Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 13 of 14[ 545 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Re: Court Records THE GAME! (Court Records: In Linea Bataille)Topic%20Title

It's Godot backwards.

Just so you know... R Bond and I are still here for any last minute help or anything. After all this, I feel kind of useless.
It appears I have started a roleplay called A World of Super Humans. You should join it.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Downloading the demo as I type this. =)

EDIT: ...Okay. I'm officially psyched for this game. =D The one thing I would suggest is to make the music looping, and maybe have some for the loooong ship ride. Other than that, it's really pretty and awesome. =)
-The PW Musical!- In love with, and CR married to, Winged Cloud! <3

A.K.A Very Melon

@Winged Cloud: This is awesome. Movement was smooth, text was smooth, battle system worked. Keep going! (I was too a little confused about logging out thingie.)

(I saw DarzieP!)
Spoiler: StepMania vids

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

It was pretty good. The writing has much improved since the last version.
Some critique and things I noticed:

- The old man guy at the start calls the forest to the west the Noob Forest, while the sign says it's called the Training Forest.

- Some speech isn't complete (goes too far to the right of the speech window and is thus unfinished per line) - it's a RPG Maker bug, but you can fix it by making shorter lines.

- The beginning forest is very hard if you have bad luck - if you get to the troll and had groups of four enemies all the time, it's pretty much undoable.

- Have people write their own texts. The NPC text was great, but the Player text was kind of weird and out of character for some of them - plus, all they had to say were bland statements that anyone could have.

Otherwise, it looks great, has some funny music placements (Steel Samurai in the shop was pretty awesome) and funny character looks. Good going!

The defender of Justice!

I forgot to add the ship music... oh well the final version will contain it. Also Im not sure If i can loop the music in the game to restart instatnly. Thanks Tinker for the forest name mix up. Didnt catch that. Yeah the first area was pretty tough for the beginning. I'll make it easier on the final. And for the users, text. It was just for demo sake. I didnt want to get everyone saying there lines just yet. It was just a little thing saying, hey we're users and we talk, whoo. kind of thing. Im still glad its well liked so far! Oh and just so everybody knows. Theres going to be a lot of updates to the start off this game on the final version. Theres going to be a opening scene with more story, and a more detailed gears vs croik event in terms of talking. I'm really hoping this story will turn out great and everyone ( or most ) people will like it.

Also soon I plan on having updates again. Also I plan on having development videos again. It isnt going to be concept videos like the others, It'll be the final version videos. It'll show off some scenes from the game, world map, and battles and such. It'll hopefully get everyone more excited about the game and allow people the see whats happening with the game. No I wont put up spoilers, and no the videos wont be in game order. So you would see a scene or video from the game, but it could be from a way later part in the game and such.
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

TLS Admin and Representative

winged cloud wrote:
I forgot to add the ship music... oh well the final version will contain it. Also Im not sure If i can loop the music in the game to restart instatnly. Thanks Tinker for the forest name mix up. Didnt catch that. Yeah the first area was pretty tough for the beginning. I'll make it easier on the final. And for the users, text. It was just for demo sake. I didnt want to get everyone saying there lines just yet. It was just a little thing saying, hey we're users and we talk, whoo. kind of thing. Im still glad its well liked so far! Oh and just so everybody knows. Theres going to be a lot of updates to the start off this game on the final version. Theres going to be a opening scene with more story, and a more detailed gears vs croik event in terms of talking. I'm really hoping this story will turn out great and everyone ( or most ) people will like it.

Also soon I plan on having updates again. Also I plan on having development videos again. It isnt going to be concept videos like the others, It'll be the final version videos. It'll show off some scenes from the game, world map, and battles and such. It'll hopefully get everyone more excited about the game and allow people the see whats happening with the game. No I wont put up spoilers, and no the videos wont be in game order. So you would see a scene or video from the game, but it could be from a way later part in the game and such.

Okay. Just tell me a broad estimate of what you want me to do (make a long list or something) and I'll get it done over the week when you can't do so. Also, as it is to be expected, I would like "Whim of a Murderous Gentleman" as my theme song.

Youtube version of audio: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UdrxE5FvfNs

My E-Mail is hakurodekiller@gmail.com . Send me whatever you need me to work on whether it be coding or anything.

What is my liiiife?!?

It's good, but here's something I think that should be added. When you give the guy the Beginning light, he heals you. It's just I got stuck in the town on 3 hp and couldn't find any way to heal myself as all the shops were closed. Otherwise It's really good! I'm going to go back and play it again to see if I get further :3

I may or may not be here.

Remember to buy lot's of cocoa while you play everyone!

My guy needs a fedora, ayup, a fedora!
ImageImage

Donald Serrot wrote:
Remember to buy lot's of cocoa while you play everyone!

My guy needs a fedora, ayup, a fedora!

Yessir, Indiana Serrot!

What is my liiiife?!?

It's pretty ironic that after complaining about difficulty theres a way to kill most of it. XD
Spoiler: Since this can spoil the demo a bit
If you simply hang around and fight random battles for a while, you can afford all the defensive items in the shop. With all of the defensive points, it makes the game REALLY easy. The lower monsters can hardly do anything to you, some don't even hurt you at all.

To fix it, I think that we need to either price up the defensive items or weaken them. I suggest doing both to a small degree. :3

I've been thinking about how Don could be introduced to the player.
You could have the player walking along and suddenly (cut scene!) there is some guy being attacked by a monster!
The player could start to say "That guy is being attacked! And that monster is huge! Maybe I shou-" and before he can even finish Don defeats the monster in one hit! (I know, uber power character... but if he's traveling through dungeons to sell his wares he needs to be able to have no problem getting around.)
Then the player could run up all impressed and ask Don how he got so good. To which Don would reply, "My boy, I drink a mug of hot cocoa every day! It keeps me fit and in fighting form!" Then you could go to his standard text, "I travel the land selling my custom wares! Can I interest you in what I have to sell?"

You could also add a little bit of extra character to the main player to add some humor, like at the mere mention of the word "noob" he could get all defensive, "You think I'm a noob don't you! Admit it!"

I don't know much about this RPG maker so I don't know how easy it is to change stuff like that once it's been put in.
I could also try making some custom sprites for Don... He looks like some kind of fat dude right now... If you don't mind... You are the one making the game after all.

If you want any help with making Don more like me just let me know what you need! I'd be glad to help!
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

Well actually it wont be to hard to put in because i plan on saving the demo game and starting a brand new folder for the final game. Im going to re put all the scenes, update them, add stuff in and such so I can add in some stuff you mentioned. Actual development isnt going to be done yet until I finish the main story, sid quests, side storys and all that stuff because itll be hard to add them in on a later date. So thats my top priorty at the moment. I like what you said for Dons entrance. Also I'd love to have a rpgmaker 2003 sprite of Don! I was hoping actually you could do that or anyone else.

( Im surprised no one has mentioned the fact when you go to a inn the music that plays when you rest...)
Image Image Image

Glad you liked the idea! I can't wait to see how it turns out! (You'll make the monster bigger and nastier than any other in the game right? XD)
I'll probably take a look and see if any of the sprite sheets that came with the download come close to how I would picture Don. I can see him (not fat) with a fedora on his head and a big brown coat.
I may also look at the dialog faces and see about editing a Don one for that to.

I did notice the music when you sleep! It's the PW end of chapter save screen music! I liked that!
I just got to the small town where you meet Winged Cloud and I noticed that it's music is much louder than all the rest of the music in the game... it's a good thing I live alone right now. XD
You may want to make it quieter. I'm sure Audacity can do that.

Other than that it seems to be pretty good! Nice work!
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

Actually theres a louder track coming up XD but yeah thanks for mentioning that because i wouldnt have caught the volume. But then again the volume for me isnt a problme but ill edit it by the final version. God I want to post the entire game soundtrack right now but im not going to for a simple reason. Many tracks would be better left a surprise when the player actually gets to the point in the game to hear it. But ill be making some concept videos in the near future, maybe one today ...maybe...
Image Image Image

I'll watch for it!Image
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

Oh no Its a snap shot of a concept scen in the game. Intro the Hurtz

Remeber this is just a concept of it but expect it to be simular to this, just a little picture for everyone to see.
Image Image Image

Apprentice tactician Jio

(Game... so.... addicting.... Can't... stop... playing....)
Awesome job on the demo, bro! I think this'll get me to procrastinate on my projects even more! XD

Anything you need me to do? I still need to add in the Battle Animations and weapon animations for Hakuro...

Also, I plan to E-Mail you a little scene I have concocted for mid-late game if you would accept it.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

winged cloud wrote:
Oh no Its a snap shot of a concept scen in the game. Intro the Hurtz

Remeber this is just a concept of it but expect it to be simular to this, just a little picture for everyone to see.

Oh god, zuddharina's is going to like this.

The defender of Justice!

Godot fans rejoice!!! The game has replaced the bars from the game with coffee houses! And each place will have Godots theme playing in it. Now Donald's going to have some compition! Also the coffee will be clevary named. Godots 12th cup' Godots finest, things like that!
Image Image Image

Competition for my cocoa! NEVER! MY COCOA IS THE FINEST!
But Godot is awesome, maybe we could be business partners! XD

I'll have the Don sprites for you soon, I just need to find the right base! XD
ImageImage

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Godot approves. :godot: Also, which base did you use for the sprites? I can't seem to find it.
-The PW Musical!- In love with, and CR married to, Winged Cloud! <3

I tried one of the sprite makers for the world sprites and edited one of the faces that came with the download of the game.
And the fedora was custom. I even decided to save the fedora as a separate sheet by itself.
I hope this is acceptable.Image
ImageImage

Donald Serrot wrote:
I tried one of the sprite makers for the world sprites and edited one of the faces that came with the download of the game.
And the fedora was custom. I even decided to save the fedora as a separate sheet by itself.
I hope this is acceptable.Image

I like it! Very nice job, but why use a facemaker for faces? You can just use a face pic of one of your personas, just keep it the same size and you'll be fine!

I didn't use the face maker, I edited one of the faces that with the CR game.
I wanted to match the style of the game. But I'm not sure how much I like how it came out to be honest.
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

I'm holding a request board in sense now. How it'll work is anyone can request something about that game. Like can so and so be in the game, or can maybe a scene like this or something of that sort, hell even music requests. But just because you requested it doesnt mean it'll appear in the game. And I might have to not reply to a request if i plan on using it and have it a spolier. So think things up, suggest them and lets see if they make it into the game! Im open to many requests.
Image Image Image

Maybe CR Mafia could get a mention or two in the game. It's become a pretty big part of CR "culture", and having Mafians out and about might give you the chance to open up some subplots and develop the story a bit more.
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

I have come with 2 new updates. The first is the Logo for the game! The background isnt final but the logo more than likely will be final.

Spoiler:

and the next is a revamped version of the log in screen, this is the final version i wanted for the demo. Better late then never.

Spoiler:

I hope you enjoy these updates and expect more soon!

P.s. you might have to clisk the video for it to go to the screen to play
Image Image Image

So what's going on with this project? Anything new?
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

Many things new actually.... But I was informed that it might be in my best intrest to keep the game on the down low until the game is roughly 90 % done then start showing off videos, pictures and such to remind people this game was in development, and get them excited about it since itd be close to done. Reason is if I started showing off updates now many people may lose intrest or be expecting a lot more out of the game. I will do some updates here and there, but nothing to the point of new updates every week. But I will confirm the game is still in the development. In fact I have just confirmed a new party memeber to the game which will not be named until the game is further closer to release. So I'm gonna ask all users who are going to appear as party memebers that they dont mention it untill the game is close to done. As for progress right now, The First chapter is In heavy development, both areas and story, and the 2nd chapter is as well. The 3rd chapter is on hold right now, just to focus on the first 2 mainly. The beta version of Rein's sprite is going smoothly. I say beta cause the first chapter will be made into a beta, and then remade to reflect all final changes to the system, and then the ch 2 and 3 will be made and finished ( area wise, the story will be done by then) Currently we are in a debate on if were going to use 3d max for some cutscenes ( example is the new verison of the log in screen) or flash video...but yeah. Theres a bit of a update for everyone..haha. Well you may all stil discuss and ask questions reguarding the game. I want the public to be more aware of this game so feel free to talk about it.

oh btw Croik has no envolvment in the game, She isnt really intrested in it which is odd considering its a game for CR and relating to CR but whatever, so Its only me and a few other people working on the game. None of the mods ever reply to me on the game so the only mod whos shown a actual intrest and has contacted me personaily is Gerkuman.
Image Image Image

The defender of Justice!

I have new updates. All Sprite wise. I will not be posting much updates until the game is nearing complition. But to tide you over here are som sprites of characters. Rein will remain the same as he was in the demo, but all party members will have a unquie look

Winged cloud's sprite

Spoiler:

Croik's Sprite

Spoiler:

Gears

Spoiler:

Tajiri Ami

Spoiler:

Holy Hell

Spoiler:

Comfortably Numb

Spoiler:

And those are just whats been finished right now and arent spoilers!
Image Image Image

Last edited by winged cloud on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That one guy from that one place

wow those sprites are pretty good.

Signature made byThe Great Delsy

I refuse to change my avatar

HOW DID I MISS THIS?! Aw man....Weelll.....Wait, The odds for someone like me even having a .000001% chance of appearing is so slim my hope for popping is gone and you have much done already. Well, I shall play every thing and try and get my info on all of the Members in the game up to date....Say, Which User's are in the game anyway?

*Leaves to mope or maybe do other things I guess. Maybe go back to my box*

I get this odd feeling I must get the Demo and then Play old FF games at the same time.

Edit!!!

For some reason, When I downloaded the demo I could not play it. Instead I basically got a bunch of random things. Is this game only for Windows or something? What do I need to play it? Is it possible for me to play it on My MAC OS X.3.9 Laptop?!

Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Yo Dawg!

any chance i can be included in the game? At least an appearence?

The defender of Justice!

@Game Over: I have never tried it on Mac before so I dont know if it will work or not. What you downloaded is im assuming a folder with diffrent things in it. Open the folder and scroll down untill you see the program called RPG_RT .exe, the symbol for the program will either be a sword, or a character holding a sword. If Mac doesnt have icons then just find the program i mentioned and make sure its the application and not anything else. It should work. Also dont be so down and negative on yourself about being in our not. I havent released the final roster of party memebers ( Which I dont think I will considering some things should be a surprise) And there will be NPC Users around the game. Pretty much meaning your user name can be somewhere in the game and you can have a conversation with them. Sure it might not be epic or anything but its something.

@Neon Lemmy Koopa : As I mentioned to Game Over, Yes there is a chance you can at least make a appearance within the game as a NPC or so. The game isnt 100% done yet so anything is possible with any user on the forum.

But as a mini help to people who dont want to go thread searching, Here is a sample party list ( More have been confirmed but spoilers)

Rein= (main character and a OC)
Winged Cloud
Tajiri Ami
Comfortably Numb
HDK

as I said more will join you.
Image Image Image

Last edited by winged cloud on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh....Let me download it again. And I guess I will be your Mac tester or something.

For some reason I constanly see me self in either a box or at the Game Over screen laughing at the guys/gals who die then despertaly beg to be let free as I can't leave due to myname being "Game Over"....

I will edit this post again and see If I can truly play it...
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

The defender of Justice!

Heh.

Just as a heads up, the game has been massiviely improven since this outdated demo, its funny how outdated it is.
Image Image Image

Mostly human

this game sounds interesting. Speaking of users being made into npcs, is there any chance of some users being generic enemies or even bosses?

winged cloud wrote:
Heh.

Just as a heads up, the game has been massiviely improven since this outdated demo, its funny how outdated it is.

D:

I still can not play it. I used Stuffit Expander to open it...Maybe that's the problem....Weel, I GET EVERYTHING but your demo. Literraly everything. The Maps, The enemy's, Freaking everything but being able to play it. I will keep trying....

EDIT!!!:

Sorry for this being big but it seems no matter how I extract the Files I can not get it to play. It seems you have not made this game to play for MAC and so.....I am incredibly sad.....Okay, I really, Really, Really, hope you somehow fix this....If someone else has a MAC and has made it work, TELL ME NOW! Okay, I am done.

Last edited by Game Over on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The defender of Justice!

@nose: Yes several users will be enemys. Rather its a player killer or a story driven user ( AKA The hurtz mainly which is certain users on the forum) Non of them are mega bosses that threaten the game, but there are indeed users as bosses.

@gameover: Sigh...well I guess I will edit and make a another Demo based off the updates. And hopefully you will be able to play that copy...

EDIT: It might take a hr or so to put up the revised demo, I have a lot to edit through so be patient
Image Image Image
Page 13 of 14 [ 545 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games