Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 7 of 8[ 283 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: Meiji-era Dai Gyakuten Saiban for 3DS - Ideas/DiscussionTopic%20Title

Y'know

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
As for Susato, I'd say "Susan Miko" is as short and simple as you can get. It's not too far from her original name, but it's also less of a mouthful than "Mikotoba".

I really don't understand why Ryu can't be called "Drake", though. Drakes are birds... ducks, actually...

Nah, I'm not a fan of overly americanizing things - how about "Susa Miko"?

It doesn't sound completely foreign, but at least it doesn't feel like she's named after a character from a soap opera.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Still, I think "Ace Coleman" deserves some praise.

Also, I came up with a good (yet lame) English name for Baroque:

Brock van Pyre.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

W101 and P101 player; Ace Attorney fan

I have been doing some evaluation of "Ace Attorney Legends" (as I decided to put it for now), and here are my current thoughts:

Learning that Wright is a surname of English, Scottish, and Northern Irish origin, Phoenix's ancestor can be an international student that's part of a global law program for law students studying abroad. (In the protagonist's case, he's studying abroad in Japan.)

If there's not enough actors/actresses from LA and Canada who can nail an English accent for sure, Capcom US will also have to consider looking to Level5's cast for their expertise. This came to my mind upon realizing how much the game is going to be oriented around in Japan and England (as of right now). (It is also up to Capcom US to decide whether or not the Japanese characters should sound more Asian or English.) I also thought of Level5 cuz the graphics def look reminiscent to graphics in AAvsPL, albeit this game's design is polished up.

I also worry about the speech box sounds. When I play Ace Attorney, the people around me are constantly annoyed by the bippity bip sound of the words typing in the box. I'm not sure if this is something Takumi wants to keep signature to the game. (I know that you can skip ahead now by pressing B, but when you can't do anything about the text being typed?)

Y'know

Frankly, even the simplest solution could work - they could even go for "Raito".

Also for the Capcom US team, they'll most likely continue with the Greek first name trope for the main protagonist/lawyer.

The first name then oughta be something that means "messenger", "predecessor", "herald", or anything along those lines.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Nearavex wrote:
As for Susato, I'd say "Susan Miko" is as short and simple as you can get. It's not too far from her original name, but it's also less of a mouthful than "Mikotoba".

I really don't understand why Ryu can't be called "Drake", though. Drakes are birds... ducks, actually...

Nah, I'm not a fan of overly americanizing things - how about "Susa Miko"?

It doesn't sound completely foreign, but at least it doesn't feel like she's named after a character from a soap opera.

Do you mean "Susan Miko" sounds like a character from a soap opera, or are you talking about something else entirely? Anyway, I wouldn't think it's overdoing anything, and "Susa" doesn't sound Japanese.

Ok, I searched it online, and apparently, it's Finnish. Eeeh, that might not work out.

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Still, I think "Ace Coleman" deserves some praise.

Also, I came up with a good (yet lame) English name for Baroque:

Brock van Pyre.

Ow, that actually hurt. As amusing as it would be to see this come to fruition, I'm skeptical. Usually the naming conventions for prosecutors make a reference to literary sources, like stories and myths. They're much more thought out than a simple theme pun as for many witnesses.

Still, I won't put it past these people to come up with something related to vampires or even a character in the original tale of Dracula.

Forever Agent M wrote:
If there's not enough actors/actresses from LA and Canada who can nail an English accent for sure, Capcom US will also have to consider looking to Level5's cast for their expertise. This came to my mind upon realizing how much the game is going to be oriented around in Japan and England (as of right now). (It is also up to Capcom US to decide whether or not the Japanese characters should sound more Asian or English.) I also thought of Level5 cuz the graphics def look reminiscent to graphics in AAvsPL, albeit this game's design is polished up.

Except that Level-5 has nothing to do with this game. This is all on Capcom's shoulders.

Quote:
I also worry about the speech box sounds. When I play Ace Attorney, the people around me are constantly annoyed by the bippity bip sound of the words typing in the box. I'm not sure if this is something Takumi wants to keep signature to the game. (I know that you can skip ahead now by pressing B, but when you can't do anything about the text being typed?)

The blips are signature of the AA series, so I don't think they'll do much about it. Still, to fit with the overall theme of the game, the blips of this game may be changed for something less mechanical-sounding... or more, now that I think about it.

Nearavex wrote:
Frankly, even the simplest solution could work - they could even go for "Raito".

Yeah, it could work, but it'd be awkward for the locale team to explain how "Raito", perfectly Japanese in all its glory, ended up as "Wright". Was there an error during processing of his passport ID?

Forever Agent M wrote:
Also for the Capcom US team, they'll most likely continue with the Greek first name trope for the main protagonist/lawyer.

The first name then oughta be something that means "messenger", "predecessor", "herald", or anything along those lines.

All I'm coming up on this search engine is "Evangelos" for messenger, which could be shortened to "Evan" so it doesn't sound so clunky. But "Evan Wright" just sounds so plain.

...unless we're prepping ourselves for a puntastic time with "I'm Evan Wright about it!"

Speaking of "heralds", wasn't one of Phoenix's earliest entries for his name "Robert"? Why not use it now?

Then we will finally have a game where we can say "This is Bob and he's an Ace Attorney."
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Quote:
Forever Agent M wrote:

Except that Level-5 has nothing to do with this game. This is all on Capcom's shoulders.

Quote:

The blips are signature of the AA series, so I don't think they'll do much about it. Still, to fit with the overall theme of the game, the blips of this game may be changed for something less mechanical-sounding... or more, now that I think about it.

Forever Agent M wrote:

All I'm coming up on this search engine is "Evangelos" for messenger, which could be shortened to "Evan" so it doesn't sound so clunky. But "Evan Wright" just sounds so plain.

...unless we're prepping ourselves for a puntastic time with "I'm Evan Wright about it!"

Speaking of "heralds", wasn't one of Phoenix's earliest entries for his name "Robert"? Why not use it now?

Then we will finally have a game where we can say "This is Bob and he's an Ace Attorney."

Bolded points I agree with. Firstly, I only mentioned Level5's "cast", so that doesn't mean the company, itself, needs to play a part. I'm just saying that Level5 can just lend Capcom some English VA's for the game. Secondly, I would prefer a new sound for the game's blips (considering that over the development over new AA games, they have been adding more vivid sound effects for environmental interaction). Third, Bob is probably a really hilarious suggestion. HAHAHAHA

Anywho, I've looked into name possibilities a lot more. So far, I've thought of "Griffin Wright", "Asbolus Wright", and "Castor Wright" based on whatever I've researched.

I want to see a special DLC case with Phoenix and the rest of the main series crew where Phoenix learns about his ancestor through whatever case he's working and we get some much-needed insight into Phoenix's family, what his parents were like, what it was like for him growing up and all that. And then it alludes to the next game, which is a direct sequel to DD and involves Maya.

Given how we already have DLC for this game about Ryu and Asogi's time at the university, I'd think any other DLC for this game will be more like the special episodes of PLvsPW. They don't have to be full cases, but at least show enough of some extra trivia to add to the canon (or not).

But otherwise, yes. I'd love to see something like that. And Maya. At least give Nick some parents already, Capcom. He nearly had an identity crisis in one comic on the official fansite. ...Ok, so that's not canon, but it's relevant.

Or, maybe it's a bunch of concept art. That's very welcome too. Especially if there's one of an Edgeworth ancestor and we all get to laugh at how silly that man looks or something.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Ahem, excuse the double post, but this next idea was inspired by a recent dream: We should have a case involving martial arts so some sort.

Recalling that Doyle had written out his model character in "The Final Problem", due to public outcry, he was pressed to bring Holmes back in "The Adventure of the Empty House", supposedly set in 1894. And the given explanation for his survival was Holmes' secret knowledge of a certain "Japanese wrestling art" called baritsu.

Given that the official "Attorney's Act" that established the term "bengoshi" in Japan was passed in 1893, I think the dates work out.

Come on, Capcom, show us some buttkicking from a Holmes and Wright combo! Bust down any doors or crash through some windows if you have to! Have Holmes shout his name as he barges into a room filled with evildoers or something!

迷探偵

By Wright, do you mean the AA Wright, or Barton-Wright, inventor of bartitsu? Or does that mean...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

...they're one and the same? It may just be my headcanon for now, but if Capcom US localizes his first name as Edward, William, or Barton, I will cry tears of joy.

Think about it. When could Holmes possibly have learned a Japanese martial art, so he could have survived the death he faked? Perhaps when he met with a certain Japanese exchange student...?

Whew, I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm so hopeful.

迷探偵

(Speaking as a minor Holmesian here)

But The Final Problem happens in 1891, so Holmes had to know baritsu before DGS happens (because of the terms used).

I could go with a theory that the account given in The Empty House is based on DGS experiences, that is, Iris saw Ryuunosuke use baritsu and incorporated it in The Empty House, but that doesn't mean that DGS!Holmes knew baritsu during the actual events of The Final Problem (1891), only that Iris' fiction!Holmes knows baritsu (and only as a retcon).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Well, let's just say that Iris likes to exaggerate Holmes' greatness a bit. I like that theory; after meeting with Ryu, she could have been inspired to include such an art in her writing.

As for the actual DGS goof that is Sherlock Holmes, let's say he so happened to survive that fall through a miracle, quite like how Phoenix had survived his in 3-5.

...And on that thought, so could have Moriarty. Maybe he's even in this game too!?

Y'know

I feel like I'm going to really like Holmes in this game - he's obviously not as level-headed as he's portrayed in the books and tends to be a bit of a goofy show-off, but I'm under impression that he's going to be pretty sharp regardless.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Who would be a better choice for an English VA for Holmes? I'm stumped between either Stephen Merchant or Rufus Jones. Also, I'm still hearing Shulk as Ryuu. I mean, seriously, who else is imagining Adam Howden shouting "Yes, sir!"
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Who would be a better choice for an English VA for Holmes? I'm stumped between either Stephen Merchant or Rufus Jones. Also, I'm still hearing Shulk as Ryuu. I mean, seriously, who else is imagining Adam Howden shouting "Yes, sir!"

Those choices aren't shabby at all.

Also, it's a one-word interjection, so it's just "SIR"

Forever Agent M wrote:
Bolded points I agree with. Firstly, I only mentioned Level5's "cast", so that doesn't mean the company, itself, needs to play a part. I'm just saying that Level5 can just lend Capcom some English VA's for the game.

Not quite disagreeing, but this point is pretty much moot since Level-5 doesn't have an in-house cast of voice actors AFAIK; they outsource that work all the same. And if Dual Destinies is any indication, it's quite likely Capcom will contract Bang! Zoom to do the voice work.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

There is only one truth!

Immigrant from Detective Conan-land here. Here are some predictions I made on one of the forums there.

This person dies after or in the middle of the first case. (You might not want to look at this one...)
Spoiler: Evidence
RIP Mia Fey 2.0
Kazuma Asōgi is so dead that Ryuunosuke takes his hairband and wraps it around his sword in memory of his comrade. Also Kazuma has a star on his collar but not Ryuunosuke. Ryuunosuke has a hat with a star, so maybe it winds up there.

ImageImage

Someone gets stabbed to death with a sword.

Ancestor of Charley appears. In fact, I think I might see it in Ryuunosuke's attic room on the left side if that isn't a mop.

Baroque Bangieks ...
...is an Edgeworth ancestor. The hair is similar, sort of like how Ryuunosuke Naruhodou has a jaggy hairline (/\/\/\/\) like Phoenix Wright. Not to mention Baroque has the cravat version alpha. What convinced me he wasn't a Karma was the armwave bow. Image He also wears a belt buckle decorated with swords. Edgeworth/Mitsurugi has a sword motif because of his name. Swords in general seem to be a thing in this game, but Baroque goes beyond simply having one.
ImageImage
ImageImage

That slash across Baroque's face is relevant to a case in his past. Maybe his daddy got killed by....

...Moriarty as the final boss. (If we are lucky we get a sniper Moran too. And a Jack the Ripper, just because.)

Things that bother me.

Kazuma wears his armband on the opposite side as Ryuunosuke. Payne wears his on the same arm as Kazuma, but it may be that prosecutors go in reverse anyway. Why the difference? I don't think Kazuma is left handed because in the game play sample he looks to be drawing his sword with his right hand.

I can't help but notice Baroque's face looks a lot like Kazuma's if you slicked the hair back and greyed it. Are they maybe related?

Baroque's clocktower office has suits of armor that look a heck of a lot like the ones from Gant/Lana's office in Rise from the Ashes. Those suits are bad news IMO...

Name Guesses (All in Western order - Given Family)
-Quick Note: I'm not buying the theories saying the Japan half will be set in Japanifornia and that Japanese characters with get anglicized names.

Honosuke Raito for Ryūnosuke Naruhodō - He keeps a Japanese sounding name because he is obviously Japanese. Honoo (Hono for our western tastes) is for "fire" and nosuke is for the "herald of". He's the fire herald, and also a reference to the fire phoenix Houou. As a translation benefit, if any unavoidably draconic puns must be made, they can reference fire breathing. Raito is Wright backromanized. When the ancestor naturalized, he switched his name to an English-natural spelling like many immigrants do.

Ichi Ouchi for Taketsuchi Auchi - Ouchi makes the pun a little more obvious and encourages English speakers to pronounce it right. Ichi sounds like "itchy" which in the context of an ouchy is unpleasant sounding - a good feeling to capture for Payne and his ilk. Ichi also means "one", which makes translating Auchi's inevitable "I'm the best" boasts all that much easier.

Susa Mikotoba for Susato Mikotoba - It's a Japanese name. The given name drops the -to so it sounds a bit more feminine to western ears. Susa can pick up Susie or Susan as a nickname for English benefit. "Miko" is a fairly recognizable Japanese word (a priestess) and "Mikotoba" is fairly easy to say. The family name is unlikely to be used often since she is an assistant so it doesn't matter if it is unfamiliar.

Kaze Asōgi for Kazuma Asōgi - This guy is tough because he will need a Japanese name. He might as well keep the original (A reference to teamwork and one truth), but I think some things can be done to make the breeze motif come out more. English-speakers, and especially Americans, are somewhat likely to know the word kaze (wind) from the suicide pilots' kamikaze (divine wind).

Bram Valkyr for Baroque Bangieks - This is a hard one because Shu declined to name the references. Bram is from Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, since I'm getting a pretty strong vampire vibe from Baroque. I want the given name to start with a B like the Japanese counterpart. The family name needs to reference something to do with psychopomps or the underword to complete the prosecutor's theme. After drawing many blanks, I picked Valkyr, an obvious reference to Valkyries. It covers ferrying off the fallen, fighting, and flying (to reference the shadowy bird wings we saw in his intro). It also starts with a V like the Japanese counterpart (V/B being a thing in Japanese). "Prosecutor Valkyr" sounds awesome enough.

I'll append to this post as I feel like it.

Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 am, edited 14 times in total.

Welcome to the Court. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
This person dies after or in the middle of the first case. (You might not want to look at this one...)
RIP Mia Fey 2.0
Kazuma Asōgi is so dead that Ryuunosuke takes his hairband and wraps it around his sword in memory of his comrade. Also Kazuma has a star on his collar but not Ryuunosuke. Ryuunosuke has a hat with a star, so maybe it winds up there.

ImageImage

Spoiler:
I started up a storm on tumblr when I first theorized about this.
I don't believe the star plays as important of a role. At this time in Japanese history, lawyers were among the enforcers, able to bear arms like soldiers, but were completely separate from the military. The stars are pins to signify their rank. It's the armbands that acts like their attorney's badges, however.

Quote:
Ancestor of Charley appears. In fact, I think I might see it in Ryuunosuke's attic room on the left side if that isn't a mop.

Huh? What's this about an attic? We don't see Ryu's home anywhere.

Quote:
Baroque Bangieks ...
...is an Edgeworth ancestor. The hair is similar, sort of like how Ryuunosuke Naruhodou has a jaggy hairline (/\/\/\/\) like Phoenix Wright. Not to mention Baroque has the cravat version alpha. What convinced me he wasn't a Karma was the armwave bow. Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spoiler:
I really doubt it. Edgeworth, namely Mitsurugi, is inherently Japanese. It's by localization that he was changed to "American", which could be all kinds of whatever.

The hairline is similar, but many men who prefer to pull their hair back can form that sort of ridge. Maybe it's just me, but the facial features don't look similar enough. It could just be a matter of art style or the whole 100-year difference, but I've just got this feeling.

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

There is only one truth!

Welcome to the Court. We hope you enjoy your stay.
Quote:

Huh? What's this about an attic? We don't see Ryu's home anywhere.

Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure this is a lawyer's office of some sort. The asian-style scoop thing (I forget what that is called) in the extreme foreground means a Japanese person occupies it. Also the fact that it is a complete disaster suggests it is Ryu's. I can't tell if it is Japan or England, but I'm going to guess England in a rented attic because it isn't likely Ryu could afford a proper office as an exchange student in England, whereas in Japan he should have a more normal-looking space.

Quote:
Baroque Bangieks ...
...is an Edgeworth ancestor. The hair is similar, sort of like how Ryuunosuke Naruhodou has a jaggy hairline (/\/\/\/\) like Phoenix Wright. Not to mention Baroque has the cravat version alpha. What convinced me he wasn't a Karma was the armwave bow. Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

Spoiler:
I really doubt it. Edgeworth, namely Mitsurugi, is inherently Japanese. It's by localization that he was changed to "American", which could be all kinds of whatever.

The hairline is similar, but many men who prefer to pull their hair back can form that sort of ridge. Maybe it's just me, but the facial features don't look similar enough. It could just be a matter of art style or the whole 100-year difference, but I've just got this feeling.

Spoiler:
Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that Baroque has a sword motif going. Look at that belt buckle.

He's got that mix of Edgeworth and Edgeworth's prototype before Shu settled down on making Edgeworth a nice young man (and von Karma a cantankerous old bastard). It isn't impossible for Baroque to travel abroad after everything is done and settle down with a nice Japanese woman, especially after his interactions with Ryuu. I don't think that the game will rub it in our face the guy is an Edgeworth ancestor because that would simply be too much cheese. I expect that a stronger hint will only come out at the final case celebration.

I am bothered by the similarities between Kazuma and Baroque. It could be same-face-itis, but are we sure Baroque doesn't have any Japanese connections? (Too early to tell)

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure this is a lawyer's office of some sort. The asian-style scoop thing (I forget what that is called) in the extreme foreground means a Japanese person occupies it. Also the fact that it is a complete disaster suggests it is Ryu's. I can't tell if it is Japan or England, but I'm going to guess England in a rented attic because it isn't likely Ryu could afford a proper office as an exchange student in England, whereas in Japan he should have a more normal-looking space.

What this picture tells me is a truly tragic tale. If this is truly his office, Phoenix's own ancestor is pro-ladder.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's just called a garden ladle. And his time in Japan would be when he's still a student, so he might not have established his own firm yet, so it probably is somewhere in London.

On that thought, for a young aspiring Japanese lawyer to go overseas and establish a firm in England of all places, it gives me a thought. What if this game is meant to act like a bridge between the original GS games and the localized variations? It'd actually give the theory that Phoenix is Japanese more substance.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that Baroque has a sword motif going. Look at that belt buckle.

He's got that mix of Edgeworth and Edgeworth's prototype before Shu settled down on making Edgeworth a nice young man (and von Karma a cantankerous old bastard). It isn't impossible for Baroque to travel abroad after everything is done and settle down with a nice Japanese woman, especially after his interactions with Ryuu. I don't think that the game will rub it in our face the guy is an Edgeworth ancestor because that would simply be too much cheese. I expect that a stronger hint will only come out at the final case celebration.

I am bothered by the similarities between Kazuma and Baroque. It could be same-face-itis, but are we sure Baroque doesn't have any Japanese connections? (Too early to tell)

Spoiler:
I can definitely see the similarities, but likewise, some of Phoenix's early designs looked kinda like Apollo. I don't believe the two are actually related.

I'll say it's a matter of same-face-itis. Anime art styles do that a lot.

There is only one truth!

I finished my name predictions. They are in the above post, but I am tired of editing it.

(All in Western order - Given Family)
-Quick Note: I'm not buying the theories saying the Japan half will be set in Japanifornia and that Japanese characters with get anglicized names.

Honosuke Raito for Ryūnosuke Naruhodō - He keeps a Japanese sounding name because he is obviously Japanese. Honoo (Hono for our western tastes) is for "fire" and nosuke is for the "herald of". He's the fire herald, and also a reference to the fire phoenix Houou. As a translation benefit, if any unavoidably draconic puns must be made, they can reference fire breathing. Raito is Wright backromanized. When the ancestor naturalized, he switched his name to an English-natural spelling like many immigrants do.

Ichi Ouchi for Taketsuchi Auchi - Ouchi makes the pun a little more obvious and encourages English speakers to pronounce it right. Ichi sounds like "itchy" which in the context of an ouchy is unpleasant sounding - a good feeling to capture for Payne and his ilk. Ichi also means "one", which makes translating Auchi's inevitable "I'm the best" boasts all that much easier.

Susa Mikotoba for Susato Mikotoba - It's a Japanese name. The given name drops the -to so it sounds a bit more feminine to western ears. Susa can pick up Susie or Susan as a nickname for English benefit. "Miko" is a fairly recognizable Japanese word (a priestess) and "Mikotoba" is easy to say. The family name is unlikely to be used often since she is an assistant so it doesn't matter if it is unfamiliar.

Kaze Asōgi for Kazuma Asōgi - This guy is tough because he will need a Japanese name. He might as well keep the original (A reference to teamwork and one truth), but I think some things can be done to make the breeze motif come out more. English-speakers, and especially Americans, are somewhat likely to know the word kaze (wind) from the suicide pilots' kamikaze (divine wind).

Bram Valkyr for Baroque Bangieks - This is a hard one because Shu declined to name the references. Bram is from Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, since I'm getting a pretty strong vampire vibe from Baroque. I want the given name to start with a "B" like the Japanese counterpart. The family name needs to reference something to do with psychopomps or the underword to complete the prosecutor's theme. After drawing many blanks, I picked Valkyr, an obvious reference to Valkyries. It covers ferrying off the fallen, fighting, and flying (to reference the shadowy bird wings we saw in his intro). It also starts with a V like the Japanese version (V/B overlap being a thing in Japanese). "Prosecutor Valkyr" sounds awesome enough.

Iris Watson and Sherlock Holmes can stay as they are.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Honosuke Raito for Ryūnosuke Naruhodō

Somebody praise this guy!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Okay, I've finished my VA choices. I'm using Chekhov's names as reference.

Honosuke Raito - Adam Howden (Shulk)
Susa Mikotoba - Joanna Ruiz (Espella)
Ichi Ouchi - Tim Watson (Mumkhar from Xenoblade)
Sherlock Holmes - Stephen Merchant (Wheatley from Portal)
Iris Watson - Maria Darling (UK Luke Triton)
Kaze Asogi - Blake Ritson (Alvis from Xenoblade)
Bram Valkyr - Rufus Jones (Dunban from Xenoblade)

Gardevoir lover

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Okay, I've finished my VA choices. I'm using Chekhov's names as reference.

Honosuke Raito - Adam Howden (Shulk)
Susa Mikotoba - Joanna Ruiz (Espella)
Ichi Ouchi - Tim Watson (Mumkhar from Xenoblade)
Iris Watson - Maria Darling (UK Luke Triton)
Kaze Asogi - Blake Ritson (Alvis from Xenoblade)
Bram Valkyr - Rufus Jones (Dunban from Xenoblade)

I'm totally pro Ryu wright being voiced by Shulk.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

There is only one truth!

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Honosuke Raito for Ryūnosuke Naruhodō

Somebody praise this guy!
:edgey:

I just realized something. In my naming scheme we have a fire guy ("Honosuke Raito") and a wind guy ("Kaze Asōgi"). I should have done something to the others so we have the other elements water and earth. Susato can be one of those (Water because she rains on your parade from the sidelines while you try to puzzle out the next clues?). I don't know what to do about Earth, maybe force it on Auchi somehow so all the elements are assembled in the first case? (Throw in Heart and they can summon Captain Planet)

The Iris/Sherlock ensemble could also pick up Earth. (Irises grow from the earth and HOLE-mes are dug in the ground, right? ... *crickets*). Mr. Oddly-Named Prosecutor needs to have Darkness/Night to oppose Raito's light instead, even if the other element names gets dropped. It would be too perfect not to. (Prosecutor Bram ____nyx, that would sound really cool and continue the roman/greek god trend (except with the Prosecutor).) Valnyx, Valnox, Balnyx, Bannox, still thinking...

Someone help me out please!

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
I can hear this one. It would really match the personality.

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
RIP Mia Fey 2.0

ImageImage

Spoiler:
I started up a storm on tumblr when I first theorized about this.
I don't believe the star plays as important of a role. At this time in Japanese history, lawyers were among the enforcers, able to bear arms like soldiers, but were completely separate from the military. The stars are pins to signify their rank. It's the armbands that acts like their attorney's badges, however.

I am not too sure about it. On all the official artworks the two bands have a different shade of red, so how is it supposed to be the same?
Although I agree it's pretty likely Asōgi will die or disappear in another way during/after the first case.

Colors fade with time. More importantly, the sword is exactly the same. It looks like a family heirloom or at least one with a rather high level of craft. In any case, it's not a model that they issue to everyone. Lawyers have the right to bear arms at this time, but it doesn't mean they're all issued like with the police.

I've had this theory for a while that the difference between the first case and the second is a great leap in time. It's not just a matter of a few months off; it's an entire year. (Speaking of which, Mia did the same after her first case...)

Colors fade with time. More importantly, the sword is exactly the same. It looks like a family heirloom or at least one with a rather high level of craft. In any case, it's not a model that they issue to everyone. Lawyers have the right to bear arms at this time, but it doesn't mean they're all issued like with the police.

I've had this theory for a while that the difference between the first case and the second is a great leap in time. It's not just a matter of a few months off; it's an entire year. (Speaking of which, Mia did the same after her first case...)

Hmm, that does make sense and the swords are indeed basically identical. Looking at screenshots of the first trial it looks like Ryunosuke doesn't has his sword at this point in time.

You can see Asōgi's sword beneath the text box, but not Ryu's.

Here you can see Ryu's sword beneath the text box.

I retract my earlier statement and agree with you now.

Spoiler:
The real Watson is going to be the Case 1 victim.Now I definitely didn't see that one coming.So I guess we know can be sure the reason Holmes is taking care of Iris.Now I think it's less likely that Susato isn't going to have a dead/missing parents backstory,since we already have Iris for that.(Unless he wasn't her father,but he was still probably taking care of her)

Also,now I'm more sure that the plot of the first case is going to be connected to later case,since we already have a possible overarching plot.
Signature loading, please wait...

The video game boy; the one who wins

Holy Crab, that's interesting :o
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

cesar26100 wrote:
Spoiler:
The real Watson is going to be the Case 1 victim.Now I definitely didn't see that one coming.So I guess we know can be sure the reason Holmes is taking care of Iris.Now I think it's less likely that Susato isn't going to have a dead/missing parents backstory,since we already have Iris for that.(Unless he wasn't her father,but he was still probably taking care of her)

Also,now I'm more sure that the plot of the first case is going to be connected to later case,since we already have a possible overarching plot.

Spoiler:
Now that we know Asogi's mentor is related to Susato, that explains why she and Ryu get along so quickly. Not to mention, in the case Asogi goes kaput, they'll have someone familiar to bond with. This professor may also be Ryu's current law professor.

Also, something I notice from the second Cho Kaigi livestream footage is that Ryu is in his 2nd year in that first case. If he goes on to graduate as an attorney by the second case, he should have passed at least another year of law school. There's a good chance now that the time between the first and second cases is a year.

I wonder how connected all these storylines will be...
Signature loading, please wait...

Not sure where else to share this, so I'm using this thread again.

Remember those awfully amazing and amazingly awful Google Translate versions of the game trailers? The latest one, for the Jury Battle trailer, came out: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26417474

The previous one for the TGS 2014 trailer is here.

Winter Flag Trademark

...Is all this going to be sent to Shuu Takumi or the Capcom Board or something? :whip:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Why do you ask? We're still have another month before the game comes out, and Bolt or some other mod will open up another forum just for DGS stuff.

Winter Flag Trademark

Why do you ask? We're still have another month before the game comes out, and Bolt or some other mod will open up another forum just for DGS stuff.

Who'll translate the game in English then for non-japanese-known people? :gregory:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Anyone who wants to help, I guess. Bolt did say he'll be livestreaming the game when it comes out, probably on twitch, so people can use the chat. I'll also be around to lend a hand if no one else is on it.

Anyone who wants to help, I guess. Bolt did say he'll be livestreaming the game when it comes out, probably on twitch, so people can use the chat. I'll also be around to lend a hand if no one else is on it.

That Twitch delay, though. I can't imagine that will be very conducive to live translating.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Page 7 of 8 [ 283 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street