Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 63 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice releasing Sept. 8th in US/EUTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

For a few months now the only word we've gotten on AA6's release date is "September", and now September is just around the corner... so it was about time for an update, eh?

Capcom confirmed today that Spirit of Justice will be released September 8th in America and the EU, with an eShop demo available on August 25th.

A new trailer was also released showing off the characters' abilities - and to round out the news, we got a few new names! Mimi Nanano is now Bonny de Famme, Mr. Menyou is now Mr. Reus, and while we don't have a full name yet, Saara Aatam's got "Beh'leeb" somewhere in there.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice releasing Sept. 8th in UTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

Ah, wonderful news! I'm glad it's early in the month too, the later half of September seems very crowded and has some high profile games coming out, so this gives our favorite series some time to shine.

Programmer

The new trailer sure makes you realize just how many gimmicks the series have picked up over the years. Yet, not a single one is bad.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Looks like "Mr. Reus" has knocked "Ahlbi Ur'gaid" down to No. 2 on best pun in the game.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

A New Chapter of Trials!

That was fast! I'm pretty excited for this one, and it will provide a fun distraction from school.
Eureka!

Clarion of Revelations

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Looks like "Mr. Reus" has knocked "Ahlbi Ur'gaid" down to No. 2 on best pun in the game.

Ummm, what is the pun in his name? I still don't get it...

Yabba Dabba Doo

Since Saara and priest guy both have the same last name, I think it's safe to assume that Beh'leeb is Saaras first name.

The Law 'Shark'

MrCafecito wrote:

I believe the general pun is intended to be 'Ruse', such as a trick or deception... :damon:
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Master of sharp things!

Totally agree there. Actually, all the name puns we know of so far have been pretty good, especially the regional-inspired ones.

MrCafecito wrote:

If you say it quickly, it sounds like "mysterious".

Gardevoir lover

...When did these names start to get so... Unfunny?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Yabba Dabba Doo

I guess with Mr. Reus, it depends on how you say it. It can be said like "ruse" or like "Ree-us". Either way, the pun works.

Clarion of Revelations

Sebastian Stark wrote:
MrCafecito wrote:

I believe the general pun is intended to be 'Ruse', such as a trick or deception... :damon:

Ohhhhh... I get it lol
But still, I like Ahlbi's more

Athena Internet Defense Force

Whee! The ride begins!

The miracle never happen

An eshop demo on August 25th? I'm so glad I bought my 3ds a month early now!
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

The Law 'Shark'

Because of fingerprinting, I actually need to get a new microphone accessory since, well, I broke my mic' through misadventure...luckily, Ebay provides an answer!

OBJECTION!

I'm so excited! I've actually managed to avoid spoilers for this one!!! :will:

henke37 wrote:
The new trailer sure makes you realize just how many gimmicks the series have picked up over the years. Yet, not a single one is bad.

That's definitely debatable. There are some that I like better than others, but I don't know how I feel about trying to cram as many of them as possible into one game :ron:

Clarion of Revelations

ApollozJustice wrote:
I'm so excited! I've actually managed to avoid spoilers for this one!!! :will:

henke37 wrote:

That's definitely debatable. There are some that I like better than others, but I don't know how I feel about trying to cram as many of them as possible into one game :ron:

It's not exactly like they're cramming all of them in, it's just the characters that have abilities all appear in this game, so not using their "gimmick" would be weird

迷探偵

Sebastian Stark wrote:
Because of fingerprinting, I actually need to get a new microphone accessory since, well, I broke my mic' through misadventure...luckily, Ebay provides an answer!

They added a button for blowing this time, actually, so you don't need to use the mic! And it's a help too, because those segments are quite bad in this game, and would have been even worse if they forced you to blow in the mic over and over and over....
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Clarion of Revelations

Ash wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

They added a button for blowing this time, actually, so you don't need to use the mic! And it's a help too, because those segments are quite bad in this game, and would have been even worse if they forced you to blow in the mic over and over and over....

But you can still blow, right?

迷探偵

MrCafecito wrote:
Ash wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

But you can still blow, right?

Yes, you can either blow in the mic, or just use a button. The way the segments are done in this game however, blowing gets tedious very fast.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Programmer

I just wish that they'd translate the Flash demo too.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
I just wish that they'd translate the Flash demo too.

If I were to hazard a guess, the English eshop demo will probably be that and a bit more. Like with AA5's demo.

ALSO:
ACE ATTORNEY SALE ON THE ESHOP! ACE ATTORNEY TRILOGY(16.49USD) AND ACE ATTORNEY 5(11.99) ARE BOTH ON SALE!

Might want to add that to the news post because these sales are few and far between.

On another note, does anyone know if the DLC case for AA5 is on sale as well? I don't have it, so I can't check.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:

Totally agree there. Actually, all the name puns we know of so far have been pretty good, especially the regional-inspired ones.

MrCafecito wrote:

If you say it quickly, it sounds like "mysterious".

Oh, didn't work for me at first as I was pronouncing his name the German way, e.g. like Marco Reus' name (the German footballer).

The Law 'Shark'

Ash wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

Oh thank chriminy, that's good to know too. xD

What's a Court Records?

Finally! :D

(Now how am I going to magically get $30 in eShop credit in September?)
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

Finally, a released date! Thank god I've had $35 in my eShop account for months, just for this.

OH BOY, 3AM!

Ash wrote:
Yes, you can either blow in the mic, or just use a button. The way the segments are done in this game however, blowing gets tedious very fast.

Tedious how? If they changed something, what did they change?
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Art Person

Mimi was Bonny! I guessed it!
Also we finally get a release date! And it's in less than a month!

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Yes! I've been waiting so long for a new trailer. But does anyone know if the trailer we got is replacing the final trailer that Japan got? That's the one I wanted to see in English the most. :edgey:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Clarion of Revelations

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Yes! I've been waiting so long for a new trailer. But does anyone know if the trailer we got is replacing the final trailer that Japan got? That's the one I wanted to see in English the most. :edgey:

I don't think so, the final trailer will most likely be the launch trailer

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Very happy about the news of the release date. I did not expect early September, but that's just fine :)

That trailer is pretty backwards though. I don't think they made it very hype whatsoever, neither to a fan or to the average guy. Either way it's just a bunch of side-mechanics shown completely out of context. Nobody who's not played the series before would look at this trailer and understand and they sure won't be excited by the chains appearing and then disappearing after someone yells "TAKE THAT!" and it's like "Who is Ema?" "Who is anyone in this? What kind of game is this?"

I don't know. I think this seemed as if someone at Capcom were asked to record some random footage from the game showcasing the nonessential features and then some irregular editor inserted it into Capcom's SoJ trailer-framework on a whim. It's not very well made and not very hype at all. :payne:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

MrCafecito wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

Do you have any idea as to when that might be? A week before the release? I know it's likely impossible to know but my fanboy is in control right now.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Clarion of Revelations

Apollo4Justice wrote:
MrCafecito wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

Do you have any idea as to when that might be? A week before the release? I know it's likely impossible to know but my fanboy is in control right now.

If it is the launch trailer, it should release on September 8

Apollo4Justice wrote:
MrCafecito wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

But nothing's been heard about the DLC release, correct? Just the main game? :edgey:

Ait, I just realized Phoenix's "Take That!" and Apollo's "Gotcha!" and "Got it!" are the same from Dual Destinies. I thought they updated the voice clips, what's up with that? :udgey:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Those "updated" voice clips were trailer-exclusive. Compare it with the Japanese trailer. Also, the JP final game recycled the DD clips.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

What did he do this time...?

Those "updated" voice clips were trailer-exclusive. Compare it with the Japanese trailer. Also, the JP final game recycled the DD clips.

Really? That's disappointing... I was under the impression they were going to re-do all the sound clips.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

What's a Court Records?

I'd be really happy if the western released did that too.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

迷探偵

Sniper and Rifle wrote:
Ash wrote:

Tedious how? If they changed something, what did they change?

There are like these huge (3D) surfaces you need to check, and you can only use a small amount of fingerprint powder at the same time (you 'recharge' the bottle of powder by blowing the powder away), which, combined with the evidence camera system makes these segments just... tedious to do. More a chore than a fun mini-game.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Oooh, a date, a date! :edgey: A date with justice.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 1 of 2 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes