Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

AA6 Dev. Staff Interview (Gyakuten Tsūshin)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

The first part of an exclusive discussion interview with six people from the AA6 development team was posted today on Gyakuten Tsūshin, the official fan community site for the series. Producer Eshiro, director Yamazaki, art director Fuse, sound engineer Horiyama, programmer Noda and planner Daigo have a diverse talk about what they think are the highlights of the game and their favorite characters (it does not spoil anything not specifically mentioned in the Japanese marketing of the game).

A full translation of this (first part of the) interview can be found on here.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: AA6 Dev. Staff Interview (Gyakuten Tsūshin)Topic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Thanks for sharing, as always!

...And there it is, straight from the horses mouth:
Quote:
Eshiro: By the way, Horiyama made a lot of songs too for this game. We asked composer Iwadare Noriyuki, who worked on a lot of the games in the series, for the music in the main parts of the game, but we also have tracks by Horiyama.

That's all I needed to know :)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Programmer

Was the interview censored in the original too?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

迷探偵

henke37 wrote:
Was the interview censored in the original too?

Yep. Because it's the name of a character they haven't featured in the official marketing campaign of the series.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

迷探偵

The second part of the interview was posted, and I have another translation.

Most of it is: "what xxx of the game do you like best?", but the question about what characters they want to see again is quite interesting, as err, yeah, these guys are exactly the people who are going to decide that for the next game! At least one popular character seems pretty much assured of an appearance in a next game...

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

Wow. A courtroom battle between Franziska and Athena in Europe. Why haven't I thought of that, that's perfect!

And yay, more of Debeste prosecutor on earth!

And I want to see a Badd-like Gumshoe. Seriously, that has to happen.

And those two other Fulbrights? Why don't we call them Billy Fulbright and Benny Fulbright? :justice:

Gardevoir lover

...F*ck there's gonna be more Trilogy pandering bullsh*t in the next game.

I thought after Maya we'd be done with this?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

迷探偵

Personally, I'd really love to see how Yumihiko is doing now. He'd pretty interesting as a 'disciple' character for Edgeworth.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
...F*ck there's gonna be more Trilogy pandering bullsh*t in the next game.

I thought after Maya we'd be done with this?

AAI, AAI2, DD and AA6 have all dabbled a lot in love for the trilogy, but I think it's a relatively healthy amount in the latter two and AAI2 still wins points just for doing it in a good way outside of all the stupid cameos.

I would love to see a GK3 if it happens in the DD-era because then it could focus on new characters. I think it would be more interesting to see some cameos of DD characters than the trilogy side-characters as well, becuase they can actually expand on them rather than reusing what had already been done at least twice with them.

迷探偵

I'd be interested in Gyakuten Keiji actually, with (finally!) Ema in the lead. A game about the era of AA4~AA6 could be pretty interesting, showing of various stages of her life as a police detective trying to become a forensic investigator. Could show us more of the actual workings of the police in the AA world, similar to the 1-5.

That would be neat. It could be a story of her and a police-officer doing the prliminary interrogations until her forensics end up breaking the case to convict 3 or 4 criminals before her her boss is singled out as the leader of the same crime syndicate the other 4 culprits where a part of in the final case, and thus paving the way for her future position as a forensic investigator, however that works lol.

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

They could also show us more of Bobby Fulbright,
Spoiler: 5-5
the real one, not the phantom,

as a kind of assistant for Ema, before everything in AJ and DD happens. They would be able to characterize him more and tell, why he's so obsessed with justice.

I liked Fulbright but DD's story involving him was bad IMO so expanding his character with a prequel would only leave the end of that prequel with a sense of the disappointment to come.

迷探偵

Using the fictional brothers could be interesting there. You'd only hear about Fulbright via his brothers, so that has a lot of potential for both setting him up properly for AA5, without putting him too much in the spotlight (for example, through optional conversations).

Leader of SCWRM Comms

What I'd give to at least hear about how Iris is doing.

迷探偵

Part three of the interview is also available now, and I have a full translation here. Not as interesting as previous entries, but still, I think it's good we hear a bit more from the programmers of the game this time (as they are unsung heroes), and there's an err.... interesting Valentine's Day card with Mia on it, which was originally drawn for the private website of the AA6 dev team.
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes