Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

Ace Attorney 15th Anniversary Event SummaryTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, there may not have been a ton of game announcements at last night's 15th anniversary special court event, but we can at least run down what was there, eh?

(The below is compiled from reports by @hoso_boso, Dengeki, and elsewhere.)

The show itself

The afternoon show started at 1 PM Tokyo time, with an evening show later that day. Before things got underway, visitors had the chance to check out (and purchase) all sorts of memorabilia and merchandise, which we'll get to below.

The meat of the show was a series of "talk corners" dedicated to AA1-3, AA4-6, Investigations, and DGS. Directors Takumi and Yamazaki, producer Eshiro, and the main cast of AA6/DGS/the AAI stage play were present. Live skits were performed, jokes were made, "Guitar's Serendade"s were briefly sung, and a merry time was had by all.

Once the talk corners were through, the voice cast divided into AA, AAI, and DGS teams for a live quiz show, with games like captioning scenes from the series or trying to draw the judge. Team AAI won and will be drawn by series artist Tatsuro Iwamoto as their prize (the portraits are due to be put up sometime in the coming days.)

Once the cast performances were done, Noriyuki Iwadare took the stage with his Justice Super Band to perform a few AA songs live. ("Don't worry," he said, "Detective Fulbright is one of my favorite characters.")

Announcements

Several non-game-related announcements were made, although most of them are limited to Japan:

• The AAI stage play, Turnabout Teleportation, will likely get another performance run, though nothing is set in stone yet.
  • The Ace Attorney Encyclopedia 2001-2016 will be released 3/21. At 336 pages, it will cover every case in the series (so watch out for spoilers!)
  • A number of AA-related Japanese collaborations were announced, such as AA costumes and weapons in Monster Hunter Explore until February 1st.
  • A 15th anniversary concert will be held May 6th. This won't be a repeat of past performances, but rather a new setlist including music from AA5 and beyond.

Merchandise (where the real money from the movieseries is made)

There was a whole bunch of AA-related goodies on display and available for purchase at the event. We're actually going to defer to hoso_boso's writeup here, as he covers most of the items available for purchase.

One thing of note: Ace Attorney luggage is now available for pre-order at e-Capcom. Yes, you read that right.

That said, there were three other small things announced that attendees couldn't actually purchase yet: Ace Attorney wine and sake, an Apollo Justice plushie, and (pictured above) the judge's gavel!

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2

DGS2 made an appearance in two ways at the show: first, Takumi showed off a brief gameplay clip featuring Ryuunosuke, Holmes, and Iris. It seems that since the events of DGS1-5, Ryuunosuke has been barred from standing in court, but all involved were careful to avoid divulging much in the way of story details. Voice recording for the game is still in progress, with Ryuunosuke's VA Hiro Shimono being the only one finished.

Second, a new trailer for DGS2 was shown to wrap things up, confirming the game as a 3DS release (not Switch) and featuring Ryuunosuke and Holmes deducing the meaning of the game's logo. At the very end, a mysterious silhouette made an appearance, and the crowd went wild... The trailer is planned to go public along with the game's official site later today.

In closing... it may not have been quite such a great show for those of us hoping for game news (or announcements relevant to the West in general), but it sounds like it was a great experience for everyone who got to attend. Here's to 15 years of Ace Attorney!

[The Court-Records Original Character Contest is taking entries until the 29th!]
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 15th Anniversary Event SummaryTopic%20Title

The cape is self-fluttering

I need new luggage.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Beautiful flower

*Logging in after years away* HECK YEAH!!! DGS2 NEWS BABY!! :gant: :basil:

Bolt Storm wrote:
It seems that since the events of DGS1-5, Ryuunosuke has been barred from standing in court, but all involved were careful to avoid divulging much in the way of story details. Voice recording for the game is still in progress, with Ryuunosuke's VA Hiro Shimono being the only one finished.

Second, a new trailer for DGS2 was shown to wrap things up, confirming the game as a 3DS release (not Switch) and featuring Ryuunosuke and Holmes deducing the meaning of the game's logo. At the very end, a mysterious silhouette made an appearance, and the crowd went wild... The trailer is planned to go public along with the game's official site later today.

Wait whaat? Ryuun is barred from court?? Then how would he defend... does he go back to Japan? It seems kinda likely since the
Spoiler: DGS1 MAJOR spoilers
mysterious figure is wearing Japanese-style clothes like Ryuun and Asougi, and the background is Japanese court...

On one hand I'm happy because this means Ryuun and Susato will be reunited! On the other hand, if the setting is Japan I wonder how Sherlock and Iris will appear. Maybe they'll follow those two to Japan? (because there's a mystery to solve/sightseeinglol?) What about Barok? Will we get to see him again or get a new Japanese prosecutor? I hope he appears in some way, I still want to know his past...

I'm honestly only looking forward to DGS2 info (damn Japanese-exclusive event... and i have no money for merchs i'm poor lol) but the the event looks pretty cool!

Can't wait until 26th to see what will be revealed! :will:
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Happy Maria

That's great. Can't wait to see the new trailer later today!

It's also great to see the new crew together with the old crew just having fun

Bracelets of Steel

15th anniversary concert featuring music from AA5 and beyond? Great!

We're finally getting official orchestra tracks for these games.......

(Still hoping they'll drop a clean version of the AA6 trailer theme at some point)

Venkyra21 wrote:
15th anniversary concert featuring music from AA5 and beyond? Great!

We're finally getting official orchestra tracks for these games.......

(Still hoping they'll drop a clean version of the AA6 trailer theme at some point)

What trailer you mean? all i remember is that they used the Phoenix Wright Objection theme and Pursuit theme for the most trailers

Athena Internet Defense Force

What's that encyclopedia? That sounds like something I might want to invest in.

Happy Maria

Seems like some sort of summary on every case in the series or something,which looks cool.

Missile

The encyclopedia features a synopsis of every case from every game, including spin offs, but NOT vs Layton (licensing issues?)
I would have really liked a synopsis of vs Layton because that game's plot was all over the place (in a good, but bad...well I'm just confused kinda way) The encyclopedia will be done in order of case timelines, and will also feature production secrets from Shu Takumi.

The judges hammer isn't for sale, you can win it from a game machine at a Capcom Plaza arcade. I'm guessing something like a crane game?
I totally would have bought one.

Well, I'm looking forward to DGS2 the most. Takumi's games always have the best atmosphere, and the most originality in the series. (GS5 was meh, and I got bored half-way through case 2 on GS 6. Maybe I should give it another chance?)

Is there any chance someone uploads the gameplay?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Bracelets of Steel

MH MD wrote:
What trailer you mean? all i remember is that they used the Phoenix Wright Objection theme and Pursuit theme for the most trailers

The one used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLoJt8V2rEI

It's SoJ's version of the "Last Promotion".

Also, the tracklist for the 15th anniversary orchestra concert is here: http://www.promax.co.jp/gyakuten/

It features the Objection theme, an AAI medley, a DGS medley, and Godot's or Maya's theme depending on which show it is.

Happy Maria

I think Level 5 have the rights to VS?

And do give GS6 a chance.

迷探偵

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
I think Level 5 have the rights to VS?

Publication rights. The game itself is owned by both companies obviously (hence the copyright (C)2012 LEVEL-5 Inc. (C) CAPCOM., LTD. 2012)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Got his Psychology degree in Borginia

I was super disappointed to find they don't offer luggage in the garish style of the suitcase from AAI 1-2. I totally would have bought that (no joke!)

Happy Maria

You're wishing too small. I wish there was a life size statue of the Alif Red that I could take home with me only to find out it was the Alif Orange. That would've been cool (but impossible in every way)

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

More orchestra concerts is always good news.

Also if anyone can get hold of that live Iwadare performance I'd love them forever.

*vanishes*
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes