Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Lady Layton confirmed for 2017 global release, detailsTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Level-5 have confirmed that Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone's Conspiracy will see global release in 2017! From their PR:

Level-5 wrote:
As one of LEVEL-5’s masterpieces, the PROFESSOR LAYTON series of puzzle adventure games has sold more than 15.5 million units worldwide to date. Its newest official sequel, Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone’s Conspiracy — available on Nintendo 3DS/Android/iOS — was announced to be released in Spring 2017 in Japan. Not only will the main character switch from ‘Professor Layton’ (Hershel Layton) to ‘Kat’ (Katrielle Layton), many of its characters will be brand new. The story will focus less on dynamic problem-solving and more on solving multiple mystery cases observed in the everyday lives of Londoners, which will bring a faster tempo and more comical tone to the series. It will be more familiar — and funnier — than ever, while maintaining an adventurous quality. The creators of the puzzles and brain-teasers, the core element of the series, will also be new. Please look forward to the new PROFESSOR LAYTON series, targeting a Western release in 2017.

The game's official site also opened, bringing with it screenshots of the adventure portions on both 3DS and smartphones:

If you missed it, the subtitled trailer can be viewed here!

(You may have noticed this isn't an Ace Attorney newspiece! We're looking at expanding our news coverage and discussion a bit. Feel free to sound off on this little experiment...)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Lady Layton confirmed for 2017 global release, detailsTopic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

Multiple cases eh?

This should be an interesting venture.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Let's Play the Tape Again

Hopefully this new game will finally push me to finish the last two Layton games.

Also I just thought I'd say I'm all for Layton news in addition to Ace Attorney stuff.

I wonder if the multiple cases are connected as in most AA games, or if they're unrelated? It's probably because they also publish the games on mobile phones. 3DS users pay the full price and get the full game, while on iOS and Android people can try the first episode for free and then later buy each episode separately or in a bundle.

Edit: First time I saw the translated trailer. Oh wow, the dynamic between Katrielle and Sherlo is awesome.

The cape is self-fluttering

I like how the dog just gives her shit the whole time.

It's like they took the average player who complains about Layton's deductions being conveniently spot on all the time, and inserted them into the game in cynical pet form.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

So uh

Are we just going to gloss over the fact that there's a talking-ass dog now?

I mean sure the Laytonverse is pretty crazy sometimes but still

Gardevoir lover

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
So uh

Well Luke can talk to animals to it's entirely possible that Kat learned how to from him, judging from the trailer i don't remember anyone else noticing the talking dog, it was only her hearing him.

Yabba Dabba Doo

While I really like Kat from the trailers, I'm not so sure on this "Multiple Mystery" thing. I've always loved how Layton games have one big plot point that is solved with some crazy ass reason, so having a few smaller mysteries is definitely less appealing to me.

Ace Explorer

Thunder84 wrote:
While I really like Kat from the trailers, I'm not so sure on this "Multiple Mystery" thing. I've always loved how Layton games have one big plot point that is solved with some crazy ass reason, so having a few smaller mysteries is definitely less appealing to me.

Like someone else in the thread pointed out, it's possible that it will be like Ace Attorney, where at least some of the mysteries end up pointing towards a climactic finale.
Hopefully said finale would be handled better than the last time we've seen a member of the Layton family (PLvsAA)... That ending was just an infodump for the ages.

...In other news, Kat is the most adorable detective I've ever seen and I want this freaking game already.
Well? Are we going or what?

Beware of the Dog

I showed the trailer to my stepbrother, and he was like "She can talk to animals? Has Layton secretly slept with the Luke's mother or something?" :karma:

Programmer

I prefer to think of it as the opposite: Luke taught the dog how to speak to the Lady.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Beware of the Dog

henke37 wrote:
I prefer to think of it as the opposite: Luke taught the dog how to speak to the Lady.

That would actually be fun.

Gardevoir lover

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
I showed the trailer to my stepbrother, and he was like "She can talk to animals? Has Layton secretly slept with the Luke's mother or something?" :karma:

You know it's funny, for some reason she does remind me a lot of Luke's mom.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
So uh

Well Luke can talk to animals to it's entirely possible that Kat learned how to from him, judging from the trailer i don't remember anyone else noticing the talking dog, it was only her hearing him.

Noah's talking with him around the 3 minute mark

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I think the twist behind Lady Layton's character will be that she's not related to Mr. Layton but rather the daughter of Luke in the future.

Anyway, it's incredibly smart of them to release this on Smartphones as well. I'm almost sure we'll see an NX port too at some point and if not, then for future Lady Layton titles.

But I should say, I would've maybe been more excited for this if the last 3 Layton games didn't exist. I finished 4 thinking it was kinda whatever and 5 really dragged its feet too much and I honestly never finished the final Layton game. I think all those games lacked something the first games had. I think it's intrigue. The first game instantly has a sense of quirky mystery kinda like Twin Peaks. The tone is perfectly gloomy when you see the Curious Village. The second game had a fine premise IIRC, just a really, really weak ending and the third game had a great mindfuck mystery going on the entire time and the best character revelations and plot by far as well as an emotional ending, even if parts were phoned in lol.

I'm just hoping since this is a reboot it might turn out to be more like the first 3 games than the last 3.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Beware of the Dog

linkenski wrote:
I'm just hoping since this is a reboot it might turn out to be more like the first 3 games than the last 3.

Same here.

A Kirby and AA fan

Jean Descole wrote:
I like how the dog just gives her shit the whole time.

I agree and don't agree. I do like the dynamic between the two, but watching the trailer in Japanese (of which I know hardly a word) I already thought the dog's reactions were getting old. With the subbed trailer, knowing what he's actually saying, it actually got even older quicker. I sure hope the dog is more than just the guy who keeps saying Catrielle is wrong and subsequently being surprised. (Honestly, how often can someone get surprised if it's so consistent?)
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes