Last visit was:
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Glass Rose.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:53 am 
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness

Custom Title: .......
I put this in here, as Glass Rose was developed by Cing (published by Capcom). I apologise if this is not the correct forum.

I was wondering if anyone here has played it? It was released in Japan and Europe (never released in North America) on the Playstation 2 in 2003/2004.

The basic plot is that Takeshi Kagetani, a news reporter, writes a story covering a series of unsolved murders at what is known as the "Cinema Mansion". His story attracts the attention of Emi Katagiri, whose's Grandfather was involved in investigating the murders. They go to the now abandoned mansion, and promptly fall into a time portal, and end up in 1920's, just as the murders begin.

The game is more like Another Code/Trace Memory than Hotel Dusk (you spend most of the game in a Mansion, trying to discover the secrets hidden there,) and most of the gameplay is spent in conversation with the various people in the Mansion. Unlike both Another Code and Hotel Dusk, the Glass Rose is timed. In addition to this, there are also "Suspense Events", which require you to pick an action quickly. Taking too long, or failing a Suspense Event will bascially result in health loss. Glass Rose also had a hint system, although you had to solve a Tangram puzzle first.

Post subject: Re: Glass Rose.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:32 am 
Admin
Admin

Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Phoenix Soul wrote:
I put this in here, as Glass Rose was developed by Cing (published by Capcom). I apologise if this is not the correct forum.

I was wondering if anyone here has played it? It was released in Japan and Europe (never released in North America) on the Playstation 2 in 2003/2004.

The basic plot is that Takeshi Kagetani, a news reporter, writes a story covering a series of unsolved murders at what is known as the "Cinema Mansion". His story attracts the attention of Emi Katagiri, whose's Grandfather was involved in investigating the murders. They go to the now abandoned mansion, and promptly fall into a time portal, and end up in 1920's, just as the murders begin.

The game is more like Another Code/Trace Memory than Hotel Dusk (you spend most of the game in a Mansion, trying to discover the secrets hidden there,) and most of the gameplay is spent in conversation with the various people in the Mansion. Unlike both Another Code and Hotel Dusk, the Glass Rose is timed. In addition to this, there are also "Suspense Events", which require you to pick an action quickly. Taking too long, or failing a Suspense Event will bascially result in health loss. Glass Rose also had a hint system, although you had to solve a Tangram puzzle first.

I've heard of the title, but being an American I've never seen the title in stores... and seeing as it was never in the USA, that would explain why I've never found it.

I'm going to have to import when I've got some monies to burn... and got my PS2 replaced.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:12 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: 世界中
I wouldnt mind playing this. :phoenix:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:43 pm 
Suspect
Suspect

Custom Title: Hai XD
That sounds really awesome! I've never heard of it before! I'll probably have to buy it online . I'll have to look into this ;D