Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Ace Attorney 6: Japanese eShop demo released, key artTopic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Yash K. Productions wrote:
So, quick question: What does the 3DS home screen jingle for the game sound like? For example, GS5 was Phoenix, Apollo and Athena shouting "Gyakuten Saiban 5!", DD was "Objection!". So what was GS6's?

GS6's is almost the same as GS5's, but it's Chibi Rayfa stretching her arm dancing or something, a title-splash and Athena, Apollo and Nick yelling "GYAKUTEN SAIBAN SHIKKUSU!" :phoenix: :apollo: :athena:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
What do you think of Trials & Tribulations?

Returning characters in SoJ: 10*
Returning characters in T&T: 13

*Not counting Pre-Order DLC only characters, so Klavier or Pearl could still be in the main game and would increase the number to 12.

Trials and tribulations was meant to be end of an overarching story spanning between 3 games, of course there's gonna be returning characters.

Let's have a look at Spirit of Justice's returning characters and their, as we know them, plot justifications.
-> Phoenix, Apollo, Athena and Trucy are all part of the office.
-> Ema has taken back the 'detective' reigns from Fullbright who, because reasons, had to be present last game and couldn't be present this one. The original trilogy kept one detective all through it, I see no reason the same wouldn't apply starting with Apollo Justice*.
*Although Dual Destinies was an exception, again, for plot reasons.
-> Maya. Again, the 'plot reasons' card is played. You could call it fan service, return to form, or plot necessity. I leave it to your discretion.
-> I doubt Gaspen Payne is what you're worried about.
-> The game would also be kind of boring without the Judge, and even that one's kind of changed.
-> Klavier, Pearl, Edgeworth and Blackquill could be taken for the fan service characters. Of course, Edgeworth's triumphant presence in the games is, at this point, series tradition, but I'll concede it can be taken as fan service, though not unexpected.
-> Klavier and Pearl have absolutely no purpose as of yet, though they aren't confirmed to be present in the main game.
-> Finally, Blackquill. No idea what his role will be. Expecting something similar to Franziska's in T&T.

For Maya, I call it an opportunity. There's been demand ever since AJAA and the people who make the new games are big Maya fans themselves, and I don't think the term "plot necessity" seems that striking in this case. It's more that there was an opportunity in figuring out how to bring back Maya in a plot that also takes advantage of the latest trend: Going to other "worlds" to defend people where the rules are different. I think the idea of "plot" is kinda overhyped because there is no overarching story that's advancing game for game here. There's a timeline of course, but really, every time the team has to create a new Ace Attorney game I don't think they make it as some kind of plan of where the story is going. They're simply asking themselves what kind of story would be interesting/entertaining to tell next with the IP, and for what we know, AA6 might just have been a case of "would this be cool? I totally wanna make that kind of game!"

As for Blackquill, as well as Edgeworth this time around, I'm expecting something similar to GK2-5 where they both have some sort of stake in the story but they are not serving very "active" roles in it, but they have decent screentime. I personally think Edgeworth's role in DD was well done (it's more the writing or rather execution I wasn't a fan of) but I'm actually not that worried about this. Also, Klavier is not in the main game. Pearl is probably there because Maya is there.

Also, because we have the dual protagonists; dual setting setup it makes sense to have many returning characters because you can cut them in half to split them up between the two settings. Of course, we'll see Ema in both Kurain and Japan but at least Athena, Apollo and Trucy have their own exclusive stories in the majority of the game where there's plenty of room for new witnesses and plenty of room to revisit the original cast members of DD, like Hugh and etc.

I think most people were happy to see Will Powers in 2-4 or Adrian Andrews in 3-2, so I hope we get to see Hugh or someone again for AA6.

The only thing I'm really bummed about is that with this many returning characters, it would've made sense to switch things up. Why not make Apollo and Pearl tag along for a case? Why not let Apollo face Edgeworth etc.? I mean, Apollo vs Edgeworth is a scenario I crave WAAAY more than Phoenix vs Apollo. My reaction to that part in the trailer was just "meh", it doesn't shock me and it feels 'been there & done that' because of PLvPWAA.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
So, quick question: What does the 3DS home screen jingle for the game sound like? For example, GS5 was Phoenix, Apollo and Athena shouting "Gyakuten Saiban 5!", DD was "Objection!". So what was GS6's?

GS6's is almost the same as GS5's, but it's Chibi Rayfa stretching her arm dancing or something, a title-splash and Athena, Apollo and Nick yelling "GYAKUTEN SAIBAN SHIKKUSU!" :phoenix: :apollo: :athena:

You double posted. I was expecting only Phoenix and Apollo to say that. My guess is that the English version will only have Phoenix and Apollo say "Objection!" (All three were already used for DD.) As far as I know, no two 3DS games can have the same jingle (Fire Emblem Fates does not count), so the jingle has to be Phoenix and Apollo tell "Objection!"
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

They could do that or they could make Maya yell it or something

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

...You double posted again.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Art Person

I'm getting a little lost with this comparison of returning characters in T&T vs SoJ.
T&T couldn't have an exclusively new cast so of course they'd bring characters back as there was no "old trilogy" to revive characters from. In this case, SoJ has 14 returning characters (Including Nick and Udgey) but only 2 characters moving up from the old trilogy (Maya, Larry). Larry's in DLC so that doesn't really add to any 'clutter' that could happen. if anything splitting them up into 2 countries could allow for all these characters AND make the scene less cluttered. I'm so excited for 6-2 being a full feeling AJ case with Apollo, Trucy and Ema! (With Athena in there to remind us of DD LMAO)

The cast isn't cluttered in T&T, or SoJ (as far as we know). D&D did have unnecessary roles for some returning characters, but considering this was Yamazaki and Eshiro's first main series game, I think they wanted to try to cover all bases, show us they know all the character's personalities well and I think they've learned from the messiness of DD.

Honestly, Trucy was only there to intro case 5-2, and be kidnapped and replaced by Pearl, when Pearl could've been DLC exclusive like Larry (Then maybe Trucy's inclusion would've been more than plot premise).

...You double posted again.

Sometimes CR doesn't instantly go to the "view your submitted message" page after you click submit, and so if you click submit twice, it ends up posting twice. No need to tell him off about it XD
Page 2 of 2 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes