Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Y'know...Topic%20Title

spr fckn srs peepz

Phoenix's got lie detecting skills (the Magatama).

Apollo's got perception skills (the Bracelet coupled with ancestry).

Edgeworth's got superior deductive reasoning (Logic system).

Wouldn't a game using Rashomon as an inspiration be interesting? Reliving the same moment through different eyes and skills to combine into the ultimate truth... isn't that what these guys are all about?
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.
Re: Y'know...Topic%20Title

Callipygous nelipot

They should all get Wondertwin rings. Or Wondertriplets, as it stands.

Given that the AA series really owes its roots in old visual novels, which were primarily romantically-oriented, I always wondered what the series would be like with a Charm/Intimidate system, similar to Mass Effect in some ways - this is another idea I'd cooked up for my alternate-universe Edgeworth fan-game. Basically, whenever somebody "closes up" or when the player needs a favor from someone (like getting the detective to locate some restricted evidence at the precinct), the Persuade button appears along with the conversation options, similar to Phoenix's Magatama in AA4-4. Conversation begins normally, but every so often you need to choose from three (vague) options that don't tell you exactly what your character will say. Choosing the "correct" answer out of the three advances an on-screen slider. Choosing an incorrect answer slides it backwards. Choosing an answer that is neither right nor wrong will actually do nothing to the slider and you'll have to pick again.

This was the system I had considered for Edgeworth's "gimmick" - like I said above, it was for an alternate-universe story (in which Phoenix Wright loses the classroom trial, Gregory Edgeworth wins his showdown with Von Karma and doesn't get shot, and Miles grows up to become Gregory's successor).
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

wildweasel wrote:
Given that the AA series really owes its roots in old visual novels, which were primarily romantically-oriented, I always wondered what the series would be like with a Charm/Intimidate system, similar to Mass Effect in some ways - this is another idea I'd cooked up for my alternate-universe Edgeworth fan-game. Basically, whenever somebody "closes up" or when the player needs a favor from someone (like getting the detective to locate some restricted evidence at the precinct), the Persuade button appears along with the conversation options, similar to Phoenix's Magatama in AA4-4. Conversation begins normally, but every so often you need to choose from three (vague) options that don't tell you exactly what your character will say. Choosing the "correct" answer out of the three advances an on-screen slider. Choosing an incorrect answer slides it backwards. Choosing an answer that is neither right nor wrong will actually do nothing to the slider and you'll have to pick again.

This was the system I had considered for Edgeworth's "gimmick" - like I said above, it was for an alternate-universe story (in which Phoenix Wright loses the classroom trial, Gregory Edgeworth wins his showdown with Von Karma and doesn't get shot, and Miles grows up to become Gregory's successor).

You're describing Hotel Dusk's conversation system, you realized that?

DeMatador wrote:
You're describing Hotel Dusk's conversation system, you realized that?

That is a fair point; I actually hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. Still, though, I would have loved to see this presented in the usual Ace Attorney gimmick style (like the Perceive system).
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."

Awesome Guy™

I think Phoenix should give Apollo his Magatama, and Edgeworth should give him a few tips on how to use logic for the next game. Apollo will become the ultimate Justice machine! :karma:

justice is always wright ;)

Ridler wrote:
I think Phoenix should give Apollo his Magatama, and Edgeworth should give him a few tips on how to use logic for the next game. Apollo will become the ultimate Justice machine! :karma:

:lana: ......................................................................... it's a really great idea :gant-jazz:
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps