Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 2[ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: A way to flesh out the Jurist SystemTopic%20Title

Kayworth Supporter

Yeah, I prefer the idea of a Jury PLEASED bar. :P.

Although it'd be hard to code where to go back, we could just save just like penalty's y'know..
Personally, I'd much rather come up for a excuse to get rid of the Jury System, something like "We are instead gunna be doing limited trials with the Jury system" Maybe have the last case where the Jury System is used, that's what I'd prefer :edgy:. That's only my opinion.

Perpetual Prosecutor

Kitisuimo wrote:

Although it'd be hard to code where to go back, we could just save just like penalty's y'know..
Personally, I'd much rather come up for a excuse to get rid of the Jury System, something like "We are instead gunna be doing limited trials with the Jury system" Maybe have the last case where the Jury System is used, that's what I'd prefer :edgy:. That's only my opinion.

Coding is not a problem of ours. Besides, it only takes a simple use of variables and constants to do. :garyuu:

And what do you mean by the Jury PLEASED bar?

Kayworth Supporter

Akiak wrote:
Kitisuimo wrote:

Coding is not a problem of ours. Besides, it only takes a simple use of variables and constants to do. :garyuu:

And what do you mean by the Jury PLEASED bar?

:hotti:

As in there decision meter, if you mess up or so.

A simple observer on the game of life.

It borders on turning a visual novel into a court simulator. I have high doubts Capcom want to pursue such a route. The concept is interesting, but certainly not for a game like the Ace Attorney series.

Kýrie eléison

Sorry for this topic necromancy, but frankly I'm not sure if the GS5 developers have the ability to consider a game-play mechanic where the attorney has to screen jury members because in Japan (which only adopted the use of juries a few years ago), jurists are chosen by a random lottery of citizens. Anyway, here's a kick-ass essay about how the Jurist System can be implemented in future GS games.

As for my own personal thoughts:
1. Eliminate the requirement that the player must examine and collect everything he or she needs before a court session. The more that's discovered beforehand, the stronger one's case will be.
2. During trials, a secondary health bar consisting of three ratings will represent what the jury thinks of your argument, which can rise and fall depending on the defense's ability to conjure up evidence and motives (ie. the case won't come to a standstill should you be missing something). Ending a court day with the lowest rating means the defendant is declared guilty right there and then, the middle rating means there's enough doubt to extend the trial or acquit the defendant but not enough to put the real murderer on trial, while making it all the way through with the highest rating results in the typical case ending where the true murderer's exposed.
3. Apparently Japanese jurists unlike those in the U.S. are expected to ask questions and such during the trial itself. For GS5, this could mean cameo opportunities for all sorts of past characters.
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

Newb Attorney

Here's how I see it.

The jury system is going to replace the life bar in the courtroom. The jury system is going to be split half and half, say blue for the defense and red for the prosecution. When you, the defense presents the wrong evidence, makes a wrong deduction, the prosecution counter's your argument, etc. The prosecution's half of the bar increases and yours obviously decreases in return. But when you make the right deduction, present the right evidence, pwn the prosecution your half increases and the prosecution's decreases.

How do you lose? You lose by losing on the final day (the story can say what day that is), the prosecution taking up the whole bar on any day. And you win if you did the opposite.

Bass_Ultra wrote:
Here's how I see it.

The jury system is going to replace the life bar in the courtroom. The jury system is going to be split half and half, say blue for the defense and red for the prosecution. When you, the defense presents the wrong evidence, makes a wrong deduction, the prosecution counter's your argument, etc. The prosecution's half of the bar increases and yours obviously decreases in return. But when you make the right deduction, present the right evidence, pwn the prosecution your half increases and the prosecution's decreases.

How do you lose? You lose by losing on the final day (the story can say what day that is), the prosecution taking up the whole bar on any day. And you win if you did the opposite.

maybe instead of a bar it can be the justice scales, mabe tilt to either side. :keiko:
Sig.

1000% Knight

CultureJamming wrote:
It borders on turning a visual novel into a court simulator. I have high doubts Capcom want to pursue such a route. The concept is interesting, but certainly not for a game like the Ace Attorney series.

This. Something where the bar goes up when you do something right, and the case ends when you fill it up, just wouldn't work. The cases would end way too prematurely.

The penalty system should really just stay the same. They really only need a superficial difference, like Phoenix thinking "I don't think that looked good for the jury..." instead of the Judge saying "Penalty!" Heck, Udgey can probably still give out penalties; it's not like he's completely powerless.

And the whole point of the Jurist System, not needing decisive evidence? That can easily be written out, albeit on a case-by-case basis (no pun intended :keiko: ). Instead of, "I cannot declare the defendant not guilty without decisive evidence," it can be "Your evidence has not been decisive enough to sway the jury." Tah dah.

tl;dr: You are all way overthinking this, and they can (and, IMO, should) keep the existing gameplay system while only making small, superficial changes to include the Jurist System.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Newb Attorney

Or, it depends on a case. If there is a lack of decisive evidence on the last day, they'll extend the trial and use the jurist system. Since they just switched to a new system, they should take baby steps until the court can stand on its feet y'know?

Hello

I agree that it'll likely just replace the lifebar if it does come into play. What it would allow for, though, is a steady trickle of "life" coming back into the bar...

That is to say that the bar would go up as you make correct deductions and would go down when you made mistakes. In addition the bar would probably vary a bit as you played "objection tennis", but it would be impossible to lose without making a genuine mistake, and impossible to win unless you reach the end of the trial. (Think jurists with extreme views - I'm assuming the decision needs to be unanimous?)

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

I have to say, I don't really go for this idea. The life bar works well. Keep it. The system really shouldn't be changed for that. The Jurist system was implemented because of a lack of evidence in the last case. It really wouldn't feel like AA if this were implemented full time.
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Triforce Wielder

Staring an entire case from scratch if I chose the wrong jurists doesn't sound like a sane/plausible idea, and I think Capcom agrees as well, even though it IS kind of witty/innovative.

We'll have to see what Capcom has in store for us, now that the Laws of the game has changed... I'm pretty sure we'll get used to it.
Come and Read my AA Sprite Comics, I'm sure you will like them:

Call me Ishmael.

Might as well repost my idea.

Quote:
Let's say that there is a life bar that shows what the jurists think of you. The main character has backed up his theory with evidence but the prosecutor notices one hole in it, which the judge asks you to explain. You get three options. If you choose, say, the one in the middle you get two other options - how to make your argument - in a "charming" way or an "intimidating" way. Both can be good at different times. If you pick the wrong option, a part of the life bar explodes.

Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The Law

agentgamma wrote:
Have a meter of overall jury opinions.
When you make a mistake, they go towards Guilty.
When you prove something major, they go towards Not Guilty.

I agree If Capcom is going to have a Jury system in GS5 they should have it in a form of a meter. It will replace the life bar and plus if they do make a GS5 they can't ditch the Jury System after it being a big piece in the last case of GS4, whether it revolves around Phoenix or Apollo.
Page 2 of 2 [ 54 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps