Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 2[ 52 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Phoenix Wright: Trials Before Retribution (FAN-GAME)Topic%20Title

Creator of Trials Before Retribution

Phoenix Wright AA: Trials Before Retribution

(I have no art at the moment;; )

Plot: *CONFIRMED TO BE AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE GAME*

It has been a month or so after "Bridge to the Turnabout" and Phoenix, Maya and Pearl are up to
investigating crimes! And yet, unaware, ANOTHER Prosecutor steps up to try and end Phoenix's reign.
Will Phoenix have the courage to stand up to this new prosecutor with a mysterious past, or will it over-turn
our blue-suited Lawyer??

Synopsis (For Main plot and part of Case 1): Phoenix, Maya and Pearl have continued their Attorney office when the first murder happens after sometime from "Bridge to the Turnabout". But for the first case, MAYA HAS TO DEFEND. YES. Phoenix had ended up getting sick due to a sickness being passed at the murder's crime scene, at a hotel called Regal Sanctuary Hotel. The defendant of the case "Turnabout Maya" is Mrs. Louise Gotta-Ketchumall, who was accused of murdering her husband, Mr. Ashton Ketchumall. Maya, with Pearl and Edgeworth's Help, need to find the right person who killed the victim!

Some characters you will see return are Phoenix, Edgeworth, Maya, Pearl, Gumshoe, The Judge, Godot, Franziska Von Karma, Winston Payne and a few others to be confirmed!!

New characters will be presented in the case like for the new Prosecutor Sebastian Stone, who is mostly silent and has a mysterious past about himself, and his girlfriend, Bella Selene! who is his supportive girlfriend and also has a strange mysterious past herself, and more new victims, defendants and witnesses!

~~~~~~~~

I have filled all of the roles at this time!!

Thank you for all of the interest!!

Last edited by Bella on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:15 am, edited 9 times in total.
Re: (FAN-GAME) Phoenix Wright: Trials Before RetributionTopic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

......Huh!?! What's this?

No Plots? No Sypnosis? No Story? No Characters? No Nothing!?! I... can't believe this. Please mention the story and the characters, as they're a very important part to threads like these. Especially since you need a spriter in the first place.

After all, it's not much of a fangame without them. Please inform these things. :viola:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Ace Pointer wrote:
......Huh!?! What's this?

No Plots? No Sypnosis? No Story? No Characters? No Nothing!?! I... can't believe this. Please mention the story and the characters, as they're a very important part to threads like these. Especially since you need a spriter in the first place.

After all, it's not much of a fangame without them. Please inform these things. :viola:

*NEW* EDIT: Updated!! That should help now, Thank you for letting me know;;;;

Winter Flag Trademark

You're Welcome. :justice:

Also, it's "Franziska" not "Fran". Or you could leave her name like "F. von Karma" or something, seeing as you can't spell the name. :yogi:

Maya as the DA!? Cool! I always wanted to see games that have at least one case starring Maya. Except that Edgeworth is helping her..??

Anyways, as far as I can know, I probably have seen some DA Maya sprites somewhere before... :maya-thought:

Ace Pointer wrote:
You're Welcome. :justice:

Also, it's "Franziska" not "Fran". Or you could leave her name like "F. von Karma" or something, seeing as you can't spell the name. :yogi:

Maya as the DA!? Cool! I always wanted to see games that have at least one case starring Maya. Except that Edgeworth is helping her..??

Anyways, as far as I can know, I probably have seen some DA Maya sprites somewhere before... :maya-thought:

Thank you again;;;; I wasn't so sure how to spell it;;; I know Maya was a DA in Trials after Justice. This Game is an inspiration from Trials after Justice.

And reason is because this is somewhat after Trials and Tribulations. So Edgeworth is kept on the good side for the first and fifth case for this game (There are 5 cases total)

Winter Flag Trademark

Well, even though SilentBob made (pathetic looking) sprites of DA Maya, I think DragonTrainer made a very good one. I recommend using his sprite.

Also since there's 0% chance SilentBob will let you use sprites anyway. The way I know him- he makes sprites for himself and restricts others from using his sprites no matter what. Posts here to show off. :edgeworth:

I'll drop a link here later. :edgey:

Ace Pointer wrote:
Well, even though SilentBob made (pathetic looking) sprites of DA Maya, I think DragonTrainer made a very good one. I recommend using his sprite.

Also since there's 0% chance SilentBob will let you use sprites anyway. The way I know him- he makes sprites for himself and restricts others from using his sprites no matter what. Posts here to show off. :edgeworth:

I'll drop a link here later. :edgey:

Okay! Thank you!

I'm still looking for help;;; Can anyone help?

Winter Flag Trademark

Heard these are the spriteset for Maya Attorney. There's another one, but unless you're planning to make the cases occur later...

The One and Only

Location: That place where that thing happened a while ago...

I can help with being the co-scripter if that spot is still open, if not I may able to be of some help with custom sprites. :will:

Last edited by Firesnakex8 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winter Flag Trademark

Dude, she needs help of Sprites and such. Oh, and Bella, if you want to learn PyWright, I suggest meeting a user called Ropfa. He's a genius at PyWright! He even made easier tutorials! :redd:

The One and Only

yup i changed my response and I will see what I can do. Gee am I the only one that is doing a apollo justice fan game i mean most every one that i know is trying to do a phoenix wright fan game.

Winter Flag Trademark

Post about your fangames on the other threads or in your own thread, please. Don't Hijack this thread.

The One and Only

ah ha gotchya :godot: didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Winter Flag Trademark

To Bella: This guide is mostly helpful incase you're creating the fangame on PyWright, and a beginner at it.

To FireSnake: Okay then... but you can post suggestions or assistance for the sake of Bella in this thread.

The One and Only

Not sure how easy PyWright is to use but if it's the first time at making a phoenix wright style game I suggest Ace attorney online its very easy to use and easy to learn although it can be some what limiting if you are trying to integrate new gameplay and such.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Heard these are the spriteset for Maya Attorney. There's another one, but unless you're planning to make the cases occur later...

Thank you!! c: (And I will credit them)

And to firesnakex8, I messaged you! c:

Ace Pointer wrote:

Also do you have an idea how these work on Pywright??

A position has been filled! Looking for sprite artist and a map artist;;;

Winter Flag Trademark

I'm not sure, I didn't ever touched PyWright. Try to talk with E. D. Revolution or Ropfa. These two are experts in PyWright. :ron:

If you want some assistance, I will try to. PM me about it if you want. :scientific:

Since PyWright doesn't support .gifs anymore (for a while, actually), you'd need to turn each pose into a sheet and have text file of the same name to define the timing between each frame of animation.

Now, usually, the way you would do this is by using 'gif2strip' - a program on PyWright's own website that would turn gifs into sheets for you automatically, with the appropriate text file. But, since the PyWright site is down until further notice... I honestly don't know how that's doable now.
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

The one with many faces

You have to use a sprite sheet converter. You just have to manually add the corresponding txt file. Remember, times are measured in frames based on 60 fps. 1 frame is 0.016 seconds or 16 milliseconds. I believe ropfa covered something about sheets in his py guide. I forgot what program I used to convert sprites, but shop around. There are free programs.

Character artist is still needed if anyone is interested!!

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

I suggest looking into AAO's Random Characters thread to see if any of the sprites there float your boat. If not, then I suggest using whatever placeholders you can, as finding a character artist for your case that'll essentially work for free is gonna be basically impossible. For now, you should stick with some placeholders and focus on getting some good story/gameplay down. It'll speed things up a lot if you wait until that's done to be asking for art.

Shadowsleuth wrote:
I suggest looking into AAO's Random Characters thread to see if any of the sprites there float your boat. If not, then I suggest using whatever placeholders you can, as finding a character artist for your case that'll essentially work for free is gonna be basically impossible. For now, you should stick with some placeholders and focus on getting some good story/gameplay down. It'll speed things up a lot if you wait until that's done to be asking for art.

Thank you for the link!

So a sprite artist is found!

Just need a map artist and the team is complete c:

(Thanks to the people who gave me the hints of the usable characters link)

Great Revival

No clue why, but I am getting a bit of a Nintendo loving vibe from the names...

Dracarys!

Bella wrote:
Just need a map artist and the team is complete c:

Are you talking maps like this?

Those are actually incredibly easy to make, since they're just a bunch of straight lines and some words. If you have any sort of art program (even MS Paint would work, I'd imagine) you could probably do them yourself. The hardest part would be the doors, but even then you could just copy/paste those from one of the canon maps. For the maps I use in my own game, it usually only takes about 10-15 minutes to make them at most, and that's if I'm being distracted by Netflix.

Totally-Not-Miley Omelia Tigre

I can be a map artist. I think I know how to make them like the original games.

Also, in Trials after Justice, there are some Maya Fey sprites, already in sprite sheet format! You just have to ask if you can use them. They're in her channeling outfit, so if you want Defense!Maya sprites, that's an option.
*insert weird signature here*

The one with many faces

No. SilentBobX does not allow those sprites to be used. Period.

Winter Flag Trademark

Fellowzdoomer wrote:

Also, in Trials after Justice, there are some Maya Fey sprites, already in sprite sheet format! You just have to ask if you can use them. They're in her channeling outfit, so if you want Defense!Maya sprites, that's an option.

Looks like I found an Idiot. Listen carefully, dear fan of SilentBobX, the person you're a fan of is extremely selfish, who just likes to make sprites just so he can show off his spriting abilities. Nothing else. He's a jerk, and a selfish person I ever seen.

Don't think of asking him to use any of his sprites. He will deny if you want to. Any of his sprites. Leave that narcissist alone to his whatever. :fire:

Great Revival

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Fellowzdoomer wrote:

Looks like I found an Idiot. Listen carefully, dear fan of SilentBobX, the person you're a fan of is extremely selfish, who just likes to make sprites just so he can show off his spriting abilities. Nothing else. He's a jerk, and a selfish person I ever seen.

Don't think of asking him to use any of his sprites. He will deny if you want to. Any of his sprites. Leave that narcissist alone to his whatever. :fire:

He sounds like a wonderful guy.

@PK

Or maybe, just, you know. Just a thought.

He doesn't want people using the sprites he'd made specifically for his fangame. Just like, say, Ropfa wouldn't like people using the sprites he'd made for his fangame.

Point is, it's not a case of "likes to make sprites just so he can show off his spriting abilities", I can assure you that much.

Stop insulting people.

Next time I see this kind of shit, I'm reporting.
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

Winter Flag Trademark

Well, if he doesn't want to let people use his sprites, why bother posting them to sprite threads? I have absolute no idea why so and the only conclusion I could go to is just: Showing off abilities.

Sure, I apologize for lashing out, but that just leaves a doubt, I'm afraid.

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, how DARE he show off his abilities...

Winter Flag Trademark

DudeWithAMask wrote:
Yes, how DARE he show off his abilities...

..?
Instead of just making this thread full of this debate, you can probably just PM... or something.

What I'm saying is that there's nothing wrong with putting something up simply for the sake of people commenting on it. He has every right not to want it to be used. There is nothing wrong or narcissistic about that. I have no idea why you would construct his persona based on that alone; there are a ton of people who don't want their work being used. And again -- the reason he doesn't want people using them is because of the fact they were made specifically for his game.

By that logic (again, apologies for bringing in other creators in this), Ropfa, Cardiavore and Ceres (he's the guy that made most of the TSub sprites, iirc) are all narcissist for showing off their work outside the game.

I won't discuss this any further, because I don't see much to discuss. "Stop insulting people" was my original point. Regardless of whatever reasons SBX might've had for putting up his sprites, calling him a narcissist based off of literally nothing is going too far.

Winter Flag Trademark

Fine, DudeWithAMask. You win. -_-'

Tilemaxosbra wrote:
Can I have some popcorn over here?

Nope, sorry.

1000% Knight

...Looks like I'm a bit late to the party here, but let's go over some ground rules.

First off, no flaming. You may not like someone, their decisions, or their preferences, but that doesn't give you a right to be a jerk about it. You're free to disagree with them, but it still needs to be done respectfully. For instance, you could have said, "SBX shows off all his sprites in his thread, although he doesn't let anybody else use them." which gets across all the points (except the personal insults).

Second, if an argument is going on or something, don't chime in with a content-less filler post. Either try to post something helpful to defuse the situation, or don't post at all. If you feel absolutely compelled to click something, though, try the "report" button rather than the "reply" one.

Finally, even though this wasn't actually broken, content creators are in charge of all the content they've created. If they don't want others using it, that's the way it is. Personally, I hate it too, I think it'd be great if we could all use everything (as long as we gave credit), and don't really understand the artists who don't let others use their work. But it's still their choice, and a perfectly legitimate one. And even if an artist doesn't want others to use his work, there are still reasons to post it--for instance, so that other artists can critique and help him.

Just remember the golden rule of CR: be cool. (And even if you don't think someone else is following this rule, that doesn't give you an excuse to break it too.)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Dracarys!

ob9410 wrote:
He sounds like a wonderful guy.

He is! He's helped me with my game a bit and I've helped him with his. My own game's more recent cases probably wouldn't be at their current quality artwise if it wasn't for him. Great dude, SBX.
Page 1 of 2 [ 52 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games