Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 74 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice - final trailerTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Would it be weird if you were sitting in a classroom, then all of a sudden, you did Nayuta's "Igiari no jutsu" then said "Satora imaoman domosamashi detashinuke taregasayo sonoka!" out loud?

Also, #TeamApollo for life!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The miracle finally happen...

Lusankya wrote:
Isn't the crisis about Trucy being the defendant in case 2? For killing "Green-Purple Magician"?

But surely there's more to it than that right? I thought the events of case 2 would then lead into the big "crisis", assuming Apollo's arc would span 2.5 cases (Case 2, Case 4, and half of Case 5). If it's just about Trucy getting accused then that would be incredibly underwhelming.

#TeamApollo

That one super-uncooperative witness

Would it be possible for Nick to switch to the prosecutor's bench that quickly? The way Edgeworth switched to defense in 2-4 made it sound like they were smuggling illegal goods or something (though it's been a while so I forget the exact wording). His struggle with the concept of the defense chair in AAI2 also felt like a discussion of an entire career change. I...had no idea what Godot had to do.

Doesn't seem like there's any real tension between the two in that scene, though, so if anything it'll probably be a challenge for Apollo rather than some actual showdown between the two. I'm more curious what the circumstances of the case will be, though.
Come on, Capcom, we've been waiting on him to learn about a certain something since 2007...

#TeamApollo; sorry, I love you Nick, but I want this kid to see some more things in this series. Is #TeamPolly also acceptable for use?

What did he do this time...?

I'm not sure what to think about that last scene with Apollo VS Nick back in Japanifornia. That seems like a setup to one of the special content cases, not the main game, but they wouldn't just be showing it off in a trailer it that was the case.

This game could be named Ace Attorney: Civil War. Not only do we have revolutionaries threatening Khura'in, but we have Apollo and Nick facing off. I'm guessing Athena will be on Team Apollo, probably so that the player can still do the Mood Matrix.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

L~A wrote:
The DLC theory is interesting, could make sense, but that'd be surprising of them to tease it so early. Guess we'll see next week.

Hoso Boso posted this:

Interesting...

interesting indeed, now can anyone know what Nayuta's shout "SATORA" means? - i assumes it is a "kurainese" word cause i didn't see any translation for it- maybe he just means " UBDERSTAND" -if machine translation from japanese to be trusted- but it seems unlikely

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

L~A wrote:
henke37 wrote:
Is the image supposed to be upside down? And more importantly, what does it say?

Ah sorry, should've explained. Looks like there's a theory about Kurainese, the letters are apparently (stylised) flipped-down hiragana characters. Not quite sure what the text is supposed to say, though (if it says anything at all, like Splatoon's Inkling language).

The text says "Satora imaoman domosamashi detashinuke taregasayo sonoka". It's the same thing Nayuta says. Also, in the first trailer, we are given this (I flipped it upside down myself):
The visible part is apparently read as "ほんいらく" (hon iraku).
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Lusankya wrote:
Isn't the crisis about Trucy being the defendant in case 2? For killing "Green-Purple Magician"?

The trailer text simply says a member of the WAA is attacked. I don't know if it refers to the same case, or if Trucy is defendant again.

In any case, the crisis is more focused on the later incident, not case 2.

L~A wrote:
Hoso Boso posted this:

Interesting...

Wow, I should have seen that coming.

It doesn't mean anything in Japanese because it's not, but I thought the one-to-one ratio seemed suspicious. Now I know why...

That it so happens "satora" sounds like the word "satoru" which means "to be enlightened" is probably more than a coincidence, but nothing else in this chant seems to line up.

Edit: I wonder if we get an anagram from this?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Now i am wondering how they will handle "SATORA" in the localization , they could just leave it as it is cause it is a foreign country and all of that, but who knows

MH MD wrote:
Now i am wondering how they will handle "SATORA" in the localization , they could just leave it as it is cause it is a foreign country and all of that, but who knows

I think they'll just keep it. Don't see any reason to change.
ImageImageImage

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Edit: I wonder if we get an anagram from this?

I'd sooner suspect a substitution cipher, as that would be easier to use. You'd need more bodies of text to go Adventure of the Dancing Men on the cipher though.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

You mean like the Dino language from Star Fox Adventures?

I still can't shake off the feeling that Maya's model is awfully underdeveloped, especially the aide pose.

Vietnamese Avocado

When Phoenix becommes the prosecutor, I really hope he has the same level of confidence he had in AJ, or something similar at least. Really didn't like his nervous personality in Dual Destinies.

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Ash wrote:
CIVL WAR. WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?

#TeamNick
#TeamApollo

That's exactly what I was thinking. First Batman v Superman, then Civil War, and now this.

It's funny how Dual Destinies had Phoenix and Apollo with opposing beliefs on a case, and now we're getting something similar. Though I'm expecting a 2-4 kind of scenario where they're teaming up to find the truth. But why is Phoenix still wearing his attorney's badge?

I'm a little disappointed that we might not actually be getting someone from Apollo's past as his mysterious opponent like we thought, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for this. This was all I was thinking about today, honestly. The shock is only now starting to wear off. I am pumped.

I guess I was making a face while thinking about this earlier, as my friend noticed and asked me if everything was alright. I was too embarrassed to say I was thinking about video games.

Also, #TeamApollo
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'm #TeamApollo all the way as well, although there must be a reason why Phoenix is doing what he's doing.

It can't be Trucy as the defendant, as Phoenix wouldn't ever prosecute her, and Apollo wouldn't turn his back on her so I think that aspect of it is out. Maybe it's Maya-related, but it's probably something we don't know yet. Athena kills Maya

As interesting as it would be to have Phoenix and Apollo truly having different outlooks on the case (and defending them even if it meant going against each other) I concur that it's probably going to be more of a VS or Edgeworth vs. Phoenix thing rather than a real conflict between them. It would be hard to resolve their relationship and become a happy family again if they were really fighting each other over situation.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

No, no, you misunderstand. Athena couldn't possibly kill Maya because the latter would kick her butt. :/

There's no way I can get on the Prosecutor Phoenix bandwagon. I'm still convinced he got shunted off of the defense bench.

Or rather, I'm convinced it's part of the Special Episode that was leaked in data mined from the eshop demo. It probably isn't the DLC short stories, since we've already got separate promotions for them. We have yet to acquire official info for that DLC episode, and in no conceivable manner in the main game can Nick get away with prosecuting, even if he does have Edgeworth pulling some strings. Besides, he's not fooling anyone in that court, and his attorney's badge is present and presented proudly.

It's safe to say that if this is from the special ep, it's gonna be non-canon.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Besides, he's not fooling anyone in that court, and his attorney's badge is present and presented proudly.

Tigre managed to fool the entire court to be another person entirely with his cardboard badge :tigre: the court isn't that smart :udgey:

Gardevoir lover

Maybe "Prosecutor Phoenix" is just a bit made for the trailer?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

to be honest i don't even think it is necessary to be "prosecution" in particular, just the 2 of them opposing each other

Blah!

If Nick acting as a prosecutor is some sort of special case that happens on the spot, it's not like they'd have a prosecutor's badge just waiting for him; those things have ID numbers (if it's anything like the defense badge). Nor would the court demand that he takes his badge off, because yeah, we know he isn't a real prosecutor. Don't need the formalities in all possible situations that could lead to what we see in the trailer.

MH MD wrote:
to be honest i don't even think it is necessary to be "prosecution" in particular, just the 2 of them opposing each other

That's what I'm thinking too. It doesn't have to be a case where someone is murdered. The two may as well be competing for who wins the election this year who gets the rights to the WAA agency or something where the agency itself is under attack.

...Dang, is it too late to switch votes, then?

#TeamNick cause he's my A1 since day 1

I am way too excited for this game. Gonna have to stay off tumblr after the games comes out to avoid spoilers, but no biggie. There's going to be some crazy ish happening and spoilers would suck.

Lastly: WHY IS NAYUTA SO BEAUTIFUL?! He has such grace and his presence feels amazing, even in the trailer.

MH MD wrote:

That's what I think as well. Maybe Phoenix will act as the final challenge for Apollo before he can become an independent lawyer and not just a junior partner.

No, no, you misunderstand. Athena couldn't possibly kill Maya because the latter would kick her butt. :/

Assistanbowl!
#TeamMaya
#TeamAthena
#Thirdway-TeamTrucy

Gettin' Old!

#TeamTrucy
#TeamApollo

Feh Nick could be a Prosecutor if he wanted provided he remembers to hide his badge.

Think how easy it was for Edgeworth in T&T.

I'd always assumed confronting the familiar would involve Kristoph somehow though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

"Two Protagonists"

RIP Athena.

Maybe that Phoenix vs Apollo means we'll see the return of the Canadian judge! :bro:
ImageImageImage

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

L~A wrote:
Maybe that Phoenix vs Apollo means we'll see the return of the Canadian judge! :bro:

That sad face is fitting. We all want him to be there but we know he won't :bro:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

A comment I saw on Nico Douga to this trailer suggested the possibility of a civil case. That is another way how two defense attorneys could be pit against each other without breaking any rules, and Edgeworth doesn't have to get involved.

#teamMaya
#teamApollo
#teamStepladder

...My choices seem so contradictory and self-destructive.

Art Person

So people are thinking Nick and Apollo actually face off? I thought it was more a coming-of-age thing for Apollo, like he's visualising now that he doesn't need Phoenix. Unless this is part of that "crisis" and Nick plays dirty and reveal's Apollo and Trucy's relationship to throw him off XD

Also
#TeamApollo FTW!
#TeamMaya
#TeamScience

Everyone = Guilty

Ash wrote:
CIVL WAR. WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?

#TeamNick
#TeamApollo

#TeamApollo
#TeamAthena

Apollo Justice for AA7

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

Well Athena did throw a cop once.
Spoiler:
And she stabbed the Phantom in self-defense when she was a child.

I feel like Apollo facing Nick might be his chance to prove himself as an attorney or something, kinda like Nick vs Godot in T&T.

September isn't too far away, but I'm an impatient child and I don't know how I can stray away from spoilers for that long. I'm grateful we're even getting the game, but dang it's gonna be hard not to give in to temptation and spoil the game for myself.
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

Beauty and grace.

I'm super excited for the potential Phoenix vs. Apollo face-off. All my dreams are coming true.

Also #TeamApollo (give him the development he deserves).

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Wow! It seems like a ton of stuff has come out in the last week or so.

I can't really comment on the game itself anymore than I already have, since it looks great and seems to have everything I want in an AA game (evidence analysis, AJ characters, new settings, etc.).

It seems like Phoenix on the prosecutor's bench might be what Apollo's "confronting the familiar" is about, although in some ways that's a little disappointing since it means that it isn't a reference to a new bit of character development for Apollo but is rather a move similar to VS, pitting the heroes "against" each other. I also can't imagine the game not pulling the move that game did where it was a cooperative attempt to get the truth (like one of the posts above mentioned). I don't think that's a bad thing, but because of it I don't feel a lot of drama over the seeming conflict since it's likely not going to be conflict after all. But that's not a complaint in any way.

Nayuta is what Apollo was talking about. My guess is that the scene with Apollo in Kurain takes place somewhere during the 4th and 5 the case. :godot:
Page 2 of 2 [ 74 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes