Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 12 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 30  Next

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (case 4 complete)Topic%20Title

...Thought I had to start over, so I deleted the old folder to get rid of my auto-save pile. D'oh! :meekins:

Dracarys!

Well, the point where you get Porter's testimony as evidence isn't too far into the second half. Just start a new game with the new intro.txt and you should be there within a few minutes.

No, see, I lost the old saves, so I can't skip ahead (unless I'm missing something...but either way, It's not that bad to click through with the sound effects off).

Going back through, though, I notice that Bikini's static "smiling" pose and Maya's static "pumped" pose are both much darker than when they're talking. Missed those while futzing with sprites, maybe? :yogi:

Dracarys!

You don't need an old save file. You just need to change the new intro.txt and then start a completely new file. The new intro.txt starts you off right where the first trial ended off.

Oh. Derp. I thought you meant the intro file already in the folder shoulda done it. :bellboy:

the fire mage

Spoiler:
so i finally finished the case and i enjoyed it. i like how you pretty much pulled two red herrings for this case. as i said prior to this part coming out i thought it was the butler. while i was spot on that he was invoked with the mob and being the sniper but not the one who shot maya. i did get kinda confused when i finally got to the pearl section of the case as i must have missed something as i was distracted during the end of the Meredith scene. lets just say the ending i got made me kinda depressed. and i liked jimmy as a prosecutor even if he was klavir lite.

Gintendo

I'm planning also short case 3/4, played through. Here is my feedback
Spoiler:
Pearl: as young adults, not bad.
Porter: Paranoidische reporter, because of the Phefferspray. auserdem cool, with the allusion.
Maya as victims, as I have the Seen as Maya is shot! Since I was fully shocked, how could you her Antun!
Bikini: That's hardly aged!
Iris: Everything as always, only with Broken Arm, how could you her Antun!
Merediht: Reminds me a bit of Maya, only with wrinkles, White Hair, and wheelchair.
Raphael: The butler, and caretaker at the same time, comical mixture.

Customised sad I found the Pearl of the Mastermind.

I suspect Dahlia, Porter, Merediht and Raphael

You get this case for 8 out of 10 stars!

Keep it up! I look forward to falll 4/5. (Hopefully this year)

The Poker Head of Courtroom No. 3

So after playing Case 4, here is my feedback.

Spoiler:
Really nice job with the twists and turns you led us through. Having Meredith right out confess even though she was protecting Iris was genius, as was having Phoenix set up alibis for every other character involved with the case, only to find out that the one person that he didn't give an alibi (Pearl) had done it.

One thing that must be talked about after playing this case is Pearl's characterization. I must say, I vastly prefer COI Pearl to what we see of her in Dual Destinies. This seems far more of a logical progression of her character, and your take on her was very well done.

I also liked how Jimmy actually prosecuted (Nice throwback to T&T, by the way. Had me laughing out loud). His character really interests me...and I'm unsure of what to make of him. When we were first introduced to him part of me suspected that he was going to be the ultimate mastermind that we would defeat at some point, but now...I'm not so sure. He seems like he means well. I'm interested to see more of him in the last case.

One last thing, the Thought Route implementation was absolutely genius. I didn't expect anything like that to be implemented, and it was really nicely used. Though, there is a glitch that I ran into. Upon presenting the photo of Pearl, Maya, and Phoenix at the first question that lets you present evidence, the scene that plays after you show hospitalized Maya that same photo actually starts right there in the middle of the Thought Route. It'll keep going until the credits roll too, so it effectively ends the game. Of course, I was able to access an earlier save so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it was just something I ran into.

All in all, this case was really well written and programmed, and it contained a lot of interesting ideas that made for an immersive adventure. I'm really excited to see what the last case will bring.

the fire mage

@TheGreatJudgini

I got the same glitch thankfully i have this habit of makeing multiple quick saves.

I want to extend my thoughts as my last post was done late at night and it shows.

Spoiler:
I am also starting to be suspicious of "Jimmy" I'm not sure if he is going to be the true mastermind or like with most of this case just a trick to throw us off the trail.

Like is said previously i like how you played with expectations of an ace attorney case. normally you would never suspect someone like pearl heck like phoniex i never considered where she went during the shooting. The fact you gave Raphael a small cameo in the prequel case made me assume he was the killer due to how obvious it all seemed

Meredith pretending to be the mastermind all for iris's sake was a nice touch as well really had me going there that she was the killer. heck the amount of red herrings in this case is insane.

So was her sending the hitmen after maya a bluff?

Again with "Jimmy" now normally i don't like helpful prosecutors but for some reason i liked the way he was done mostly beacuse he was helping phoniex when phoniex really did not need it.

I Agree with Pearl's character it's just so sad seeing the chipper girl we love turn into this broken mess of a women. She might be the first time in any ace attonery game where it felt like a hallow victory cornering the culprit.

I am really looking forward to the final case i get this feeling we may finally see Francisco Mendirez in person.

Oh look, a ladder!

I found a somewhat plothole. (In turnabout consequences)

When you examine the badgers in Criminal affairs, you'll have a nice conversation with Maya about the badgers. Isn't Maya supposed to be... y'know?

Edit: I forgot to specify which case
*Insert witty signature here*

Dracarys!

The badgers were an important enough topic for her to teleport there and back quickly.

I fixed that, as well as the issue some others were having with a certain timewarping scene near the end where you have to present something. I'll send out an update sometime soon, when I have the time.

*wonk*

Welp. I just finished the case. And all I have to say is this:

If this case was THIS good. Then I can't imagine how the last case will look like.

Spoiler:
Also bug report, during the Thought Route segment when I present the nostalgic picture (Don't ask why I did that) Maya shows up talks about it

Anyways, the case was awesome. That's all I have to say. :edgey:

Can't wait for the last one.

yes

The guy who looks at stuff

There's something I've noticed. Is the "GK-2" incident a reference to Gyakuten Kenji 2? I've wondered about that for a bit.

Dracarys!

It's definitely a reference to Gyakuten Kenji 2.

Ropfa wrote:
It's definitely a reference to Gyakuten Kenji 2.

Nice. I love little touches like that.

Dracarys!

Just made an update to fix the errors people mentioned. Specifically the one where Maya shows up and the one for presenting the nostalgic photo. The download link has been changed.

Turnabout RPG Developer

Dang, I've been trying to get the game to download but the website keeps saying "Download not working? Repair your download."

I've googled and tried doing things like deleting cookies and running in a different browser, but to no avail. It happens with all other downloads on the site as well. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

The mediafire link isn't working for you...? It seems to be fine. Sure you're not clicking on an ad?

I loved what I've seen so far, but damned if I'm not stuck now.
Spoiler:
I'm at the point where I've broken Pearls' psyche locks and gone back to criminal affairs (supposedly with Porter in tow, though she's still hanging around the secret entry - for that matter, Watters is also still in the courtyard/west entry when analyzing stuff). I got the derringer/threatening letter, seemingly everything I need to confront Meredith, but she's nowhere to be found. Tried peeking through the script, but I can't find anything to present or examine that I would've missed. Seems like she should pop up in the hospital once I trip the right flag? :yogi:

Dracarys!

Spoiler:
If you've already broken Pearl's locks, then you're probably missing something in the secret hallway.

You need to:

-Talk to Porter
-Present the recording bug or Rivales card to Porter
-Examine the derringer
-Examine the broken shards on the ground and put together the puzzle
-Examine both sides of the hallway at the end (left and right)

You've already found the derringer, so I'm assuming it's either part of the hallway or presenting the bug/card to Porter that you've missed.

Once you do all that, you will get a conversation from Watters and Porter where they talk about heading back to the police station.

Edit: Wait, you said you've already been to criminal affairs? So you've already talked to Watters and gotten all of the evidence from him? And Meredith still isn't showing up? Could you give me a step-by-step list of what you've done since finding the secret hall?

Spoiler:
Okay, I found the problem - I did everything else, but missed the derringer on the ground (I just had the evidence of it from criminal affairs). Gladys said she'd go with Watters already (after giving her the card), so I thought I was done there. Picking up the derringer after doing everything else set me on the right track.
...I'm not a great detective, am I? Picking up everything but the gun. :sadshoe:
edit - Finally finished it. And now I'm more certain than ever that
Spoiler:
Pearl was possessed by the vengeful spirit of Cody. Who himself was possessed by Red Herring.
As always, it was a great ride, and few can quite capture the tone of the wright games the way you do (sometimes awkwardly tsundere prosecution aside). but now I need more! So get crackin'! :franny:

Oh, right, I should probably speculate in the meantime.
Spoiler:
The final case will be ten years in the future. Jailbird Pearls and her faithful cyborg owl will be the prosecution. Phoenix must fight his old friend to prove the innocence of one Larry Butz. Who, as it turns out, was Lotta Hart all along.

I've been thinking on Turnabout Consequences for a bit.

My overall opinion of it is high. It easily ranks up as one of the best fan cases in the fandom and I don't think I've seen as dark a story as this in either canon or fanon since Turnabout Substitution.

I would go on about specifics, but don't know how to do the spoilers thing....

I will say this though: you have a fine work here. I do wonder what could be next. This case really could be a nice, bittersweet ending all on it's own. Do you not think you may have played your best card a bit early?

Dracarys!

MattieBoy4 wrote:

Type whatever you need to type. Then highlight everything, then click the "spoiler=" button above the text box. After that, it's all ready to post.

Ropfa wrote:
MattieBoy4 wrote:

Type whatever you need to type. Then highlight everything, then click the "spoiler=" button above the text box. After that, it's all ready to post.

Okay.

Spoiler:
Finding out Pearl was the "killer" was quite shocking. I do like this darker route you took with her character. Most people don't really consider what kind of psychological trauma the event's of JFA and TAT could put on the mind of such a young child. Put in split loyalties, and you have a truly tragic character.

Now, I went for the ending where we prove her guilt. So I don't really know what differs in the endings. Proving Pearl's guilt was the hardest thing we've had to do in this entire series, canon or not.

But as I said, I feel this ending was too good. I don't know what your final case has for us, but I kind of feel like it should just end with this case. It had a good mystery, strong characters and an ending that really tests your morals. I fear you played your best card too early.

Though I do admit, I do want to know the deal with Jimmy. But I think this pretty much could have been the ending om it's own.

Turnabout RPG Developer

No, I assure you, it's Mediafire not working. Whenever I click on the download it "tries" and then say either "Not working? Repair your download" or "Not Downloading? Try again."

I'm not exactly sure what could be causing the issues here. I guess the best thing to do is google some more!

Dracarys!

I tested the Mediafire link from a different computer and it worked for me. Is anybody else having the same problem as discipledoctor?

Turnabout Consequences was outstanding!

Spoiler:
Boy, talk about a bunch of waterworks! I love how you manage to strike a nice balance between comedic, dark and emotional themes.

It took me a few minutes to direct the final gaze of guilt upon Pearl - my first guess was Bikini because her alibi hadn't yet been scrutinized.

I also thoroughly enjoyed having two distinct choices of endings. I had to try both before settling on the "yes, she had a motive" route - mainly because I wasn't comfortable with the ending of Pearl running off, never to be seen again.

I'm in the same boat as a previous replier - my first instinct upon meeting him was that "Jimmy" was eventually going to be the mastermind, but now I'm quite uncertain.

All in all, great case. I'm looking forward to the series finale with tremendous anticipation.

Stobbing around

Ropfa wrote:
I tested the Mediafire link from a different computer and it worked for me. Is anybody else having the same problem as discipledoctor?

It's not really working for me either. I can start the download, but it will load the file with like 0,1 KB the second at start, get slower and eventually stop completely.

Edit: Got problems with other files as well, could just be a problem with Media Fire.

NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN

Ropfaaa!!!!
Spoiler:
The 50 cal bullet is unfired, the shell (the back part) comes off when the round is fired cause otherwise it would effect the bullets velocity too much, it pops out of the guns (left or right) side leaving a (still huge) bullet coming out and hitting a person.
ERGO, two shots were fired, :guilty: :gotcha: :lol: :fire: :gs4-people:
CASE CLOSED!

NYAN

Dracarys!

Oh, I'm guilty, all right.

Spoiler:
I'm guilty of not knowing jack about firearms.

We'll just say they used magic bullets, like at grassy knoll.

Re: Phoenix Wright: Conflict of InterestTopic%20Title

The president's bodyguard! :D

[quote="Ropfa"]Meet Wayne Parker, the defendant.

Image[/quote

Spoiler:
I played the 1ST Case so far! And I pretty much like Sir Gallante! :gant-clap2: :fire
:

Last edited by Horace Knightley on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sparkle sparkle

My goodness, my gracious. What an exceptionally marvelous case!
Spoiler:
There are a trillion and three you handled so excellently in the game, but one of them that caught out to me was the diverging forks at the the endgame of the trial. You can fully explore the consequences of both your decisions, and I found that very amazing.

Ropfa, your work is appreciated. Please remain being such an impressive human being. :apollo:

Dracarys!

Thanks for playing! I'm glad you liked it.

Brief progress report:
T-Unknown is progressing much more smoothly than I had expected. I've managed to get (or make arrangements to get) most of the backgrounds that I will need, and all of the characters for the case have at the very least a base sprite finished. Potentially, I could complete the game this year.

Realistically, it will probably be in 2016 though.

Dracarys!

So, I've had a bunch of freetime these past few weeks and I think I'm finally ready to announce COI's final release date. I am planning to be ready to release the whole game sometime in the next month. It'll be soon!

Scratch spriter

I don't know why I have the feeling this is a joke :sad-maya:

Hesseldahl wrote:
I don't know why I have the feeling this is a joke :sad-maya:

Just wait. He's going to shout "April Fools" at any time today! This, like anything to good to be true that's announced before or on Aprils Fools Day, just turns out to be a cruel joke we laugh at somewhere down the line.

Damn.Since everybody knew that Dog Gyakuten Saiban was a joke as soon as they saw it,you thought it would be a good idea to post something that would actually break people's hearts?
Signature loading, please wait...

Dracarys!

cesar26100 wrote:
Damn.Since everybody knew that Dog Gyakuten Saiban was a joke as soon as they saw it,you thought it would be a good idea to post something that would actually break people's hearts?

I thrive on your sadness. It sustains me.

Ropfa wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

I thrive on your sadness. It sustains me.

You sir, are evil.

Mia Payne

You evil little worm ropfa!

I hate you and never wanna see you again!... <3 you

Winter Flag Trademark

Are you gonna do an AAO version of the fangame? :ron:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Page 12 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games