Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 75 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice out in September in EU/NATopic%20Title

Just announced via PR:

Quote:
All Rise! Phoenix Wright®: Ace Attorney® – Spirit Of Justice Will Be In Session In September 2016!

Take That! The Next Entry in the Popular Legal Adventure Series Comes to Nintendo 3DSTM

SAN FRANCISCO — May 11, 2016 — Today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, has confirmed that the much-anticipated next installment in the Ace Attorney® courtroom drama series will make its way to North America and Europe as Phoenix Wright®: Ace Attorney® – Spirit of Justice. This narrative adventure stars beloved defense attorneys Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice and sees the return of many familiar faces alongside some interesting new additions. The title will be released as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems in North America and Europe in September this year at an MSRP of $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99. A trailer has been released today on the Capcom Press Center introducing some of the cast and the latest gameplay features.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice sees Phoenix in a brand new location: a courtroom situated in the Kingdom of Khura’in, origin of the Kurain Channeling Technique, where mysterious séance trials decide the fate of all defendants. Brand new to the series is the Divination Séance gameplay mechanic that allows the player to revisit the last moments of a victim’s life. Players must fight to unravel the discrepancies and contradictions between the Royal Priestess’s Insight and what is shown in the séance. Meanwhile, defense attorney Apollo Justice faces his own challenges holding down the fort at the Wright Anything Agency, as he takes on a case that will have explosive implications. Both our heroes are joined by a host of returning friends and adversaries in their fight to bring about justice.

The new game is filled with puzzling cases to solve using popular investigative techniques from previous installments. More details on gameplay features will be revealed in the coming months, so stay tuned!

Confirmed to be Nintendo eShop-only.

Nvm, official upload is already there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZiYdbh ... e=youtu.be
ImageImageImage

Last edited by L~A on Wed May 11, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice out in September in EU/NTopic%20Title

Athena Internet Defense Force

You know, forget everything.

>_>

I'll just come along for the ride.

Never try to post news. >_<

Programmer

Did they catch on to the accidental leak of the title or was this an amazing coincidence? Either way, I'm not complaining!
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Really glad to see a release date on this game!

And also, I can't be the only one laughing madly over Bokuto's english name XD

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spirit of Justice. Spirit of Justice! :apollo:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Bokuto is Ahibi
Laifa is Rayfa - i am so glad they practically kept this name-

Mia Payne

MH MD wrote:
Bokuto is Ahibi

It's exactly the same. Japanese doesn't have a phonetic l, and it's lumped with R

So it was both Leifa/Reifa, and now we know it's Reifa

Sai Manor: Ace Attorney

Bokuto --> Ahlbi Ur'gaid...as in "I'll be your guide."

The pun names are already amazing lol

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Leifa is Rayfa Padma Khura'in.
Bokuto is Ahlbi Ur'gaid.

I hope they keep Nayuta Sadmadhi.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Programmer

Blizdi wrote:
MH MD wrote:
Bokuto is Ahibi

It's exactly the same. Japanese doesn't have a phonetic l, and it's lumped with R

So it was both Leifa/Reifa, and now we know it's Reifa

People who peeked at the Flash demo internals knew that already. People dismissed me when I pointed out, but look at who is laughing now! Not me, because I'm too busy being happy about the news!
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Mia Payne

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Leifa is Rayfa Padma Khura'in.
Bokuto is Ahlbi Ur'gaid.

I hope they keep Nayuta Sadmadhi.

I doubt they would ruin the sadmadhi pun

Spirit of Justice… I like it. Can't quite put my finger on why.

The miracle finally happen...

Quote:
Meanwhile, defense attorney Apollo Justice faces his own challenges holding down the fort at the Wright Anything Agency, as he takes on a case that will have explosive implications.

Are they gonna blow up the freakin agency? O.o

Also was it confirmed in the japanese trailers that the setting for AA6 =/= Kurain? It seems weird that they would rename and entire location, especially considering its importance in the series lore...

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Is this Khura'in the same as the Kurain we know from the trilogy? I guess it is, but why is it spelled like that?

The Law 'Shark'

Probably to emphasise it more as an origin location and appear more grandiose in comparison to the village.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Mia Payne

MBr wrote:
Is this Khura'in the same as the Kurain we know from the trilogy? I guess it is, but why is it spelled like that?

It's not the same Kurain, it's a country, not a village.

Because it's the same idea as the Country being spelled with Hiragana and the Village being spelled with Katakana.

The press release calls it the birthplace of the Kurain Channeling Technique, so it's not a mistake

Let's do this!

Probably to avoid confusion with the other Kurain. I guess the names are written differently in Japanese too

A New Chapter of Trials!

It's really surreal to see this old trailer in English after all this time. I really hope all the puns will be as amazing as Ahlbi Ur'gaid, like just dang, Deid Mann better watch out. Pretty excited to see more English stuff get released!
Eureka!

jaxc wrote:
Really glad to see a release date on this game!

And also, I can't be the only one laughing madly over Bokuto's english name XD

Ahlbi Ur'gaid
Holy shit!

The Law 'Shark'

That is quite literally just the best pun-name ever...pack it up, we're done here - can't possibly get better than that! :D

The miracle never happen

It's nice to finally have a release date, now I'm just hoping that every single pun is as good as Ahlbi Ur'gaid, that's all there really is to say about this, it's the same trailer we saw like, a month or two ago.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Nothing beats Luke Atmey as a pun, but Ahlbi is second best.

An attorney with iluminaty powers!

aaaaand...again only in digital and in english for me,yeeeeeeeh!....damn Capcom...meh,again like DD....xD
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"

The Law 'Shark'

It's probably just the safest bet for them at this point - AA isn't a heavy hitter...reasonable return, sure, but it's simply no RE or Streetfighter in the west.
As much as it sucks, it's likely that this is the chosen method for all AA core game releases in the west for the time being.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Very happy about this! It is funny that this release happened right after the leak but on the other hand DD was announced in mid-may as well.

A couple of things:

"Spirit of Justice" - I'm not big on it, but the more I think about it the more I realize all the other AA games have pretty bland titles as well, I think because it's hard either focus on the law aspect or try and focus on whatever central story arc is going on. Actually, compared to the other titles (Justice for All, Trials & Tribulations, etc.) Spirit of Law is actually the best title out of all of them in regards to its actual relevance to the story. And it's certainly more relevant and less out-of-place than Dual Destinies. So all in all I'm happy about it. So what's the abbreviation? SoJ?

Voices sound about as awkward as always, but it's not the worst voice acting I've heard. At this point I actually really like Sam Reigel as Phoenix; he sounded the most natural to me out of all the characters in that trailer.

The name changes are all good with me, from the limited amount I've seen. As others have said, the change in spelling of the Kurain Kingdom was likely to replicate the Kanji/Katakana difference in the original.

Apollo's line is interesting - it brings back all those discussions we all had in September or October when that TGS trailer was released and Apollo talked about "That person". At the time there was debate about whether he meant someone he knew or whether it was referring to just "that new, important character", but the localized "confront the familiar" makes it clear that Apollo has run into this person before. Now, that might not mean we as an audience have seen them before - it could be a Dahlia situation - but it sounds like Apollo knows who this person is. The weird thing is, they show the prosecutor after that (don't remember his name), who from what we've seen doesn't know Apollo, so that's mysterious. Keep in mind, I've tried to avoid detailed spoilers regarding the actual cases, and I haven't watched the anime prologue they released, but it didn't sound like there was a history there.

In fact, has the whole "confronting the familiar" line been addressed/"solved" yet in any of the streams or trailers or anything? If so, could someone tell me it has (although please refrain from explaining it, just tell me yes or no)? Thanks!

Lastly, we're getting it a month earlier than DD, which is cool. It's roughly the same amount of time, so I might still expect some typos like in DD but that doesn't bother me too much.

I'm fine with it being digital at this point (even though just like with DD I'd much prefer physical) but honestly with AA I'm beyond worrying about that point and now worry every time a new one is released that the next one won't be. I'm guessing there will be a drop in sales compared to DD (there was a lot of hype with that because of the series' haitus) but it might be really not a big deal. Either way, I just hope AA6 doesn't pull a cliff-hanger or anything like that. DD was really good about having a conclusive ending that could have served as a series finale, so hopefully AA6 keeps that in mind too.

Overall, I'm really excited about this game!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Well, about time. I guess this means I'll have to start my media black-out soon. It'll probably be after that livestream next week.

I like Reyfa's voice a lot.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Apollo's line is interesting - it brings back all those discussions we all had in September or October when that TGS trailer was released and Apollo talked about "That person". At the time there was debate about whether he meant someone he knew or whether it was referring to just "that new, important character", but the localized "confront the familiar" makes it clear that Apollo has run into this person before. Now, that might not mean we as an audience have seen them before - it could be a Dahlia situation - but it sounds like Apollo knows who this person is. The weird thing is, they show the prosecutor after that (don't remember his name), who from what we've seen doesn't know Apollo, so that's mysterious. Keep in mind, I've tried to avoid detailed spoilers regarding the actual cases, and I haven't watched the anime prologue they released, but it didn't sound like there was a history there.

In fact, has the whole "confronting the familiar" line been addressed/"solved" yet in any of the streams or trailers or anything? If so, could someone tell me it has (although please refrain from explaining it, just tell me yes or no)? Thanks!

There hasn't been any reference to that line outside that one trailer.

And there aren't any known connections between Apollo and Nayuta.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

luck wrote:
There hasn't been any reference to that line outside that one trailer.

And there aren't any known connections between Apollo and Nayuta.

Interesting...I wonder if they will have a connection or its some clever editing. I like all the mystery they're setting up.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Blah!

Looks like they're using the same dialog font as DD, but I don't immediately see any of the weird cut off letters or kerning problems in the trailer. Although, since the trailer apparently isn't using actual 3DS renders, I guess there's still a possibility that they didn't fix it. I just hope they did, because that was annoying.

Otherwise, looking forward to it! Though man, if Persona 5 also gets a quick release, fall is going to be a busy time!

What did he do this time...?

Wow, a September release surprises me in a good way. I suppose silence doesn't always indicate that they're behind on schedule. Good stuff!

I like "Spirit of Justice". It makes sense according to the game's plot and mechanics, so at least it won't be like Dual Destinies.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Master of sharp things!

On the one hand, it's great we/re getting the game so quickly, and the title is actually quite fitting.

On the other, digital only again outside of Japan? Stop cheapening out, Capcom.

Yes, I know it's a safety net and all that, but if other companies can do limited print runs of their games, so can they.

Edit: And I hope the naming puns stay this good. Ahlbi Ur'gaid is hilarious!

OH BOY, 3AM!

So would it be pronounced Hu-ra-in or still Kurain?

Probably going under the radar now that we have the release date.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Mia Payne

Sniper and Rifle wrote:
So would it be pronounced Hu-ra-in or still Kurain?

Probably going under the radar now that we have the release date.

Still Kurain

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Spirit of Justice has five possible release dates:

September 1, 2016
September 8, 2016
September 15, 2016
September 22, 2016
September 29, 2016
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The Cartoonist Extraordinaire!

Spirit of Justice? Kinda sounds like...

"Known as the hero, the one that's unbeatable, that's why they call him Phoenix Wriiight!"
Ciao.

Art Person

Ooh! So they found out about the leaked title!?
Interesting how they changed up Kurain's spelling. Also now I need to get used to Rayfa and Ahibi XD

Programmer

Yeah, no. There is no way they just so happened to have the trailer ready and chose to release it now in response to the leak. It takes more than a few hours to write pr material, prepare a trailer and so on. This was a scheduled release that just so happened to be the same day the localized title leaked.

Clarion of Revelations

henke37 wrote:
Yeah, no. There is no way they just so happened to have the trailer ready and chose to release it now in response to the leak. It takes more than a few hours to write pr material, prepare a trailer and so on. This was a scheduled release that just so happened to be the same day the localized title leaked.

Which is amazing lol
This is such a great coincidence, although if only the leaks weren't shown until tomorrow at least it would have been a surprise

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Now, that might not mean we as an audience have seen them before - it could be a Dahlia situation - but it sounds like Apollo knows who this person is.

Heck yeah I would like that. I really hope we learn more about Apollo's past, or that the poor guy at least gets some closure. (*cough*learningwhohisfamilyis*cough*)

Ahlbi Ur'gaid is hilarious, though at this point I can't see him any anything besides Bokuto; I'm just really used to that name now. I'm glad Leifa's name is pretty much the same. Not sure I like the spelling for Khura'in, but I understand why they may have wanted to separate it from Kurain (as people are mixing them up even now, thinking that the game is set in Kurain village).

It's a shame that we're getting another digital release; my 3DS can only hold so much storage. But again I see why Capcom's playing it safe. Considering how some of the games haven't even been released here in the west, I'm assuming that they're worried about sales. In which case I'll be happy we're getting a localization at all (though they also might be losing sales, as I know people who couldn't play DD because it was digital-only).
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

Mia Payne

SuperAj3 wrote:
Interesting how they changed up Kurain's spelling. Also now I need to get used to Rayfa and Ahibi XD

Ahlbi, not ahibi

Art Person

Blizdi wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Ahlbi, not ahibi

I saw the name in MH MD's post as Ahibi :payne:
Pun makes no sense now XD
Page 1 of 2 [ 75 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes