Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 47[ 1858 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next

GS5 IdeasTopic%20Title

Dark Prosecutor

Just a few ideas for GS5, if there's going to be one.

After the end of GS4-4, Phoenix is allowed to re-instate himself as a lawyer. However, Odoroki still functions as the main character. Phoenix would act as a "Mia" of sorts, assiting you in the tougher situations.

In one of the earlier cases, we would finally learn about what Maya's been doing and where she's been. We'd also learn what happened to several other important characters and why, such as Franziska, Godot, and Gumshoe.

Kyouya would still remain as one of the main prosecutors, unless a new one is introduced. However, the final case would be an exception. Instead of playing as Odoroki, Phoenix decides to take over on this case. The prosecutor of this case would not be Kyouya, however. Out of the blue, our old friend Miles Edgeworth appears, ready to prosecute, possibly as Kyouya's mentor.

So, what do you think? I plan on updating this post with more ideas later on.

Feel free to post your own ideas as well. :godot:
Re: GS5 IdeasTopic%20Title

?!

I want a case where you defend the judge.
Holy Hell wrote:
Raven Darkheart wrote:
it is when you look underneath the underneath
It's not a hole in the wall. It is a wall surrounding a hole.

Science: It's cuter than ever

Personally, I think we should give Odoroki and co. some good character development. I mean, I'd like to know what the old regulars are up to, but I don't think Phoenix and Edgeworth need a WHOLE CASE of lawyering.

Yup

Location: In a sphere watching you every action plotting your death or a tea party

I think those are good ideas, but in the last case instead of edgeworth they use Lana. It would be perfect along the detective Ema thing.

I'm not entirely sure if following GS2's pattern would make GS5 look cheap, but I'll give it a thought anyways.

I want Odoroki to lose a case in GS5: namely the first or second case. That might help pace up his character development. He would lose and feel bad (not emo) about it, still believing that his client was innocent. The last case he would catch up that case again and Odoroki pwns.
Or he would take a case where he is defending a significant person (friend?). Maybe a beloved character from the PW era? And what if that person is really the murderer? That would make him have to choose between "pursuit the truth" or "save a good friend". Crazy, I know (and I'm not entirely sure about this :sadshoe: )

I'm in the thoughts that Kyouya takes the spot as the main prosecutor once again. And I'm not entirely sure about Edgeworth dropping by. The only PW prosecutor I'd like to see once again on the prosecution bench is Godot, er I mean Franziska. If she had some significant character development during the timeline gap, that would be awesome.

US!

Hmm,
I would not mind if you could use Mr Grossberg in a flashback case,
either that or one of the following...

-use Lana (out of prison)
-use a reinstared Angel Starr as detective.
-use Gregory Edgeworth in a flashback case.
-or Kirihito Garyuu in a flashback.
-have a new Judge in one of the cases (ie who is guilty of killing someone at a judges conference, so he can only preside over 1 case) and where udgey is the one your defending.
-Have Jake marshall reinstated.
-Find out what happened to the Feys.
-Prosecutor Payne as a defendant!
-Return of Edgeworth.

that is a lot.
but it is good.
Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*

The victim of the last case had commited suicide and the victim's best friend framed your client.

Built For The Kill

ultrasaint4121 wrote:
Hmm,
I would not mind if you could use Mr Grossberg in a flashback case,
either that or one of the following...

-use Lana (out of prison)

Highly doubt the Grossberg one, since he isn't really important to Odoroki's arc. Lana Tomoe might show up, though.

Spoiler:
The again, since Ema Akane didn't even mention her all throughout GS4, chances get slim.

ultrasaint4121 wrote:
-use a reinstared Angel Starr as detective.

Spoiler:
Doubt this as well. Angel was relevant to Yomigaeru Gyakuten case 5 because she was involved in SL-9 along with Jake, Gant, Ema, Lana, and Edgeworth. Assuming that GS5 takes place 12 years after said incident, combined with the fact that Ema doesn't talk about her past other than her studying overseas, it doesn't seem too likely.

ultrasaint4121 wrote:
-use Gregory Edgeworth in a flashback case.

No relation to Odoroki's arc whatsoever, no matter how many recurring characters come and overshadow ole' Apollo. Bringing back Gregory Shin is highly unlikely.

ultrasaint4121 wrote:
-or Kirihito Garyuu in a flashback.

Spoiler:
Kirihito was already abused in GS4, and I think the end of the last case pretty much made it clear that Kirihito and his "I am perfect and what I say is the LAW, bitches!" attitude has already been put to an end. Then again, Takumi might pull off another deus ex on us, so it's ambiguous.

ultrasaint4121 wrote:
-Have Jake marshall reinstated.

See response on Angel Starr.

ultrasaint4121 wrote:
-Find out what happened to the Feys.

Spoiler:
GS5 might focus more on the Arumajiki Family a la Fey Clan like what happened in GS2, but the Feys themselves actually coming back... I don't think Odoroki needs to know them. The only thing Hobohodo even tells him about the Feys is this one line about the videos coming from the person closest to him. Then again, who really knows? Like I already said, Takumi might pull off another deus ex.

ultrasaint4121 wrote:
-Return of Edgeworth.

Only if he's got something relevant to offer, maybe.
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

Yup

Location: In a sphere watching you every action plotting your death or a tea party

I hope they don't bring back Edgeworth. I'm tired of him.

Built For The Kill

Azure Flame wrote:
I hope they don't bring back Edgeworth. I'm tired of him.

Indeed, he's overused. That's why if he absolutely HAS to show up in GS5, it better be for a damn good reason that could affect Gyakuten Saiban gameplay for all of eternity.

Or he could be the victim.

Yup

I wouldn't mind him being the victim.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

LordAgaranok wrote:
Just a few ideas for GS5, if there's going to be one...

Actually, I kind of hope not one of those things happen. If Phoenix ever returned to being a lawyer, that would make Odoroki completely pointless. Who would hire him when they could just as easily hire Phoenix, especially if he's cleared of any wrongdoing and fully reinstated? Mia as the "all knowing mentor" was annoying enough by the end of the series, I thought. If HoboPhoenix had sat at the bench with Odoroki through every case he would have been unbearable.

Unless he continues to forge evidence even after he's been reinstated. That might make for some interesting conflict.

And I don't understand how everyone keeps asking, "What happened to these people?" Isn't it obvious where they must be? Maya and Pearl and running Kurain. Edgeworth is living and working overseas (just like he was for the past two games). Franziska is living and working overseas (just like she was after JFA). And Godot is...gone. He's not coming back. The only one really requiring explaination is Gumshoe, since theoretically he should still be in the city and a detective, and we haven't seen him yet. But that just might be because he doesn't work with Kyouya on cases. Odoroki didn't have any oppertunities to visit police headquarters in 4, so it's not that unreasonable.

I don't think Kyouya will be GS5's prosecutor. There are only so many details Capcom can put out about each game in order to promote it, and during Phoenix's arc they always used the appearance of a new prosecutor to do so. With GS5, they have to out-hype "Phoenix is a hobo!" to keep people interested. I don't think they can do that if all they have to announce pre-release is that Odoroki and Kyouya are back, same as they were before. They're going to need someone new with a fantastic design. (I've got my fingers crossed for an older woman).
ImageImage

Built For The Kill

Croik wrote:
I don't think Kyouya will be GS5's prosecutor. There are only so many details Capcom can put out about each game in order to promote it, and during Phoenix's arc they always used the appearance of a new prosecutor to do so. With GS5, they have to out-hype "Phoenix is a hobo!" to keep people interested.

"KYOUYA IS A HOBO!"

Hey, if it keeps the people interested, why not? But by all means, don't take the above statement seriously.

Last edited by Orcaizer Al on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SkuLy wrote:
The victim of the last case had commited suicide and the victim's best friend framed your client.

What do you think?

Yup

Why would the victim's friend have to frame your client if it was suicide?

Built For The Kill

Azure Flame wrote:
Why would the victim's friend have to frame your client if it was suicide?

*cough*GS4 Case 4*cough*

Hot stuff

Croik wrote:
(I've got my fingers crossed for an older woman).

Maybe Lana? :odoroki:

BIKE MONEY!

khaaan! wrote:
I want a case where you defend the judge.

Just like Harvey Birdman... That was one messed up episode.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

LordAgaranok wrote:
Instead of playing as Odoroki, Phoenix decides to take over on this case.

Spoiler: 4-4
Yes coz playing as Phoenix in the fourth case of a game in Odo's arc hasn't already been done. :nick:

fuck

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Attorney Proto wrote:
Croik wrote:

No, no Lana. That's not new enough to blow everyone's socks off, and I think she'd make for a boring antagonist. GS5 needs someone tougher than that.
ImageImage

A passionate fart, smelling dead

Mostly I just want to see more of Odoroki's background. You see, we got a lot of Phoenix's background in GS1 through 3, but Odoroki really seems to lack in that department (mostly because the creators were still TOO DAMN FIXATED on Phoenix :nick: ). I would like to know more about him, seeing as he's the protagonist and all. A bit on his family life, a bit on why he became a defense attorney in the first place... maybe his dad was a noble, valiant defense attorney. Or maybe his dad was a perfectionist asshole prosecutor a la von Karma.
Hey, maybe his dad could be the new prosecutor! :godot:

Also, I want to see Edgeworth as a victim. It's time he kicked the bucket. :karma:
Mirror, mirror on the wall, show me, define me! I am the infinite telomerase! I am not an anti-existence! I AM THE PERFECT MISSINGNO.--er, chain!

Proud to be anti-Edgeworth!

Croik wrote:
Attorney Proto wrote:
Croik wrote:

No, no Lana. That's not new enough to blow everyone's socks off, and I think she'd make for a boring antagonist. GS5 needs someone tougher than that.

Wendy Oldbag! That'd sure blow my socks off. I doubt you'd be able to get an objection in through her rambling, though, so the judge may find in favor of her just so she'll shut up.

No Grossberg! Objection like the scent of fresh lemons!
fuck

Defend til the End!

We all seem to be speculating on which old characters should reappear, but how about we come up with some new ways to improve the gameplay?

One idea I'd like to see is controlling two characters at once during the investigation phases. You could send Odoroki to one location and look for clues, while Minuki could check out another place, perhaps somewhere only she could get to. You could perhaps coodinate their efforts so that one character can effect things to allow the other the gain access to new areas. (Odoroki distracting a bouncer so Minuki can sneak into a club, etc)

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Souba wrote:
... maybe his dad was a noble, valiant defense attorney. Or maybe his dad was a perfectionist asshole prosecutor a la von Karma.
Hey, maybe his dad could be the new prosecutor! :godot:

Spoiler: "Odoroki's parents"
I believe it was said that Odoroki's father was another performer? He disappeared or died very soon after Odoroki was born. I have to play the Mason system again, but I know there was a brief mention of it in there. I think there are probably two strong possibilities:

1. Odoroki's father is Varan. It's a stretch, but he's also a performer, and Hamigaki did suspect there was some kind of love triangle between him, Zakku, and Yuumi. For as strange as Hamigaki is, many of his suspicions turn out to be right. Also, we still have no idea what Varan's real name is, since in the game he only goes by his stage name.

Though I can't imagine revealing that in GS5 would be much of a big deal, unless there's even more to the Arumajiki than we know (which is possible. The end of GS4 hinted there was a lot more to their power and the bracelets than we know).

2. Odoroki's father hasn't been shown yet: possibly the missing Arumajiki who wears a spade. Zakku wears the club, Varan the heart, and Minuki the diamond (like her mother). There aren't many good pictures of Tensai but they don't show him with any symbol. So why is there no spade? It's possible there's another magician out there, and he just might be Odoroki's papa!

At least, those are my two theories.

As for returning characters, 10 of JFA's 32 characters are repeats from the first game (roughly one third of GS1's cast reappeared in the sequel, not including case 5). If (and really, *if*) that kind of pattern continues, we should expect to see a few characters from GS4 come back in GS5.

Other than Odoroki, Minuki, Kyouya, Ema, and Phoenix, I predict we'll also see Makoto, Varan, Lamiroir, and Hamigaki again. There's a lot about those characters that hasn't been cleared up yet.
ImageImage

Spoiler: Odo's Parents
Yeah, I also believe that Varan is Odo's father, for the reasons stated above. But I just realised. It's a VERY minor thing though, Varan's the heart. Heart. Sound familar? Passionate heart burning red, and all that. And of course, the heart is a deck of cards is red. *smack'd*

fuck

stirring

Anyone else get the feeling Takita is gonna show up again?
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Holy Hell wrote:
Anyone else get the feeling Takita is gonna show up again?

Me too. I want him too anyway.
fuck

I would not be surprised if GS4 gets written out of canon, based upon how negative fan reaction has been to it >.>

It would not be the first time Capcom has taken a largely unpopular game that fans didn't like and pushed it to the end of canon, making it the "last" game in the series (DMC2 is now the "last" game in the series to be places after all future DMC games).

nuuuuu, stoooooop

BassForever wrote:
I would not be surprised if GS4 gets written out of canon, based upon how negative fan reaction has been to it >.>

It's still the best selling and best scoring game of the series. I haven't seen any indication that the fan reaction has been SOOOOOO awful to warrent something like that.

I would love to see Takita again, I just hope he'd have enough to do outside the context of being a yakuza kid. I wouldn't want another whole case involving his entire family.
ImageImage

Like being a KUNG FU MASTER!
fuck

stirring

Takita, to me, seems like he'd be a recurring side-character, in the manner of Lotta Hart (without being a douche).
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Animator who plays PW and watches ZIM :D

My ideas for GS5 are pretty ludicrous, so bear with me, I had the idea of a different prosecutor AND different defense attorney for each case:

Takita kills Chuck Norris!

For the first case, Phoenix has re-taken the bar exam, and is in court again, defending Odoroki. Insane enough for you yet?

In the second case, Odoroki defends the judge. Odoroki decides that defense is no longer his ideal job.

In the third case, Edgeworth is defense again, and he defends Gumshoe.

In the final case, Phoenix is attacked by someone, but kills this someone in self-defense, so Maya defends Phoenix!

Prosecutors:

Case 1 - As always, Payne is the first victim.

Case 2 - Kyouya takes a case for what will be the final time (see below)

Case 3 - Lana prosecutes. End of story.

Case 4 - Tired of being a defense attorney, Odoroki struggles to find a new job. He's whisked into prosecution and attempts to get Phoenix guilty.

Victims:

Case 1 - Masaka is killed by Winston Payne, angered by her idiocy. He frames Odoroki.

Case 2 - Shelly De killer is killed by Matt Engarde, who frames the judge.

Case 3 - Kyouya is killed by a member of a competing band. Gumshoe is a fan of this band.

Case 4 - Zenitoria, bitter with Phoenix, breaks out of prison and attempts to kill him. Phoenix struggles with him until Zenitoria is killed, and Phoenix turns himself into the police.
Phoenix is totally Jewish.

Yup

I think Lana should be the main prosecutor for the game.

俺の黄金の魔女

I would prefer Edgeworth and Maya not to show up. If they do, I'd like them to be very minor cameos tied to Phoenix. (I'd also rather Phoenix not show up, but I doooubt that's happening. Hobo will at least cameo.)

Other than that, I'm open to pretty much anything. I'm not sure how much more they can do with Kyouya, considering what he goes through in GS4 and doesn't seem terribly affected by, but I'd love to see him given a good character arc. (LOL PROSECUTOR GARYUU CHOOSES DEATH? Well, I don't think it would have the same effect on Odoroki, so that's kinda closed off too)

I'd like a cool older woman prosecutor too, actually. I'm not sure how she'd be connected to Odoroki--maybe she won't be--and it might come off to "Franziska-ish"...but Odoroki's series needs more likeable women, dammit!

People keep shouting about Takita returning, but there seems to be no reason why he would return, he's just a defendant who is a member of the yakuza. There are many other characters in the GS world that were memorable/interesting and have not appeared outside of their repected cases.

He does not play a big role in the over arching story of the series and unlike Lotta who is a journalist so I understand her showing up in later entries, I think the crazy guy Hamigaki has a better chance of returning in the sequel then Takita.

Just for fun lets look at all the characters who were in GS1 and returned in GS2, but not the obvious main characters (Phoneix, Maya, etc.) just the support characters. We have Lotta, Will Powers, and Oldbag. Now Powers made sence because the case how to do with the nickel samurai and global studios where he worked, and Oldbag was a funny and entertaining character who is also connected to that plot line. Unlike Hamigaki and Lotta who are journalist and could really be placed in anywhere in any case and make sence, you would have to do another plotline with the Yakuza again.

Really other then his Kung-Fu animation he's not really all that special, same with Makoto and her drawings, but I think she has a better chance of reappearing then Takita because of her main story influence, similar to characters like Varan and Lamiroir.

Muhna muhna.

Personally, I think Takita should be dead. I mean, he's supposed to be a dead man walking.

I change this icon finally.

Just throwing this out in the open, but what if Payne is one of the victims of GS5? I think he's a bit over used, since he's been in every single game. Or maybe he can be the murderer of the first case? I don't know. I'm kinda tired of him. :payne:

Investigative Reporter

Ok I have a some ideas for how the cases would go.

Case 1: Turnabout Shrink
Odoroki would defend a man accused of killing his girlfriends psychatrist. The biggest thing agaisnt him is that his client actually thinks he commited the crime.
Case 2: Turnabout Furlong
Takita's new girlfriend, the daughter of the man who would train a racehorse belonging to his father, would be accused of killing the horse's jockey. Odoroki goes up against the mysterious new prosecutor, Scarlet Night.
Case 3: Turnabout Zoo
Odoroki defends the zoo keeper of one on Odoroki's favorite childhood haunts. Witnesses include a Gorilla that communicates by computer(where one press would bring up the old joke about where a gorilla sits) and the murder victim as called by a certian medium we all know.
Case 4: Turnabout Swallow
Odoroki's stepfather is accussed of murder's commited by the mysterious political activist Red Swallow (Think a cross between the Zodiac Killer and Ghost in the Shell's Laughing Man). In order to win Odoroki must find the real Red Swallow and uncover Procescutor Night's real identity
Spoiler:
I was thinking it would have been the missing until uncovered Pearl Fey.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Nope

It wouldn't hurt to have another case about the Feys. But nothing minor... Like say, Maya's arranged fiance'e (Because I always pictured Kurain tradition to be like that) get's murdered a few days before the wedding and...Pearl is a suspect. Actually, that might be too much emo for Maya already..

That'd be a somewhat new approach, but around a familair...area.

There also should be a female prosecutor and the return of Takita; and his girlfriend Makoto... for the fans XD
Page 1 of 47 [ 1858 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps