Last visit was:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: hotel dusk series future (thoughts and possibilities)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:14 pm 
Suspect
Suspect

i had the chance to play both hotel dusk and last window,and finished them both. truly incredible games,for old school gamers like me and point and click fanatics.
i was looking on the net if there was a third game or if they were working on a new one....and suddenly,i stumble upon quite a shocking news (to me anyways) saying that cing studios has gone bankrupt. my heart almost skipped a beat,and that's when i felt the urge to create this thread,to share my thoughts and hear what you guys have to say concerning the future of the series. what happened to cing's employees and what did they do after this whole thing ? (hopefully start a new small company) and does Nintendo have the rights upon the game ? if so,did they release something official about what they're planning to do with the franchise ?

that's all for the questions,now for my personal thoughts (perhaps non-realistic day dreaming fan boy ideas),i hope somehow cing's employees manages to get back on their feet and start a new,and maybe bring us a third game. if not,then i hope some good company get to do it (and buy the rights from Nintendo if they own it). you are probably wondering who I'd pick ? well i would've picked either lucasarts or telltale,but since the first one got closed (curse you Disney !),then it leaves telltale.

feel free to leave your thoughts and feel free to bring your ideas no matter what they maybe (even imaginary)

that is all :redd:

Post subject: Re: hotel dusk series future (thoughts and possibilities)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:55 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Call me James
I think it's pretty much done. Since Cing is no more and Last Window ended on a great note and was such an insight into the life of Kyle, his story can end. I know 3 is the magic number and a third game would be just as awesome, but you can't get as final as
Spoiler:
solving an ass load of mysteries/murders including your own father's murder, recovering the scarlet star AND giving someone the means to take down Condor and what was essentially the big bad of the game
. After the epilogue and the secret tid-bits of backstory on Kyle in the novel, I'm satisfied with how the saga's turned out.

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 pm 
Suspect
Suspect

i get you dude. however,didn't hotel dusk felt kinda the same ? like if it was a stand-alone ? and then i found last window by chance :edgy: ,which too felt kinda wrapped up,but that doesn't exlude tons of possibilities and explore them,especially with awesome writers.

Spoiler:
condor may have been taken down,but not nile...etc etc

I'm still aching for a 3rd game on the 3DS,just imagine the possibilities with the 3D -drools-
or at least on some other system. just imagine if Sony have bought back Cing and saved it from bankruptcy,we would've maybe gotten it on the vita,which would be AWESOME considering the hardware that is most of the time unexploited :will:

that shall be all. and sir,don't think normal,think crazy (like mia would say :godot: )

this isn't supposed to be a super serious thread you know :p

best regards buddy -hugs-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:17 am 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

There's definitely potential for another game, as has been said it could put Nile into the very center of the storyline rather than them being present but sort of too big to prioritise taking down.
However, I've resigned myself to the fact that it'll probably never happen, and have accepted it. Somehow I don't mind too much. I loved HD and LW but at the same time I feel satisfied with them, rather than desperate for more. Maybe it's because LW ended so nicely but it really doesn't feel the same as it would if we were told there was no more Ace Attorney.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:30 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: A Seeker of Truth
dapz wrote:
There's definitely potential for another game, as has been said it could put Nile into the very center of the storyline rather than them being present but sort of too big to prioritise taking down.
However, I've resigned myself to the fact that it'll probably never happen, and have accepted it. Somehow I don't mind too much. I loved HD and LW but at the same time I feel satisfied with them, rather than desperate for more. Maybe it's because LW ended so nicely but it really doesn't feel the same as it would if we were told there was no more Ace Attorney.

I feel the same :phoenix: Perhaps it would've taken just one more game to wrap up all the loose ends or make a Kyle Hyde fanboy out of me, but as is, I'm fine with the series being where it is :godot: Would I have liked another game? Of course! Am I disappointed that there will never be one? Definitely. Is there an innate feeling of dissatisfaction that will never be satisfied without a 'proper' wrap up of the storyline? Not at all; the games are brilliant in and of themselves, and I'm okay remembering them fondly as such, with or without a sequel :phoenix:

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright