Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: DGS2 info: "Ryuutarou", returning characters, DLC, web dTopic%20Title

i am pretty sure that DGS1 had some silly bonus short cases too

Ace Fangirl

Here's a fun question. If the game's going to feature costumes for Naruhodou, Susato and Sherlock (as proven by the DLC), does that mean we'll get in-game unlockable costumes too? Because getting Susato's 'Ryuutaro' outfit and Sherlock's casual outfit would be neat. Those are technically in the game anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it so they'll work as costumes, right?

迷探偵

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Ash wrote:
1) Two Asinine Attorney shorts for early purchases (will not be made available for purchase later).

It seems weird to me that they would do that.

The prices of Ace Attornes games in Japan drop incredibly fast. You can often find them for half the original price or less after few months both used and new. So these kind of timed exclusives are to encourage people to buy the game at full retail price, rather than wait a few months for the lower price. They did the same with earlier games.

MH MD wrote:
i am pretty sure that DGS1 had some silly bonus short cases too

DGS did have some short skits/stories, similar to the one from Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, but the DGS2 ones are titled similar to the Asinine Atttorney skit from AA6, suggesting they'll be playable mini-cases, rather than just dialogue.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Meowzy wrote:
Here's a fun question. If the game's going to feature costumes for Naruhodou, Susato and Sherlock (as proven by the DLC), does that mean we'll get in-game unlockable costumes too? Because getting Susato's 'Ryuutaro' outfit and Sherlock's casual outfit would be neat. Those are technically in the game anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it so they'll work as costumes, right?

That seems a bit pointless as DLC, esp. that it'll be charged after the first two weeks. They're most likely costumes with unused concept designs like from DD or promotionals like in SoJ.

...unless I'm right about the swimsuit aesthetic in this game and they all just get swimwear or something.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Ace Fangirl

Oh, no no, I'm not saying they should be the DLC costumes. I'm saying they should be unlockable. A free reward for finishing the last case of the game, or something. And then DLC costumes (swimwear does sound cool) on top of that.

So, who wants a walkthrough for the demo and a detailed summary of what happens in it?

Spoiler: Walkthrough w/o spoilers
First question: "Who is the victim?"

> Auchi Taketsuchi
> Mikotoba Yuujin
-> Jezail Brett

Second question: "The victim also had another identity as:"

> Victim
> The Queen of England
-> Murderer

Ask Auchi to clarify:

-> Sea bathing
-> Only two people
-> Violent motive

* in any order

Cross-examination:

> Present Autopsy Report at last statement

Spoiler: Full summary w/ translator notes
The demo starts off with Susato reciting to a certain person's grave about Ryuunosuke in London. It's been just 2 months since she arrived home when a grave incident takes place and she's forced to go to court as a "defense attorney".

At the start of trial, Susato already struggles with recognizing the name she registered as. Yuujin has to beckon her to answer, though is concerned that she insists on keeping those shifty eyes.

When Auchi berates the defense's obvious and pathetic struggle, Haori gets defensive, but accidentally calls her by her real name. Auchi catches on and suspects her to be a "tomboy".

Before the tension in this court, Susato finally understands why Ryuunosuke seemed so nervous all the time.

The court moves on to discuss the case and the victim, who had been involved in a case 9 months ago. Yuujin notes that it's the same case when Ryuunosuke first stood in court.

When the judge prompts her to answer a few questions, she readies herself... only to realize another thing: her head has gone blank. And then she understands why Ryuunosuke... yada yada. Fortunately, her father wholly understands and offers to help. He directs her to the profiles in the Court Record.

Judge's first question: "Who is the victim?"

> Auchi Taketsuchi
> Mikotoba Yuujin
> Jezail Brett

Some snippets from the first option:

"They got mad at me..."
"Of course they would!"

"I'll check the Court Record and find the person who seems to be the most dead!"
"That's... a very unique way to put it."

Second:

"Could it be... that my child holds such a grudge against me?"
"Father... you look like you've grown much older all of a sudden."
"That's because of you!"

Moving on...

Upon mention of Jezail's name, the court goes quiet. It's a name that is well connected to this court. The judge then asks her to state the reason. It's also noted in the Court Record.

> Victim
> The Queen of England
> Murderer

From the first two:

Everyone gets mad at her. So does Susato. Her father advises her not to vent on him.

Moving on...

They further discuss the case from 9 months ago, when Professor John H. Watson was murdered. The judge asks Yuujin what connection he had to the professor, and the latter explains it was himself who had invited him to teach at Yuumei University. In the aftermath of that case, the defense managed to reveal Jezail's crime to which she confessed, but they ended the trial before her motive could be established. By the English Consulate Court's order, she would be put under trial at Shanghai in their jurisdiction. However, just the day before she was set to board a ship, she herself was killed.

From Auchi's opening statement:

- Incident took place 8/11, midday
- Scene of crime in a small beach shack at a popular beach
- Cause of death, blood loss & punctured lung from a stab from behind; death was immediate
- At the moment, there were two people in that shack: victim in her swimwear & the defendant
- claims that Haori had a "violent motive" to kill

Susato notes that there's something she'd like him to clarify:

> Sea bathing
> Only two people
> Violent motive

First option:

Susato asks what he means by "sea bathing", and he goes on to explain that it's a "new means of therapy popularized in the West" and how it can cure anything and blah blah blah... But Susato is more concerned about why she, as a known murderer, would be off by the sea.

He recalls a detail: it was by the victim's request that before she leave for Shanghai, she could stop by the beach one last time. The English consulate thus pressured the Japanese government to accept her request. Yuujin regretfully mentions how easily they kneel to foreign influence, even in the case with Jezail.

Auchi adds that they sent a detective to keep watch of her, but Susato notes it didn't work. While he whines and blames the victim, Yuujin notes this prosecutor too so easily kneels to pressure.

Second option:

Susato questions Haori further, though Haori again mistakes her name. (Susato somewhat regrets not registering her name as "Susato Ryuutarou".)

Haori claims she wasn't alone with the victim. She was among several, including the detective, and she went simply as an attendant.

Auchi asserts that she was alone with the victim in the shack, however, and that this would have been the only opportunity she could have had to kill Jezail before she would depart.

Third option:

Susato demands that the prosecution rephrase the "violent motive", but he scoffs at her demands. Nonetheless, he questions the defendant further. Haori confirms that she's working as a lab assistant under Yuujin for the university's medical studies department. He then asks before she transferred to his lab, where she worked. She hesitantly admits she worked for Mr. Watson.

Auchi presses her more and she admits that she held great respect for him. He then asks what she thought when she heard of the murder. And she admits she has a firm hatred of his killer. Susato is too late to stop her. Her motive is established as "revenge".

After checking all three, the trial moves on.

Yuujin notes that in the aftermath of that trial 9 months ago, Jezail did not go to prison and instead continued as a student at the university. Naturally, everyone held resentment toward her treatment.

Auchi then presents a photo of the crime. He notes that there are no places in the shack for someone else to hide. Furthermore, there were decisive witnesses to the crime; one of them being the detective in question.

Finally, the judge permits him to proceed. Auchi then proceeds to reminisce about the shame he received on that day nine months ago when a certain "cheeky" student put him through utter disgrace - by cutting his hair. And from that day on, he heard the sounds of a "new era" that marked the end of the old one (referring to the Tokugawa shogunate). Susato remarks that would be the start of the Meiji Revolution.

In any case, he's bode his time for revenge when one day, a miracle happened. A new "hope" sprouted forth from his forehead. (To which Susato only gets how trivial his intentions are.) And then Haori asks him what he means by "hope" since she doesn't see it.

In any case, he swears to defeat this kid who goes by the name "Naruhodou" and summons his witnesses. Yuujin jokes(?) that the stakes in this trial have risen, and Susato argues it's nowhere close to Haori's situation.

The witnesses arrive and introduce themselves: The ever composed Satoru Hosonaga and... Souseki Natsume with a reporter in tow. He flaunts his newfound fame before everyone, calling to attention his newest work, "Wagahai wa Neko dearu" ("I Am a Cat").

Susato is just surprised to see him here, though he takes her silence to mean she's mesmerized. Yuujin warns her to be careful not to expose herself. She runs with brief descriptions about the two from their past encounters. Then, Hosonaga thinks she's staring at his outfit and assures her it's part of the job and his creed for the "perfect" testimony.

The judge then asks why a writer had come to witness the incident. Souseki explains he was invited for a speech that day, at the grand lecture hall at Yuumei University. Afterward, he enjoyed a chat with a professor from the medical studies department, namely Mr. Mikotoba. They were discussing plans for a certain newspaper company.

Souseki proudly claims in all his uprightness and honesty, he's disclosed his works in the university newspaper and presents it to Susato.

After their conversation, Jezail had come to them in the lab and asks them to join her at the beach. Shortly, the police department was ordered to dispatch a detective, Hosonaga, to accompany her. They had the area cleared and officers put on standby.

Yuujin rejected the offer since he had business to attend to, but instead his assistant was called along in his place. Souseki meanwhile regrets having gone to have been witness to "that"; much, much regret.

Testimony:

Hosonaga had been standing on watch as per his duty. Souseki had been playing in the sand and with a crab when he hears a scream from behind. When Hosonaga swung open the door, he found those two inside. The girl had a knife in hand and plunged it into the English lady's back. Hosonaga saw blood on the knife, suggesting there's evidence that it was multiple stabbings.

Not only might they have seen the moment of the crime, Payne presents one more object: a fountain pen. Hosonaga claims it was the victim's means of identifying her killer. Also, as shown in the crime scene photo, she grasped it tightly in hand.

The judge takes a closer look at the pen and realizes the owner's initials are engraved on its rubber cap: "H.M." - Haori Murasame.

As Auchi gloats over his victory, Susato now feels intimidated. She's so shaken up that she almost forgets her assigned name when the judge calls her, though keeps to herself that there actually isn't any "Naruhodou" around here. But with her father's encouragement, she pulls herself together and presses on.

Cross-examination:

First press:

Hosonaga explains he had been ordered to watch over the victim "indirectly", and hence he arrived at the beach in that attire with a turtle strapped to his head - to use as his disguise when he dives underwater. Both Susato and Yuujin note that doing so would be detrimental to his duties.

Second:

Souseki describes the scream he heard in more poetic terms: "a scream as if one was being decapitated". He then assures everyone that no one was actually being decapitated, and Susato quietly assures him that no one here is thinking that anyway.

Hosonaga explains the shack is a vacation villa for government officials. Jezail had it all to herself, so Souseki had to change into his swimsuit elsewhere by the sea. In any case, after hearing the scream, he tossed aside the crab and hurried to the shack, or more poetically, "It flew to the side like a crab."

Third press:

Susato gasps upon hearing about the "two people", but when Hosonaga states that it was the defendant and victim, she's disappointed. Auchi sneers about her holding too much hope, and she quietly calls him out for that spot on his forehead.

Hosonaga flipped open the banner at the entrance and saw the victim fallen upon the sand. He even remembers seeing broken shards of glasses.

Fourth press:

Souseki elegantly describes the scene in perfect clarity - so much so that Susato screams. Even Auchi has to ask why "he" screamed like a girl, and she insists that she's very much a "real young man". So Yuujin asks in her place: Souseki had mentioned something about the scene struck his fancy. Susato guesses he couldn't believe his eyes, but on the contrary, he's quite excited about sharing the story in vivid detail in his newspaper tomorrow.

Yuujin seems amused about how the more he feels attacked, the more aggressive he becomes. Susato is not pleased in the least.

Fifth press:

Hosonaga claims multiple stabs because he saw the knife stained with blood when it was raised to strike. Souseki claims he saw the same. Hosonaga then presumes it was around then when the victim grabbed the pen. So, he deduces the victim didn't die immediately.

He asserts his policy of delivering "perfect" testimonies, to which Susato suggests he ought to be delivering a "perfect" defense. But then he goes into a coughing fit and the judge warns her not to bully the witness.

Object to the last statement:

With that shout, Susato feels the vigor and pride of defense attorneys before her rising within - and Auchi is worried.

Souseki panics, but she simply means to ask Hosonaga to confirm his statement. He obliges, but she presents the autopsy report to counter. The body was stabbed only once. Since they both saw the knife was stained with blood, the moment they witnessed was instead when the knife was being pulled out.

Yuujin praises her efforts, and she prepares herself for her own "great turnabout drama"... in the full version.

* While playing, I noticed the comments at the bottom of the second page of the autopsy report. It says the victim's pupils were constricted to an extreme degree, but when they tested for poison, none was found, so they couldn't link it to the cause of death.

You're welcome. I spent hours typing this up as I played and ran into a lot of lag and glitches, mostly just superficial, but a few which forced me to refresh the page because the game would crash. (Most of the time wasted was on technical issues on my end, though.) Thank goodness it autosaves.

The second time through was mostly smooth with a little lag, but probably because I didn't let it keep running for too long. But then my browser crashed and I'm not sure if it was because of the game or my computer.

I hope I'm the only one who experienced problems like these.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Fangirl

Oh, that's interesting. There's another translation going around (it's up on Youtube) and seems to have a very different take on one particular scene:

Spoiler:
"He asserts his policy of delivering "perfect" testimonies, to which Susato asserts hers of delivering "perfect" defense, and that each stands by one's creeds. But then he goes into a coughing fit and the judge warns her not to bully the witness."

In the one on Youtube, Susato's reply is basically that instead of the testimony thing, perhaps his creed should be about protecting someone perfectly. Which is a wonderful burn considering Hosonaga's history of failure and falls far more into the category of bullying, but the line about defending someone perfectly and standing by her own creed seems much more like something Susato would say.

So now I'm wondering which it actually is.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Thank you, Rubia!

Spoiler:
That said, it's curious; the constriction on her eyes, I mean. Yet it's not poison? I'd think that the Japanese force would now have a test for curare after The Grand Departure, considering how that troubled them. Perhaps it's a new poison?

And it seems Hosonaga and Souseki are very sure they saw Haori pull the blade out of Jezail's body. Is this another delayed murder? Or was she already dead by the time they've arrived and saw the scene? Probably the latter.

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Ace Fangirl

Spoiler: About the pupils
Wasn't it said that Jezail was allowed to continue her research? Perhaps she developed something similar to Curare- enough of a difference that they can't detect it with the methods they have now. If so, could it have been a suicide? ...With additional intent to frame Haori for it, because she studied under Watson and thus might know something about the thing Watson was silenced for?

Meowzy wrote:
Spoiler: About the pupils
Wasn't it said that Jezail was allowed to continue her research? Perhaps she developed something similar to Curare- enough of a difference that they can't detect it with the methods they have now. If so, could it have been a suicide? ...With additional intent to frame Haori for it, because she studied under Watson and thus might know something about the thing Watson was silenced for?

Spoiler:
Huh, that does sound likely. Considering that we still don't know her motive for killing Watson, perhaps she silenced herself as well before she could reveal anything about that - she was going to be deported to Shanghai the next day to British authority, after all.

EDIT: On another note, is Haori shortsighted?

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Happy Maria

I think....
Spoiler: Possible case one killer
The reporter Sōseki brought along had to have done it. Why else would he be there?

Ace Fangirl

OH hang on...

Spoiler:
The reporter was there on the beach too? I hadn't really thought about it. It's true that the reporter had been following Souseki around for juicy newspaper stories, but the beach was supposed to be a private one and Souseki got in because he was invited. Would the reporter have been allowed on there? Hmm.....

Meowzy wrote:
Oh, that's interesting. There's another translation going around (it's up on Youtube) and seems to have a very different take on one particular scene:

Spoiler:
"He asserts his policy of delivering "perfect" testimonies, to which Susato asserts hers of delivering "perfect" defense, and that each stands by one's creeds. But then he goes into a coughing fit and the judge warns her not to bully the witness."

In the one on Youtube, Susato's reply is basically that instead of the testimony thing, perhaps his creed should be about protecting someone perfectly. Which is a wonderful burn considering Hosonaga's history of failure and falls far more into the category of bullying, but the line about defending someone perfectly and standing by her own creed seems much more like something Susato would say.

So now I'm wondering which it actually is.

I did finish it up late at night, so I wouldn't be surprised to see errors. The translation you mentioned is probably the correct one, now that I think about it. It was meant to be advice that the judge mistakes as "bullying".

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
Spoiler:
EDIT: On another note, is Haori shortsighted?

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure that comment about Auchi's meager hope is very much a joke since they keep cutting off his speech. I suppose it could be foreshadowing, though.

Meowzy wrote:
OH hang on...

Spoiler:
The reporter was there on the beach too? I hadn't really thought about it. It's true that the reporter had been following Souseki around for juicy newspaper stories, but the beach was supposed to be a private one and Souseki got in because he was invited. Would the reporter have been allowed on there? Hmm.....

Spoiler:
I don't think the reporter was at the beach. How else would Souseki have ended up playing in the sand with his crab buddy? Or had the privacy to change into his swimsuit?

Wotter boy

I watched the translation of the demo and I'm eagerly awaiting the full thing

EDIT:Actually, I'll post my thoughts on Speculation instead so...yeah.
Page 2 of 2 [ 55 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes