Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 49 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice Launch Day; DLC cases likelyTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Three years ago, the Ace Attorney series made its return after too many years absent or Japanese-only. Dual Destinies brought Phoenix back into the courtroom, had Apollo face up to his most personal challenges yet, and introduced newcomer Athena Cykes as the "courtroom revolutionnaire".

Today, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice releases in America, Europe, and Australia, bringing a whole new kind of courtroom revolution with it. As the members of the Wright Anything Agency, you'll take on cases both at home and abroad, face trials that bring in everything from out-of-control emotions to channeled spirits, and maybe even meet a certain spirit medium again after nearly a decade (give or take crossovers).

A lot can change in three years, but one thing you can count on is Court-Records being open for Ace Attorney business. The Kingdom of Khura'in subforum has been chatting about AA6 since it released in Japan in June, and won't be slowing down any time soon. Character profiles and graphics rips will be coming soon™ to the main site, and who knows? We may even have an AA6-themed contest in the pipeline...

But to touch on change one last time: a lot can change in three years, and a lot can not, as the front page and forum layout is proof of. So once again we'd like to remind everyone that Court-Records has a redesign currently in open beta for both the main site and the forums. Please, check it out, give feedback, and if you're feeling really adventurous, try to break it!

Onwards and upwards to Spirit of Justice! And for those of you who want a quick refresher on the basics of the game, read on to the next post...

(Update: Since the below recap post kind of buried the lede, I'll repeat it up here: peeking at the English demo files reveals references to "Turnabout Time Traveller", "Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney", and "Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney". So odds are good that both the full DLC case and the two non-canon mini-cases are coming over!)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice Launch DayTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

One year has passed since Athena Cykes joined the Wright Anything Agency and the team took on a yokai, an orca, an academy, a bombing, another bombing, and a spy. When Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright hears from his old friend Maya Fey during her training in the mystical country of Khura'in, he sets off to visit her and leaves the agency in third-year attorney Apollo Justice's hands. But Phoenix soon finds Khura'in's legal system to be broken to the core, and Apollo finds himself facing a few too many old ghosts as he tries to protect those closest to him...

Availability

Spirit of Justice will be available exclusively on the Nintendo eShop on September 8th at the standard update time for each region. The game will cost $29.99/£24.99/€29.99.

Gameplay

Spirit of Justice keeps the same gameplay as Dual Destinies: you'll collect evidence in the investigation phase and battle it out in court in the trial phase. DD's bevy of features return, including Psyche-Locks, Perceive, the Mood Matrix, and Revisualization; meanwhile, fingerprint dusting returns from Apollo Justice. New to the series is the Divination Seancés of the Khura'inese trials: here, Rayfa channels the victim and shows their final moments (from their perspective) to the court. You'll need to determine the contradiction between what the victim experienced and Rayfa's interpretation of events to make progress. In addition, free investigation (like the DS games) returns.

Characters

PHOENIX WRIGHT - The original Ace Attorney, and one of the two main protagonists of the game. Phoenix is as mature as he's ever been, and not even the laws of Khura'in and its Medium Trials can keep him from defending his clients with his all.

APOLLO JUSTICE - Apollo's had his share of ups and downs since starting his legal career two years ago, but with Phoenix abroad he rises to the challenge of looking over the agency with gusto - even if it means facing the familiar.

ATHENA CYKES - The junior member of the Wright Anything Agency, now in her second year as an attorney. Athena may not be as experienced as Phoenix or Apollo, but what she lacks in courtroom appearances she makes up for with determination and her analytical psychology skills.

MAYA FEY - Phoenix's old friend and partner has spent the past few years training in Khura'in in preparation for becoming the master of her hometown, Kurain Village. But with victory in sight, Maya finds herself trapped once again by circumstances beyond her control.

EMA SKYE - The forensics-obsessed detective of Apollo's early career has finally acheived her dream - she's a full-fledged forensic investigator now, no ifs, ands, or buts. Her work soon leads her to partner up with prosecutor Nahyuta Sahdmadhi, but when a friend is arrested, Ema isn't afraid to stand up for her.

TRUCY WRIGHT - Phoenix's adopted daughter and Apollo's old partner is as top-rate as a magician as they come. With a TV debut just around the corner, Trucy is ready to reclaim the Gramarye mantle and bring new glory to her family's troupe - but a death during the show soon threatens to crush her dreams for good.

RAYFA PADMA KHURA'IN - The princess of Khura'in, who has the power to channel spirits and show a victim's last moments to the court. For years she's been the only arbiter of innocence or guilt, but when Phoenix takes a stand against her, Rayfa begins to realize that her powers may not be as absolute as she believed.

NAHYUTA SAHDMADHI - An international prosecutor and Khura'inese monk, who soon crosses swords with both Phoenix and Apollo. His own past seems shrouded in mystery, but...

Cases

The Foreign Turnabout - Whilst traveling abroad in the mystical country of Khura'in, Phoenix finds himself caught up in yet another murder when his tour guide is arrested. And with attorneys outlawed here, he'll have to turnabout the entire court system to help his client.

The Magical Turnabout - The Ace Attorney Assistant Curse finally hits Trucy when a fatal 'accident' during rehearsal claims the life of a fellow magician - and she's held responsible. With Phoenix abroad, Apollo and Athena leap to Trucy's defense, and get their own taste of Khura'in when international prosecutor Nayuta Sadmadhi takes the case.

The Rite of Turnabout - Phoenix and Maya's reunion in Khura'in proves short-lived after a priest helping her complete her training is found dead in the middle of the ritual. Phoenix takes up Maya's defense once again, as Nayuta returns and the rumblings of revolution begin to grip the country.

Spoiler: Cases 4 and 5
Turnabout Storyteller - With Phoenix abroad and Apollo off assisting Trucy's show, Athena's on her own when the agency is called in to handle a case involving a family of entertainers. Well, give or take a certain prosecutor's help...

Turnabout Revolution - Apollo travels to Kurain Village at the request of a face from his past, only to be drawn into yet another case and the most unexpected of showdowns in court. Apollo, Phoenix, and the AA6 crew come together for this globe-spanning, revolutionary finale.

Turnabout Time Traveller - DLC episode set after the main game. Larry's all too happy to introduce Phoenix to his fiancée, but there's just three problems: one, she's not getting married to him, two, she's a murder suspect, and three, she says she can travel through time! Phoenix and Maya take the case to give the bride and groom - and maybe even Larry - a happy ending.

Trailers

Anime Prologue
Announcement Trailer
Maya Trailer
Character Abilities Trailer
Launch Trailer (JP with subs)

Downloadable Content

Besides a costume set available free for the first week, none of the Japanese DLC has been officially announced for English release. However, peeking at the English demo files reveals references to "Turnabout Time Traveller", "Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney", and "Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney". So odds are good that both the full DLC case and the two non-canon mini-cases are coming over!

Update: The DLC will be released weekly.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

So relieved to learn that DLC cases are so likely to be localized!

Wotter boy

yay localised DLC!
(by the by, are the Case 3, 4 and 5 names confirmed, or just placeholders for now?)

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I laughed at "Asinine Attorney". Calling it now, Rayfa's going to call Klavier "Drill Head".
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'm thrilled to hear that the DLC seems to be coming over.

So excited! Hard to believe it was a year ago that this thing was announced. It feels like it could have been yesterday, but I guess that's life. Now the only question is how fast I end up beating it. On one hand I don't want it to be over too soon, but on the other hand I was so concerned with that with DD that I kind of rationed it out and made it last too long. So maybe I should just do what I want to in the moment!

Looking forward to talking about it with everyone when we're all done with it.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Wotter boy

the first thing I'm doing next Thursday when I get my money is buying this game lel
Re: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice Launch Day; DLC cases liTopic%20Title

So from what I've read the general consensus is that eShop games generally show up around 9AM PST. Is that correct here? I don't remember what the situation was with DD.

Another question, if anyone knows. I seem to remember reading an article that SoJ 3DS Themes were being localized as well. Anyone know if those come with the game or if they have to be purchased separately?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Knight of the Court

WhyisntitupontheeshopyetWhyisntitupontheeshopyetWhyisntitupontheeshopyetWhyisntitupontheeshopyetWhyisntitupontheeshopyet....

I've never refreshed the e shop this much before...

If it's 9 American am, that's bad for me, since that'll be far too late my time. (I'm getting it on my US 3DS) Normally games go up at mightnight, this is the first time where one hasn't...

EDIT: It's not on the Australian E Shop either and it's currently 5:30 pm here. Either there's something wrong with my internet, or there's been a worldwide delay.
Something something please localize DGS.

Last edited by BigKlingy on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigKlingy wrote:
WhyisntitupontheeshopyetWhyisntitupontheeshopyetWhyisntitupontheeshopyetWhyisntitupontheeshopyetWhyisntitupontheeshopyet....

I've never refreshed the e shop this much before...

If it's 9 American am, that's bad for me, since that'll be far too late my time. (I'm getting it on my US 3DS) Normally games go up at mightnight, this is the first time where one hasn't...

I've heard that often games made or published by Nintendo are released at midnight; could you be thinking of that, or are there games by other publishers (capcom, etc.) that release at midnight your time? I'm just repeating what I've heard, but I've heard it from multiple sources so I figured it was accurate. It's 11:28PM on 9/7 on the West Coast of the US, so I'm not expecting it for at least a few more hours. I'll go investigate in the DD release topic to see when that showed up.

EDIT: Yeah, from what I can tell the US release of DD was at 9AM. However, it looked like Australia and some other places got it a couple hours early, so you might still get it earlier.

Art Person

From what I've gathered the game will be released at 11PM for us Australians (so about 6 hours and 12 minutes from this post).

Knight of the Court

SuperAj3 wrote:
From what I've gathered the game will be released at 11PM for us Australians (so about 6 hours and 12 minutes from this post).

That explains why it's not on the Australian E-Shop for me, good to know.

And yes, all the midnight releases I've got were Nintendo 1st party games, if DD was 9 am then this'll probably be too. (I wish I'd known this sooner, they I could've actually slept last night)
Something something please localize DGS.

Gettin' Old!

Whens the UK shop update?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:

Usually 2:00 PM

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

The Law 'Shark'

Slammer wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Usually 2:00 PM

Two hours from now...welp, Guess I should play some OLD ace attorney before I go ace attorney on NEW Ace attorney. :gant:
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Seasoned Animator

Game is out now in the UK at time of this post.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

The Law 'Shark'

Game is now downloading on my 3DS because I WANT! xD

Seasoned Animator

I anyone wants to watch a livestream, ZSlyzer is doing one now on YouTube.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Nerd Processor

Sebastian Stark wrote:

Has it got the mini cases with it or not? Or any sign of the DLC case? ( I know these could come later, I just want to know whether it's a must buy this week or what...)
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

The Law 'Shark'

Nerdowl wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

Has it got the mini cases with it or not? Or any sign of the DLC case? ( I know these could come later, I just want to know whether it's a must buy this week or what...)

Not in the description, Nope, but still downloading - and if this is anything like how DD worked, you're going to have to buy those seperately...the only Free DLC is likely to be the costumes. {For this week}

Last edited by Sebastian Stark on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art Person

My copy is slowly downloading... my internet is awful...

Ready for action!

Game just finished downloading for me, but won't be able to play it until tomorrow because I'm way too tired for a game like AA right now. lol Hopefully people don't get too far ahead.

Nerd Processor

Sebastian Stark wrote:
Nerdowl wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

Not in the description, Nope, but still downloading - and if this is anything like how DD worked, you're going to have to buy those seperately...the only Free DLC is likely to be the costumes. {For this week}

I wouldn't mind that but the mini cases in Japan were only available for people who purchased in the first week. (It is incredibly rare, if ever, I pay full price for a game... but if I have to buy it within the first week I may as well do it right now).

Took about half an hour to download for me :O

Only DLC available is the costumes. Can't see any sign of bonus cases

Sig made by the talented Trabztress, thank you!

ZAWA ZAWA

Would anyone care to tell me how many blocks this takes up? The only things I have downloaded is Dual Destinies and its demo so I'm certain I have enough space but I'd like to know regardless.

I think it was about 6800 and an extra 50 for the costumes

Sig made by the talented Trabztress, thank you!

Nerd Processor

Oh screw it. I've been looking forward to this for months. *buys*

Beauty and grace.

Bolt Storm wrote:
(Update: Since the below recap post kind of buried the lede, I'll repeat it up here: peeking at the English demo files reveals references to "Turnabout Time Traveller", "Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney", and "Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney". So odds are good that both the full DLC case and the two non-canon mini-cases are coming over!)

YEEEEEEES I'm sorry I doubted you Capcom.

Programmer

SuperAj3 wrote:

I bet that the 3ds wifi hardware is worse.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Nerd Processor

henke37 wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

I bet that the 3ds wifi hardware is worse.

Hey, at least the 3DS can do WPA and you're not stuck with the insecure WEP like the original DSLite... but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

The Trial to the Truth begins

It has begun.
Avatar made by Purple Angel and Signature done by Vicki-chan. ^^
I thank them both so much! The Trial to the Truth has begun.
Dual Destinies Playthrough: Here

The miracle never happen

Well damn, I still have to wait another hour before it becomes available on the west coast :sadshoe:
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

It seems in Europe the extra episodes will come out in a weekly basis.

9/15 - Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney
9/22 - Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney
9/29 - Turnabout Time Traveler

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-w ... the-month/

Oh, here's there launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLoJt8V2rEI

Canada Eshop, please update quickly!! T.T
Feel free to reply.
Or not.
Thanks though!

Nerd Processor

WarChild wrote:
It seems in Europe the extra episodes will come out in a weekly basis.

9/15 - Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney
9/22 - Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney
9/29 - Turnabout Time Traveler

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-w ... the-month/

That link has the prices in dollars as well. So seems the cases and 3DS themes are going to be released every Thursday no matter where you are.

Blah!

WarChild wrote:
Oh, here's there launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLoJt8V2rEI

Whoops, left some Japanese in at 1:20 in the lower right. Unless that's intentional? Hard to tell when the name is covered up.

The cape is self-fluttering

Finally downloading!
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Surf's Up!

The file size of this game is so big, I actually had to go out and get a bigger SD card just to download this game...

Gettin' Old!

NinjaMonkey wrote:
The file size of this game is so big, I actually had to go out and get a bigger SD card just to download this game...

I think I stuck some stupidly big SD card in my 3DS a while ago (I've got several monster hunter games on it and more) that I got for DD. It's a little over 6000 blocks which in my experience is quite normal.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Beauty and grace.

Kinda annoyed that we have to pay for DLC that was essentially free in Japan, but at least we get them. The mini-cases should be much cheaper imo though, $2.49 at most.
Page 1 of 2 [ 49 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes