Re: Who will star in GS6? (GS5 spoilers)Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Here is my idea for characters: (Main)

Phoenix Wright, 35

Apollo Justice, 24

Athena Cykes, 19

Trucy Wright, 17

Spoiler:
Coltrane Cykes, 22. The rival prosecutor for the game, Athena's older brother, and the (almost) splitting image of their late mother. He is an expert in analyzing firearms, and is sometimes seen with a revolver that fires blanks. (Name: "Coltrane" comes from "Colt Single Action Army", which is a type of revolver.) :think:

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
The problem is that the writers of Apollo Justice MADE it a big deal. It's supposed to be a shocking revelation that we want to know the answer to. If it hadn't been important then they shouldn't have brought it up in that manner. Besides, as Icer said, it just makes Thalassa and Phoenix look like jerks. I wouldn't necessarily say bad parents, but it's very inconsiderate of them.

If the writers plan to resolve it, they ought to do so by GS6, even if only to parallel the "Misty Fey disappearance" mystery. Misty wasn't mentioned at all in the second game, and I was slightly disappointed it remained a loose end. It wasn't until I saw her again in T&T were my questions answered. I think that's the route the writers are taking regarding Thalassa's disappearance, though I find GS2 more relatable to GS1 than GS5 to GS4.
To be fair, before I actually met Misty in T&T, I found her as a rather insensitive mother too. She vanished for 17 years, and in her absence, Kurain remained in the dirt. It wasn't until the case with Maya's official ascension to Master that Kurain began a quick recovery.
I know, the comparison doesn't work that well with the Gramarye line. Trucy has already gained the rights from her father, and wherever Thalassa goes from here won't affect that. But that said, there's not much she would affect by returning as a major character, unless the new plot demands her presence.

Quote:
What's Phoenix going to say if Apollo and Trucy find out he knows? 'Yeah I've known this for over a year, I just thought you should hear it from your mother, who's alive by the way'.

They'd get mad, of course. Oh, but I mean "mad" as in just a bit upset, but not furious. Then, it's likely they'd head out to meet their mother who had been missing for so long... if they can find her.
Admittedly, it does make for case potential: let it be a case in which Apollo and Trucy are out for a while on their search or whatever. Phoenix and Athena (maybe Pearl too) watch over the office and meet a client in the meantime. By the time Apollo and Trucy return, the case is resolved. It makes for an intermediary case that doesn't have much effect on the plot, but can lead to one that does. And yet, as I describe it now, it still doesn't leave much of an impression on me.

Quote:
Also, just a tiny off-topic question: would you say Athena contributed to the game? Because from what little I've heard and seen, she looks like a real Mary Sue.

She does have a major role in every case, save the first one. Aside from the obvious game mechanics and story relations, she fits the role of legal assistant must more than any other assistant character thus far, being a lawyer herself. However, as a secondary character, she is at times a bit too "in your face". At least with Ema or Trucy, they show their quirks without being too insistent for attention. Kay, however, does feel like that as well. It's a very subtle thing, though, so to other players, it might not be a bother at all.
I have to agree that she is like a certain type of Mary Sue, but I can't stick a label like that on her. Though she is just a bit annoying at times, her presence does enhance the flow of the story. Her drive to win matches that of the player's, and it keeps the trials moving at an appropriate pace. I could say that for Apollo or Phoenix too, but she also manages to slow down the pace better during more suspenseful moments, just before the shocking reveal or outrageous outcry. And besides, seeing Phoenix and Apollo act as mentors to someone is rather heartwarming. Some people on the forums may say that she seems "flawless", but I see flaws all over her character that don't feel forced in or being used as plot device.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:
The problem is that the writers of Apollo Justice MADE it a big deal. It's supposed to be a shocking revelation that we want to know the answer to. If it hadn't been important then they shouldn't have brought it up in that manner. Besides, as Icer said, it just makes Thalassa and Phoenix look like jerks. I wouldn't necessarily say bad parents, but it's very inconsiderate of them.

If the writers plan to resolve it, they ought to do so by GS6, even if only to parallel the "Misty Fey disappearance" mystery. Misty wasn't mentioned at all in the second game, and I was slightly disappointed it remained a loose end. It wasn't until I saw her again in T&T were my questions answered. I think that's the route the writers are taking regarding Thalassa's disappearance, though I find GS2 more relatable to GS1 than GS5 to GS4.
To be fair, before I actually met Misty in T&T, I found her as a rather insensitive mother too. She vanished for 17 years, and in her absence, Kurain remained in the dirt. It wasn't until the case with Maya's official ascension to Master that Kurain began a quick recovery.
I know, the comparison doesn't work that well with the Gramarye line. Trucy has already gained the rights from her father, and wherever Thalassa goes from here won't affect that. But that said, there's not much she would affect by returning as a major character, unless the new plot demands her presence.

I agree with you to a point; we didn't see Misty in the second game and she more or less came out of nowhere in the third game. That said, the premise was entirely different. We got to know all sorts of things about Kurain in Justice for All, and it was part of the trilogy - they knew they could fill the holes just a year later.

This game comes six years after Apollo Justice and from the looks of it, is fairly disjointed. I'm still very excited for the game of course, I'm just worried they'll never even bother adressing these subplots again.

Also, Misty WAS insensitive, if you ask me. She might have cared about Maya, but she still chose to just leave without ever contacting her. That's just plain wrong.

Quote:
What's Phoenix going to say if Apollo and Trucy find out he knows? 'Yeah I've known this for over a year, I just thought you should hear it from your mother, who's alive by the way'.
They'd get mad, of course. Oh, but I mean "mad" as in just a bit upset, but not furious. Then, it's likely they'd head out to meet their mother who had been missing for so long... if they can find her.
Admittedly, it does make for case potential: let it be a case in which Apollo and Trucy are out for a while on their search or whatever. Phoenix and Athena (maybe Pearl too) watch over the office and meet a client in the meantime. By the time Apollo and Trucy return, the case is resolved. It makes for an intermediary case that doesn't have much effect on the plot, but can lead to one that does. And yet, as I describe it now, it still doesn't leave much of an impression on me.

If I were Apollo I'd go mental. I mean, he grew up without ever knowing his parents, and then when unknowingly meets his sister, his new boss doesn't tell him?

While I hate it when games turn to external media to explain certain plot ponts, this might just be a situation where we need a manga or something.

Quote:
Also, just a tiny off-topic question: would you say Athena contributed to the game? Because from what little I've heard and seen, she looks like a real Mary Sue.
She does have a major role in every case, save the first one. Aside from the obvious game mechanics and story relations, she fits the role of legal assistant must more than any other assistant character thus far, being a lawyer herself. However, as a secondary character, she is at times a bit too "in your face". At least with Ema or Trucy, they show their quirks without being too insistent for attention. Kay, however, does feel like that as well. It's a very subtle thing, though, so to other players, it might not be a bother at all.
I have to agree that she is like a certain type of Mary Sue, but I can't stick a label like that on her. Though she is just a bit annoying at times, her presence does enhance the flow of the story. Her drive to win matches that of the player's, and it keeps the trials moving at an appropriate pace. I could say that for Apollo or Phoenix too, but she also manages to slow down the pace better during more suspenseful moments, just before the shocking reveal or outrageous outcry. And besides, seeing Phoenix and Apollo act as mentors to someone is rather heartwarming. Some people on the forums may say that she seems "flawless", but I see flaws all over her character that don't feel forced in or being used as plot device.

Ugh...thanks. I know I shouldn't judge something before I've played it but I've got a bad feeling about this. Granted, I've never been a fan of the whole 'super young attorney' deal. Hopefully I'm just temporarily blinded by my presumptions.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

But Misty was 'disappeared'. Nobody knew where she was. That's 'where she is' for purposes of canon and the writing, the characters don't know. The whole point is we DO know where Thalassa is and so does Phoenix, in 4-4. So it's not a proper analogy. GS2 and 3 ADDED material retrospectively to build on the Kurain subplot. This is just 'forgetting' a load of stuff out of GS4 and earlier.

Please stop using the argument 'It's because they're planning to do/save such and such for GS6'. (This goes for everywhere in the fandom I see it used to 'justify' something in/not in GS5.) They really aren't. It's possible they could return to the older material as 'inspiration' WHEN (if) they write that game, but these writers don't have some concrete plan of GS6 planned out. They write the game they're currently working on, that's it. There might be vague ideas in their own minds 'in case' they have to extend their own GS5 plots, but it's even less likely their vague ideas contain 'uncontinued' plot lines from Takumi's games.

I'm more annoyed by them 'forgetting' the juries though, personally, because it's even worse writing with how it (re)frames the premises of GS4.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Thane wrote:
If I were Apollo I'd go mental. I mean, he grew up without ever knowing his parents, and then when unknowingly meets his sister, his new boss doesn't tell him?

He didn't set himself a particular time to tell them. All he said to Thalassa was "I'll tell them when the time is right." That doesn't leave a whole lot of description. It may be hanging now, but by the way they hinted at it, it's going to be brought up again some time... in a game.
Apollo has shown that he can keep a level head regarding his missing mother. It's clearer during a flashback describing him and his old friend, Daichi.

icer wrote:
The whole point is we DO know where Thalassa is and so does Phoenix, in 4-4.

Well, the credits passed her off as gone abroad again. He knows she'll be back some time, but she didn't mention when. Likewise, he wouldn't have the obligation to tell them before she can firm her resolve to face them again. So, is he waiting on her return? Possibly. If he's going to act like a negligent parent, then so be it, but it's not entirely his fault either.

Quote:
Please stop using the argument 'It's because they're planning to do/save such and such for GS6'.

Normally I wouldn't use this; but it's likely that they're planning to group GS4, 5, and 6 into another trilogy, albeit with a much looser sense of continuity. Thinking about it in that way, it's only natural for GS5 to be more like a game that fits somewhere in-between "more popular" titles. The way GS5 ends strongly suggests that they're already committed to making GS6. The premise has been set; what follows is the application.
GS2 was made with the premise that GS3 was going to follow it, so it's only expected that the continuity remains strong. GS5 happened to hit a bad time when it was first green-lit, back in 2007, and had to be delayed for several years for some reasons. Then, since Takumi became busy with LKvsGS, it was left to the Investigations team to fill in for him.

Quote:
I'm more annoyed by them 'forgetting' the juries though, personally, because it's even worse writing with how it (re)frames the premises of GS4.

I agree wholeheartedly. Dropping the juries was the worst move GS5 could possibly make. It not only affects the storyline, but the developers also lose the ideal opportunity to instate a new game mechanic. For example, it could provide the game with a legit scoring system, as opposed to simply getting penalties for mistakes. There were plenty of ways they could have gone with it, but they didn't. It's like they were so mesmerized by the Mood Matrix that they forgot about what else they should have considered.
After all, they took out a lot from the investigation segments by limiting which areas could be explored. I can understand if it's to move things along in the investigation segments, but the memo already helps with that! Why couldn't they allow every screen to be examined? They don't have to give every single object a description, but I miss talking with Charley... and the immovable security guard. I swear I'm going to strangle something if GK3 ends up visiting the Wright Anything Agency and we CAN talk to Charley.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Hm, is Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney the only reason why Mr. Takumi hasn't worked on the main series for a while? I have more faith in his writing skills than his successors, and would like it if he took the reins again. I find surprisingly little information about him on google.

元・超会社員級の管理人

After GS4 Takumi took time to go work on Ghost Trick as a new project. Then PLvsPW's earliest development was around the time Ghost Trick was released, and he was involved in that from the get-go.

There were also reports that GS4 had some meddling from higher-ups in its plotline, which might explain why he was eager to work on something new. He's also stated that he considered GS4 the end of the series at the time (this was a few years ago).

These days I'm not sure what he's up to. I think he took a break after PLvsPW's release (remember, that game had 2+ years of dev time starting right after Ghost Trick), but I want to say recently on Twitter he mentioned he was starting his next project, whatever that might be.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Thane wrote:
Hm, is Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney the only reason why Mr. Takumi hasn't worked on the main series for a while? I have more faith in his writing skills than his successors, and would like it if he took the reins again. I find surprisingly little information about him on google.

He's sick of it, so far as I can tell from his quotes. So far as he was concerned Phoenix's story ended at GS3, (http://www.court-records.net/interviews/gs4blog.htm)
then he was forced to make GS4 (which wasn't as 'new' as he wanted, them forcing him to include Phoenix and juries) and he feels like he's done everything that can (or 'should') be done in the series. Of course his employer Capcom might have other ideas though.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=130359
http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 31&t=19710

"Takumi: It's a hard question to answer. For me, Ace Attorney ended with the fourth game. I think everything I wanted to do and everything that should have been done in the series was done with the last installment. "

People speculated he might be more happy to write a 'guest' DLC case, but with no DLC in the short term at least well...

Hm. Now, I have an idea. Put all the complaints behind us and start heading towards conclusion.

Who will star in GS6?

Recently I find it kinda ironic that the character who turns out to be in the spotlight of the game is different than the one who is supposed to. (Apollo in GS5, Phoenix in GS4)

Sligneris wrote:
Hm. Now, I have an idea. Put all the complaints behind us and start heading towards conclusion.

Who will star in GS6?

Recently I find it kinda ironic that the character who turns out to be in the spotlight of the game is different than the one who is supposed to. (Apollo in GS5, Phoenix in GS4)

Apollo came first in some kind of poll recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to stick with him (although I don't know why exactly he became so popular in Dual Destinies; for all I know it was a temporary thing, like that jacket of his...anyway, please don't spoil the reason). I think I personally want them to focus on Apollo next game and have Phoenix in the background as a mentor, and maybe let us play him for one trial or so. I just don't want them to overuse everyone's favorite porcupine - besides, he's just not complete without Maya.

I've already voiced my concerns regarding Athena several times already, so I'll try not to sound too negative, but I really hope they'll forget about her, unlikely as that is.

Shoot. I just realized that with the arrival of the DLC case, the series now has a case featuring pirates and boats. Ah, well. There's always the Tokyo Metropolitan Express Train to use as inspiration. Heck, one of the cross-promotional campaigns with it and GS5 had Phoenix and Athena in uniform. The fans went wild.

But I'm still waiting for another locked-room mystery involving dry ice. That is a rather interesting concept.

...Yes, I know I'm not talking about who will be starring in this game, but isn't that already a given? One look at any of the promotional campaigns, and there's your answer.

Thane wrote:

Apollo came first in some kind of poll recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to stick with him (although I don't know why exactly he became so popular in Dual Destinies; for all I know it was a temporary thing, like that jacket of his...anyway, please don't spoil the reason).

The one that also 'proves' Maya (4th) is to be reinstated in lieu of Athena (who was only about 15th) , based on the poll? :will:

I want to know if people could only vote for one person or if they ranked them. If there were less people you can vote for, well people just assume 'Phoenix is popular anyway' and 'Apollo is an underdog'.

Now why is Apollo 'popular' well it's probably people who liked the more recent games (you know, especially the ones who played GS4 first) who still hang around the 'fandom' as such, in JP as well as here. For all we know they all turned out and voted for him also....

Sadly we have no idea how important this poll is, if the writers will be using it as 'feedback' at all... I know that Viola ranked highly in one of their 'official' polls and we've never seen her again. Although things to do with major characters might have more notice.

I don't think they'll forget about Athena unless they don't make GS6 right after GS5. I mean, she didn't show any sign she'd LEAVE did she? Then again there's been worse discontinuities haven't there....

Nah, I don't think it will have big influence to the future of the series, maybe with exception for Housuke Odoroki. :odoroki:

I mean, come on. It's not like we will be having Godot or Fulbright returning in the series.

And I don't think GK characters will actually appear in the main series.

Sligneris wrote:
Nah, I don't think it will have big influence to the future of the series

I mean, come on. It's not like we will be having Godot or Fulbright returning in the series.

And I don't think GK characters will actually appear in the main series.

I didn't say anything of the sort. However, it DOES prove who the top dogs are in this franchise, and they have been saying over and over how they'll keep a close eye on feedback from the fans. Apollo will most likely stay as a protagonist not just because of his new popularity, but because of the amount of work they must've invested in his character this time around (Again, I haven't played Dual Destinies).

Still, this doesn't guarantee anything - not to mention the poll was held only a month after Dual Destinies' release in Japan; of course GK5 characters will be higher up on the list because of it, the characters are still fresh in the fans' minds. It wouldn't surprise me if Godot was highest on a poll just after the release of Trials and Tribulations, for instance.

Ultimate Troll

Winston Payne!!! I hope he will look like this:

Spoiler:

Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

...There was no time in history a Payne has ever starred in the game. They were only tutorial prosecutors (maybe except 3-3) and background characters.

In case he appears, I kind of imagine him having his AJ hair and outfit, or a slight variation of it. Also losing his hair again.

Nah. No fan theory before game's announcement ever, especially regarding the appearance of recurring characters has ever been right, so I don't think yours will be correct as well. Also, hair doesn't regrow that quickly.

Text of Steel!

Man lots of discussion and fairly interesting points brought up and just about everything has been said as far as detailed analysis goes. Nothing much I can contribute so here's an interesting way I thought of how the future of the series could be handled. Have a couple of games focus on Apollo or Athena [most likely Apollo since he's been established longer and Athena hasn't been the most popular from what I've read. Or have a game for each attorney] so that they can get the proper career building cases that Phoenix had in the original trilogy and further flesh out their characters and gain more experience and have Phoenix being the mentor to look over them and maybe helping to some extent with one or two really big cases. Then have a game that features all three attorneys and deal with something that's much bigger than any of the characters can handle individually in a grand huge AA game. Think of it like the Marvel super hero movies. You have each individual hero having their own movies to establish their characters and experience and then you have the big collaboration of the Avengers that goes beyond the individual heroes. That I feel would be an interesting way to handle the series and maybe unify the fan base to some extent maybe. Of course that would then mean Phoenix would be the Robert Downy Junior of the series when it came for the collab game =P

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

GS5 was a great reintroduction for Phoenix, but now he should stay as a character like Mia in GS1-3, and let Apollo or Athena star the next games. In my opinion it should be Apollo, as he has already did that in GS4, and Athena would be his assistant and even a playable character in some case.
I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I think the next game should have Apollo as the main character, but you should play at least 1.5 case as Phoenix, and I'd rather Athena goes over to the GK games (where all litter from Ace Attorney goes) so it's just Phoenix and Apollo, and I'd still love to see at least a DLC case that has Maya returning, just because I wanna know how she looks now.

Also, remember how GS1 had 3 prosecutors and it was before Payne became an inside joke, so you thought of him as the Level 1 prosecutor in the game and Von Karma was the "hard difficulty of the game? Yeah I liked that so I'd love to have 3 prosecutors for GS6 so it feels like the game is constantly getting harder. Also no Blackquill and
Spoiler:
obviously no Fulbright
and since Gumshoe has become sort of like a GK staple, I would love to have both Ema and maybe also Klavier back, and I'd love to see Ema grow as a character because her role was really stale in AJ, just like Klavier's.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Surf's Up!

Quote:
Quote:
And his assistants will still be cute, perky teenagers.

But that's true of all lawyers!

How come Mia got stuck with Diego Armando and Marvin Grossberg, then?

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Apollo and really hope that he gets put on a bus or something, leaving Phoenix and Athena to continue the series.

FWEET CLICK FWEET

I would like Athena to be the main character godot to be the rival main dectitive ema

others juniper woods the dude that looks like harry potter blackquill Apollo fennie edgey klaiver and fransizka

I would also like to have the return of this bitch :chinami:

Swearing is mostly ill-considered in the internet. You should try not to do that too much.

Hm... Godot? I'm not really sure about him even returning, considering the way his story was done in GS3, as much I'd want him to do so. Definitely not as a main, though. :yuusaku:

I would like Gumshoe to be main detective instead, actually and Ema as a forensic, helping us out during investigations.

As much as I would like to see more Junie, we still have to remember basic rules of Ace Attorney - every game must have new characters in the game. It's... possible, I guess, but I'm pretty sure for example some of the mains have much bigger chance of returning, of course.

The guy looking like Harry Potter? Wut?

For the other mains you mentioned, quite a big chance, I think. I still wonder with what sort of new prosecutor they will come up with next game.

...Dahlia returning? I both can't imagine it happening in official game and don't think it's possible. :yuusaku:

Ladders are the most importiant thing.

It would be really cool to see a new protagonist. It's a welcome idea in my book.
But, It would be nice to have another Apollo game... :yogi:

Bolt Storm wrote:
After GS4 Takumi took time to go work on Ghost Trick as a new project. Then PLvsPW's earliest development was around the time Ghost Trick was released, and he was involved in that from the get-go.

There were also reports that GS4 had some meddling from higher-ups in its plotline, which might explain why he was eager to work on something new. He's also stated that he considered GS4 the end of the series at the time (this was a few years ago).

These days I'm not sure what he's up to. I think he took a break after PLvsPW's release (remember, that game had 2+ years of dev time starting right after Ghost Trick), but I want to say recently on Twitter he mentioned he was starting his next project, whatever that might be.

I've been having this thought that, since watching the Gyakuten Saiban movie, Shu might try his hand at writing for cinema. The director of the movie said that he'd like to make a Gyakuten Saiban 2 down the road, but that it would likely have a unique story rather than follow the game series canon instead.

And I also agree with what you said about higher-ups having too much control of the story/characters in AJ like Phoenix for example. That was the one character Shu said he would NOT like to put in the game, and he was forced to :shoe:horn him in anyways. He can't work as an artist if he does not have the freedom to make his art.

Cinema?.... Oooh, I kinda... Dislike it. Not like they're making a bad job, I just think... What is drawn (or modelled in GS5 case) should stay drawn. I would really have preferred anime instead.

Judging from the anime scenes in GS5... if that's the kind of quality you could expect from an Ace Attorney anime then it's a no-go for me. I would not watch it. It's way too cheesy and alienating. I always felt like Ace Attorney was too sophisticated, for the lack of a better term, to be another anime series.

...I mean it COULD work, but having seen the movie it wasn't like the best movie ever, but it didn't alienate me at all. It felt very fitting for Ace Attorney, much more so than the anime scenes of GS5 do. I have watched animes but if Ace Attorney becomes anime it's bound to be generic and in the end it might affect the direction of the games. I don't want that. It would kill the franchise for me.

Nah. I didn't really think of that as a series, more of how the movie would look like as an anime.
And somehow I do prefer anime over live action.

If we're talking PLvsAA level of quality in anime animation, then I'd like to see it, but GS5 generally has some pretty bad-looking animations and the characters often appear deformed even when they're in focus.

linkenski wrote:
anime animation

anime anime :D

Then what do you call it? The quality of the animation in the anime is what I'm talking about.

My last post was just a joke about how you said basically the same word twice in two different languages.
linkenski wrote:
the animation in the anime

Now that I see it, you've done it again xD

Animatioception. ~(O>O)~

Last edited by Sligneris on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

linkenski wrote:
If we're talking PLvsAA level of quality in anime animation, then I'd like to see it, but GS5 generally has some pretty bad-looking animations and the characters often appear deformed even when they're in focus.

Funny you'd say that when it's the same animation studio that's in charge of both games' animations: Bones. They weren't that bad with GS5; a little sloppiness means there's been either budget or time cuts involved. PLvsAA had a larger scale of planning that went into it, since two major game companies were working on a collab game together. GS5, meanwhile, was expected to get good sales numbers anyway, so a slight drop in quality wouldn't have too much of an effect in the long term.

As long as we don't have some of what Toei has done to certain popular anime in the past.

linkenski wrote:
Then what do you call it? The quality of the animation in the anime is what I'm talking about.

Since this is a Japanese-originated video game... animation :)

I disagree. Bones made the anime cutscenes for PL4, PL5 and PL6 too and they're all on PLvsAA's level of quality. If it's capcom they just keep it relatively lower-budget, to the point where I think i'd rather stick with the good old cinematic images/slides as in how they did in the older games.

1000% Knight

Yeah, some of those cutscenes, were... erm...

For instance, the cutscene at the start of the Nick v Edgey court trial... Their faces were just........ ew.

The cutscenes were nice having them scattered throughout the case, but I wish the intros were like the previous games rather than animations.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
For instance, the cutscene at the start of the Nick v Edgey court trial... Their faces were just........ ew.

Hm... I can't say I disagree, especially in Edgeworth's case

Althought I don't remember it happening very often in other cutscenes.

Yes. Especially the intros. The way they were done in AJ worked really well, and I wish they'd stick with that. I just think some of GS5's anime cutscenes came off as cringe-worthy.

And Sligneris. Let me refresh your memory then:

...It's just me or I see nothing wrong.

Art Person

That cutscene looks fine.
I must admit, that even a few professional animes have some 'ill drawn' stills, but I don't think that any in Dual Destinies look all that bad.

Personally, I'd like to see Gumshoe back as detective, and instead of Pearl and Klavier, Maybe Franziska and Maya? (I'd like to see them return) Also, I'd really love it if it were a "Mia Fey: Ace Attorney", with Mia, Diego and Grossberg. (And young Maya, and possibly pre-lawyer Phoenix. Maybe Mia and Blackquill even meet!?)

Beauty and grace.

Awks, gonna kinda revive a dead topic but I wanted to throw my own two cents into this.

There are some things that are gonna be definite in GS6, such as Phoenix, Apollo, and Athena being the main characters (NONE OF THEM are getting put on a bus). Ema will probably have to come back as the detective too, and honestly I'm hoping for no more new prosecutors, though that's always been the trend of AA to introduce in a new one for each game so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

In the GS5 Official Artbook, it's been shown that they were toying around with the idea of introducing Apollo's dad into the series (which was Clay's original role, omfg) so it's not as if they wanted to ignore the loose plotlines in AA4. But of course, they're trying to introduce in new players, so they wanted to keep things simple. So definitely, now that it's been shown that Apollo's super popular with the fanbase, they'll add more focus to him and the plotlines from AA4.

What I'm hoping for is a case with each defense attorney facing his or her respective prosecutor, but with most of the focus being on Apollo and Athena since Phoenix has basically developed enough for there to be no more to do with him without forcing it. Plus, I'm surprised no one's mentioned this, but I really want a Kristoph cameo. I did like how his influence on Apollo was shown in AA5 without blatantly stating it but I really wanna see the effect he had on Klavier as well.

Apollon Flame

These are my thoughts as to who should star in GS6, be it as a mentioning or physical appearance:

Spoiler: HEAVY Spoilers
A.) Phoenix Wright - (DUH!) We should only play as him for a single case, seeing as how I want the attention to be focused on Apollo and Athena, the next bigshot Ace Attorneys of the series.

B.) Mia Fey - She should only be mentioned, and if Maya makes an appearance, channel her just to see her interact with everybody.

C.) Maya Fey - (Again, DUH!) It's the reason Pearls even appears twice in the game, as a nod that the developers acknowledge that she still exists and will get attention.

D.) Miles Edgeworth - He should at least be mentioned or make a brief appearance like Klavier did in case three or even be the rival prosecutor for the sole case I want Nick to star in, and please, let said case not be in the last one, all the drama needs to fall on the newer attorneys.

E.) Dick Gumshoe - At least be briefly mentioned, make a small appearance or be the game's detective alongside Ema (assuming he isn't Chief Detective, seeing as how he matured a lot during GK2).

F.) Larry Butz - He, AT LEAST, should be mentioned, heck, I'm not having a hard time picturing him flirting with Athena. *snort*

G.) Judge - (DUH!) He's a staple of the series by now.

H.) Wendy Oldbag - She deserves a mention, maybe even a sarcastic comment towards Edgeworth from Phoenix. xD

I.) Missile - 'Cause's he's boss, yo. :jake:

J.) Ema Skye - I want her to keep being the series' detective.

K.) Maggey Byrde - By this time in history, Gumshoe and her should be married and have a small Gumshoe with her badluck. xDD They either need to mention her and their kid.

L.) Franziska von Karma - Seeing as how she's an Interpol prosecutor and the government has apprehended an international spy, I wouldn't doubt that the Interpol want to get their hands on him.

M.) Pearl Fey - She should interact a bit more with Trucy and Apollo. :v

N.) Judge's brother - He should at least oversee one of the cases.

O.) Apollo Justice - (le-DUH!, part three) Focus should be on the future of his career and his relationship with Trucy and Thalassa.

P.) Trucy Wright - (DUH!) Again, they should touch her relationship with Apollo and Lamiroir.

Q.) Klavier Gavin - Should be Apollo's rival prosecutor in a case or two.

R.) Valant Gramarye - I feel it's not the last of him. With how fame and money grubbing he was, I wouldn't doubt that he would dare do something as extreme as to hurt Trucy and kidnap Thalassa all in the name of him staying with the Gramarye legacy. '_'

S.) Thalassa Gramarye - They DEFINITELY should let that skeleton of Apollo, Trucy and her being related outside of the closet.

T.) Kay Faraday - It's high time they started connecting GS with GK a lot more, but just mention her.

U.) Shi-Lon Lang - Again, if the Interpol put their hands on the Phantom case, they should have him appear. Heck, I wouldn't doubt that the Phantom did something to damage Zheng-Fa or even the House of Lang.

V.) Tyrell Badd - He was definitely free form police custody during the ending of GK2, so he could be our Chief Detective if Gumshoe doesn't have that post.

W.) Simon Blackquill - By now, he should be Athena's prosecutor rival and we need to see more of him outside the courtroom. :v

X.) the Phantom - I feel as if the developers left him alive in order to use him for something in the next game.

Y.) Gaspen Payne - He should be the new Winston Payne. (Although I would like that Capcom maximize their use of already established prosecutors, I would scratch him and have the tutorial case be handled with Apollo Vs. Klavier, seeing as how I'm not having a hard time imagining Gavin momentarily taking over the reins of the courtroom in order to explain some things to Herr Forehead and, at the same time, make him look like an idiot xD).

Z.) Juniper Woods - She should be what Larry was to Nick, but to Athena: that silly bff that's ALWAYS in trouble.

AA.) Characters from the Monstrous Turnabout - They should be referenced.

AB.) O'Conner & Robins - They should be referenced, too.

AC.) Characters from the Cosmic Turnabout: Should be referenced, too.

AD.) Characters from Turnabout Reclaimed: Again, they deserve a mention. Heck, they can make a case take place in the other aquarium: Supermarine and have some of the characters (perhaps the vet) make a small comeback.

As much as I would like for characters from GS4 to make a small appearance or reference, I'm doubting it. :sadshoe:
A King

in name

alone...
Page 3 of 5 [ 198 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps