Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Ace Attorney Investigations 3 Case IdeasTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, what ideas do you have for one of Edgeworth/Blackquill/Klavier/"Whoever the hell the protagonist is" 's investigations? Leave your suggestions here!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Ace Attorney Investigations 3 Case IdeasTopic%20Title

Y'know

I honestly don't really support the idea of a protagonist change. Edgeworth fits just barely, which is also only because his character pretty much regressed to be a picture of what is pretty much a non-bluffing, more serious and proud Nick. That is also exactly why we can't have a DD-era GK3 - there are no fitting prosecutors, really.

Klavier is a glimmerous fop and as a character, even the game doesn't treat him seriously. Blackquill... I honestly don't see him working well as a protagonist, his character just really doesn't fit the role. Perhaps during his rookie days, if anything.

Actually, Blackquill's appearance in GK3 could be a good idea. It wouldn't spoil too much, maybe aside from the fact that Blackquill wasn't always a dark samurai. He could play the role somewhat similar to Franziska - a young, but important prosecutor, tightly connected to the government... It gives me a certain idea, I think I've seen somewhere before - a polite young man, agent from the government - while he would not be an agent, but a prosecutor, it's pretty much what he was, since he was let on the whole phantom investigation. To me it sounds pretty good, he could even be Edgeworth's rival for a scene or two (kind of like Lang in GS2-5).

We could also place the setting in April-May period, which was the time Phoenix was disbarred in and finally cross this barrier that the first 2 spin-off games tried to avoid so hard, that it got unnaturally tight. While needed less desperately due to Dual Destinies's damage control, I'd still like to see Nick in his time disbarred, with his life filled up, instead of just a blank 7 years of empty space.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Quote:
April-May period

That confused the hell out of me for a little longer than it should have. :may:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Blackquill is too two-dimensional for the protagonist role, so we should stick with Edgeworth for now (and since GK and GK2 focused on Kay and Edgey respectively, maybe GK3 should focus on Gumshoe?)

For a case idea, I've pitched this before, but Edgeworth has to clear the name of a man r convicted during his Demon Prosecutor Days

Y'know

GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:
April-May period

That confused the hell out of me for a little longer than it should have. :may:

:april:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

JesusMonroe wrote:
Blackquill is too two-dimensional for the protagonist role, so we should stick with Edgeworth for now (and since GK and GK2 focused on Kay and Edgey respectively, maybe GK3 should focus on Gumshoe?)

For a case idea, I've pitched this before, but Edgeworth has to clear the name of a man r convicted during his Demon Prosecutor Days

We've already seen Demon Prosecutor Edgeworth in AAI-4. As for the clear a convict part, that sounds like something that Truth Seeker Edgeworth would do.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I meant that Truth Seeker Edgeworth is clearing the name of someone he convicted when he was a Demon Prosecutor

Y'know

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
We've already seen Demon Prosecutor Edgeworth in AAI-4.

Please. Bratworth lacks style, especially in AAI-4. I already mentioned that in Prosecutor's Lobby section. I mean, "Demon Prosecutor" praising incompetent detectives for being "considerate" and little girls for being "brave" as well as wasting the time with issues like promise books and swiss rolls? Are you kidding me?

The AAI team clearly can't characterize Edgeworth properly, so they should stay at the truth-seeking version of him at least. Monroe's idea sounds like quite a cool way to do this - it would work especially well with said convict being in jail for no more than 3 years - it'd highlight how that past, while behind him, still isn't all that far away.

As long as the writers don't cop out and make the man Edgeworth convicted a murderer in a later case (or partially guilty in the crime he was arrested for). Also, don't have the accused man forgive Edgeworth

Y'know

Well, it'd be hard for him not to forgive Edgeworth after he'd be proven innocent by him. Well, unless he has to stay in prison.

The best way would be Edgeworth going back and re-solving that past incident as well. If they can characterize his past self properly, they should also address thing like evidence and testimonies on the trial itself... including the evidence he withheld at the time.

As long as, at least for a moment, the games stop pretending Edgeworth's past doesn't exist (all of the cases since 1-3 do something like this, really, maybe with slight exception for 3-4) and the issue gets properly resolved, I'm even fine with said person forgiving Edgeworth.

Dracarys!

Nearavex wrote:
Well, it'd be hard for him not to forgive Edgeworth after he'd be proven innocent by him.

Except that Edgeworth was the whole reason he was in there to begin with. That's several years of his life that he's never going to get back.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps