Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 2[ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Possible future villains?Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

Yeah,fixed that.

um...hi your honour?

hey what if we had a killer like regina was to bat? Innocent in nature and does something she thinks is innocent but in actuality was serious and ends up killing someone close to her and when Phoenix/Apollo/Athena/Ryuunosuke/Deid Mann tell her of and catch her in court she breaks down and realises the awfullness of her actions and willingly turns herself in.

Happy Maria

I didn't know Deid Mann was a lawyer! :o

I think there's been a few killers like that before,but I'm struggling to think of some.

um...hi your honour?

Southern Corn wrote:
I didn't know Deid Mann was a lawyer! :o

I think there's been a few killers like that before,but I'm struggling to think of some.

that was a joke.
really? I didn't know...maybe i forgot.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

JesusMonroe wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:
like the most suspicious character will be the actual villain?

While these twists are usually surprising, I find them incredibly unsatisfying

"No way X can be a villain! He's too much of an asshole!"
*X is revealed as the villain*
"..."

I think cases generally need larger casts at this point, though. I don't want them to get too bloated, but in Cases 2 and 3 of DD, every witness except for one person (the killer) appears on the stand for the first trial day

Spoiler: DLC
Subverted kind of nicely here because I thought Marlon couldn't be the killer since we already cross-examined him

Yeah, what's been going on with this? I felt like every villain in AA6 was revealed implicitly the second I met them and if not then a while longer. The entire second half of the final case I was like "Man, I really don't know who it could be" because in my mind I was already excluding the most obvious contender from the "it can't be THAT simple." thinking.

This is where the series needs to rely on the idea that villains are hard to nail even when you know they're the culprits, but I feel like they still present it as if it's a mystery all the way to the end who the villain is supposed to be. The player can see through the writing's scenario from a mile but we still have to wait for the characters to logically climb their way, rigidly, until they're like "that's it, we know who did it!". I really liked how obvious it was made in 4-3 who the villain was even before the final trial and then IIRC you could sense how Apollo probably knew it too but he was sticking to the facts. I'd have liked that a bit more in some of AA6's cases.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Dual Destinies dealt with the "dark age of the law" and the people's distrust in the court system, and it was mentioned in Spirit of Justice that Edgeworth was looking to clean up the prosecutors office, however, it was specifically noted by Edgeworth that it would still take some time to fully earn back the public's trust. Perhaps the seventh installment could deal with the fact that there are some that have such disdain toward the court system that they are willing to go so far as to take the law into their own hands. Following this overarching theme, I had an idea for a case involving a corrupt and neglectful owner of an apartment complex who has made many enemies, some even going so far as to mail them death threats as a response to the pain they've caused; this land owner would be the murder victim in this case, and due to the reprehensible person they were, every character introduced in the case would have proper motive to want to murder them. As far as the "main" antagonist of the final case would be concerned, in fitting with the theme yet again, I was thinking of a vigilante killer who specifically targets criminals, and perhaps has some former connection with either law enforcement or the justice system.

Also, for a while I've had an idea about a villain for a filler case who suffers from permanent amnesia; he/she committed a murder which took place a few months back at the very least, and due to an accident (perhaps related to the murder itself) they have no recollection of their previous life nor of the murder they committed. In the time since their accident, they have shown themselves to be a good natured and generous person whom others have nothing but good things to say about. This would also throw a wrench into the Psyche Lock/Bracelet/Mood Matrix dynamic, as they could not be called out for lying or hiding anything, as they would be genuinely unaware that they have done anything wrong; he/she could also potentially serve as a bit of a sympathetic character in the sense that once they are convicted, it would almost be as if you are sending a different person to prison than the version of that individual who actually committed murder. To make things even more awkward, I have also considered the possibility of this person actually being the defendent.
Page 2 of 2 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps