Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 3[ 81 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: The EU Ace Attorney MinisiteTopic%20Title

PEARLY AND MACHI FTW!

Z-Master wrote:
Oh man. That sucks.

Even so, 16+ for T&T is for me a bit WTF. Censhorship in Europe really sucks !

Oh yeah I forgot :

Quote:
On a different note, I have been very pleased to see that all of the French words used in GS have always been spelled correctly.

I agree. Because in JFA : "Au contraire mon frère !" -> LOL.

Ugh, see this is the reason I am out of Europe ASAP. We SUCK when it comes to video games. And yeah, I did notice some silly mistakes when I was playing JFA in French. My mom pointed out most of them, actually.

Afraid of Psycho locks...

That....is...RIDICULOUS! :zenitora:
My deviantArt-ShadowsWolfsbane

Boss Velotix wrote:
...Given the content of the site, I am absolutely convinced that T&T's release in the EU has been cancelled because it couldn't pass for a 12+ PEGI rating for whatever reason. If we are to rectify this problem, we will need to convince both Capcom Europe and NoE that a 16+ rating is acceptable for this title and it will still sell.

So, all this is just speculation. I mean, no reason to being so angry. We all want T&T released in Europe, but this is just hilarious. They've made even stranger things when "Justice For All" dissapeared from the NoE websites after giving a release date.

US!

Hmm,
After much consideration,
Spoiler:
Someone cited that the -unnamed victim of 3-5- picture in which you see a sword through her body may have contributed to the fact that the Europeans won't release it.

Objection!
Remember 2-4, you see a picture of Corrida with a knife sticking out of him,
also, 1-3, you see the bloke that Hammer accidently killed impaled on a spike,
and even with gun crime on the rise, they let the picture of Wocky being shot go through (4-2)
The Europeans let that slide,

Another reason would be Fawles suicide in court....
It was hardly the most epic suicide was it?
All it was that he started coughing up blood...
I'm sorry, but a paper cut produces more blood.
The fact you see him die should also not be a factor, you see LeTouse die with stains of blood around him, that was allowed through.

all the AA games revolve around some kind of murder.
With murder there will be blood.
It should not be more than a 12.

AA1 only got a 7+ didn't it?
in that you see Mias dead body, the bloke that Hammer killed on a spike,
the knife fight between 'Goodman' and Meekins etc.

Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*

Jammin' like it's 2024

yS_ wrote:
So, all this is just speculation. I mean, no reason to being so angry. We all want T&T released in Europe, but this is just hilarious. They've made even stranger things when "Justice For All" dissapeared from the NoE websites after giving a release date.

Nintendo of Europe are prone to doing stupid stuff like this, true.

I freely admit this is indeed all speculative, but it still doesn't look good. The fact is, there isn't any concrete information about the release of T&T - even whether it will be released is unknown, let alone whether it will be in 2008!

I brought this to everyone's attention to warn them that things were starting to look bleak, and to encourage people to press NoE and Capcom Europe for a formal statement, because the total lack of information is getting ridiculous. When you skip over a title in a franchise and pretend it doesn't exist, that's a pretty big warning sign. :/

UltraSaint4121 wrote:

I agree, but if they won't release it with that rating, it's better releasing it as a 16+ than not at all.
Does we even do these things anymore?

Love, learn, live.

UltraSaint4121 wrote:
Hmm,
Spoiler:
Someone cited that the -unnamed victim of 3-5- picture in which you see a sword through her body may have contributed to the fact that the Europeans won't release it.

Objection!
and even with gun crime on the rise, they let the picture of Wocky being shot go through (4-2)

The fact you see him die should also not be a factor, you see LeTouse die with stains of blood around him, that was allowed through.

OMFG! SAINTY!!!!! *tackle hugs*<3

Anyway..... you make a good point. I mean, Europe can actually show more than in America, which makes no sense to me why they won't release T&T. Just doesn't make a damn bit of sense IMO. :yuusaku:

PEARLY AND MACHI FTW!

MikeMeekinsFan wrote:
UltraSaint4121 wrote:
Hmm,
Spoiler:

Objection!

OMFG! SAINTY!!!!! *tackle hugs*<3

Anyway..... you make a good point. I mean, Europe can actually show more than in America, which makes no sense to me why they won't release T&T. Just doesn't make a damn bit of sense IMO. :yuusaku:

Ah, but Europe doesn't often make a lot of sense. Sense is overrated. But I'm still mad at them.

Zoinks

NinjaMonkey wrote:
TheInfamousVale wrote:
I think the real reason for banning T+T is because Armstrong was obviously very gay rather than being French.

And :welly: in 2-1, doesn't? (I'll admit that he looks gay, but not that he is.) So in light of that, it must be the negative-stereotype of the french, that's keeping this game from being released.

Wellington was a rich person (or seemed like one, at least; can't remember very well). Rich people tend to act more 'feminine' than those living in, say, Brooklyn. Besides, he wasn't as obviously gay as Armstrong. Wellington did not:

- Dress in pink
- Have a gay smile on his face
- Clasp his hands together in a gay fashion
- Use girly perfume
- Hit on a character (again, can't remember who very well)

You get the idea.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Aw the Beatles were so innocent!

Wait a minute.... did it officially get rated 16+? I can't find any rating for it on PEGI's website.
Image Image Lovely Rita

Jammin' like it's 2024

GamerErman2001 wrote:
Wait a minute.... did it officially get rated 16+? I can't find any rating for it on PEGI's website.

No, we're saying it looks like it's not going to get released at all in the EU. I'm suggesting that it may be because they cannot get PEGI to pass the game as a 12+.

Boss Velotix wrote:
GamerErman2001 wrote:

No, we're saying it looks like it's not going to get released at all in the EU. I'm suggesting that it may be because they cannot get PEGI to pass the game as a 12+.

As said in the PEGI page, the editors choose the PEGI classification by themselves by sending an answered document that you can download from http://www.pegi.info/media/doc/172.doc . Then, some 12+ resolutions and all 16+ and upper resolutions are reviewed by the PEGI crew (this is explained better in the website).

Anyway, I can't find the reason why Capcom would answer YES to any 16+ or upper questions. Perhaps you do, people who have player T&T, so go, download the document and judge by yourselves.

yS_ wrote:
Boss Velotix wrote:
GamerErman2001 wrote:

As said in the PEGI page, the editors choose the PEGI classification by themselves by sending an answered document that you can download from http://www.pegi.info/media/doc/172.doc . Then, some 12+ resolutions and all 16+ and upper resolutions are reviewed by the PEGI crew (this is explained better in the website).

Anyway, I can't find the reason why Capcom would answer YES to any 16+ or upper questions. Perhaps you do, people who have player T&T, so go, download the document and judge by yourselves.

There's nothing like that in the game.
Image Image Lovely Rita

I'm thinking, (maybe that's because I'm French :p) that we could organise a demonstration in all of Europe.

We could make our caption (or one of our captions) "We're (still) waiting for Godot".
I'm actually knitting a Godot doll that could be good for that.

I'm not talking of doing it RIGHT NOW but if they do decide not to release it (and it sounds like it so far) we'll need to show them that it would sell. It should be ordganised carefully in every of the countries that would do it, and advertised around the fandom to make sure there would be enough people coming for media attention. We could also decide to make only one or two countries/cities do it, if a lot of people can travel within Europe.
We'd also need banners (real ones and internet ones) saying that we want the game.

If Anyone is willing to make a "Still waiting for Godot" banner, I know I will add it in my signature in every single forum I go to.

Anyway, that's a suggestion, what do you guys think?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Wave 'Hi' to the press folks.

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/05/13/has- ... in-europe/
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Nego wrote:
Oh right... I can understand what you mean with him being French, but the fact that his stereotypical is just for the humor effect. It's true that the French executives might have found it offensive, but they could always have changed his place of origin, non?

Name me one place outside France, where people talk with a french accent?

They have to do translations, anyway (the european version being released in several languages and all), plus in the French version he obviously won't have a French accent. If they found it that bad, they could just change it in the English European version as well.

Not that they'd have any reason to. Mot characters in this game are crazy, not just the one who's supposedly French (but still can't speak French properly, if I believe the US version I've played).

Honestly, I don't think there is any chance of it being the reason they're not releasing it. I don't know, maybe they wanted to focu on the game that actually has DS-only gameplay, and then thought the third game coming up after the fourth one would make no sense?

(Oh, and for your information, French is also spoken in Belgium, Switzerland, a big chunk of Africa, Guyana, Haïti... so technically they could still "pin" it on one of these countries. But as I said, really, he's not supid because he's French, he's stupid because he's stupid. Plus he can't cook, so he doesn't qualify as a typical Frenchman :p)

EDIT: I found a link to this petition on Capcom Europe's forums. Basically, it's asking Capcom to tell the fan what the hell is going on.

The only thing odd is that when I went to buy a copy on AJ on the 9th at Game, the guy serving me asked if I wanted to preorder a copy of Trials and Tribulations.

I did say that I hadn't heard a release date (and had a copy) but he actually said that the system game was on HAD A RELEASE DATE.

Unfortunatly, I didn't ask when that was.... Sorry.

Gimme a hollar for random chat anytime (PMs booshtard. 8D)

Because it's like that.

As for Armstrong, replace the french restaurant by a Italian restaurant, give Armstrong an Italian accent, and replace all the french dishes by Italian dishes, and voilà ! (The French version of Spiderman 3 did exactly the same thing.)

Oh the (Still) Waiting for Godot banner is a great idea. I'm going to make one.

Back from Hell.

Hm... That's weird. A friend of mine has ordered the game, it seemed like it was already available since a long time.

And btw: I've alread got it and I am from Austria. :godot:

Surf's Up!

chinara wrote:
Hm... That's weird. A friend of mine has ordered the game, it seemed like it was already available since a long time.

And btw: I've alread got it and I am from Austria. :godot:

Are you sure it isn't an imported copy? :knock-knock:

Got his Psychology degree in Borginia

We should make a 'Bring PW3 to Europe!" adress and have everyone sign it!

Surf's Up!

You mean a petition, right?

Those things don't work....just look at the number of people (31,338) who signed Starmen.net's petition for NOA to release Mother 3 in the US. Has Mother 3 had a release out of Japan? No.

Ergo, a petition would be practically useless. :sadshoe:

Got his Psychology degree in Borginia

Add the petition at the end of a convincing letter as an attachment :karma:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

NinjaMonkey wrote:
You mean a petition, right?

Those things don't work....just look at the number of people (31,338) who signed Starmen.net's petition for NOA to release Mother 3 in the US. Has Mother 3 had a release out of Japan? No.

Ergo, a petition would be practically useless. :sadshoe:

Nintendo and Capcom are totally different monsters.

Nintendo always holds it's cards close to their chest, it's secret and does it's own thing.
Capcom is more focused on listening to it's market and trying to turn the Fans into a powerful tool.

Two different approaches and they both have their advantages.

And honestly, I wouldn't look at Starmen.net's pentions as failures. Even if they don't get the results they want, it's gained MASSIVE publicity. The 'Waiting for Godot' pension will come and go and it may indeed build up some steam, but Starmen.net has left it's mark on the internet. That, is impressive.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Okay, so I was thinking... For a first step, making banners should be good enough, then, depending on whether we have any news from Capcom or not, we could go to the next level.

So I've been thinking of other banner ideas... For people who don't care for Godot, for instance, and because having a couple should be good.

What about a clear and simple "Objection!" to Capcom's face?
Also, something like Capcom: Trials and Tribulations (I'm not sure if "trials" fits, but there have definitly been tribulations).
I'll try drawing something if I can, in the meantime I'll work on my doll. If I finish it early, I might also knit some other T&T only characters... Any suggestions?

EDIT: I've created a LiveJournal community to work on it. I've called it "Still Waiting for Godot" for now, but we can change it if you don't like it.

Anyway

It's times like these that I hate European releases of video games. :edgeworth:

It's also times like these that I'm glad I imported all of my AA games. :wellington:
AJ: clear! *Endless joy*

Check out my vlog!

@ Boss Velotix:
I think you know very little about the german Jugendschutzgesetz. Sure it sometimes is hard for violent games to come out uncensored but the Ace Attorney games all (atleast 1,2+4) got an "ohne Altersbeschränkung"(for all Ages)-Rating. I haven´t playes T&T yet, but it can´t be THAT more violent and bloody.
Also we DO get bloody games! GTA4,Turok,God of War, Resident Evil 4(ok,here the minigames are missing,but Capcom fucked that one up) for example are all uncensored. No more Heroes was " censored" because Ubisoft decided to localise the japanese version instet of the violent american one. So hat Ubisoft for that one.

I really can´t imagine why a PG16 Rating should be the problem here. Its just NoE being shitty as always. Remember how long it took for AA 1 to get released here ? And I don´t even want to talk about SSBB

As for myself: I´m giving NoE and Capcom another 3 months or so and if they don´t come up with a release of at least a date i´m going to import.

Who knows, maybe they want to release T&T as some kind of prequel: "Lear all about the tragic fall of Phoenix Wright is this 4t Ace Attorney Game!!"

BIG EDIT:

I just recieved an email from Nintendo Germany(I mailed them last week about T&T) and it basically said this:

There are NO plans to eelease T&T in Germany at the moment, but its just that Nintendo just publishes the Games here and its Capcoms fault. If i remember the latest release list from Capcom, T&T is still on there right ?

Anyway,i think we should shift attention to Capcom and ask them what the hell is going on.

Here is the email in german, i don´t have time to translate everything right now, maybe some other german speaker will do that ^^; :

Sehr geehrter Herr ****,

vielen Dank für Ihre eMail.

Phönix Wirght 3: Trials & Tribulations ist bislang nicht für den deutschen Markt angekündigt. Da dieses Spiel von Capcom entwickelt wurde und Nintendo lediglich den Vertrieb der Spiele übernimmt haben wir leider nur sehr geringen Einfluss auf die Planung von Capcom.

Wir bedauern, dass wir Ihnen keine positivere Auskunft geben können, wünschen Ihnen aber dennoch auch weiterhin viel Spaß mit unseren Produkten.

..I just realized,that he missspelled Phoenix Wright...ah well

AoG

Jammin' like it's 2024

Attorney of Germany wrote:
@ Boss Velotix: I think you know very little about the german Jugendschutzgesetz.

Very true. Thanks for the correction. ^^

Attorney of Germany wrote:
BIG EDIT:

Here is the email in german, i don´t have time to translate everything right now, maybe some other german speaker will do that ^^; :

Sehr geehrter Herr ****,

vielen Dank für Ihre eMail.

Phönix Wirght 3: Trials & Tribulations ist bislang nicht für den deutschen Markt angekündigt. Da dieses Spiel von Capcom entwickelt wurde und Nintendo lediglich den Vertrieb der Spiele übernimmt haben wir leider nur sehr geringen Einfluss auf die Planung von Capcom.

Wir bedauern, dass wir Ihnen keine positivere Auskunft geben können, wünschen Ihnen aber dennoch auch weiterhin viel Spaß mit unseren Produkten.

..I just realized,that he missspelled Phoenix Wright...ah well

AoG

Thankyou Google Translation! (The translation's not perfect, but it's much more legible than Babelfish! ;D )

Google's Translation wrote:
Dear Mr. ****,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Phoenix [Wright] 3: Trials and Tribulations is so far not announced the German market. Since this game was developed by Capcom and Nintendo only the distribution of the games over, we have unfortunately very little influence on the planning of Capcom.

We regret that we do not give positive information, wish you nevertheless continue to enjoy our products.

This is likely true in the whole of the EU - in which case, we need to turn our attention to Capcom Europe.

Finally, we're in the News again! Wave to the press, guys! :D

So this was the petition I signed the other day! I hope the petition will make a change to the whole situation here~
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

EINSPRUCH!

I'd written an article over at my site bringing attention to this, and I'd also emailed both PEGI and Capcom Europe, no reply from either, though.

Although I don't live in Europe, this is a fucking travesty. I don't care if it will get a 16+ or a 90+ or a 3+ or whatever from the PEGI. Now I've changed my signature to reflect how angry I am at Capcom for not giving Europeans the final chapter of Phoenix Wright, which many Europeans have supported by purchasing.
Image Image Lovely Rita

I think everyone who cares about the european release and/ or his or her fellow PAL-AA fans should post in this thread :

http://www.capcom-europe.com/forums.asp ... &t=354&p=3

or french people:

http://www.capcom-europe.com/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=465

continue the fight for Godot

Blah

There's no need to fight. This game has not been cancelled for Europe.

It's so funny.

I'm german .. first time I can't believe this .. but why am I wondering ? It's nothing new or special.
Well, I love my english Version so much, I don't need this .. so I don't care anymore.

Look!

Trials and Tribulations was just rated by the German Rating Board! :godot:

No news on a PEGI rating yet. Could someone who understands German translate what it says? I see a 14, does that mean 14+ ?

TiarnyTurnabout wrote:
Look!

Trials and Tribulations was just rated by the German Rating Board! :godot:

No news on a PEGI rating yet. Could someone who understands German translate what it says? I see a 14, does that mean 14+ ?

No. The 14 is just the paragraph of the "Jugendschutzgesetz" ('law for the protection of the children and the youth' ?). :D

"Freigegeben ohne Altersbeschränkung" means without age restrictions.

Last edited by RanFujimiya on Fri May 23, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HAVE NO FEAR !!GERMANS ARE HERE!! ähmm

I came here to post this actually...so yeah it says:

The game was tested for a rating on wednesday and recived a "ohne Altersbeschränkung" (!!) that means it is for all ages (yeah the USK loves games where you battle the enemy with your brain)

Another thing: The USK only rates games that are going to be released in germany so....T&T CONFIRMED FOR GERMANY!!

I will have some apple pie now to celebrate this!

Afraid of Psycho locks...

Seriously? Coolio.
My deviantArt-ShadowsWolfsbane

Surf's Up!

So, I guess if it's OK for Germany, then this pretty much green-lights T&T for the rest of Europe, right? (Given that the German ratings board is much stricter than for the rest of Europe)

NinjaMonkey wrote:
So, I guess if it's OK for Germany, then this pretty much green-lights T&T for the rest of Europe, right? (Given that the German ratings board is much stricter than for the rest of Europe)

Yeah, I can't imagine it going out in Germany and nowhere else in Europe. Plus, the last two games shared the French and German version, so that should mean the French one has chances to be planned too. And if they've at least started translating it, I can't imagine it not going out in its original language.

Are you sugessting coconuts migrate?!

Awesome. Three cheers for Germany.
(I'll probably still try to import it though)
Avvy and sig by Topaz Fey. Franziska von Karma is sexiness on legs. :ka-whip:
Page 2 of 3 [ 81 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes