Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 27 posts ]

The First TurnaboutTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Okay, so this is more trivia than a news piece. But hey, when else are we gonna get to make this post?

Today, August 3rd, 2016, marks the in-universe date of the very first Ace Attorney case, PW:AA's "The First Turnabout"!

It's a little surreal to think that when the case was written, 2016 was seen as far-off enough to get away with setting the world's worst/best legal system in it... and yet here we are.

(Now what's really going to be weird is when Apollo's first case rolls around...)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: The First TurnaboutTopic%20Title

Yabba Dabba Doo

I knew it was coming soon, but I didn't know the exact date. Either way, it's pretty crazy to think of how far the series has come.

I write to share my madness with all.

On a related note, right now is a really important time for this series. The 15th anniversary, we are officially beginning the timeline of the first game, and Spirit of Justice comes out in a month.

To celebrate, when August started I began replaying the Ace Attorney series, starting with the first one of course.

Any of you doing something similar?
I fell into fanfic hell many years ago. This place is my home now.

I can't believe the day has finally come... Back when they made it in 2001 that was around 15 years away, when the game takes place. Now we are in the timeline of the games how cool is that!

This is also making me really excited to become a lawer when I go to college and law school!

迷探偵

For those interested, I have translated the blog entry Takumi wrote about The First Turnabout for the official GBA website on Gyakuten Saiban Library, where he explains about the creation process of the story.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thinking about it, Larry has been defendant in only one case throughout the entire series, hasn't he? Not counting the moments when he gets suspected in the AAI games and their audio drama.

Actually, I find Larry to be one of the luckiest recurring characters in the cast. Why would Phoenix say he has "bad" luck??
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

It has been a while since I posted anything on this forum, but on this day I figured this would be worth sharing.

Having had the 3rd of August 2016 marked in my calendar for some time now, I decided last week that I should actually put in all of the cases of the first three games (excluding 3-1 and 3-4) in my calendar. After a quick google search I couldn't find an existing Google Calendar available for import, so I decided to make one myself.

If any of you are interested, feel free to get it from https://goo.gl/FmT9xE.
Although created in the Amsterdam timezone (not sure how this is exported by Google), maybe some of you are crazy fans like me and want this to become part of their calendar ;) I've based the events on the timeline as found here on Court-Records, but please let me know if I made a mistake somewhere :yogi:

Now excuse me, I'm off to listen to "Reawakening" from Turnabout Musical a couple more times to end this brilliant day.

Last edited by Hugtenburg on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The miracle never happen

I'm playing the cases at the exact same time the game takes place, as in, I'll play the second case during the time it takes place, each section being done during a different day.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

The cape is self-fluttering

Snowthefirst wrote:
On a related note, right now is a really important time for this series. The 15th anniversary, we are officially beginning the timeline of the first game, and Spirit of Justice comes out in a month.

To celebrate, when August started I began replaying the Ace Attorney series, starting with the first one of course.

I've been playing PL vs AA when Xenoblade's camera makes me too dizzy. Does that count?

Actually, once I finish, I would like to play through all the AA games (not including PL vs AA) one time before SoJ.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Call me James

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Thinking about it, Larry has been defendant in only one case throughout the entire series, hasn't he? Not counting the moments when he gets suspected in the AAI games and their audio drama.

Actually, I find Larry to be one of the luckiest recurring characters in the cast. Why would Phoenix say he has "bad" luck??

Well, the guy can't keep a girlfriend for more than a week or two. That's unlucky, I guess :gumshoe:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

OBJECTION!

I had no idea today's date was the actual date in the game. When PW: AA (DS) came out in 2006, I was the same age as Phoenix in-universe.
I just replayed the very first case - it had a warm nostalgia to it I think.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Art Person

This is the beginning of the rest of our lives LOL
I should replay the first game again just to experience the weirdness of playing in the moment XD

If by 2027 we lack robots that recognise people only by their jackets I will be disappointed. (And happy if they could recognise by face LOL)

What did he do this time...?

I can't quite remember why the series started in 2016... was it something mentioned in the game, or did the developers decide this? I'm drawing a blank.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Art Person

Danchat wrote:
I can't quite remember why the series started in 2016... was it something mentioned in the game, or did the developers decide this? I'm drawing a blank.

I think it was set 15 years in the future for the sake of it. Like as a way of explainig why the Initial Trial System is in place.

The law is full of contradictions.

Holy crap I just realized I'm older than Phoenix.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Derper

Not sure if they did it as part of the celebration but a certain AA theme was played last night to promote a cover album of several Capcom games.
You can watch it here: https://youtu.be/Qfal5NjGSvk?t=2h59m5s
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Master of sharp things!

I've been prepared for this day. I played 3-4 and 3-1 on their respective days, so playing 1-1 only seemed fitting. Don't remember if I did the same for AAI's flashback case though, but that was over five years ago...

I've played through the whole series many times, both in release order and chronological case order (with AAI included), but there's something... special, for lack of a better word, playing the cases on the dates they would be happening. Maybe it's just curiosity in seeing how the AA world compares with reality, like when we reached 2015 and compared Back to the Future Part II to the present, or something else entirely.

In any case (no pun intended!), 1-2 begins on September 5th.

SuperAj3 wrote:
If by 2027 we lack robots that recognise people only by their jackets I will be disappointed. (And happy if they could recognise by face LOL)

Actually, robots with color recognition technology do already exist. Granted they're not as "advanced" as Ponco and Clonco, but they have 11 years to work that out. :godot:

Snowthefirst wrote:

Not the whole series, but from time to time I replay selected titles and this time it's T&T again and I hope I will finish it before AA6 arrives.
It's the first time I'm playing the trilogy, though, and some characters really look different in "HD" compared to their old GBA/DS sprite. Most notable would be Iris/Dahlia.

What's a Court Records?

I had completely forgotten that CR was going to be announcing the events as they happened in the AA universe, partially because there was nothing for a while. Anyways, it'll certainly be interesting to have these updates for a few years and then have a break for like 7 years. XD
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

迷探偵

Dollarluigi wrote:
I had completely forgotten that CR was going to be announcing the events as they happened in the AA universe, partially because there was nothing for a while. Anyways, it'll certainly be interesting to have these updates for a few years and then have a break for like 7 years. XD

I used to do that on the C-R Twitter when I was still behind that. Usually, my train of thought would be: "We haven't tweeted for a while now. Let's take a look at the calendar and see what happened in the series lately" ^_~
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The video game boy; the one who wins

Hugtenburg wrote:
It has been a while since I posted anything on this forum, but on this day I figured this would be worth sharing.

Having had the 3rd of August 2016 marked in my calendar for some time now, I decided last week that I should actually put in all of the cases of the first three games (excluding 3-1 and 3-4) in my calendar. After a quick google search I couldn't find an existing Google Calendar available for import, so I decided to make one myself.

If any of you are interested, feel free to get it from https://goo.gl/FmT9xE.
Although created in the Amsterdam timezone (not sure how this is exported by Google), maybe some of you are crazy fans like me and want this to become part of their calendar ;)

That's really nice, I like it.

I too plan on playing the cases on their respective dates, hopefully I can keep up with that and SoJ by the time I get it. I'm especially looking forward to play 1-4. It's weird, even when I started playing the games in 2013 I never thought about the day coming when they're actually set in the present. At least I never knew I was still gonna be interested in the games by then, let alone interested enough to care this much about it. What saddens me is that Mia only has slightly more than a month left to live.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

What's a Court Records?

Ash wrote:
Dollarluigi wrote:

I used to do that on the C-R Twitter when I was still behind that. Usually, my train of thought would be: "We haven't tweeted for a while now. Let's take a look at the calendar and see what happened in the series lately" ^_~

I go back and forth between actively going to Court Records and being away from the site for a while.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Super Tuff Pink Puff

It's so hard to believe that time has finally caught up with the games and cases are now and soon to be truly in the past. It's like how time needs to catch up with itself depending on what time travel rules you're following. Except it's going the slow routine with more murder, black and white video tapes and ladders.

For a lack of better words, it's quite amazing what this first case started in both in-game events and even real life. And now, the date that started it all while just is another bit of interesting trivia, is infact, one of the most important in the entire series. All because Larry couldn't keep himself out of trouble.

You know what they say, "When something smells, it's usually the Butz."

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Kessler wrote:
I'm playing the cases at the exact same time the game takes place, as in, I'll play the second case during the time it takes place, each section being done during a different day.

So am I. Although, I supposed we all missed Turnabout Memories and possibly Turnabout Beginnings, depending on how you see the latter case. :luke-side:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

The Trial to the Truth begins

Every story has a beginning and this is where it all began.
Avatar made by Purple Angel and Signature done by Vicki-chan. ^^
I thank them both so much! The Trial to the Truth has begun.
Dual Destinies Playthrough: Here

迷探偵

SuperAj3 wrote:
Danchat wrote:

I think it was set 15 years in the future for the sake of it. Like as a way of explainig why the Initial Trial System is in place.

Takumi tweeted about this today, actually (Full translation here). Basically, he didn't set the game in the future (or any specific time period), and he didn't want to use any years at all at first. But he needed a year for the file on the DL-6 Incident, so he just used 2001 (which was just the year when he was writing the game). He actually hoped that nobody would ever pay much attention to the year. Fast-forward 15 years later ^^'

So the game wasn't really set in the future on purpose; it was just that the DL-6 Incident was set in the present (at the time).

DGS fucking when..

Oh how time flies. I still can't believe that we've caught up with the game itself in real life. I can honestly say that Ace Attorney is one of the rare case of a breath of fresh air in the gaming world with its new mechanic and game style. I mean who can honestly imagine a type of court room game that's actually fun and works before this franchise came out? I'm just happy that Ace Attorney has established a new genre of game that hopefully will catch on and motivates people to make their own courtroom battle game. So far I've played Avian Attorney and sure it has potential but it could still use more work. In any case I just hope that as time goes on, courtroom drama game can actually make a steady foothold in the gaming world just like FPS, RPG, Tabletop, Racing, etc, etc.
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes