Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 1 of 8[ 283 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Meiji-era Dai Gyakuten Saiban for 3DS - Ideas/DiscussionTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/22/ ... meiji-era/
Thanks to L~A (and someone on Neogaf) for the heads-up!

Well, with any new confirmed game, we should have a separate thread for people to go wild with ideas, so Trial Minutes isn't flooded, so here ya go. Mods, if I'm overstepping somewhere, feel free to remove this thread.

This is totally a beat-em-up game I'm tellin' ya
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title

迷探偵

Quoting myself from the GK3 topic (Ha! I was already at the answer in December!)

Ash wrote:
So I just read Yamada Fuutarou's Meiji Dantoudai (The Meiji Guillotine) and now I want a spinoff-set-in-the-early-Meiji-period, somewhat like the Yakuza/Ryuu ga Gotoku spin-offs. A protagonist belonging to the danjoudai (and his sidekick rasotsu) hunting down corrupt officials and rebels... tricks that make use of the limited technology/setting of the time, more 'mechanical' tricks (helped by 3D investigation scenes)... Capcom has already done an Edo period detective game with Edotan, so why not?

(Or just give me a TV series/anime/game based on Meiji Dantoudai. It's friggin' awesome)

With the aftermath of the Meiji restoration, and some new technology, you really have a cool background setting for a mystery. I really wonder whether Takumi Shuu has read Meiji Dantoudai though, because its protagonist is also helped by a spirit medium who summons the murder victim at the end of each story to tell everyone how they died. Almost too good to be just a coincidence!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The video game boy; the one who wins

If that guy is Phoenix' ancestor I dare guess we'll se an early Fey as well somewhere, more specifically Ami. I hope the main character isn't too much like Phoenix, and I hope there won't be yet another cheery teenage girl sidekick. But they could have Apollo travel back in time and be a sidekick. Apooollooooo. Other than that I can't say much more becaue I hardly know anything about that era. Basically I hope for localization and innovation mixed with the good old AA-feeling.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Ash wrote:
Quoting myself from the GK3 topic (Ha! I was already at the answer in December!)

Ash wrote:
So I just read Yamada Fuutarou's Meiji Dantoudai (The Meiji Guillotine) and now I want a spinoff-set-in-the-early-Meiji-period, somewhat like the Yakuza/Ryuu ga Gotoku spin-offs. A protagonist belonging to the danjoudai (and his sidekick rasotsu) hunting down corrupt officials and rebels... tricks that make use of the limited technology/setting of the time, more 'mechanical' tricks (helped by 3D investigation scenes)... Capcom has already done an Edo period detective game with Edotan, so why not?

(Or just give me a TV series/anime/game based on Meiji Dantoudai. It's friggin' awesome)

I... I concede. You're too much.

Quote:
With the aftermath of the Meiji restoration, and some new technology, you really have a cool background setting for a mystery. I really wonder whether Takumi Shuu has read Meiji Dantoudai though, because its protagonist is also helped by a spirit medium who summons the murder victim at the end of each story to tell everyone how they died. Almost too good to be just a coincidence!

Sadly, I've only read reviews of the novel, but I definitely agree. There are too many relatable concepts for it to just be a coincidence, even down to the spirit medium and the well-reputed rival prosecuting officer and of course the anachronism, except Katsugi is danjoudai as well, so... Incidentally, is his sidekick kinda like a Watson to this Homes?

...Maybe if I get to read it sometime, I'll be able to guess what's coming out of this project too. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to search for it. *grumble*
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Servant of the Goddess of Law

I feel like this new attorney may be an ancestor of Apollo or Wright and we may see Misty Fey....but I hope this doesn't turn into a 3 way joint ancestorship between Apollo Wright and Maya....That would get awkward....

I really hope that the new character isn't too much like Phoenix, otherwise I wouldn't really see the point of starting over like this.

One also has to wonder if they made him look so much like Apollo on purpose.

Thane wrote:
I really hope that the new character isn't too much like Phoenix, otherwise I wouldn't really see the point of starting over like this.

Either coincidence or we have a very convoluted family tree on our hands

Thane wrote:

Um, based on his quote alone, I can say that he's a rather plain-spoken person; not as eloquent as Nick... probably 17, 18... not 24. "I'm gonna be a defender of the people... I promise you!" is what it comes to.

He's a high school / college student with a sword and handguard, basically. On the other hand, this explains so much about Nick.

Y'know

Gammalad wrote:
I feel like this new attorney may be an ancestor of Apollo or Wright and we may see Misty Fey....but I hope this doesn't turn into a 3 way joint ancestorship between Apollo Wright and Maya....That would get awkward....

Jeez, people tend to make Misty almost 100 years too old or Ami not enough ancient in their theories regarding this game...

Nearavex wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

Jeez, people tend to make Misty almost 100 years too old or Ami not enough ancient in their theories regarding this game...

I mixed up Misty and Ami as it looks like it is a common mistake -.- I actually almost typed Iam Fey thanks to everyones favorite Pearl...anyway I do think Ami Fey could be in this game.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

So... anyone up for seeing a Meiji-era Los Angeles?
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:

Itll probably be in Europe lol

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gammalad wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Or better yet, Victorian England.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Or better yet, Victorian England.

Hey it will tie into my theory of Edgeworth being Wright's mentor since Edgeworth is British....I think?

Money / More Money / Most Money

Aaand posting this in the right place!

There's a summary of the Famitsu article on tumblr done by Digifreaks!

According to the summary, the new assistant's name is 御琴羽 and their gender is unknown. However, I've heard Japanese fans are suspecting this character being another female assistant since the given name seems to be a more feminine one.

Art Person

Wow, so we have an assistant's name! Takumi was smart to make every name a pun, so this information won't even help us read the name (Properly)! I only recognise that final Kanji, and I know it's a counter for birds and rabbits. Any help?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gammalad wrote:
Hey it will tie into my theory of Edgeworth being Wright's mentor since Edgeworth is British....I think?

And we'll get to see Blackquill's ancestor, and maybe even go into the present, kind of like a Desmond Miles/Ezio Auditore style ancestral relationship? Hell, that is just AWESOME.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Wow, so we have an assistant's name! Takumi was smart to make every name a pun, so this information won't even help us read the name (Properly)! I only recognise that final Kanji, and I know it's a counter for birds and rabbits. Any help?

Mikotoha. I hope her first name will be Jimei or the sort so we can complete the term kotohajime = "the very beginning"

It's gotta be it. New game, new start, but same old Takumi. Perfect.

迷探偵

If it's Mikotoha (which would be the logical choice, but you just never know with Japanese names...), it could also be based on 巫女とは○○ or 御言は○○.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
[Sadly, I've only read reviews of the novel, but I definitely agree. There are too many relatable concepts for it to just be a coincidence, even down to the spirit medium and the well-reputed rival prosecuting officer and of course the anachronism, except Katsugi is danjoudai as well, so... Incidentally, is his sidekick kinda like a Watson to this Homes?

...Maybe if I get to read it sometime, I'll be able to guess what's coming out of this project too. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to search for it. *grumble*

He has five corrupt lazy good for nothing rasotsu (footsoldiers) as his assistants, who... sometimes do things. If they're ordered to. Or when they're threatened with execution because of their corruption. So no, they're not like Watson :P

You should be able to order Meiji Dantoudai at any (online) bookstore where you can order Japanese books: a lot of Yamada Fuutarou's books were reprinted some years ago and they're easy to get (they had been OOP for many, many years though). Youi Kinpeibai is also awesome, especially if you've read Shui Hu Zhuan / Jin Ping Mei. Which reminds me, I haven't continued in Taiyou Kokuten for some days now...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I really liked what someone said in the thread in Trial minutes, about an ancestor to DeKiller being in the game. It's almost too good not to have.

GoingforMiles wrote:
I really liked what someone said in the thread in Trial minutes, about an ancestor to DeKiller being in the game. It's almost too good not to have.

We also better see a real life Steel Samurai somewhere.

And a jammin' ninja!

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

My greatest hope for this game is that Takumi will truly be able to start afresh with the characters. By this I don't just mean not using Phoenix, Edgeworth, Maya, Apollo, and all the characters the fanbase has come to love, but also devising new kinds of characters with different sorts of relationships to one another. In other words, it would be wonderful to play a game with new characters that are not merely "Phoenix in all but name," "Maya in all but name," that is, characters who are truly new and not thinly veiled stand-ins for the old cast.

To use a past example of what I mean, Ghost Trick was an absolutely fantastic game that I love dearly, but it's hard to deny that many of the characters were highly reminiscent of Ace Attorney characters and had similar sorts of relationships (Sissel=Phoenix, Lynne=Maya/Ema, Kamila=Pearl, and so on).

Getting more or less those kinds of characters in a new package, and under Takumi's direction and plotting, would be far from the worst thing ever, but truly new characters would be even better! Judging from the new assistant's appearance and brief bio, it looks like we might be getting this at least to some degree. :phoenix:

Totally not my sig...

I felt the same way with Apollo Justice. Apollo=Phoenix, Phoenix=Mia, Trucy=Maya, Kristoph=Dahlia, Ema=Gumshoe, Klavier=Edgeworth, etc

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Thane wrote:

Um, based on his quote alone, I can say that he's a rather plain-spoken person; not as eloquent as Nick... probably 17, 18... not 24. "I'm gonna be a defender of the people... I promise you!" is what it comes to.

He's a high school / college student with a sword and handguard, basically. On the other hand, this explains so much about Nick.

More teenagers, woopie. Oh well I shan't be so close-minded, and it's not like we know that for a fact yet. The Famitsu magazine comes out today, right? We should have more information soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuIdjU1I-08 teaser trailer if anyone is interested.

Money / More Money / Most Money

I don't believe this has been posted here yet, but someone by the username of ifu11 posted full scans of the entire article within the comments section of their Plurk!

[Pages: 1 ((Alt)) / 2 ((Alt)) / 3 ((Alt)) / 4 ((Alt))]

EDIT: Shoot, misfire-d again. This was meant for the other thread.

Last edited by Vivi on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

I wish I WERE the best.

Ooh, high-quality scans! Thank you very much for showing us these!

迷探偵

DGS reminds me, Toudou Ryuunosuke Tantei Nikki has been in my game backlog for ages! And yes, it's a detective game with a protagonist called Ryuunosuke. Only set in Taishou (the period after Meiji, early 20th century). I should probably play it.

Hm, the trailer makes me a bit confused; didn't Phoenix inherit his turnabout spirit from Mia? Is this like in Naruto where the members of the Uchiha clan "inherit" hatred? Because that's not how genetics work.

And of course the girl is a beautiful flower...nothing wrong with that description, but I was hoping for something that sounded a bit more impressive and showed us how competent she is. Practically every woman in Ace Attorney is beautiful!

Thane wrote:
Hm, the trailer makes me a bit confused; didn't Phoenix inherit his turnabout spirit from Mia? Is this like in Naruto where the members of the Uchiha clan "inherit" hatred? Because that's not how genetics work.

And of course the girl is a beautiful flower...nothing wrong with that description, but I was hoping for something that sounded a bit more impressive and showed us how competent she is. Practically every woman in Ace Attorney is beautiful!

Now, now. Phoenix's ancestor could have been the first one to get the turnabout theme rolling, before it was a thing, ya know?

And Susato isn't just a pretty face; she's a "modern" girl of the "New World" (for the times) who knows her foreign detective novels. and maybe a bit of a spirit medium too but hey who knows

Yeah, a beautiful flower doesn't sound that exciting... and I certainly hope that she's not a spirit medium.

That "turnabout spirit" thing also makes me wonder whether Phoenix has other relatives/ancestor who were lawyers or if him having a lawyer-ancestor was just a coincidence he doesn't know of himself. Because obviously he's never mentioned having an ancestor like that and him becoming one himself was sort of by accident, so in a way it feels a bit weird if it's suddenly some family thing.

ZAWA ZAWA

A beautiful flower sounds like a really boring despription. Then again, I hate flowers, they give me headaches. Oh great, it's a sign. This girl is going to get on my nerves.
I just hope this girl doesn't have dead and/or missing parents, because that's getting really old. And that she's not Maya 6.0. I do think I'm going to like the dark atmosphere of this game, those are always my favorites.
I wonder if Nick knows about this ancestor? He's never mentioned one of his ancestos being a lawyer. Hey, perhaps he has more lawyer ancestors.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Yeah, a beautiful flower doesn't sound that exciting... and I certainly hope that she's not a spirit medium.

That "turnabout spirit" thing also makes me wonder whether Phoenix has other relatives/ancestor who were lawyers or if him having a lawyer-ancestor was just a coincidence he doesn't know of himself. Because obviously he's never mentioned having an ancestor like that and him becoming one himself was sort of by accident, so in a way it feels a bit weird if it's suddenly some family thing.

PHOENIX IS THE ACCIDENT.

I'm sorry, it was just the first thing that popped into my head... orz

Oooooh. xD

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Thane wrote:

Well, apparently, you can't have a new Takumi GS game since AJ:AA without some plot holes or now, canon inconsistencies, it seems eh-heh. :viola:

Yeah, it doesn't really seem like Phoenix would be from a bloodline of skilled Attorneys considering what a dork he is in GS1 and how basically when it comes to doing actual courtroom battles, Apollo has a better grip of the "logical" approach. But who knows, maybe Ryuunousuke really is bluffer, like Nick :-P
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Skittlemask wrote:
A beautiful flower sounds like a really boring despription. Then again, I hate flowers, they give me headaches. Oh great, it's a sign. This girl is going to get on my nerves.
I just hope this girl doesn't have dead and/or missing parents, because that's getting really old. And that she's not Maya 6.0. I do think I'm going to like the dark atmosphere of this game, those are always my favorites.
I wonder if Nick knows about this ancestor? He's never mentioned one of his ancestos being a lawyer. Hey, perhaps he has more lawyer ancestors.

I like how absolutely every single assistant in the main series PLUS Kay's parents are dead. I'm usually very reluctant to sympathize with a character just because of missing/dead parents, but after Trucy it just became a source of irritation to me, the worst offender being Kay and Athena because they hyped it up so much and didn't even bother to explain what happened to the parent that wasn't murdered.

I read someone's post on this forum hoping the new girl would be more refined and serious but still a bit of an airhead, taking Ancestor Nick's jokes way to serious and whatnot. I would actually really like that. If we end up getting an assistant who acts like Maya in the bloody Meiji period then I'm going to be disappoint, and it's not going to matter whether she's more modern or not.

I actually can't decide whether it's most important for Ancestor Nick or the new assistant to have a more different personality. On one hand, I'd like it if we got something other than typical underdog, snarky lawyer, and on the other hand if the assistant ends up being Maya 6.0, I might just slap a puppy.

Thane wrote:
Ancestor Nick's jokes

Bwaaahahahahaah!!?

I honestly see Susato acting like a mix of Pearl and Mia. If hoso_boso's guess was correct, there's a certain pun in her name that suggests a more mentor-like attitude to her. "成歩堂さま、発想を逆転されるべしですとも!" (But that sounds more cute than stern... hm, an interesting combination.)

Now if Ryuu could act a bit more like Larry or Gumshoe, and it will be an ideal combination. He'll probably be a mix of Nick and Apollo and Missile after all.

Thane wrote:
I like how absolutely every single assistant in the main series PLUS Kay's parents are dead. I'm usually very reluctant to sympathize with a character just because of missing/dead parents, but after Trucy it just became a source of irritation to me, the worst offender being Kay and Athena because they hyped it up so much and didn't even bother to explain what happened to the parent that wasn't murdered

I kind of just assumed Byrne had a divorce and Athena was built by her mother, so she doesn't have a father.The dead parents kind of become a staple of the series at this point (it's never explained what happens to Edgeworth's mother either) so I'm kind of hoping it just gets dropped

You know I am wondering, is this guy Nick's grandfather, great grand father or great great grandfather?
Page 1 of 8 [ 283 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street