Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 72 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Spirit of Justice - Maya TrailerTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO_nHXlI4J8

The "Maya Trailer" has been officially localized and shown off at Anime Expo 2016!!!

Also, I'm really liking Maya's voice. Sounds almost like her VA in PLvsAA. I wonder if Samantha Dakin's reprising her role...?

EDIT: The game has been confirmed to be rated "T" by the ESRB!

EDIT 2: Okay, so Maya's being voiced by Abby Trott.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Spirit of Justice - Maya TrailerTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

T for Teen...guess that means no bloodied children wait...

Blood
Language
PARTIAL NUDITY
Violence

One of these things...seems out of place.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Mia Payne

Pierre wrote:
T for Teen...guess that means no bloodied children wait...

Blood
Language
PARTIAL NUDITY
Violence

One of these things...seems out of place.

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER.

ONE OF THESE THINGS JUST DOESN'T BELONG.

What's a Court Records?

When Maya started talking, I was okay with her voice, and then the rest of the trailer, it just felt... odd. I usually like the English voice acting, but Maya's voice doesn't really sound that good to me in this game... :/
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

The partial nudity is
Spoiler: Case 3
Shirtless Maya channeling Malmel.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Athena Internet Defense Force

Nice, they kept his name as "Nayuta Sadmadhi".

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

With two extra "h"s thrown in. It's "Nahyuta Sahdmadhi".

Athena Internet Defense Force

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

With two extra "h"s thrown in. It's "Nahyuta Sahdmadhi".

Oh...

Whyyyy...?

Programmer

For those wondering, the esrb website has not yet been updated to include the game.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Yabba Dabba Doo

Did anyone else notice the new Objection voice clip for Phoenix? I compared it to the original SOJ trailer (Which had the DD one) and it's definitely different.

1000% Knight

It seems weird to me that DD was M but SoJ is T, but... oh well.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Clarion of Revelations

Are these new voice clips going to be in the full game or are they trailer exlcusive?
Because "Objection", "That's Enough" and "Hold it" all sounded very different.
Also, did Athena's voice actor change?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Bad Player wrote:
It seems weird to me that DD was M but SoJ is T, but... oh well.

I'm guessing this game doesn't have a scene with
Spoiler: DD
a kid engulfed with the blood of a parent :udgey:

I hope the new "OBJECTION!" by Sam Riegel means they've re-recorded all objections, mostly because then Edgeworth might not sound like ass in the DLC.

EDIT: Like one poster earlier, I'm also kinda annoyed with the overuse of putting in muted "H"s in everywhere. Janet is obsessed with that even when everyone is already pronouncing "Na-yu-ta" the right way. You don't need an extra H to make the A-sound flat, and I dunno, but it just looks annoying to read along with the remaining Khura'inese "H"s /major nitpick (I know it doesn't matter in the long-run xD)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Clarion of Revelations

I saw this on Nintendo Everything:
Quote:
"Last but not least, brand new to the series is pious prosecutor Nahyuta Sahdmadhi, a devout monk who can often be heard admonishing his rivals with the phrase “Satorha!” He holds an international license to practise law, which allows him to prosecute both at home in Khura’in and abroad in America. Using his unique religious rituals, Nahyuta seeks justice for the victims of heinous crimes so that their souls may rest in peace."

Sator-ha?
Welp, Hs are everywhere, huh?

Breakdown

Partial nudity? So what you're telling me is, one of the NSFW breakdowns from my fan animations is coming true? :hotti:

Like the speed of getting to this trailer in English. Nayuta's voice around the corner I hope. Two more months.

What did he do this time...?

MrCafecito wrote:
Are these new voice clips going to be in the full game or are they trailer exlcusive?
Because "Objection", "That's Enough" and "Hold it" all sounded very different.
Also, did Athena's voice actor change?

I'm pretty sure they will be used in-game, I believe the trailers for Dual Destinies and PL VS AA both used in the in-game sound clips for their trailers.

Apollo's and Athena's voice actors sounded different to me. Anyone else notice that?

Quote:
I hope the new "OBJECTION!" by Sam Riegel means they've re-recorded all objections, mostly because then Edgeworth might not sound like ass in the DLC.

Oh, you're right! I think the chances are good that Edgeworth's objection gets changed. And hopefully Klavier's too (he's in one of those bonus episodes, right?), because his was even worse than Edgeworth's in DD.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Danchat wrote:

Apollo's and Athena's voice actors sounded different to me. Anyone else notice that?

Apollo's VA is already confirmed to be the same from DD (Orion Acaba) and imho Athena sounded exactly like Wendee Lee again.

Yabba Dabba Doo

MrCafecito wrote:
I saw this on Nintendo Everything:
Quote:
"Last but not least, brand new to the series is pious prosecutor Nahyuta Sahdmadhi, a devout monk who can often be heard admonishing his rivals with the phrase “Satorha!” He holds an international license to practise law, which allows him to prosecute both at home in Khura’in and abroad in America. Using his unique religious rituals, Nahyuta seeks justice for the victims of heinous crimes so that their souls may rest in peace."

Sator-ha?
Welp, Hs are everywhere, huh?

Satorha? Good lord this is getting ridiculous. Some Hs are fine, but their just shoehorning them in everywhere. Might as well call Saara "Shaharhah" now.

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Thunder84 wrote:
Did anyone else notice the new Objection voice clip for Phoenix? I compared it to the original SOJ trailer (Which had the DD one) and it's definitely different.

I believe the Japanese version of this trailer actually had both Phoenix's and Apollo's Objections play on top of each other. I wouldn't necessarily take it as Phoenix having a new Objection (especially since we've heard the DD one already used in the initial trailer); it might be the English objections on top of each other.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

I've felt worse.

Maya's English voice... doesn't sound too bad. It's actually rather close to the voice my head thought up for her.

Also, "United States." That's funny.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Yabba Dabba Doo

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

I believe the Japanese version of this trailer actually had both Phoenix's and Apollo's Objections play on top of each other. I wouldn't necessarily take it as Phoenix having a new Objection (especially since we've heard the DD one already used in the initial trailer); it might be the English objections on top of each other.

If you listen to the clip carefully, it's definitely one person talking. Even if it was 2 people, this new one has a lower pitch than the DD one. If it was both objections, then we'd hear the higher pitch in Phoenix's DD one.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

I'm also on board with Maya's voice here, it's closer to the PLvsAA one which I liked a lot. Hanamura's voice, although cute, sounds really weird with THIS Maya. Guys, she's 28 (or 29), not 16.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I'm liking everything thus far... at this point I feel like the h's are on purpose and one of the localization's gimmicks. Half-expecting Phoenix to comment on them in-game actually. I think Maya is excellent and the voice acting quality has improved! :maya: Although Kokone is as bad as ever *deep sigh*

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, it looks like "異国" and "日本" are "abroad" and "home" respectively.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Ah yes, the United States. This is definitely America all right, no doubt about that.

But seriously, I liked Maya's VA, since it's pretty in-line with the PL vs. AA one.
Eureka!

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

I liked Kokone's voice in Japanese, actually. Athena's English voice, not so much.
The closest I've liked in her voice (and Blackquill's) is this fandub, of all things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0CClpgmETQ

Last voices to look out for are Nayuta (No h, please! :() and Ema.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, a nice gem:
"アッピラッケー" is officially translated as "hap'piraki". Apparently, the "h" is silent, of course. (Janet even pronounced the 'h', but Eshiro corrected her.)

So, I know three Khura'inese words: "Hap'piraki", "pohlkunka", and "mitamah".
EDIT: In Case 1, "Magatama" was in katakana, so I think the English translation will be "mahgatamah". If this happens, I will be seriously disappointed.

Thunder84 wrote:
TheBlarghMan wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

If you listen to the clip carefully, it's definitely one person talking. Even if it was 2 people, this new one has a lower pitch than the DD one. If it was both objections, then we'd hear the higher pitch in Phoenix's DD one.

Hmm. Well, I hope it's Apollo's objection then, or just one that they did for the trailer. That objection sounds too...loud...for lack of a better word for Phoenix. Perhaps shouty is a better way of putting it.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Also, a nice gem:
"アッピラッケー" is officially translated as "hap'piraki". Apparently, the "h" is silent, of course. (Janet even pronounced the 'h', but Eshiro corrected her.)

EDIT: In Case 1, "Magatama" was in katakana, so I think the English translation will be "mahgatamah". If this happens, I will be seriously disappointed.

Where is that from, and how is it used?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Thunder84 wrote:
Also, a nice gem:

Unobjectionable

It's not Samantha Dakin. Voice actress Abby Trott (voice of Kim Wu in the recent Killer Instinct reboot) confirmed that she's playing Maya.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I heard they showed the English dubbed prologue at AX. Think we might be getting it soon?

Art Person

Ehhh Maya's voice feels kinda generic... I just hope Ema and Trucy have good voice acting! DD I liked Phoenix, Athena and the minor voices like Junie and L'Belle. Apollo, Edgey and Klavier, Ehh... they need to sound more like their original VA's samples.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Maya feels "generic"? Given the anime-dubness pg everything else I'd say she stands out as sound the most natural and fitting.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Art Person

linkenski wrote:
Maya feels "generic"? Given the anime-dubness pg everything else I'd say she stands out as sound the most natural and fitting.

I picture her speaking faster, and more animated, i.e. A higher pitch range to her inflections. (And I don't think she'd use the word 'pious', but each to their own I guess). Her anime VA does it very well, and I wish it'd sorta mimic that. Her voice feels too serious for her personality (that being said, she is older now, so I guess this is the new Maya?).

Chronically Unstable

But what's the point of keeping the same voice if the character has obviously changed over the years?

Change is inevitable. Don't expect the same person to act and feel the same after a significant amount of time. This is the reason I prefer Maya's english voice to her japanese one, which sounds nothing like a 28-year-old.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, someone on YouTube commented that he sent a tweet to Brina Palencia… and she liked it.

No, I'm not lying. I looked up his Twitter page (he had the same username) and found the tweet.

Guess this means Brina's voicing Rayfa after all. Now, if Matthew Mercer could confirm that he's Nahyuta… All jokes aside, I really want Matthew Mercer in this game.

Clarion of Revelations

Thunder84 wrote:

Did someone take photos of the whole presentation? If so, where can we find them?

I heard they showed the English dubbed prologue at AX. Think we might be getting it soon?

If we do, I'm really looking forward to having hamburgers poorly photoshopped over the pork buns used for the Japanese version.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I retweeted this. Keep scrolling down.
https://twitter.com/VaguelyHorrible/status/749285616848744448
Page 1 of 2 [ 72 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes