Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 63 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice releasing Sept. 8th in UTopic%20Title

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Oh hey in the background of one of the screenshots is the localization of "Minuki in Arumajikiland"! I can't seem to completely decipher it though. Trucy in Gramarye-Land is my best guess, including the hyphen.

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Another name for the list.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Retinz. As in... Retina display? I wonder how this coupled with his first name will amount to the feeling of a person who's pretending to be smart but uses outdated fashion.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

I'm fine and ready for justice!

random123 wrote:

Can you tell me where you found that picture? :think-pw: :maya-thought: :think:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Clarion of Revelations

Apollo4Justice wrote:
random123 wrote:

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/pdI0l#RNPN8Uc
Source: http://www.vidaopantalla.es/2016/08/fec ... f-justice/

MrCafecito wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:
random123 wrote:

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/pdI0l#RNPN8Uc
Source: http://www.vidaopantalla.es/2016/08/fec ... f-justice/

If you don't mind me asking, are there screenshots, that aren't in Turnabout Magic Show, of the English translations in other cases? If so, could you provide a link?
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Clarion of Revelations

AFAIK the only new screenshots we got are all from Turnabout Magic Show unfortunately...

Quote:
Retinz. As in... Retina display?

Yeah and/or maybe "ratings", like TV ratings, because he's a TV producer. (english is not my native language, so i could be wrong)
If my theory is correct, the full name could be Nielsen Retinz: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings

The screen is from Gematsu, btw.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I think "Nelson Retinz" would work better.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Beauty and grace.

Perfect, it's releasing 8 days before my birthday, so my boyfriend is getting me it as a gift. I can't wait.

September 8th?! that was a lot sooner than I expected!
:object: :edgeworth:
and I cant wait for :eh?:
But, :maya: is probably the one I missed the most!
I haven't spoiled myself a single detail yet! (That's a lie)
:apollo: :phoenix: :athena: :maya: :eh?: and of course :payne:
I hope to see a return for a certain prosecutor though...
:godot:
I REALLY can't wait.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Good to know it's early in the month! I remember waiting for DD felt so long because it didn't come out until late October (and I ended up waiting a month longer until November so I could play the DLC case chronologically, so it was a 5 month wait for me from the Japanese release).

Surprised that there's no pricing information, or info on the DLC stuff. I assume it'll probably be $30 for the base game like last time, but I wonder how the DLC will work in the West. If I remember correctly, there's a costume DLC, two pre-order episodes and the full on DLC case. I'm sure the costumes will come over 100%, and I'm guessing they'll be free for a while like DD (assuming they were free in Japan for a while - I honestly don't remember a lot of the DLC details for the Japanese release of SoJ). I'd assume the full DLC case will come over here as well, although I wouldn't be surprised if it is a paid download from the get-go rather than being free for a little bit, which I'm fine with to be honest. What I really wonder about are the pre-order episodes. I would think that this piece would have mentioned pre-ordering bonuses if they were doing that in the west, but it's always possible it will come out later. I hope that if they don't have the pre-order promo in the west they at least localize them and release them as paid downloads.

Overall, though, I'm excited!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Monkey with a gun

September 8!?

Wow, that's actually a lot earlier than i thought it would be released.

Damn, now i have to redo my backlog priority to make sure SOJ is ready to be played as early as possible.

Though im still curious if we are still getting the bonus Pre-order cases japan got in some form or not.

迷探偵

D.A. McCoy wrote:
If I remember correctly, there's a costume DLC, two pre-order episodes and the full on DLC case. I'm sure the costumes will come over 100%, and I'm guessing they'll be free for a while like DD (assuming they were free in Japan for a while - I honestly don't remember a lot of the DLC details for the Japanese release of SoJ).

There are two costume packs, the 'normal' one was free for a while, the other always paid (the Sengoku BASARA one). As for the other two skit episodes, they weren't pre-order per se, but early purchase bonuses (I don't even know why everyone says it's a pre-order, because Capcom never claimed they were), so they might be offering it together with the game itself the first week, which was how it was done with the Japanese digital copy (there was a download code included in the physical copy).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'm actually a bit bummed they couldn't remake the DD costumes too for this game. I really liked all of the DLC costumes in that game and I want Phoenix to have his old school look when I play as him :P
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Beauty and grace.

Ash wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
If I remember correctly, there's a costume DLC, two pre-order episodes and the full on DLC case. I'm sure the costumes will come over 100%, and I'm guessing they'll be free for a while like DD (assuming they were free in Japan for a while - I honestly don't remember a lot of the DLC details for the Japanese release of SoJ).

There are two costume packs, the 'normal' one was free for a while, the other always paid (the Sengoku BASARA one). As for the other two skit episodes, they weren't pre-order per se, but early purchase bonuses (I don't even know why everyone says it's a pre-order, because Capcom never claimed they were), so they might be offering it together with the game itself the first week, which was how it was done with the Japanese digital copy (there was a download code included in the physical copy).

Ooooooooooooh so it wasn't pre-order? Then we might have a good chance of getting them here too.

Reznov877 wrote:
September 8th?! that was a lot sooner than I expected!
:object: :edgeworth:
and I cant wait for :eh?:
But, :maya: is probably the one I missed the most!
I haven't spoiled myself a single detail yet! (That's a lie)
:apollo: :phoenix: :athena: :maya: :eh?: and of course :payne:
I hope to see a return for a certain prosecutor though...
:godot:
I REALLY can't wait.

Sorry but
Spoiler: Minor Spoilers Regarding Characters
Gumshoe isn't in Spirit of Justice.

Ash wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:

Can you explain to me how "early purchase" is any different than "pre-order"? I don't get it. Do you mean "the week of the release" early purchase?

迷探偵

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Can you explain to me how "early purchase" is any different than "pre-order"? I don't get it. Do you mean "the week of the release" early purchase?

A pre-order is when you place a reservation for a product before it is released, right? Real pre-order bonuses are bonuses you only get if you make an actual pre-order.

Early purchase/limited availability bonuses are bonuses that are (usually) included with the first shipment of a game. So you don't need to pre-order the game to be able to get them, you only need to be in time to get them. This applies to the bonuses in AA6 (in Japan). For the physical copies, a DL code for the two Turnabout Theater skits is included in the first shipment of the game. For digital copies, it was included for all copies bought through the eShop until one week after the release date. So even on the eShop, you didn't need to preorder the game to actually get it. Even with the physical copies, it was quite probable you'd find a copy with the DL code inside if you went to the store early.

Some people appear to be wondering whether you actually needed to pre-order the game to get the bonuses (for AA6). That is not the case. And if they are going to publish those skits in the localized version, it is quite possible they'll do it the same way they did it in Japan (with the digital copies).

Practically speaking, pre-order and Early purchase/limited availability bonuses often work the same. There's a limited supply, so in order to be sure you get your hands on it, you pre-order it. But there's a distinction, because there are also true pre-order bonuses, which means you only get them if you actually pre-order the product (i.e. these bonuses are only offered to customers who make a reservation for a product before a certain deadline, before the release date). These are more rare, but they do exist.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

Early purchase/limited availability bonuses are bonuses that are (usually) included with the first shipment of a game. So you don't need to pre-order the game to be able to get them, you only need to be in time to get them. This applies to the bonuses in AA6 (in Japan). For the physical copies, a DL code for the two Turnabout Theater skits is included in the first shipment of the game. For digital copies, it was included for all copies bought through the eShop until one week after the release date. So even on the eShop, you didn't need to preorder the game to actually get it. Even with the physical copies, it was quite probable you'd find a copy with the DL code inside if you went to the store early.
But you would still get the episodes if you preordered it in Japan, right? By that, I mean, does "early purchase" only apply to the special episodes when it was released in Japan or did "preorder" apply on top of that?
Some people appear to be wondering whether you actually needed to pre-order the game to get the bonuses (for AA6). That is not the case. And if they are going to publish those skits in the localized version, it is quite possible they'll do it the same way they did it in Japan (with the digital copies).

Practically speaking, pre-order and Early purchase/limited availability bonuses often work the same. There's a limited supply, so in order to be sure you get your hands on it, you pre-order it. But there's a distinction, because there are also true pre-order bonuses, which means you only get them if you actually pre-order the product (i.e. these bonuses are only offered to customers who make a reservation for a product before a certain deadline, before the release date). These are more rare, but they do exist.

Sorry, Ash, for some reason, my reply to you cut off my actual reply. :payne: Anyways, what I was going to ask was "When the Japanese version of SoJ was released, did only "early purchase" apply to get the episodes or could you get them with preordering as well?"

The miracle never happen

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Sorry but

Spoiler:
Well damn, I was really hoping Gumshoe would at the very least be a cameo in the DLC, I kinda guessed he wasn't in the main story, but with all the returning characters, I was really hoping Gumshoe would be back too.

"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

迷探偵

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Sorry, Ash, for some reason, my reply to you cut off my actual reply. :payne: Anyways, what I was going to ask was "When the Japanese version of SoJ was released, did only "early purchase" apply to get the episodes or could you get them with preordering as well?"

You could get them by preordering as well. As long as you got your hands on the initial shipment one way or another (preordering, thus reserving an early copy, but you could also get them w/o preordering if you could find an early copy in the store).

Kessler wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:
Sorry but

Spoiler:
Well damn, I was really hoping Gumshoe would at the very least be a cameo in the DLC, I kinda guessed he wasn't in the main story, but with all the returning characters, I was really hoping Gumshoe would be back too.

Spoiler:
There is a reference to Gumshoe in a piece of optional dialogue though, that seems to imply he's still a cop (I guess you could also read it as a reference to Ema, but that wouldn't make any sense in the context of that dialogue...)

Page 2 of 2 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes