Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 41 of 41[ 1639 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Re: Phoenix Wright: Remnants of the PastTopic%20Title

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Hey everyone, here to make another tiny update. I'll try and do more of these this time to show I'm actually progressing. First off, I'm currently keeping in touch with KSA_Tech and attempting to port over ROTP to PWLib 1.2, which will take a bit of shifting and the such.

Also, DeMatador and I are hopefully going to start searching for a new solid team to stick with us the whole way through, and we're going to search for ALL sorts of help. Spriting, videos, voice acting, and other little graphic works as well, but more on that when the time is right.

Finally, I'm still re-typing up the script from my memory when I have free time, but I've decided to change a few of the new character names (but not the already important ones), and to make everything fit together better. More on that later as well.

For now, I found the trailer, remastered the colours and uploaded to YouTube to be viewed in 1080p! Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqTYLjcc ... ature=plcp
Enjoy!
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Update-o-rama!

As of late, I've been focusing on rewriting that 1000 page script I unfortunately lost (from memory as best as I can, mind you), and scouting the best potential voice actors/actresses for the project as well. For people who are curious about how the voice acting will work, there are plans to have an option to turn the voices on or off depending on your preference. I'm hoping the VAs (who are quite good, by the way) will bring a whole new level of atmosphere to the game- a different take on the series, if you will.

Also, I'm still currently somewhat working without a team at the moment. DeMatador has kindly offered to help with general stuff, but aside from that, I'm still looking for assistance. The most important thing I need right now is programmers who can program in PWLib/AIGE. If you have the ability to program in that from a simple written script, then please let me know. Thanks.
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

PWLib / AIGE developer

'Lo folks, I've been recruited to be the coder for this and get us going!
I'll leave papermario to inform you on the rest of what's going on, but let this post serve as a "I'm onboard".
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Spread the word- progress is occurring in most of the departments, and all information/updates will be shown on my blog. Link here: http://hiroi-sekai.com/projects/phoenix ... -the-past/

We're getting official artwork for new characters. We're getting talented voice actors. We've got a talented and experienced music composer. Many thanks to DDRKhat for offering to help with programming as well (I'm constantly working on stuff when I can). And for the story, I'm afraid you're stuck with me, hehe. :p

Thanks again everyone, stay tuned.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Progress is still being made, for those of you still around. We're actually developing Trucy's Theme at the moment; can't spill the beans on much, but do know this project is in high gear. A majority of artworks for the new characters are completed (there will be other artworks too), talented voice actors are filling the roles (Rina-chan, Miku-tan and many others. Even possibly working on Egoraptor, hopefully), and we'll be getting a full-sized soundtrack produced as well.

Step back, because ROTP is as big as it always was. We're working hard to get the demo made, so thanks for your everlasting patience!

Wotter boy

I would love to help on this game... but all I could really do is, and this is a big maybe, make sprites of characters....
Still can't wait for this though!!!

I'm glad to hear this still exists, though I do hope you understand that, if this game turns out to be anything less then perfect after all this time in developemnt, I and a lot of other people are going to pull it's metaphorical arms off.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Never mess with a kid with an agenda

So this project still exists, neat. It was juuuuust starting last time I visited the ol' Court records forum.

I reckon I'll keep on eye on it, and if you ever need a VA for Larry, I've got previous experience in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhbT2JbbdI
(As I'm sure no one from 2008 remembers me ^_^;; )

Anyway, I'll try and remember to keep an eye on progress around here.
Sig links to my fanfic. MayaXPhoenix. Romance/humor. Final chapter is up.

PWLib / AIGE developer

Hello there, anyone that's watching. I'm having difficulties so I've decided I'd post up here if someone could help me(/us) out.
I'm sat trying to port the music from the NDS roms into a modular format (.it) I've had some success with some of the songs but others aren't coming out that well.
If there's any audio engineers in the audience, speak up here or PM me!

Mayaaaaa!

It's been over a year since I've checked this forum; just popped into my mind for some reason. Any updates? Currently have a lot of work so I'll be focusing on that right now, would be nice to see it finished by the end of 2013. Good luck as always :will:
Astro A40s !

DDRKhat wrote:
Hello there, anyone that's watching. I'm having difficulties so I've decided I'd post up here if someone could help me(/us) out.
I'm sat trying to port the music from the NDS roms into a modular format (.it) I've had some success with some of the songs but others aren't coming out that well.
If there's any audio engineers in the audience, speak up here or PM me!

I don't know the steps you took to get some songs to work. Some games/NDS Roms' tracks are just impossible to rip (because there is either no sequence data the available ripping tools can find, which means the music is in .strm format, or that there is sequence/instrument data in a weird format that the available tools do not understand what it is).

In a typical NDS game, music consists of individual sequences (so one "midi" file per track), and the instrument data the sequences refer to (typically named sound banks).

The available tools out there can rip NDS rom musics' sequences into MIDI files and the instrument data to DLS (Downloadable Sound format).

Convert your MIDI to a .it format (Mod Plug Tracker should do the trick)

You'll need to convert your .dls instruments pertaining to your MIDI as an individual .ITI (Impulse Tracker Instrument)

Import the Midi'd .IT file into the Impulse Tracker program, for you have to manually load every single instrument (the converted DLS files that became .ITIs) after you import the .IT file.

However, most likely the track will sound out of whack so you have to manually play with all the envelope settings.

IMO, it would be easier for you to handle NDS rom data music into a program like FL studio so you don't have to individually guess and figure out which channel the instrument needs to be loaded in (though I've never used Impulse Tracker myself so I don't know).

To prove I'm not talking out of nowhere, please check out some tracks I "remade/ported" in regards to some AA tracks:

https://soundcloud.com/huddini/sets/ace-attorney-remixes-remakes
https://soundcloud.com/huddini/sets/gk2-remixes-remakes-etc

I just blue myself

I don't know if this counts as "necro-posting" since this was a pretty hyped up project but, with all the Ace Attorney 5 talk happening, I was just curious...what happened?

Is this still going on because the trailer and some of the stuff I read got me really excited for this. It's a darn shame that this got hyped up so much because now it seems to be falling through the cracks and with GS5 already released in Japan, this game will not even potentially be canon. I know that's a minor concern but it's just a little...something.

Anyway, I would like to get awareness up for this fangame and see if papermario13689 is still up for it or at least, release the script even if possible. I would like to see this realised before the western release of Dual Destinies though I doubt that very much. It's just such a shame to see such a potential project and a great team fall. I hope that people notice this and pursue this project because really, from what I read this is a very creative, ambitious project.

Best of luck!
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Dracarys!

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
I would like to see this realised before the western release of Dual Destinies

I can pretty much promise you that this will NOT be the case. DD is a few months away at the most.

FWEET CLICK FWEET

can we have a link to the game please

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

edgey2000 wrote:
can we have a link to the game please

Yes... A jolly good request... However, there seems to be a slight problem with it.
This "game" has yet to be finalized, and as such, no links to it exist to the public (as in us, people) as of yet.

Fate Testarossa

Considering Case One hasn't even been released... Yeah, fat chance.

Fate is made by クロス

FWEET CLICK FWEET

there is a contadicttion I that statement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEFyL1Er37Q

Dracarys!

There's no contradiction. The game hasn't been released. That video was probably just uploaded to create hype. And if you'll notice, that was three years ago.

If anything was finished, we would know by now.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Folks, the project shall never "die". However, I do feel the need to cement that I am a full-time college student and a 25-30 hour/week worker. On top of that, this is a similar case for the people who help out for no pay. We forever want this to be made by fans for fans, and not much can be done when people have to leave to live their lives. Yes, that HAS happened many times to this point.

The initial team broke when Court-Records.net broke down for like a year as well, so we had no means of communication. All I can say is, when someone leaves, I spend whatever time I can to fill the spot again and to try and get the project rolling again. Sadly, it's just not that easily done. What I will absolutely not do is subdue the quality of the production in order to release something a quarter completed to the masses. I would much rather release this in my fifties as a well-executed project rather than release it now as a piece of shovelware.

I'm sad to say it, but Court Records just isn't as active and exciting to me anymore, and I really have no time to pop on here and be active like I used to. That said, I continuously have made small updates about the project on my personal blog. I ask that you check out this page for the newest information I can pass onto you for the game.

I don't mean to be stingy either, but I feel the need to inform everyone of just what sort of work goes into a production like this. Without intending to insinuate that the people waiting have no knowledge of it, but it's a lot more effort than one might anticipate.

Scripting
- One full script of each character's dialogue for the voice actors (to be used in dynamic mode).
- One full script detailing every emotion, sound clip, music piece, cutaway and detail for programming.

Programming
- Each line of text must be set to a character, text colour and character box, and must be trial-and-error timed so dialogue flows at a natural speed.
- Characters must be coded in, introduced with more code and synchronized to the events on hand.
- Evidence, profiles and other additives must be introduced at certain intervals using more code.
- Documents must be set to introduce general rules (white flashes, fade ins, background sets, etc.) for future use.
- All code must be constantly proofread to ensure no breaks in the code occur. Any one character of incorrect text breaks several pieces of tied code.
- For investigations, each searchable area must be trial-and-error hitboxed so only those portions are interactive. These hitboxes must then link to respective conversation branches.
- Each potential investigation spot, talk option and paths in and out of court must be scripted and coded.
- New characters, evidence, portfolios and graphics must be set and introduced in code.
- The game must also be coded twice: once for the dynamic mode (with voice acting and auto-scrolling text to simulate a movie) and another for classic mode (click progression with sound byte text)

Music
- A brand new soundtrack of 58 tracks was planned and detailed.
- Each piece must work into a coherent set, and must be at least 1.5 - 3 minutes long.
- All pieces must successfully loop so they replay.

Art
- New characters are set to have artwork done for them.
- Case images require new artwork as well.
- Art for the soundtrack and additional pieces all require original artwork.

In-Game Art
- Brand new spritesheets for the new characters must be developed.
- New backgrounds, evidence and sprites must be completed for insertion.

Videography
- A second trailer featuring a more focused showing of the cases has been planned out.
- The trailer is also set to showcase the new characters and voices.

Voice Acting
- Hundreds upon hundreds of auditions were listened to in order to filter out the best potential matches for characters.
- Each voice actor must provide a frightening number of lines for their parts.
- Each line must also flow between other lines, or they must be entirely scrapped and recorded again.

Testing
- Constant testing must be done to ensure no errors, typos and/or mistakes/contradictions occur in the script.
- As there is no skip option, testers must run from beginning to end upon each test.

So now you can kind of get a grasp of just how much we have to do. Our current team is literally three strong, with a good number of voice actors teetering underneath. We're unsure when and where these voices will become unavailable with their other projects constantly in the works.

With all of that said, I hope you'll continue to give us strength and support us. The release of Dual Destinies means nothing to this project, as I never intended it to be the real GS5 to begin with. It was built from the ground up to fit between the stories of Justice For All and Trials & Tribulations (with splashes of Apollo Justice), and that's what it will continue to be. Rest assured that unless I meet with an unfortunate, premature and devastating doom, this project will continue to push on. All I can sum up is: "We're doing all that we humanly can. Please continue to support us, as you are our motivation and lifeblood. We would have no reason to attempt this otherwise."

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

papermario13689 wrote:
*wall of text which I have suprisingly bothered to read*

Ah! Very good, I am now aware that this is still alive, and you can be sure to have my support!
Good luck with your continued effords to turn this project onto a reality! :edgy:

Call me Kass.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN

cheers all around, and i wish you all the best in the endeavour!

I just blue myself

This is fantastic news to hear. I wish I could help but I'm not a programmer, coder, artist or voice actor. Although, I do have experience with making videos, and Phoenix Wright videos, which I have done several of which these past 5 years (slightly longer than this project has been going on). I'd be happy to lend my skills there to this project? Thank you very much and let's hope that this project will one day be complete...
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Yes, Blue hair. Prob?

Glad to see it's still alive. I've been following this project since 2009 (as a CR guest) and I will continue to follow this project until... something happens with it.
Developer of The RBL-PHNiX Engine.
A long time Ace Attorney fan... who finally decided to join the community.

Wotter boy

It's nice to see this project still going round.
I can't offer much more help than sprite-work, however.

Two more games coming up soon

Once again, papermario13689, I admire your perseverance. As a fellow game creator, I know how you feel, and hope you'll eventually get to see the product of your imagination turned into reality :)
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

PWLib / AIGE developer

Just to clarify, papermario13689. If you could re-establish a method to contact me, that would be brilliant. We used to converse via skype but that does not seem to be the case anymore.

Cut the voice acting and the need for the video and you could cut yourself alot of time :P

What progress has actually been made since the last update? (as in, the development of the actual game?)

I'm all for getting hyped over new music pieces, but I'd really like to see some concrete progress of the actual game development.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Hey Papes. PM me when you're available, and send me some way to contact you through IM, like Skype or Facebook or whatever. I've got some stuff I'd like to talk about with you :)

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

DeMatador wrote:
Hey Papes. PM me when you're available, and send me some way to contact you through IM, like Skype or Facebook or whatever. I've got some stuff I'd like to talk about with you :)

Sent you a PM. ;)

Huddini wrote:
Cut the voice acting and the need for the video and you could cut yourself alot of time :P

What progress has actually been made since the last update? (as in, the development of the actual game?)

I'm all for getting hyped over new music pieces, but I'd really like to see some concrete progress of the actual game development.

Great suggestions. So great in fact, that I've already been following them. ;) Voice acting and the video has just been a plan; I just wrote them in so people can see the scale of the overall project. As I mentioned in my lengthy post, I've basically been attending full-time college for a design/web development diploma as well as working about 25-30 hours on average at my local Target electronics department. The very few bits of free time I've had between these+homework has been spent on rewriting that corrupt script from a while back, as well as polishing the bits that were originally poorly written. I definitely understand your want to see more progress in the actual development, but unless all of the necessary components are actually compiled first, we'll just hit roadblocks when coding.

DDRKhat wrote:
Just to clarify, papermario13689. If you could re-establish a method to contact me, that would be brilliant. We used to converse via skype but that does not seem to be the case anymore.

Messaged you on Skype, I think you were away. We're still good for Skype, I've just been busy.

Ping' wrote:
Once again, papermario13689, I admire your perseverance. As a fellow game creator, I know how you feel, and hope you'll eventually get to see the product of your imagination turned into reality :)

Thanks Ping', that means a lot. It's been rather tough juggling this with real life stuff, but I really do want to see it to the end, no matter what.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
It's nice to see this project still going round.
I can't offer much more help than sprite-work, however.

Maybe we can work something out, do a demo sprite or something to see if your spriting work can match what's been planned. Send me a PM if you're interested? Thanks :3

JoTS wrote:
Glad to see it's still alive. I've been following this project since 2009 (as a CR guest) and I will continue to follow this project until... something happens with it.

Thanks, your dedication is uplifting. I'll keep at it as best as my schedule allows me. :)

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
This is fantastic news to hear. I wish I could help but I'm not a programmer, coder, artist or voice actor. Although, I do have experience with making videos, and Phoenix Wright videos, which I have done several of which these past 5 years (slightly longer than this project has been going on). I'd be happy to lend my skills there to this project? Thank you very much and let's hope that this project will one day be complete...

That sounds very nice, do you have a link to your previous videos you could send via PM? If you're up for it, I could start sending you details on what I had planned for the second trailer so you'd get tons of time to focus on it.

nwghibli wrote:
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN

cheers all around, and i wish you all the best in the endeavour!

It surely will, thanks for your support. ;)

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Ah! Very good, I am now aware that this is still alive, and you can be sure to have my support!
Good luck with your continued effords to turn this project onto a reality! :edgy:

Thank you very much, I'm doing all that I can. Hopefully it will exceed your expectations. ;)

Last edited by papermario13689 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fate Testarossa

Heh. I remember this way back in the day. Though I still remain... Slightly skeptical, I guess, I still win you best of luck in your endeavors. Juggling case making with real life is not any fun in the slightest.

Fate is made by クロス

So basically no actual progress has been made. Got it.

Great Revival

So, is this project dead? I really want to play it...eventually.

It is really sad, considering how hyped everyone seemed about this project, but it seems it is likely dead. Though the autor seems to have come back from really long hiatus before, so who knows.
Signature loading, please wait...

Great Revival

cesar26100 wrote:
It is really sad, considering how hyped everyone seemed about this project, but it seems it is likely dead. Though the autor seems to have come back from really long hiatus before, so who knows.

Well, crap. :sadshoe:

Mayaaaaa!

RIP
Astro A40s !

*wonk*

Nice necro-posting.
yes

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Is it time for the annual necro?

Still love watching the trailer from back in the day, heh.

Looking at this thread makes me depressed...
Signature loading, please wait...

Ace Culprit

still praying that this project be released soon

I've seeing Papes from different sites and still doing the project off-CR,. wish we can discuss things with KSA so we can port this fangame to PWLib 1.2 as well
Page 41 of 41 [ 1639 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Board index » Present Evidence » Games