Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 34 of 42[ 1676 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Re: GS6 IdeasTopic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

Don't worry, I can comfort you. I'm right here. With you. Forever.
//Watson
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

GoingforMiles wrote:
linkenski wrote:
I thought Athena's theme and Apollo's theme playing was an immersion breaker, and it felt like they were stalking me as a player (call me paranoid)

Hahaha, I thought about that as well. For instance, I remember Phoenix going to the hallway in the Space center for no reason, and Athena was there already... Staring at me... Smiling... Okay, I know you're the assistant, but how loyal can a person be? Why follow me when I'm obviously just walking around like an idiot? And how the hell did you get there before me?

It reminds me about this a little: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk

I wouldn't say it's as bad as with Watson here. AA doesn't allow much room for walking around in the first place, so everyone, the player included, doesn't move around much except through the teleport buttons.

Now, if it was in an AAI game where Kay would randomly appear on-screen whenever Edgeworth walks off and back, that would be more like it.

linkenski wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Same here. Optional dialogue branches are always welcome, but you really want to avoid sidetracking too much, especially in a mystery-driven game. I don't see visiting extra characters in a case that they're not involved in as that amazing, and there was always that option to visit Trucy/Apollo mid-case in DD anyway.

That said, if we want doting-dad Phoenix, we could always have him present Trucy's profile pic.

Now that you mention it, GS6, is kinda like the JFA of the new series (placement-wise (hopefully..!)) so I hope we can present profiles in it. It felt completely vice versa how you couldn't present profiles in DD whenever you wanted to but you could in PLvPWAA and you didn't even have to do it at any point in the game xD

We only had the option to present anything in court, though, so it kinda loses some of the appeal whenever you present it, only to get a penalty in your face. What a huge wasted opportunity. (:3
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Well, obviously it's not as bad as with Watson. Hence why I said it "reminds me" of it. "A little".

It could potentially be worse in AAI with both Kay and Gumshoe appearing out of nowhere. N-nowhere to run...!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

One in front of you, and you just know that the other one is right behind you... blocking the exit.

Servant of the Goddess of Law

I still want to know how they are going to do Objection 201X, like will they make an original objection theme? Or will they remix 2001 or 2002

Y'know

I said it before, I'd want them to mix all three original trilogy themes into one objection theme for Phoenix =D

Nearavex wrote:
I said it before, I'd want them to mix all three original trilogy themes into one objection theme for Phoenix =D

Like something similar with the orchestra soundtrack? Also what I hope is they remix Pursuit~Cornered in at least one future game.

Y'know

Gammalad wrote:
Like something similar with the orchestra soundtrack?.

Nah, not really. More like this piece, except with Objection themes instead of Court Begins themes.

Nearavex wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
Like something similar with the orchestra soundtrack?.

Nah, not really. More like this piece, except with Objection themes instead of Court Begins themes.

Oh yeah that would be pretty neat! Makes me wish they would give us some more news on GS6 or DGS

Gardevoir lover

I want to see Trucy give testimony at some point, i think she's the one assistant who hasn't done that yet.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Y'know

Huh? I don't really remember Kay or Athena giving testimony.

Gettin' Old!

Nearavex wrote:
Huh? I don't really remember Kay or Athena giving testimony.

In a spoiler so minor it's not worth putting in a box: Kay does in AAI2.

Also
Spoiler: DD Case 5
Did Athena not give testimony in case 5? Whether for the mood matrix or something else about the case all them years ago?

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Y'know

Spoiler: 5-5
I know we objected to her claim about the blade used, but I can't recall if it was in testimony or as evidence presenting.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Nearavex wrote:
I know we objected to her claim about the blade used, but I can't recall if it was in testimony or as evidence presenting.

It's not a testimony, but you do need to present evidence in order to point out the contradiction.

No what I want to see is Apollo be put on trial for something I mean hes the only person in the main cast to not be charged with something Wright and Maya have both been on trial about 3 times each, and Athena as well. I think it would be interesting to see Apollo charged with something.

Y'know

There is a common idea to have Apollo accused of murdering Thalassa, but I myself am a bit hyped about the idea of Apollo confronting Phoenix about said relation during the investigation - instead, I'd go with Trucy, instead.

Nearavex wrote:
There is a common idea to have Apollo accused of murdering Thalassa, but I myself am a bit hyped about the idea of Apollo confronting Phoenix about said relation during the investigation - instead, I'd go with Trucy, instead.

Haven't we had enough "I murdered my mother" cases though :s. But I do hope they play the reveal in a good way. I don't want to see this turn into the Liar Revealed story.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

First rule of AA characters: If a parent is mentioned, they have died or will die.

Spoiler:
Athena, Apollo, Trucy, Miles, Franziska, Mia, Maya, Ema, Lana, Lauren, Kay

MBr wrote:
First rule of AA characters: If a parent is mentioned, they have died or will die.

Spoiler:

Phoenix is actually the only exception

Enoshima Junko-chan!

And perhaps Gumshoe. He mentions his father in 3-5

I've felt worse.

JesusMonroe wrote:
MBr wrote:

Spoiler:

Why does everyone forget that Wocky's parents are still alive?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Cause Wocky is a tool

Am I the only one who wants Missile back on a case? A missing-person incident might just be what is needed to spice it up a bit.

sumguy28 wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
MBr wrote:

Spoiler:

Why does everyone forget that Wocky's parents are still alive?

We could probably include Oldbag's son, then. I mean, she's probably still alive and kicking, but you never know...

You know, a Mario game!

Gammalad wrote:
Nearavex wrote:

Haven't we had enough "I murdered my mother" cases though :s. But I do hope they play the reveal in a good way. I don't want to see this turn into the Liar Revealed story.

We've only had 2. There are cliches that appear much more than that, such as the "victim writing the killer's name" cliche. I'm absolutely sick of that cliche, it's been in every single game!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
Nearavex wrote:

We've only had 2. There are cliches that appear much more than that, such as the "victim writing the killer's name" cliche. I'm absolutely sick of that cliche, it's been in every single game!

And almost every time it's happened, aside from two times, it's not the victim who wrote it. However, as trite as it has become, this is still one of the simplest and most direct ways to set up a framing. It'd be pretty awkward in crime mystery fiction to NOT include that much of it.

Murder of a parent, however, should be used with more discretion. There are only so many dead parents fans are willing to toss their disbelief aside for. I personally don't see the point of having Thalassa murdered. She's long disappeared from their lives and had plenty of opportunities to return, unlike in Misty's case, but didn't. Its only shock factor would be when Trucy and Apollo realize that's their mom. (And Phoenix is just going to wing it and say "I was going to tell you, but the time wasn't right." To which, Apollo will sock him in the face. Hey, maybe we can see it in animation~) On the bright side, I suppose it'd be an easy way to bring back Maya to channel their dead mom for some answers.

No, Thalassa should return, but stay alive; maybe become a suspect herself, so Apollo can defend her. That's the biggest offer of filial respect a son could give. The resolution of such a case would be suitable for her confession.

And then they all lived happily ever after~! ...Meh.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
And then they all lived happily ever after~! ...Meh.

And then they announce GS7 :P

You know, a Mario game!

I've said this before, but I want to see Apollo accused of murder. He's the only one of the main playable characters who's never been a defendant. Maybe you get to choose whether Apollo defends himself, or get Phoenix do defend him. I'd like the games to have more of a Mass Effect-esque decision system, it would make them more immersive.
My Twitter Account

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

dimentiorules wrote:
I've said this before, but I want to see Apollo accused of murder. He's the only one of the main playable characters who's never been a defendant. Maybe you get to choose whether Apollo defends himself, or get Phoenix do defend him. I'd like the games to have more of a Mass Effect-esque decision system, it would make them more immersive.

I hate to shoot that idea down, but if you've heard some bts comments on the branching paths of Mass Effect, you'd realize that in order to have the amount of writing AA has and then a decision-making system on top of it would most likely mean that as a part of the budget restraints Capcom would have to cut out tons of potential dialogue just to make two different versions of the same story for instance.

In other words, you'd get shorter cases and a shorter game. Replayability would grow but I think it increases the chance of getting worse storytelling since then Capcom would not only have to make sure there are no contradictions in a linear story, they'd also have to check that every decision doesn't lead up to branching paths that don't mix well together and stuff like that. I don't think Ace Attorney is the franchise to be fit for decision making unless Capcom kicks up the budget and team-size, or just the writing team. I'm not much of a developer myself, but looking at what Mass Effect became, I think it's best to leave choice-gameplay out if we want better stories.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

You know, a Mario game!

I had an idea for a new prosecutor in GS6. A very old, veteran prosecutor in his 90s who hasn't prosecuted in over 10 years, who turns out to be the one who taught Manfred Von Karma how to prosecute 50+ years ago. He's close to death, and he's like the End from Metal Gear Solid 3, wanting one last case before he dies. He ends up being even more ruthless than Von Karma was, and strikes fear into the hearts of Apollo and Athena. He attempts to murder Phoenix, as he was the one who got his protege sent to prison. He ends up being the one who hired The Phantom, as well as the one who shot him after he ended up being useless to him.
My Twitter Account

Enoshima Junko-chan!

It would be a good change of pace from our super young attorneys.

Y'know

dimentiorules wrote:
I had an idea for a new prosecutor in GS6. A very old, veteran prosecutor in his 90s who hasn't prosecuted in over 10 years, who turns out to be the one who taught Manfred Von Karma how to prosecute 50+ years ago. He's close to death, and he's like the End from Metal Gear Solid 3, wanting one last case before he dies.

I likes it up to this part, somehow. Then, somehow, it went downhill.

Why would the Veteran Prosecutor hire the Phantom to blow up the HAT-1 and 2? I always assumed it was just Russians impeding the space race but DD does seem to hint that we'll be getting an answer to it. Maybe the villain's father was stabbed to death by a gang of rocketships

Y'know

In Japanese version it was quite obviously Americans.

Do the Japanese then think that America is pulling out the facade of Justice well, but then suddenly sucks as soon as accused, despite alleged professionalism? That's harsh.

dimentiorules wrote:
I had an idea for a new prosecutor in GS6. A very old, veteran prosecutor in his 90s who hasn't prosecuted in over 10 years, who turns out to be the one who taught Manfred Von Karma how to prosecute 50+ years ago. He's close to death, and he's like the End from Metal Gear Solid 3, wanting one last case before he dies. He ends up being even more ruthless than Von Karma was, and strikes fear into the hearts of Apollo and Athena. He attempts to murder Phoenix, as he was the one who got his protege sent to prison. He ends up being the one who hired The Phantom, as well as the one who shot him after he ended up being useless to him.

He's a 90 year-old veteran prosecutor-sniper who taught a man who only cared for his perfect self and tries to murder a lawyer who has absolutely no combat experience and still fails, and somehow ends up admitting that he's responsible for the space center sabotage cases. The only way I can see this ending is that he blows himself up with a bomb he has strapped on himself and takes the detention center with him.

Art Person

dimentiorules wrote:

I think you're linking this guy way too many links. I do like the idea of a near-death prosecutor who's not bound by social norms, and will act reckless because he knows he's not going to get punished. Just get rid of the link to von Karma, and killing the Phantom. (He could've hired the phantom at one point, and could answer these questions.)

I do like the idea of him threatening to kill the immortal Phoenix Wright, (and then Trucy's suspected of killing the old man with her ninja stars. Where'd they come from again?) as a means to get his way.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Trucy actually uses throwing knives.

There needs to be a case where Phoenix and Apollo work together. I'd like to see what Apollo thinks of Phoenix with his badge.

Spoiler:
I wonder if anyone noticed I forgot Regina in that list...

And Jinxie, sort of.

Now that I think of it, while working on a certain project, we need a vigilante character who breaks glass in the roof and them jumps straight behind the witness stand to testify.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

A perfect opportunity for Kay to enter, followed by Edgeworth awkwardly explaining how he knows her.

I never thought the courthouse would have glass ceilings, especially after the whole bombing incident. You'd think they'd reinforce them with bulletproof shielding.

Besides, entering through the front doors like a badass is worth the few seconds spent posing for the cameras.

Page 34 of 42 [ 1676 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)