Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Court-Records is looking for researchers!Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Do you have a knack for tracking down details? Do you want to get a better handle on all the various AA games, merch, manga, etc. that's been released over the years? Are you up for seeking out interviews, articles, and reviews about the series in English or Japanese? We could use your help!

As Court-Records moves into its next stage, one of the areas we're looking to bolster is our coverage of non-game AA stuff, be that merchandise, spinoff media, or even news articles or interviews about the games. To that end, we need some help: people who can track down information about AA in its myriad forms, not just core information about the games. This (along with a bevy of other work!) is going to help us convert the site's current ad-hoc, based-off-a-2006-model-for-fansites form into something where you can actually find information about the games without having to spin a roulette wheel.

Now, that's a pretty wide ask, so to be clear: we wouldn't be asking people to go and collect the entirety of the history of Ace Attorney on their own. Instead we'd like people to find an area they can work in well; if you're a comics/manga buff, you're probably a good choice to enumerate/track down the chapters and ISBNs of the various AA mangas from over the years, while if you speak Japanese and have interest in interviews and the like, you're probably going to be better at pulling up Famitsu catalogs to look for coverage there.

If this sounds like an area you're interested in, drop us a line at courtrecord (at) gmail (dot) com. (And like every time we post that address - just courtrecord, no 's' at the end!) And if you have any questions, leave them in the topic!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Court-Records is looking for researchers!Topic%20Title

Well, I guess I could provide episode guides for the anime.

:think: :shellydekiller:

If someone could suggest how to translate scans (cuz I know 50% (haven't exactly figured out Kanji)Japanese), I would greatly appreciate it.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. A prosecutor is one who seeks the conviction of a defendant. But I don't think that's all we are....[marquee[img src="AAI_Miles_Edgeworth_Full_Running_West_1.gif] Chasing da truth on a daily basis!][/marquee]

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I'm in.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Art Person

I'll definitely help out! I tried helping with manga character descriptions years ago (PM'ed Wooster with them from the 1st chapter of the AA manga) but no luck then. Maybe now I can re-visit them and get some character bios/profile images prepared!

Programmer

That's more of a copywriting thing. But hey, we need help with that too.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Art Person

henke37 wrote:
That's more of a copywriting thing. But hey, we need help with that too.

I'd have applied for that if I knew HTML, but I don't (I guess it's never too late to learn though :ron: ). Not sure how much is needed, but I could still prepare all the info (bios, profile images etc.) and send them to someone who could format it?

Programmer

You will be more than good enough if you take one of those one hour classes. Leave all the fancy stuff to me and our designer Cyreb.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I did a lot of mild research on continuity a couple years back for fun, specifically in regards to where the manga could "fit" into official dates and chronology and what characters were where and how many times they'd met. But that's really specific and manga-focused so I'm not sure if that would be worth exploring more to you guys.

If someone was to apply and be accepted, how would the process work? Would someone be given an individual task like "go find the ISBNs of all the US Manga" and be let loose, or would it be more of a spreadsheet-type situation where those who knew certain info but not others (for instance, some ISBNs of the manga but not all) could contribute their info and then someone would combine it/edit it into a full resource to be used on court-records?

I'm interested in assisting with this as I enjoy this stuff a lot but I'd like to know more about the process if possible in order to see if I have room for the time commitment in order to do a good job. Thanks!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes