Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 11 of 11[ 433 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Re: Character TYPE you would like to see?Topic%20Title

Emiko Gale wrote:
beterbomen wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:
I read all the One Piece manga available at the local library. (First 22 volumes.)

With the anime I'm at where Luffy and co. are in need of a chef and Sanji gets introduced. (I also adore Sanji, so this is a plus on my part.)

I'd make a One Piece topic but I'm just a newbie, I got into the series 2 months ago.

Well, there are definately worse anime to get addicted to.

Yeah I know. ^^; But I don't regret getting into this series though, I wish I could've sooner. I'm able to look past the popularity and the lengthy-ness of this series.

Besides, this anime makes me laugh for hours, something to rid me of sadness and depression.

Oh, but there's certainly enough of that in the series, trust me.
Luckily, it's all drama, rather than actual sadness or depression. :javado:
Seriously, though, One Piece is probably one of the greatest Anime series out there, which is probably why it's so popular; and although I have some gripes about how the show is currently going, I think Oda has proven himself often enough that I can give it the benefit of the doubt now.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

I'd like to see a crazy fortune-teller lady, always telling some strange stuff to the characters about their future, and carrying her crystal ball with her. Her testimony would be hilarious.
Image ImageImage

Spyro wrote:
I'd like to see a crazy fortune-teller lady, always telling some strange stuff to the characters about their future, and carrying her crystal ball with her. Her testimony would be hilarious.

Of course, she'd be the killer, making it near impossible to catch her on things she shouldn't have been able to know (as she has a perfect excuse for that).
--------------

Spyro wrote:

If so, she should appear early on - appear randomly and give a random fortune to Phoenix, like "Beware of the sky!" and he ends up getting splashed by water thrown out of a bucket from a window he's passing under and they think what she says is true. You know, random weird things like that.

C-A

Ace what-ever-my-ranking-is

I dunno about you guys, but it'd be interesting to see a protagonist who isn't afraid to let loose their smart remarks. Also a Prosecutor who knows they will win their case.

MrAwesome wrote:
Also a Prosecutor who knows they will win their case.

Well, that pretty much describes every Prosecutor we've ever had in the series. Right up until the second or third discovered contradiction, of course. :phoenix:
--------------

This may be crazy, but hear me out...how about a defendant...that actually doesn't hide stuff from you, and is willing to give you the information you ask about without any complications?

But that might be too whacky a concept for the developers!

Ace Sidekick!

Thane wrote:
This may be crazy, but hear me out...how about a defendant...that actually doesn't hide stuff from you, and is willing to give you the information you ask about without any complications?

Ahahahaha! XD Yeah!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:

What, you mean Maya when Nick first met her? She was very cooperative and just asked for a couple favors here and there.

But the series wouldn't be the same without its wacky defendants; the wackier the better. Same goes for witnesses... and judges, prosecutors, detectives, etc. A crazy cast of characters, period! I still can't get over how funny it is to cross-examine a parrot
Spoiler:
twice
in one's life. One of these days, a pet python will take the stand. Phoenix will have to take a second job as the courtroom's snake wrangler. It's the perfect place to use that Pywright logo.

Honestly, I am half-serious about the python. I want another witness that isn't human. The only way to draw out testimony would then be the play around with Perceive and the Mood Matrix. Blackquill will have some trouble manipulating this witness! ...or will he not?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Honestly, I am half-serious about the python. I want another witness that isn't human. The only way to draw out testimony would then be the play around with Perceive and the Mood Matrix. Blackquill will have some trouble manipulating this witness! ...or will he not?

I am so sorry if this sounds rude, but... that is a shit idea.

Crossexamining the parrot in 1-4 was already a low point for Phoenix' career and could've been prevented, had Phoenix asked the question somebody pointed out to be a Cough Up in GS1.
"If the witness cannot remember anything beyond what happened a few days ago, how can he remember that he burned off his fingerprints in a chemical plant accident several years ago?"
That would've been a legitimate, intelligent and good question to ask. And with no real answer to that, the fingerprints could've been checked and Phoenix would not have to humiliate himself like that.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Crossexamining the parrot in 1-4 was already a low point for Phoenix' career and could've been prevented, had Phoenix asked the question somebody pointed out to be a Cough Up in GS1.
"If the witness cannot remember anything beyond what happened a few days ago, how can he remember that he burned off his fingerprints in a chemical plant accident several years ago?"
That would've been a legitimate, intelligent and good question to ask. And with no real answer to that, the fingerprints could've been checked and Phoenix would not have to humiliate himself like that.

C-A

I'm sorry, I may be stupid, but... how were they supposed to check his fingerprints if he didn't have any?!
I agree that the question would have been a pretty good one, but what would it have helped? Just because it proves that he can remember more than a few days back (which I don't remember being actually claimed, just that he had trouble remembering things), it still doesn't mean he didn't burn off his fingerprints, thus, there would be nothing to check, and Phoenix would be no closer to the truth.
Spoiler:
Phoenix wasn't trying to prove that the witness wasn't suffering from amnesia, after all; he was trying to prove that the witness was Yanni Yogi.
The parrot really was the only way he could prove a connection.

--------------

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Just right up the alley of AA ludicrosity! Of course, implementing such a concept would be difficult indeed. Why would they bring in a snake into the courtroom? Why not a tamer option, like a dog? Because the victim was a snake-lover not a dog-lover

But seriously, the best counter to psychological manipulation is to have someone who is oblivious to it entirely... like Detective Fulbright. But a non-human gets bonus points being called to the stand. Larry was right; in this court, everything is evidence.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Larry was right; in this court, everything is evidence.

Larry is not the type of person I'd choose to prove a point...
And tons of people are capable of not being psychologically manipulated. Trick of the matter, you just ignore any verbal manipulation you might get. That's not hard to do.

But I stand by it, crossexamining the Parrot was a terrible, terrible idea and a lowpoint of 1-4 (just like the boring concept of ruining Lotta's believe in Jesus Gourdy) and that thing should not be repeated with any animal.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

And tons of people are capable of not being psychologically manipulated. Trick of the matter, you just ignore any verbal manipulation you might get. That's not hard to do.

But I stand by it, crossexamining the Parrot was a terrible, terrible idea and a lowpoint of 1-4 (just like the boring concept of ruining Lotta's believe in Jesus Gourdy) and that thing should not be repeated with any animal.

C-A

I'd have to agree.

I feel like this 'psychological manipulation' has to be fairly limited, or it'll just come across as unrealistic. I mean, to what extent can he manipulate people?

Phoenix: So you see, Mr. Blackquill, you've LOST!

Simon: Oh, I wasn't aware of your burning desire to win this case, Mr. Wright.

Phoenix: Win? Who says I want to win?! Judge, the defense surrenders! Hah! Take that, you fool!

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

...*cough*

Quote:

You'd be surprised by how easily people in medical institutions and general retailers apply psychological manipulation. They're often successful with it too. It's not just about ignoring someone's words. It's the way they can talk to catch your attention, hook you with a bait of some sort, and pull you into a certain thought. While many people can see through such cheap tactics, they usually aren't aware that they're being manipulated until they come close to seeing the results, and by then, it may already be too late. (If you don't apply here, then I applaud your insight. You're better than most people I meet in real life.)

Quote:

C-A

If you really want my honest-to-goodness opinion... I have to agree. The idea of Gourdy was stupid through and through, and the situation with the parrot was plot-device written all over it. But I thought the conclusion of that case was satisfying enough to overturn what stupidity the case forced me through.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Quote:

C-A

If you really want my honest-to-goodness opinion... I have to agree. The idea of Gourdy was stupid through and through, and the situation with the parrot was plot-device written all over it. But I thought the conclusion of that case was satisfying enough to overturn what stupidity the case forced me through.

I've got one thing to say about that:

:headbang:
Best. Breakdown. Ever.
--------------

beterbomen wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Quote:

C-A

I've got one thing to say about that:

:headbang:
Best. Breakdown. Ever.

A friend and I were joking about the reasons why von Karma became such a psychopath, and we happened to arrive at one simple conclusion: lead poisoning. He was shot in the shoulder by a bullet, and it stayed there for 15 years. Naturally, there would be some sort of side-effect, and von Karma happened to get insanity from it. Totally explains the breakdown... and his eventual disappearance.

Disappearance is likely death due to being executed for having committed murder.

As for lead poisoning, it is likely that something happened. After all, it's really hard to have a bullet in you - even for just a year - and not get any kind of side-effect happening. (House had one patient whose problems were caused because of bullet fragments that remained in his muscles)

C-A

That being said, he was already a psychopath before he ever got shot, so it wouldn't be a full excuse.
Also, he committed his biggest crime only moments after being shot, and lead poisoning doesn't happen that fast.
--------------

Yep, it's tough to point out if there was any difference between his pre-DL6 insanity and his post-DL6 insanity. Either way, lead poisoning wouldn't help, and neither would his old age. Hopefully, Franziska has brought the von Karma name back into its former glory. I hear they're still a proud lineage of perfect prosecutors or something... even if "perfect" is just relative.

...That being said, I actually hope she ISN'T in GS5. As funny as it would be to see Apollo get a full course of whip leather, it'd be redundant beside the full course of blade-like remarks that Simon makes. Nor would she have any particularly unique role were she to appear for whatever reason. Sorry, Franzy...

She could have cameo appearances - like maybe Phoenix goes into Edgeworth's office for something, Franziska is there and having a... discussion... with Edgeworth. Then she turns on Phoenix and gives him her usual whip-tongue. It'd be neat.
I'd like to see if she changed her hair.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
She could have cameo appearances - like maybe Phoenix goes into Edgeworth's office for something, Franziska is there and having a... discussion... with Edgeworth. Then she turns on Phoenix and gives him her usual whip-tongue. It'd be neat.

C-A

I'd love to see that.
Or maybe she's upgraded her whip to one of those spiked things? :will:

In all seriousness, now you've gotten me to want her to appear in GS5, just to see how she's changed. Which is never good grounds for wanting a character to return (it'd only lead to fan-service; just look at what happened to poor Ema).
--------------

Granted, I doubt Ema's cameo in GK showed that she changed in any way.
Actually, she didn't change at all, which proved that she was only there for fanservice.

C-A

Why should she have changed?

Lusankya wrote:

When we got to know her, she was a 15-going-on-16 year old teenager with an obession about science and who became overzealous when it came to using a scientific procedure. GK is set some time after T&T, meaning she'd be at least 18 by that time and people do change during those years. But she was still just like she was in her initial appearance, way too overhyped when it came to scientific procedures.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

When we got to know her, she was a 15-going-on-16 year old teenager with an obession about science and who became overzealous when it came to using a scientific procedure. GK is set some time after T&T, meaning she'd be at least 18 by that time and people do change during those years. But she was still just like she was in her initial appearance, way too overhyped when it came to scientific procedures.

C-A

To be fair, a lot of people can go on about their passions for quite some time - and that's a character trait that rarely disappears.

But I won't argue she was underused (and that would've sounded wrong without the context). When I played GK I wondered why they even bothered including her at all. Hell she even had her own animations and stuff and she just handed you some tools to help in your investigation.

Thane wrote:
To be fair, a lot of people can go on about their passions for quite some time - and that's a character trait that rarely disappears.

I know, I can go on about stuff I get into for a long time - but I also switch off pretty fast. It's just that I had thought that, given how young Akane-uh, Ema was during her first appearance, I had expected her to at least gain more personality in her subsequent appearances.
In GS4 she kinda did, gaining the personality trait of 'complaining about dead-end job' but that didn't add much to her.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I don't know if it'll happen, but I hope Capcom will release a behind-the-scenes art book or something for this game several months after release, as how it was with LKvsGS. That way, we get to see Franziska, Gumshoe, etc. characters that aren't mentioned in-game with designs that were intended for this game's timeline. (But I don't think Gumshoe's appearance would actually change. 6 months after he first became a detective, and all that's changed since was the color of his coat.)

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I don't know if it'll happen, but I hope Capcom will release a behind-the-scenes art book or something for this game several months after release, as how it was with LKvsGS. That way, we get to see Franziska, Gumshoe, etc. characters that aren't mentioned in-game with designs that were intended for this game's timeline. (But I don't think Gumshoe's appearance would actually change. 6 months after he first became a detective, and all that's changed since was the color of his coat.)

God I feel like Gumshoe...I also need a new wardrobe.

Anyway, I would buy such a book I believe. Although I wouldn't buy it for Franziska's sake, she never really interested me. But if they included a lot of other delicious pieces of trivia...

Still, a franchise should never rely too much on external media. I used to play World of Warcraft back in the day and I really did care about the story. Then they decided it'd be a terrific idea if all the plot details were explained in expensive books...so yeah. Not that I think it'd happen here, of course.

Thane wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Anyway, I would buy such a book I believe. Although I wouldn't buy it for Franziska's sake, she never really interested me. But if they included a lot of other delicious pieces of trivia...

Still, a franchise should never rely too much on external media. I used to play World of Warcraft back in the day and I really did care about the story. Then they decided it'd be a terrific idea if all the plot details were explained in expensive books...so yeah. Not that I think it'd happen here, of course.

God no, there'd be no game left!

Personally, I always think that Gumshoe never got a new coat, the old one just got dirty over the years. (Ew. :payne: )
--------------

beterbomen wrote:
Thane wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

God no, there'd be no game left!

Personally, I always think that Gumshoe never got a new coat, the old one just got dirty over the years. (Ew. :payne: )

What!? You mean that tan-colored coat became green? What has he been doing, rolling around in moss!?

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
What!? You mean that tan-colored coat became green? What has he been doing, rolling around in moss!?

I've seen some Phoenix Wrong videos that used Gumshoe snooping around to the James Bon music. So yeah, likely.

C-A

[/quote]
What!? You mean that tan-colored coat became green? What has he been doing, rolling around in moss!?[/quote]

Hey! You mind your business and I'll mind mine. Moss rolling happens to be a tuesday tradition for me.

Edit: One of these days I'm going to learn how to quote things properly.

But that day is not today.
Page 11 of 11 [ 433 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps