Last visit was:
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hotel Dusk Sequel on the way?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:13 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: #1 DBZ fan.
Good afternoon,everyone.

I know this is my 2nd time making a Thread (LOL WHUT?) but there is something you shold all know about,and I know Hotel Dusk fans like us
Will be very proud of it.

------------------------------------------------

+ Lately,I've been surfing the web and I decided to search for: "Hotel Dusk 2".And there I find a topic about the sequel of this
great game,forgive me if someone or anyone one knew/posted a Thread about it,I'll be sure to make this Thread locked if you warned me.

Anyways,I wanted to share this news for you:

NoE: How do you see the future of the interactive mystery novel as a genre of video games, and do you already have ideas for a follow-up title? And will we see Kyle Hyde again?

TM: “We think in the future, there will be games where people can deduct – can draw conclusions - with various other people at the same time, by making use of a network feature. We think at that time, games will become truly interactive.

“As for Mr. Hyde - we think that he is also looking forward to meeting you again.”

Read for the rest interview here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6023613&postcount=890

So,what do you think?

------------------------------------------------------------
(LOL,old news! D: )

+ Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/SaiyanTanuki

Last edited by Dick-Gumshoe on Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:46 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
I'm not sure it's quite vague really...though it does make me worry Kyle Hyde is gonna hunt me down and unveil my secrets if I annoy him.

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:31 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Herr Blondie wrote:
I'm not sure it's quite vague really...though it does make me worry Kyle Hyde is gonna hunt me down and unveil my secrets if I annoy him.

Oh,umm....That's a shame....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:19 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Yay for Shoe!
Thanks for the link! I think it's a good sign that they are still talking about Hotel Dusk. Maybe if they realized enough people enjoyed it, they'll do a sequel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:52 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

But we already know all the secrets of hotel dusk....I'm thinking maybe it'll be like...an..indirect sequel?
Kyle Hyde in a new location figuring out the next link in Bradley's puzzle Hotel dusk is done but maybe umm...Hotel Dawn? :sadshoe:

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 pm 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Herr Blondie wrote:
But we already know all the secrets of hotel dusk....I'm thinking maybe it'll be like...an..indirect sequel?
Kyle Hyde in a new location figuring out the next link in Bradley's puzzle Hotel dusk is done but maybe umm...Hotel Dawn? :sadshoe:

I dunno tho, the thing is...where is Kyle going @ the end of HD? I get the feeling he's made his peace with Bradley because he says he's going on vacation. I think the sequel could be based on another event completely, not searching for B. He could run into trouble while taking time off. Mila would be your sidekick.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:20 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

ashogo wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:

I dunno tho, the thing is...where is Kyle going @ the end of HD? I get the feeling he's made his peace with Bradley because he says he's going on vacation. I think the sequel could be based on another event completely, not searching for B. He could run into trouble while taking time off. Mila would be your sidekick.

Sure he was happy at the end but he still ain't found him, all he's confirmed is that he's still alive, thats not enough, he'll go on to find the next clue.

It'll be like where in the world is Carmen Sandiego....except with Brian Bradley.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 pm 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Herr Blondie wrote:
ashogo wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:

Sure he was happy at the end but he still ain't found him, all he's confirmed is that he's still alive, thats not enough, he'll go on to find the next clue.

It'll be like where in the world is Carmen Sandiego....except with Brian Bradley.

I don't know. I think he's done chasing Bradley, at least for a while. Why else would he think about asking Rachel out on a crossroad vacation? Hyde himself said his search was never for revenge; he just wanted to know why Bradley had betrayed his partner and the cops. Now that he's learned the whole truth, his search is over.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:38 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Pearls wrote:
Thanks for the link! I think it's a good sign that they are still talking about Hotel Dusk. Maybe if they realized enough people enjoyed it, they'll do a sequel.

You're welcome my friend. :gymshoe:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:50 am 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Custom Title: Boredom is courption of the soul.
I would like a sequel. But to be honest, I don't see it happening or even a story for it that works in the same manner.

If it happens, it happens and I'll get it.

Sweet Rhyme was made by the just as sweet Vickinator!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:17 pm 
Admin
Admin

Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
As much as I'd love to see more Rosa, Hyde, Parker, and Louie, I think I'd much rather see a spiritual successor to Dusk then an actual sequel. I mean, a lot of the Magic in Dusk is that a lot of deep questions were left unanswered. It leaves you with a bittersweet feeling. I think I'd rather have a game with a similar feel of Dusk then something that builds upon Hyde's story.

Not to say I wouldn't buy Dusk 2, but maybe a game from Bradley's point of view might be an interesting change of pace.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

We don't need a sequel we DO need more games done like this though, you don't get hotel's like that everyday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:03 am 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Wooster wrote:
As much as I'd love to see more Rosa, Hyde, Parker, and Louie, I think I'd much rather see a spiritual successor to Dusk then an actual sequel. I mean, a lot of the Magic in Dusk is that a lot of deep questions were left unanswered. It leaves you with a bittersweet feeling. I think I'd rather have a game with a similar feel of Dusk then something that builds upon Hyde's story.

Not to say I wouldn't buy Dusk 2, but maybe a game from Bradley's point of view might be an interesting change of pace.

I would love playing Hyde again, but I do think most everyone else should be part of a new cast. Mila and Louie making an appearance wouldn't be bad either, but it would feel pretty stale if they just brought back everyone from the hotel (not to mention totally improbable). I wouldn't mind playing as a totally different person either, as long as the game keeps the gorgeous art style and dialogue.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:50 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Scientifically Magical Detective O_o
I would like to see a game that just picks up where Dusk left off, now that Kyle and Mila are together, lets see what happens next on their quest to find Bradley. There would have to be Louie, of course :P The quest for Bradley must continue!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:16 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Arei wrote:
I would like to see a game that just picks up where Dusk left off, now that Kyle and Mila are together, lets see what happens next on their quest to find Bradley. There would have to be Louie, of course :P The quest for Bradley must continue!

But,didn't Bradley wrote in the letter that he's going far away and let Kyle Hyde stop from searching him?
I don't think the sequel for the search for Bradley.

I'm not sure,the game is officially called: "Hotel Dusk:Room 215".So,in order to make the sequel,I think they're going to make a new character in the 2nd game and the title will come out as:"Hotel Dusk:(subject)".

I said I'm not sure so don't believe so fast :gymshoe:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:49 am 
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Yes, it should be actually finding Bradley this time. The ending could be like sad or something:

*Kyle sees Bradley in the distance*
Kyle: B-bradley?
*Bradley turns around*
*BAM*
A Cop/Nile Thug shoots Bradley and Kyle just stands there speechless.

Seriouslys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:34 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Scientifically Magical Detective O_o
^Dramatics O___O

That would be the most depressing ending in the history of forever.

The thing is, though he may take a break I don't think Kyle will give up searching for Bradley. Especially with Mila's connection to Nile, Bradley could pop up again. I think it could happen, but the hard thing about this series is they gave it a name like Hotel Dusk. Though of course it could be used figuratively... Then it could happen.

Short one-shots piss me off when they aren't continued, especially ones as epic as HD. It must go oooon~