't wait for a relatively clean version so I can put Kristoph Gavin's face all over it! I'm actually pretty happy to see Blackquill, even for just a cameo.
Eureka!

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Lusankya wrote:
After DD it's just natural and obvious for Phoenix, Apollo and Athena to return. Yamazaki confirmed that Athena's role would be important. I expect all three of them to contribute to the main story and being playable.

I'm not sure about Athena being playable. She's not on the box art and it was said that Apollo would get a much bigger role. Even in Dual Destinies, where the story focused on her, she only had one case to herself (and a moment of the first case).

I hope the game gets self aware about the Maya being accused business. They're probably keeping tradition, but still.

Considering how her Objection theme has been remixed, I say it's pretty likely she'll be playable.

I don't think she'll get a full case or if she does, it will be a DLC case. Though I could easily see her getting a segment of the final case perhaps against Blackquill and if Apollo goes to Kurain at some point...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Seeing how Athena's theme is remixed, and Quilly's return, it's possible Athena's getting her own case. Now, I wonder how he's going to use Objection! and Silence! together, now that he's out of his shackles.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Now, I wonder how he's going to use Objection! and Silence! together, now that he's out of his shackles.

Maybe they'll do it like with Regal in Knight of Ratatosk - give some minor plot reason why he's back in schackles for the duration of his appearance.

C-A

Racing through the sky like a Missile

CatMuto wrote:
luck wrote:

No, no, no. It's Lanfa's staff who is the mastermind. It's sentient and wishes to eradicate the Fey clan, cause it houses the spirit of Morgan. (Hey, if they can rehash stuff, so can I, okay?)

The dog is important. But he's more, like, the butler for the staff.

C-A

Leave Mitamaru alone! He's a sensitive and caring pup, and he's got really big responsibilities to fulfill! Leave him alone!!

As far as news goes, any news is welcome, but I feel the only thing worth noting here is really those dragons. I want to see this coup develop into something much more and for once, let Maya be accused AND kidnapped after the case. It's totally original and never been done before in this series.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Bolt Storm wrote:

Are there any larger sizes of this image?

ASCEND

Yeah, Maya getting arrested again is kind of annoying, but it probably won't affect how much I like the game much. That artwork looks really great though!
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

元・超会社員級の管理人

MBr wrote:
Are there any larger sizes of this image?

Full scans will be available tomorrow morning.

Anyway, my own response to this news (which you may have seen on Twitter): ...audible shrug? I dunno! Blackquill coming back was a given, but Maya getting arrested again feels like they're ticking off a box, and Why Is Edgeworth Even Here In A Semi-Main Role, Good Lord

I do think at least one of Edgeworth/Blackquill is going to be a background character like Klavier in AA5, though. I'm struggling to see how either of them fits into the main story, unless they try to tie the unrest in Kurain to whatever group hired the Phantom or something like that. That said, I could see them playing a role in Apollo's B-plot (which we still know almost nothing about.)

Honestly though they might be able to convince me with an Apollo-Edgeworth showdown, because then at least they're mixing things up (sort of how I'm looking forward to the Maya-Ema interactions) instead of replaying Phoenix-Edgeworth yet again. Which, if they do outside of the DLC, come on
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Why Is Edgeworth Even Here In A Semi-Main Role, Good Lord

If the audio dramas are any indication, Edgeworth is the reason the WAA is undergoing a crisis.
"What will we do now?"
Simple, Athena. You and Apollo are going to become prosecutors. The end of the WAA is nigh.

Besides, Phoenix will get arrested in Kurain, so they won't have a boss anyway. Trucy will just have to hold her office in Klavier's room because Blackquill got mad after she made one of his favorite animu figures disappear.

What a wanderful way to end this enticing 2nd trilogy. It'd lead right into GK3, people. It's the perfect buildup.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Maya getting accused of murder? What a surprising development in an Ace Attorney game :godot: !

Though it's kind of funny that we have two cases back to back of assistants getting arrested and becoming Defendants :trucy: .

But jeez, that poor girl just can't catch a break can she? Every time she meets/reunites with Phoenix she ends up being framed for murder shortly afterwards. Though I guess not everybody can say they've been in jail and accused of murder in two different countries :yogi:...

The Visitor's Room in Kurain having the Defendant's actually behind bars is kind of neat :maya: .

Looking forward to seeing Ema and Maya interact as well as how Edgeworth and Blackquill factor into things.

What did he do this time...?

CatMuto wrote:
Now, I wonder how he's going to use Objection! and Silence! together, now that he's out of his shackles.

Maybe they'll do it like with Regal in Knight of Ratatosk - give some minor plot reason why he's back in schackles for the duration of his appearance.

C-A

Since they already have Blackquill's sprites without chains, I doubt they would have them return. But I suppose you can't rule out that as a possibility...

Anyways, I fully expect Edgeworth to be a background character like Klavier was in DD. I do think Blackquill will face Apollo in case 4, as I've been predicting for quite awhile.

And UGH, I don't want to do the defend Maya thing again. Is this the 5th time? (including the crossover)
I feel like this plot device has gotten very exhausting at this point. They're gonna have to write the script really well if they want me to actually care about Maya's predicament.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

What's a Court Records?

I honestly am not expecting Athena to be playable. If Apollo and Phoenix are Dual Protagonists as said, they would be sharing the game somewhat 50-50. Plus, on the art, she's back further than Apollo and Phoenix are. But that's not saying she won't be important, she'll definitely have a large role. If she is playable in some form, I'd imagine it not being a part of the main game.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

I've felt worse.

Wait, nine-year old Bokuto is defendant #1, Trucy is defendant #2, Maya is defendant #3...
Calling it now, Phoenix is the final defendant AND he's the killer.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Apollon Flame

*sniff, sniff* No Prosecutor Gavin for me on main cases... :'[

*A-HEM* Though I'm VERY happy that Blackquill is back. He deserves a comeback. And I'm expecting him to be the prosecutor in one of the cases. I'm also expecting a showdown between Apollo and Edgeworth: the new generation of the law versus the prodigy among prosecutors from the former generation. :>>
A King

in name

alone...

sumguy28 wrote:
Wait, nine-year old Bokuto is defendant #1, Trucy is defendant #2, Maya is defendant #3...

Nah, it's gotta be Apollo. He'll be the only one who hasn't sat in that defendant's chair... *sighs* and how will he ever complete his own journey to manhood then?!
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gardevoir lover

Jean Descole wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Nah, it's gotta be Apollo. He'll be the only one who hasn't sat in that defendant's chair... *sighs* and how will he ever complete his own journey to manhood then?!

The fact that Apollo is the only one who hasn't gotten arrested reminds me of that one DBZ Abridged joke, just replace death with getting arrested.

"Jesus! Weve clearly all done it!"
"I haven't."
"Give it time your hanging with the right crowd."

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I went snooping around on the AA6 page on Nintendo's Japanese website, and found these cool images:

Software Icon:

Game Art:

Screenshot (The backgrounds for the Cross-Examination cut-ins are blue now):
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Maya holding out a fist instead of pointing? But... but... what about the symmetry?! :larry:

Edgeworth is gorgeous, as usual.

...NAILED IT

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, I heard that the official eShop demo has been released. Think we can get some footage of it? (It might not be any different from the web demo, but I'd still like to see it.)

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

The fact that Apollo is the only one who hasn't gotten arrested reminds me of that one DBZ Abridged joke, just replace death with getting arrested.

"Jesus! Weve clearly all done it!"
"I haven't."
"Give it time your hanging with the right crowd."

It's probably only a matter of time before Pearl is framed for murder too. She's at the right age for it. Maybe next game?

sumguy28 wrote:

Who's the fourth? I need to know. Or are you implying that there will only be four cases in this game?

Say, I just realized our defendants get progressively older. Blackquill or Larry could fit in 4th place and Phoenix in fifth.

LARRY'S COMING BACK GUYS.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I heard there's an opening cutscene for the newly-released eShop demo in Japan. Can anyone get a video of it? Bolt, if you've downloaded it, is the cutscene the same as the prologue or is it something new?

Clarion of Revelations

I have a question:
If they are able to make such beautiful artworks, why do they choose to go eith the simplistic box art style that only fans like?
I mean if I saw the game in a store (having never played and AA game) I wouldn't be interested in it at all.
That artwork would have suited the box art pretty well imo.

Blah!

Also, I heard that the official eShop demo has been released. Think we can get some footage of it? (It might not be any different from the web demo, but I'd still like to see it.)

"(LRT) The Japanese AA6 demo is now available in the eShop! We'll have a playthrough up late tonight."
https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/statu ... 5529103360

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

blahmoomoo wrote:

"(LRT) The Japanese AA6 demo is now available in the eShop! We'll have a playthrough up late tonight."
https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/statu ... 5529103360

Saw that tweet before you replied, but thanks anyway! :maya:

I went snooping around on the AA6 page on Nintendo's Japanese website, and found these cool images:

Game Art:

Damn, Ema looks great in this. She surely has some new found confidence after finally becoming a forensic investigator.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Dammit, where's that demo gameplay?! I'm dying of hype over here!!! :beef: :beef: :beef:

Ema and Phoenix probably meeting up again is cool

Official scans are out: http://nintendoeverything.com/scans-rou ... sons-more/

Characters from Case 3 are introduced. Psyche-Locks and possibily Revisualization looks to be returning.
Page 1 of 2 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes