Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 14[ 545 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Re: Court Records THE GAME!Topic%20Title

stirring

dullahan1 wrote:
If you need like a common enemy of some sort, how about spammers?

We have more impersonators than spammers.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Master of sharp things!

winged cloud wrote:
charcters to be in it, and some what of a actual plot/story, but mainly the story. Story is key right now.

Well, it isn't entirely hard to come up with a story. Here, I'll make something up off the top of my head:

- A sudden spike in "bans" (which I suppose would be death) has begun as of late, and no one knows why. Everyone suspects Person X ("X" being whomever fits) of doing them, as he's the most obvious suspect, and they demand he be banned immediately. But when the heroes learn of a vast conspiracy to overthrow Court Records, it's up to them to find out who framed Person X, stop them and the bans all at the same time.

See? It isn't hard to make up a concept, cliché as it may be. The difficult part is figuring out who fits each role best. I think it's easier to make the characters first and write the story around them, rather than the other way around.

stirring

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
- A sudden spike in "bans" (which I suppose would be death) has begun as of late, and no one knows why. Everyone suspects Person X ("X" being whomever fits) of doing them, as he's the most obvious suspect, and they demand he be banned immediately. But when the heroes learn of a vast conspiracy to overthrow Court Records, it's up to them to find out who framed Person X, stop them and the bans all at the same time.

Reminds me of the time when Headbang and zuddha pretended to hack the forums.

This sounds like an interesting idea. If it actually somehow pulls through, then it could have great potential.

I'll be on most of the day tomorrow after 1 p.m. PST, so feel free to send me a chat invite any time. I got Yahoo and MSN; links to both on on my Profile.

I personally think we sould start out by defining what exactly this game is going to be. RPG? FPS? Will it have turn-based play? Once we have a strong idea of what we're aiming for gameplay-wise, we can get an idea of what we can do with the story and the characters. Like Shu Takumi has said, it's easier to come up with a great original story if you set some rules and limitations for yourself.
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

Rpgmaker kinda means an rpg...
hmm orca has a point. If we made the plot like using orcas idea, then after the plot make the set charcters, then the story revolving them and the plot togther. The reason why itll be hard to make the final plot/story is cause i want it to be a good story. Something worth while. Orca you would make a good co plot/story writterif your intrested. I think court records could be the world in the game, there being mulitple towns of coarse and maybe label some parts of the map like ex police station could be something like section P.S. or something.
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

Sure it's an RPG, but the battles be turn-based, or will the fights be in real-time? Will there be a leveling system in place? Establishing how gameplay will work is crucial to making an enjoyable game. The story, contrary to popular belief, is there merely to enhance the gameplay and give the player motivation to keep going.

When it comes time though, I'm willing to lend a hand in creating the story as well.
ImageImage

Last edited by R. Bond on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sounds interesting. Although, if someone thinks an RPG sounds stupid, there are other possibilities...

FPS! (Mod some FPS game.)
Platformer! (Use Game Maker! Or modify all the graphics in SuperTux!)
Visual novel! (Use Ren'Py!)
Interactive Fiction! (Use Inform! 'You can't get ye flask.')

Also, if anyone wants to mock/insult me in the game, feel free. :edgy:

CRUUUUUUSHHHHH

Well. I like the RPG idea. Although, how would cutscenes work?

Would they be real time? Or would they be old timey Nes RPG sorta things where while the two people are talking, their pictures come up on the screen and... hang on. Let me show you.

Spoiler: Space saver

Like that? Because that would be easy. And it could give the opportunity to be artistic, too.

And minigames. It needs minigames.
I suppose Max/Franziska and Ron/Dessie. You should too.
Apparently, my avatar was made by Limey. Hooray!

A.K.A Very Melon

Cool idea, it could really work. For sprites, I´d recommend ones like in first GB pokemon games. If everyone edited their own from them, it could look sweet.
Spoiler: StepMania vids

What a Day. . .

I could edit some sprites when I'm not drawing characters and what not. Thanks Hell.
I do remember when using RPG Maker they give you pre-made sprites, can we change that?

I could be a Karate knowing Vampire who is the easiest AI in the game to kill.

Hamza would also be an enemy who throws hot sauce on your head and eats it.

I may or may not be here.

I own the coffee shop where you get food supplies.
ImageImage

Cracka-Lackin' wrote:
Well. I like the RPG idea. Although, how would cutscenes work?

Would they be real time? Or would they be old timey Nes RPG sorta things where while the two people are talking, their pictures come up on the screen and... hang on. Let me show you.

Spoiler: Space saver

Like that? Because that would be easy. And it could give the opportunity to be artistic, too.

And minigames. It needs minigames.

Yes mini games if we could make those online *dribble*
One game could be Gant Rape and another could be “Edgey alone time
Yes I know extremely perverted ideas
but you could turn the phase “Edgey alone time” around in his time you got to see how many cups of tea you can make and drink because that what edgy does in his alone time

Also in the main game we should included people from the AA world like Von karma and Croik could have a b*tch fight: bellboy:
and Gant could be the head of a gang yes the Gant rape gang where all they do is.... need I go on.
I was 17 when I joined this forum. During this time I participated in a thread that made light of sexual assault and event making jokes about it. I didn't think much of it at the time other than portraying a villain. I am older, looking back see how unacceptable & disgusting. I removed the comments because I do not wish to condone this behaviour. But of course fragments remain. I can only apologise for any hurt of distress caused.

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/ https://www.samaritans.org/

I'd so LOVE to be part of this, but the truth is, I'm actually in another similar project, in which we have designed all the characters ourself so that they don't really look like anyone living. I'm not sure if I could be in two similar projects at the same time...

Aw the Beatles were so innocent!

I could be some crazy ass guy who yells random things and generally acts insane. And I would always bring up Gant rape.
Image Image Lovely Rita

stirring

scorchgid wrote:
One game could be Gant Rape and another could be “Edgey alone time
Yes I know extremely perverted ideas
but you could turn the phase “Edgey alone time” around in his time you got to see how many cups of tea you can make and drink because that what edgy does in his alone time

I would heavily advise from this, if any of you want your game to at least have a semblance of decency. "Gant rape" is about as funny as repeating "Gant rape" over and over again. Which, let me tell you, is not actually remotely funny.

"Edgey's alone time" has been condemned by its creator.

This would be awesome, if we actually got it started I would love to contribute as a character or something. :>
Vicki made my sig~<3 Click sig to go to PW art thread!
My art blog ~ http://pheokirby.blogspot.com/
Wanna Brawl sometime? PM me for friend code~ :>

Plasma Objectioneer

GamerErman2001 wrote:
I could be some crazy ass guy who yells random things and generally acts insane. And I would always bring up Gant rape.

Hmm, seems like someone inspired you*points at your ava and the "Damon Gant can do it all!" topic*... Anyway, the concept sounds really interesting, I have a lot of time to kill lately.... I dunno how I could help though. As for my char idea... A robot mercenary is the only thing I can think of for now.

What is my liiiife?!?

Remember, the best way to make us happy is to be an affectionate parody. Which doesn't mean you can't be as caustic as you want to be. I mean, look at Avenue Q. The people who invented it were FANS of Sesame Street. XD But yeah, no Gant raep or alone time or Lolcat things please.

Also, I think writing the story around the characters makes sense. Try caracaturing the personalities on the board, hype bits of them out. For example, My character in the story could be one of the M.O.D.S (Moderation Online Defence Service) who is generally a nice guy unless he's crossed. Then he suddenly turns into Basil Fawty mode, ranting and raving and shooting at things. He's in charge of the RP dome; a lot like a holodeck. And JUST like a holodeck, it often breaks down and creates real killer characters. Hence why the rest of the world and the M.O.D.S give it a wide berth. About seven miles or so.

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

RufusLLS wrote:
The idea of having forum members in the game is great, but having the forum as a location I can't wrap my head around atm.

Phoenix, Arizona?

>8D

The only thing I have a problem with is 'Who's going to be in this game?' Will it be the regular members? Whoever contributes? Because I'm sure that somehow, we're going to leave someone out and they're going to get offended.

I mean, we can't have 3000 characters.

Saying that, I don't know WHAT role I would have in this game. I could be the hyperactiveannoyinggirl XDDD

(Or whatever you want me to do)
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

The defender of Justice!

I was thinking for maybe a part in the game that maybe the admins of the site could be npc gods or summonings. Itd be a funny idea. Sadly i dont think we can have a mini game thing, rpgmaker is limited. Unless it was a hide and seek thing. It will be a ATB type of fighting system. I already got a few tracks for the game. (pw related but ill let it be a surprise for now)
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

What a Day. . .

Wing, could you post a link to RPG Maker 2003 so that all the people who are working on the game can mess around with it to? But you keep the main game and whoever you pick as co-leader, you never know what someone else might figure out just sitting around messing with the maps, characters etc.

We seriously need some organization right now more than anything, I really want this project to get off the ground as soon as possible before things get outta control and then some people just give up.

While at work I was thinking along the lines of something like this for the game, it kinda reminds me of .hack a little.

"The Internet is so vast that people beam themselves into the internet to surf easily, and Court Records is the main hangout spot for most of us. Croik and all the mods are around and it's fun to be had by all, until trolling and hacking are being more and more of a problem. But it's becoming more serious than that, the internet itself seems to be taking a big hit in hacking too. Hacking and interruption of the net itself has gotten so bad that people have actually come out of the internet hurt or bruised!

So one day, news gets around the Forums that Croik had a fatal injury when logging out of the net. So people around the forums decided to investigate since in the real world governments and higher power organizations are ignoring the problems."

That's the premise I came up with, o_o; I also added some things while typing this. I was thinking that the game could act outside of the virtual world and the real world, so we could probably add someones home town or whatever.

What is my liiiife?!?

Of course, Croik had better turn out not really dead in some amazing twist...Got it. How about:
Spoiler:
Croik's soul was seperated from the rest of her and stored into the dark depths of the backup systems. She's found by the main character (and party) although she appears different and doesn't know who she is (So she's got a new identity) When the final bad guy is defeated, Croik (who knows who she is now) fuses with the server to heal it. It seems to be a heroic sacrifice... until the darkness is finally pushed back and she is revealed as the new guardian of CR (With awesome powers)

Just an idea I had. :)

Smooth operator

I have a bad idea!

How about some super mega hacker dude comes in the forum, and hacks in the system as an admin, and bans all of our admins and all of us, and being the people we are we decide to find the guy and bust a cap in his ass. But he's actually a scientist who takes pleasure in destroying forums because he thinks society needs to go outside more. Because he thinks things will get worse after Bush.

Well I tried, I'll try to contribute if you need me to.
But I'd like to be an NCP.

Like the hint guy, or a shopkeeper.

What a Day. . .

That sounds awesome!
I never had any intention to let Croik die in the story xD! I would be hated for life on the fourms for killing her LOLOL!!

Damn, going to have to start writing some of this down asap.

Going to draw Croik's character art tonight too while it's fresh in my head, I'm kinda seeing her like Roslina from SMG. Don't ask why.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dang, those are both great ideas! I could totally help with the script and all. And I'd love to be the roaming musician. XD
-The PW Musical!- In love with, and CR married to, Winged Cloud! <3

Master of sharp things!

winged cloud wrote:
Rpgmaker kinda means an rpg...
hmm orca has a point. If we made the plot like using orcas idea, then after the plot make the set charcters, then the story revolving them and the plot togther. The reason why itll be hard to make the final plot/story is cause i want it to be a good story. Something worth while. Orca you would make a good co plot/story writterif your intrested. I think court records could be the world in the game, there being mulitple towns of coarse and maybe label some parts of the map like ex police station could be something like section P.S. or something.

I don't think I'd be much of a writer. I'm better at giving pointers and such than actual written work. But if you want to use a character of me for anything in your game, feel free to do so. :hobohodo:

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

I think we should really get this off the ground and start an official thread. Appoint some leaders. Get some deadlines. Find some artists, writers, ect.

We're never going to get anywhere if we just chat about it. We need progress!

(I'm really into this XDD)

AND we're going to have to find a way to get everyone who wants to be in IN. Should CR members just be people that you talk to on the street? Who's going to be in the storyline? Ect, ect.
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

Last edited by Addikt on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

stirring

Another quick tip:

If you really want this to be a truly "CR" game, then you'll want to make sure that every single character in it is a member of the site. If you make up original characters, that sort of dwindles the purpose.

On the subject of "who", I recommend using more recognizable veterans of the site first, and spanning out from there. Because, as implied by the "recognizable", more people will know them and it will enhance the experience as a game based around the forums.

Oh, God, no. The forum I go to the most attempted this once... and, my, my, my, it was SCARY!

They had different buildings for different boards and you could talk to different members... and, wow, you played as me. D: Yeah, I starred in my own game. But let me tell you, it was TERRIBLE!

If you guys attempt this, make sure it's good! I don't want to play another Ifca:The game!

Edit: I could help out, if you want. I've been known for making decent sprites and pretty good Midi's.

Hey, I got this awesome idea for the main bad guy!
GearsoftheApparatus! :beef:

But seriously, I was doing a little thinking about the enemies in the story. What if we turned the mods/admins into the main antagonists? I mean, imagine that there's a corrupt government agency called M.O.D.S. that's using their overwhelming power to terrorize the citizens of Wherever-this-takes-place, and it's your job to overthrough the evil organization and restore peace to the land. And the final bosses: Croik with her Potatoes of Doom, and her evil henchman Kenji!

C'mon, you gotta admit that'd be pretty sweet, right? For us members, anyway. :godot:
ImageImage

What a Day. . .

Holy Hell wrote:
Another quick tip:

If you really want this to be a truly "CR" game, then you'll want to make sure that every single character in it is a member of the site. If you make up original characters, that sort of dwindles the purpose.

On the subject of "who", I recommend using more recognizable veterans of the site first, and spanning out from there. Because, as implied by the "recognizable", more people will know them and it will enhance the experience as a game based around the forums.

All the popular people that I can name right off the top of my head.

Holy Hell
Balrog
Wrestlemania
Tinker
Gears-Whatever his name is now
Donald Serrot
The Doctor
xfma_addictx
MikeMeekinsFan
Darzie P
DefenseNeverRests

Just right off the top of my head. . . man. Whoever is in the main party, were going to need some serious cooperation from them.

RufusLLS wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:
Another quick tip:

All the popular people that I can name right off the top of my head.

Holy Hell
Balrog
Wrestlemania
Tinker
Gears-Whatever his name is now
Donald Serrot
The Doctor
xfma_addictx
MikeMeekinsFan
Darzie P
DefenseNeverRests

Just right off the top of my head. . . man. Whoever is in the main party, were going to need some serious cooperation from them.

:larry: Guess I should post more.
ImageImage

What a Day. . .

Don't take it so seriously! XD!
Even though you are on my XBL friendlist . . .
I have an excuse though, I was thinking right off the top of my head.

I'd be fine if I was just referenced to in the text or something. I haven't really been that much of a popular person really, so yeah... (I have made a couple smilies though. :beta-phoenix: )

And, a plot idea:
GearsoftheApparatus or whatever as a villain! (Made small in case he still browses the forums... he gives you the feeling that somehow, even though he's banned, he will find you and flame you. :[ )

@Rufus: I don't really care either way, as long as I get a cameo or put in the credits. :redd:

Just remember this next time we play each other on XBL, though... :darke:
ImageImage

CRUUUUUUSHHHHH

Oh man. This is getting even better.

And I'd love to see Wresty as a party member. xD

But maybe, what you could do, is have temporary party members? Like, ones that join you for a short time before leaving, and then have a few that are on your final party.

And maybe have a few of them turn evil.

Personally, I'd love to be one of those comedic relief villains.
I suppose Max/Franziska and Ron/Dessie. You should too.
Apparently, my avatar was made by Limey. Hooray!

What a Day. . .

Was looking around at different version of RPG Maker and found that there's a XP version and a VX versoin.

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/

http://tkool.jp/products/rpgvx/eng/index.html

If I get put into something like this (if it's even made), whether it be villain, cameo, or whatever, call me gamefan06. More people know me by that screenname than this one. And I must be really annoying >:D
If you are reading this, then you're not illiterate.
Page 2 of 14 [ 545 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games