Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Interview w/ Eshiro+Yamazaki: loc. challenges, still noTopic%20Title

blahmoomoo wrote:
TaylorHyuuga wrote:
Has anyone asked what these "circumstances" preventing localization are?

Using "circumstances" in an interview like that hints that they can't go into any more detail for PR reasons, so we probably will never know, even if DGS eventually does get released. There's no point for an interviewer to press further on the matter.

Okay. That makes sense.

Beauty and grace.

TaylorHyuuga wrote:
Planetbox wrote:
Of course, but in Dual Destinies, he only gets one full playable case, and is absent for most of the game. And sure, Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice was his own game, but it focused quite a bit on Phoenix's disbarment. Not only that, but you didn't even get to play as Apollo at all between the two trials in Turnabout Succession. Spirit of Justice looks like it's finally focusing on Apollo, which is something I'm happy about.

Yeah, but in a more character development standpoint, Apollo is being focused on in the second trilogy. Sure, he only got Monstrous Turnabout and Cosmic Turnabout in DD, but the game still had some focus on Apollo developing as a character, even if it did focus on Athena more. Also, I wouldn't say that he was absent for most of the game. He was put on the sidelines in Academy, yes, but that's about it. He was important in Countdown, even if he only physically appeared in the Lobby, he had Monstrous and Cosmic for himself, and he was a witness in Tomorrow. And yeah, SoJ is focused on Apollo a lot. You learn quite a bit more about his backstory. I personally don't see losing out on an investigation as Apollo between the two trials of 4-4 as a problem, but maybe that's just me.

Comparing it to the focus Phoenix got in the first trilogy though, the amount of focus on Apollo's character is definitely imbalanced. But I mean, this thread isn't for debating about whether or not Apollo gets proper focus though.

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Comparing it to the focus Phoenix got in the first trilogy though, the amount of focus on Apollo's character is definitely imbalanced. But I mean, this thread isn't for debating about whether or not Apollo gets proper focus though.

Fair enough
Re: Interview w/ Eshiro+Yamazaki: loc. challenges, still no Topic%20Title

This is really depressing, trust me, I know, but I see some of you saying you are going to boycott AA6. That is totally not the answer here guys. If AA6 sells well, DGS has a better chance of getting localized than not buying it. Boycotts will only show Capcom decreased interest in AA in the West. C'mon guys, even if it doesn't get localized, we still have fanslations, even though they seem a bit far off, and we are getting a brand new Ace Attorney game in September and we already have an anime to watch every Saturday for the franchise. It's now, more than ever, one of the best times to be a fan of the franchise, so let's start looking on the bright side.

Bitter Old Man

Cesar Zero wrote:
DeiStar wrote:
Well, that's fine. The fan-translation is coming soon anyway.
Still not purchasing SoJ thanks to this stunt, though + being digital only again.

Well I hope you enjoy all 0 future AA games that are going to be localized/physically released thanks to people thinking like that.

Lots of us refuse to support digital only releases of retail games, and to blame fans/consumers for speaking with their wallet about how they want their product released for companies not bringing stuff over is ridiculous. If we don't get more AA, it's squarely on Capcom's shoulders.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

Programmer

Carts are overrated. Sure, the box and such is nice. But it's not really useful. Internet access is pretty much everywhere and team Jollyroggers is there if the servers go down.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Physical copies aren't all the rage anymore. How often do people buy PC games on discs?! I get all my PC games either through download codes, or Steam. On my 3DS, Star Fox, Smash, FE:A, DD, and Trilogy are downloads, while Birthright, Y, Omega Ruby, Xenoblade, and PLvsAA are carts. That's a 5:5 digital to physical ratio. It's 2016 already. Physical copies are becoming obsolete, what with digital movie purchases on iTunes and Google Play, as well as computers completely getting rid of the optical drive (notably with Apple).
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gardevoir lover

My problem with digital games is that i don't fee like the games i get digitally are my property, especially when they can be taken down from the shops at any moment, i don't see a positive about that.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
My problem with digital games is that i don't fee like the games i get digitally are my property, especially when they can be taken down from the shops at any moment, i don't see a positive about that.

Technically games on disc aren't your property as well. Also if you're worried about games being taken down you can make a back up save.

Beauty and grace.

Lusankya wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Technically games on disc aren't your property as well. Also if you're worried about games being taken down you can make a back up save.

How do you make a back-up save for an eShop game?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Select the game on the HOME menu then select "Save-Data Backup" or whatever the option is.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Copy it from your SD card to your PC for example.

AceAttorneyFan10 wrote:
This is really depressing, trust me, I know, but I see some of you saying you are going to boycott AA6. That is totally not the answer here guys. If AA6 sells well, DGS has a better chance of getting localized than not buying it. Boycotts will only show Capcom decreased interest in AA in the West. C'mon guys, even if it doesn't get localized, we still have fanslations, even though they seem a bit far off, and we are getting a brand new Ace Attorney game in September and we already have an anime to watch every Saturday for the franchise. It's now, more than ever, one of the best times to be a fan of the franchise, so let's start looking on the bright side.

I'm tired of this "if x AA game sells well, MAAAAAAYBE we'll do something" stuff.

Maaaaaaaybe if AA5 sold well, we would have gotten a physical release, but that wasn't the case.
Maaaaaaaybe if AA5 sold well, we would have gotten localization of AAI2, but that wasn't the case.
And with the fan-translation coming, they will have even LESS reason to bring DGS over because many fans will go play or watch that instead of waiting for Capcom's food scraps to drop from the table.

They know fans want DGS. They admitted to it, but they don't want to bring it over because "business comes first" and they don't care about pleasing the fans. They care about making the profits. Understandable, as they're a business. So screw them.

Gardevoir lover

Lusankya wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

But that doesn't work all the time, in some cases there's no way to get backups and certain games are lost into the ether. Like PT and Scott Pilgrim, as far as i'm aware the only way to play those nowadays is too know someone who bought those when they were around.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

As far as I know, the backup saves work for all the AA games, including DGS. So unless you hate Capcom that much, it's preferable to stick with supporting the series in the west as much as possible. If you guys don't personally buy it, then at least don't discourage others from doing so with these sorts of complaints. What terrible mojo.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gardevoir lover

I am planning on buying it. (Not at launch but i am gonna buy it) These are just my complaints with digital gaming as a whole.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'm frankly more worried about how all the 3DS pirating is going to affect sales. I will definitely support them.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Beauty and grace.

Lusankya wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:

Thing is though, even if you save a backup, what if your 3DS breaks? As far as I know, eshop games only work on the 3DS you've either purchased it on or have transferred onto (and even then you have limited transfers).

Gardevoir lover

You only have limited transfers?

Blah!

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:

Thing is though, even if you save a backup, what if your 3DS breaks? As far as I know, eshop games only work on the 3DS you've either purchased it on or have transferred onto (and even then you have limited transfers).

It's been said before (back in threads about this same thing with DD) that if your 3DS breaks or is stolen, you can get Nintendo support to transfer your account to a new 3DS. This is made easier if you have a My Nintendo account (required for digital downloads anyway), since you won't need to know your serial number. I'm not sure about reusing the same SD card (so you don't have to download everything again or lose saves), but I'd guess that the account transfer through Nintendo support should transfer over the same stuff as a physical transfer.

From what I read on the screens when I transferred my old 3DS to a New 3DS, the limit on transfers is time-based; IIRC, you can't transfer again for 7 days or something like that. I don't remember seeing any lifetime limit. The process does require an Internet connection, so that part would enforce the limit.

Beauty and grace.

Oh, apparently they just they just abolished the limit (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/1 ... sfer_limit) so that's so much better.

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

To be honest, I don't care if the game is digital only, I'm getting it at launch day (I've had $35.00 in my eshop account since December just for the game). As much as physical copies go, while most people like to have the case (and I respect that) , all it is just a box that gonna collect dust and you end up tossing away in a few years. Digital games though, can be deleted but you can still have back ups for, so that way, if you finish it, you can make a back up, delete and buy another game to play. (Of course this is my opinion, and I know some will disagree)

Programmer

I don't think I've ever tossed a game case. At least not one of the plastic ones. They are sturdy enough to keep forever. Nice to have but, not important. I don't mind missing out on it, but I wouldn't throw one out.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Beauty and grace.

I toss out my game cases too, but I just like having the chip in my hand. Of course, it can get lost and what not, but IDK.
Page 2 of 2 [ 64 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes