Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 34 posts ]

How will you handle spoilers?Topic%20Title

Hello everyone.

This is a fairly straight forward question: how will you deal with spoilers? I suspect once the game has been released in Japan, info will start pouring in like crazy.

Personally, I think I'll look up a few things, like if Maya's involved, how many cases there are and so forth.

What about you? Will you also do that or will you just stay the hell away from all Ace Attorney related sites until the game has been released in the west?
Re: How will you handle spoilers?Topic%20Title

The Real Human Being

How will I handle spoilers?
VERY BADLY!

I guess there will be an "Ask me anything" thread again and I will ask some basic questions there about the number of cases or cross examinations, how hard the game is, how many different characters there are etc. I know I probably can't really wait for the English release so I will try to get as much informations about the game without spoiling me about the murderers and stuff. Since AJ I always accidentally spoiled myself on the whole game, so I hope it won't happen again.

Gettin' Old!

There will probably be a ban on blatantly spoken spoilers on CR cause that's what we've always done. We'll keep to using spoiler tabs and maybe give it it's own separate forum (all the other Mainstream games have one each).

Properly labelled spoiler tags are things of love:

Spoiler: Doesn't contain actual spoilers
See how beautiful this is?

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

As soon as I hear that the game has been released, I try to go into a full information ban until I've played it. I don't read any new articles about it, I don't watch videos about it, I probably won't even go into this part of the forum anymore (I'll just have to seclude myself in the Kitchen, by my lonesome self :larry: ).
Of course, that won't mean that I won't pick up a few spoilers anyway, because, as I said, this is what I'll try to do, which doesn't always succeed. In the past, I've been fairly good to keep myself away from spoilers, and as I've recently had a few nasty experiences with what spoilers can do to your enjoyment, I think I'll try my best this time.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

1000% Knight

Having a banhammer is a wonderful thing :uramidn:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

I maintain myself ignorant and alienated until the game's release in America. That's how I deal with spoilers :D

And if I accidentally run into any info, I quickly close the window and watch stupid stuff on YouTube to make me dumber.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I take a look at all officially released stuff - info from the website, trailers, etc.

Once the game is released I'm probably going to avoid both the wiki and these forums until I complete the game.

I do have a couple of questions I'll ask in the eventual "I just want to know one thing" topic, such as how many cases are in the game, if Ema appears, and if the ending is a decent possible end to the series (for us Western fans). I'll be avoiding Topics like Maya which most likely will be spoiler-heavy.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I used to loooooove spoilers, but now for my general well-being and wish to enjoy the game as blind as possible, I avoid them like the plague now.

Usually now, I make myself as disinterested as possible in the game until it comes out. Maybe turn that interest to something else...

...Like spoiling the plot of some other game for myself...
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Javadoze wrote:
I used to loooooove spoilers, but now for my general well-being and wish to enjoy the game as blind as possible, I avoid them like the plague now.

Usually now, I make myself as disinterested as possible in the game until it comes out. Maybe turn that interest to something else...

...Like spoiling the plot of some other game for myself...

I tried doing that once and it didn't end well. It was for AAI ironically. I decided to stop reading any news about it like a year before it came out and I not only got disinterested but I forgot it even came out. I was caught up playing Star Wars: Jedi Knight Dark Forces II when I should have been playing AA! My sister bought a copy soon after and I didn't play it again until late 2011, which kickstarted my interest in the series again. I had just bought a 3DS and wanted something new to play on a trip. I'm glad I did because if I hadn't have started playing AAI I probably wouldn't even know AA5 was coming out.

But that's just me. I'm just a really forgetful person who kind of needs the hype to keep me interested. :edgy:
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:
Having a banhammer is a wonderful thing :uramidn:

ADA McCoy wrote:
I tried doing that once and it didn't end well. It was for AAI ironically. I decided to stop reading any news about it like a year before it came out and I not only got disinterested but I forgot it even came out. I was caught up playing Star Wars: Jedi Knight Dark Forces II when I should have been playing AA! My sister bought a copy soon after and I didn't play it again until late 2011, which kickstarted my interest in the series again. I had just bought a 3DS and wanted something new to play on a trip. I'm glad I did because if I hadn't have started playing AAI I probably wouldn't even know AA5 was coming out.

But that's just me. I'm just a really forgetful person who kind of needs the hype to keep me interested. :edgy:

My brother.

Back on topic, I'll be playing through the game fairly quickly if all goes well, so hopefully spoilers won't be too much of an issue personally. I'll be doing what I can to stop them from popping up around the forums though.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:

My brother.

Back on topic, I'll be playing through the game fairly quickly if all goes well, so hopefully spoilers won't be too much of an issue personally. I'll be doing what I can to stop them from popping up around the forums though.

We must have been separated at birth or something.

The site is my home page right now and I'm so used to just going here that I'll have to use the parental controls to block it until i'm done with the game or something. I don't think I have the self control to stay away for that long.

I would handle the spoilers by staying away from youtube vidoes about gameplay so i dont read the comments, stay away from anything anyone from japan posts here in court-records about AA:DD that has spoiler tags

Pretty much just be paranoid the whole time lol :grey:

I will handle spoilers by staying off of twitter, 4chan, and facebook. I will last about two point five minutes.

DonteTheDA wrote:
I will handle spoilers by staying off of twitter, 4chan, and facebook. I will last about two point five minutes.

youtube is usually the most that screwed me over with spoilers like with the bioshock infinite ending

Gettin' Old!

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
DonteTheDA wrote:

youtube is usually the most that screwed me over with spoilers like with the bioshock infinite ending

Yeah I mean I know now to avoid comments sections but it can't be helped when I want to jam to some nice music from a game and there's spoilers in the related videos.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Inspector Cabanela wrote:
DonteTheDA wrote:

Yeah I mean I know now to avoid comments sections but it can't be helped when I want to jam to some nice music from a game and there's spoilers in the related videos.

With that find videos with the music but it has still images

OBJECTION! That's a clear contradiction!

I am probably going to end up doing what I did for PLvsAA and PL6 and loose all self control and just spend all my free time looking for spoilers and anything that could get me satisfied. I really don't want to do that, but that is most likely what will happen. It always does. Nevertheless, I'm going to try harder for this game! :odoroki:

SkylarHewitt7 wrote:
I am probably going to end up doing what I did for PLvsAA and PL6 and loose all self control and just spend all my free time looking for spoilers and anything that could get me satisfied. I really don't want to do that, but that is most likely what will happen. It always does. Nevertheless, I'm going to try harder for this game! :odoroki:

Well do what ever is easier for you :hotti:

I play videogames.

Bolt Storm wrote:

I'll be getting the game this Thursday/Friday too so I'll be helping with the "I want to know ____" thread.

That said, I was wondering if there is a section on the site/forum where we can publish our own game reviews. I'm thinking of writing one as soon as I finish the game, but will keep it as spoiler-free as possible. Would this simply go into the AA5 forum? I skimmed the site but couldn't find a place for this type of fan-submission. Sorry if I've missed it. Thanks!
Image Image Image

As of tonight I've stopped going to the AA wiki, and after my questions in the "I Just Want to know one thing GS5" topic are answered I will probably leave C-R until I complete the game. I will still visit the home page to get news, but I don't want to risk getting spoiled.

I wish we'd get a release date soon for the west. It would make it a little easier to wait this long.

I was already stupid and looked at a spoiler picture, but luckily it's not really a big spoiler in my eyes and more or less just confirmed something I was already very sure about anyway.

Lusankya wrote:
I was already stupid and looked at a spoiler picture, but luckily it's not really a big spoiler in my eyes and more or less just confirmed something I was already very sure about anyway.

Keep it hush hush :grey:

Mia Fey, Ace Attorney.

Knowing myself, I'll spoil myself silly.
When I first played the games, by the time I got JFA I knew the plot of the whole series for myself. I'm really not good at the whole idea of resisting spoilers.
"We never really know if our clients are guilty or innocent. All we can do is believe in them. And in order to believe in them, you have to believe in yourself."

Signature by MidnightJasper~

Shadow Magician wrote:
Knowing myself, I'll spoil myself silly.
When I first played the games, by the time I got JFA I knew the plot of the whole series for myself. I'm really not good at the whole idea of resisting spoilers.

Its the temptation i remember with bioshock infinite they warned everyone on the youtube video that someone put a spoiler for the ending and me like a idiot checked it out even though they hid it :yuusaku:

Oh my gawd, can't answer this, I just lack the basic self-control. I shouldn't even be at this forum until mid-August.

dangerousoffender wrote:
Oh my gawd, can't answer this, I just lack the basic self-control. I shouldn't even be at this forum until mid-August.

you still could just stay away from the GS5 related threads :ka-whip:

dangerousoffender wrote:

Then get out of here!
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Art Person

I said I'd resist spoilers as much as possible. I'm not going to look in any of the "Themis Law Academy" topics anymore.
I did sneak a peek at case 1's details, only because I wanted to confirm a suspicion, and after seeing too much I said "That's it... I'll wait!"

SuperAj3 wrote:
I said I'd resist spoilers as much as possible. I'm not going to look in any of the "Themis Law Academy" topics anymore.
I did sneak a peek at case 1's details, only because I wanted to confirm a suspicion, and after seeing too much I said "That's it... I'll wait!"

i just peaked in there as well and saw all those spoiler topics i was like "Oh hell no" and backed out of there. Its never good to spoiler a game for yourself just takes the fun out of it

I'm actually not bothered by spoilers so I'll be looking all I want. I've never had a problem with spoilers because, while already knowing what happens kinda takes away from the experience, I still want to experience it for myself.

Plus, who knows when the U.S. release is coming out. It's just simply too long of a wait. Maybe if it was being released under a month after the Japanese version, I would handle the wait.

TheIdioteque wrote:
I'm actually not bothered by spoilers so I'll be looking all I want. I've never had a problem with spoilers because, while already knowing what happens kinda takes away from the experience, I still want to experience it for myself.

Plus, who knows when the U.S. release is coming out. It's just simply too long of a wait. Maybe if it was being released under a month after the Japanese version, I would handle the wait.

Probally around august hopefully we will get a better answer for the western release but as for now its between Sept-Dec

Fate Testarossa

Only looked at promo stuff. Avoiding all spoilers (IE: music, characters, plot elements, whatever that wasn't featured pre-release) at all costs. Doing a pretty good job at it so far.

Fate is made by クロス

kwando wrote:
Only looked at promo stuff. Avoiding all spoilers (IE: music, characters, plot elements, whatever that wasn't featured pre-release) at all costs. Doing a pretty good job at it so far.

Teach me, master!

I've avoided the heavy spoilers but I'm sucking up everything else like a sponge.
Page 1 of 1 [ 34 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps