Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 - new trailer, official site openTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIt7WEPUDc

http://www.capcom.co.jp/dai-gyakuten2/

The DGS2 official site is open, and it's brought with it a brand new trailer! Subs are available on the CC track.

The site is planned to next update on January 26th, Japan time.

[The Court-Records Original Character Contest is taking entries until the 29th!]
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 - new trailer, official site openTopic%20Title

hiya

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype! :basil: .......and literally all it took was the music and a silhouette :ron:

And huh they're keeping the old objection theme and adding a new one, im down

Programmer

What I noticed was that there was a scene in a room that the previous game should be finished with.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Two things I noticed.
Spoiler:
Is it just me or are the guilty/not guilty scales looking different? Also, am I the only one thinking the silhouette is a young Barok? You can see the similar hair to his. Maybe there will be a flashback case to him prosecuting in Japan? Or even defending, since he has the English sash?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Two things I noticed.
Spoiler:
Is it just me or are the guilty/not guilty scales looking different? Also, am I the only one thinking the silhouette is a young Barok? You can see the similar hair to his. Maybe there will be a flashback case to him prosecuting in Japan? Or even defending, since he has the English sash?

Spoiler:
I dunno where you see an English sash, since the armband on his right arm is the signature of a Japanese defense attorney.

Spoiler: DGS
While I do await an eventual plot twist that reveals Asougi is still alive "somehow", I don't think the one being shown there is him after DGS-2. Perhaps it's a younger version of him. It could be an episode that can finally tell us what's going on between him and Susato. Which probably means that Auchi is going to return. Huzzah.

But I wonder... that hairstyle actually reminds me of Mitsurugi in a way.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Enigma

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, am I the only one thinking the silhouette is a young Barok? You can see the similar hair to his. Maybe there will be a flashback case to him prosecuting in Japan? Or even defending, since he has the English sash?

Spoiler:
I'm also skeptical whether or not the silhouette is Asougi. Unless he grew his hair within the time frame. I noticed that he seems to be carrying a sword. Oh well, more mysteries for the game!

I can't read Japanese, but...

What's this about 1-26? It's probably nothing, is it?
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Yes, it's absolutely nothing. :3
Totally not when the site updates.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Didn't someone say that's when the site updates?
Edit: Beaten to it. :sadshoe:

Also,
Spoiler:
I'm not seeing the sword you're talking about. Where is it?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Last edited by Apollo4Justice on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apologize to the Funyarinpa!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Two things I noticed.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
You know, that's one of the possibilities that came to mind when I compared the silhouette with the hairstyles of the DGS characters on CR's character page. Some Japanese fans think it's Asougi, but the armband is on the wrong arm (Asougi's is on the left, mystery person and Ryu wear theirs on the right)... The hair also reminds me of Gina's bang, but not as curly; the inside of the cape is indigo.

I feel like Barok has a connection to Yuujin Mikotoba (Susato's dad); perhaps his passing is related to Barok's curse. I think Yuujin had a sudden fever toward the end of DGS-5, and Sherlock mentions that some defendants have passed away from mysterious diseases. Maybe Yuujin is the Japanese traitor Van Zieks was talking about; what if the two had a great friendship until Mikotoba gets accused of murder? Van Zieks prosecutes his friend to try and find out the truth, and the evidence points to the fact that his suspicions are true. But maybe Yuujin "cheated" somehow and got off the hook. Even if that theory's not true, I feel like Yuujin has a good reason for urging Naruhodou to go to Great Britain instead of Asougi...

But I'm really happy about the new trailer and I can't wait for the website update!

Last edited by Maorizon on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wotter boy

I saw this and I was literally screaming I want it but I can't have it

Bramimond wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, am I the only one thinking the silhouette is a young Barok? You can see the similar hair to his. Maybe there will be a flashback case to him prosecuting in Japan? Or even defending, since he has the English sash?

Spoiler:
I'm also skeptical whether or not the silhouette is Asougi. Unless he grew his hair within the time frame. I noticed that he seems to be carrying a sword. Oh well, more mysteries for the game!

Spoiler:
A sword? Where do you see that?

Wait, wait, wait! What if
Spoiler:
Barok was originally a defense attorney and defended him in Japan, rather than prosecuting (since I'm fairly certain the armband is what a defense attorney wears) but something goes wrong, so wrong that Barok becomes a prosecutor?

I also wonder how Ryu
Spoiler:
gets back in the courtroom when so many people are saying he's barred from it.

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Wait, wait, wait! What if
Spoiler:
Barok was originally a defense attorney and defended him in Japan, rather than prosecuting (since I'm fairly certain the armband is what a defense attorney wears) but something goes wrong, so wrong that Barok becomes a prosecutor?

Spoiler:
That'd be a pretty cool Edgeworth parallel! Now my head is swarming with theories, and I can't wait to find out more... Also, something tells me Barok will have something to do with getting Naruhodou back in court.

Last edited by Maorizon on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Enigma

Ah, okay. Just site maintenance then XP

Spoiler:

Looked like a sword to me.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Looks more like the outside lining of the cape, to be honest.

The Enigma

True. I honestly can't tell with the shading and the position

Bramimond wrote:
Ah, okay. Just site maintenance then XP

Spoiler:

Looked like a sword to me.

Huh, I thought that was just an undershirt, like how there's a lighter sleeve visible inside of the darker uniform sleeve.

His fly is open.

Goodness, I am getting apprehensive about making parallels to the present-day cast. Surely, Takumi and co. aren't going to be retreading things that have long been retreaded?

Spoiler: trailer
Flashback case in Japan seems to be just about confirmed, though.

The only thing that bothers me is
Spoiler:
is the hat, which we've only seen Ryu and Asougi wear (which I presume is a fashion trend in Japan then), but Barok doesn't seem like the type to wear something like that. All I can think of is either the less cool one, where his "friend" got him to wear it, or the even cooler one, which is that Barok actually originated from Japan, and is essentially Japanese, and fled to England after something happened.

And from the way the cape is seemingly arranged, I think it's probably, most likely, just part of the cape. The indigo is a bit of a clear clue, though.

And the only sleeve we see in the image from the undershirt doesn't match the color, as well

But we could just as easily throw all of that away and say that
Spoiler:
he/she is the final prosecutor and the final case is in Japan. Or Capcom is just screwing with us and this is Payne's redesign. :godot:

Spoiler:
While we're on the subject of young Barok, I remember seeing this on Kazuya Nuri's twitter a while ago. Looks a lot like a younger him, but I can't read the Japanese tweet.

I think that's more Holmes in his casual outfit. There's something with the eyes and mouth. that only he has.

But our faithful Rubia can help translate for us and hopefully get a clue that way, right? :redd:

I used an online site and got this.
Spoiler:
It is the tris tongue. Tonight it becomes cold… the mu!? 'Large reversal judgment - the official field book of paintings' the book which becomes is in the midst of selling when!? If our you do not deliver this mainly, will not become…If it does not hurry!

It tells me nothing. :sadshoe:

The Enigma

Spoiler:
Maybe it's Hosonaga in disguise. And there's my crack theory for the day.

Anyway, I checked the artbook but I couldn't find that particular design. Maybe it didn't make the cut and it's a Nuri-exclusive. Or I didn't look hard enough.

Last edited by Bramimond on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hmmm, your comparison with Holmes makes me think of the 15th anniversary DGS print where Barok had a gear symbol that closely resembled Holmes'. Are the two connected somehow?

Google gives me this cryptic translation: It Tristan. Tonight ... No Do not cool!?!? - That's in the "large reverse court official original picture collection" is the book will be released this is if Ne Mai ... hurry made if Ne delivered to my Lord!
Sounds like the post is promoting the sale of the DGS artbook, but I'm not sure what else. :ron: (I didn't see it in my artbook, either...)

Last edited by Maorizon on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can you put a link to the picture itself? I didn't pay too much attention to the DGS news then.

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Can you put a link to the picture itself? I didn't pay too much attention to the DGS news then.

Spoiler:

No, no, the gear one with Barok you mentioned. Or were you just referring to the huge picture drawn with the other four anniversary ones?

Yep, I'm referring to the huge anniversary print released with the other three.

Looking at it now, it seems like it's just there for the background, fitting in with the style DGS had in the trailers. But I do see how there could be a possible connection.

It seems like
Spoiler: DGS-4
the Garidebs, or at least their flat, will be involved somehow as well. Wonder what that's about. Maybe one of them was killed? And it turns out the wife lost it again and actually killed him with the knife this time?

Go home, everyone. I've figured it out. The silhouette is obviously the judge during his younger days as a DA.

Maorizon wrote:
Spoiler:
While we're on the subject of young Barok, I remember seeing this on Kazuya Nuri's twitter a while ago. Looks a lot like a younger him, but I can't read the Japanese tweet.

"Tristan here. It sure is cold tonight... Hm!? The "Dai Gyakuten Saiban - Official Concept Art Book" is now on sale!? I have to deliver this to the boss... asap!"

So, yes, it is included in the DGS artbook.

Spoiler:

Also, thanks for the translation, Rubia! I'll take another look in my artbook.

That also reminds me about those two men who served literally no purpose in DGS. I'll scour over the trailer again, see if anyone missed anything. Maybe there's a hint in there somewhere about one of them.

Update: You know, I can't help but feel like that snake thing was on purpose. Maybe
Spoiler: DGS-2
Stroganov and his snake will play a role in the game somehow?

Update 2: No strange men in there. But I do have to wonder what exactly's happening in that one Holmes shot. :basil:

Apollo4Justice wrote:
The only thing that bothers me is
Spoiler:
is the hat, which we've only seen Ryu and Asougi wear (which I presume is a fashion trend in Japan then), but Barok doesn't seem like the type to wear something like that. All I can think of is either the less cool one, where his "friend" got him to wear it, or the even cooler one, which is that Barok actually originated from Japan, and is essentially Japanese, and fled to England after something happened.

Barok is British, not Japanese. The way he talks about the "Orientals" in DGS makes that very clear.

I might be getting your example wrong but
Spoiler:
if he despised the Japanese because of something happening, wouldn't it make sense for him to distance himself from his origins and people, assuming he really is Japanese? Or are you talking about something else entirely with your example?

Happy Maria

I love Sherlock's amazing lampshading at the end and the fact he doesn't know a goddamn thing about the title. As for the silhouette...
I think it may be another student in Japan who knew Asougi and became a prosecutor to get revenge on Ryuunosuke.

The screenshots are certainly vague,though. But I like the remix of Objection 2015.

I just noticed what Rydia said earlier and I'm pretty sure the armband is the signature of someone authorized to defend in English court and the badge is for Japan (since Ryu can only examine the badge in the first case and no armband is in the Court Record until later in the game.)

Apollo4Justice wrote:
I just noticed what Rydia said earlier and I'm pretty sure the armband is the signature of someone authorized to defend in English court and the badge is for Japan (since Ryu can only examine the badge in the first case and no armband is in the Court Record until later in the game.)

That badge is a school ID. He didn't get the armband until he officially accepted being a lawyer by the end of the 2nd case.

Honestly, I can see why Ryunosuke
Spoiler: details & a little DGS
is barred from court. It may have something to do with how he took Asougi's place.

And then Sherlock and Iris can take turns making crumpets while they wait on Ryunosuke to solve his problems himself. (well, Holmes might try something else...)

The Enigma

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
While I do await an eventual plot twist that reveals Asougi is still alive "somehow", I don't think the one being shown there is him after DGS-2. Perhaps it's a younger version of him. It could be an episode that can finally tell us what's going on between him and Susato. Which probably means that Auchi is going to return. Huzzah.

Spoiler:
"Finally tells us what's going on between them." Okay, I'm interested. So was the game implying that they were something more than just defense attorney and legal assistant? :3 I didn't catch many hints though.

Spoiler:
Susato was pretty pissed at Naruhodou for "murdering" Asougi at the beginning of case 2, I think. But that could just be her strong sense of justice. I don't really remember if there were any other hints.

Well,
Spoiler:
I guess we could call her nearly coming to tears over Asougi's death while she was holding his sword in case 2's ending another hint. Though, that could just be a close attorney-assistant relationship, since Maya acted in a similar way when Phoenix was attacked by Regent.

Page 1 of 2 [ 47 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes