Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 40 of 41[ 1639 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Re: Phoenix Wright: Remnants of the PastTopic%20Title

Chronos-http://gotintyigoto.deviantart.c

looks like you guys are getting very far since the last time i was on. how the building and other things going in Haiti? don't tire yourselves out you three from working on the game too much.

Your Sword Only Reflects Fear

havent been here in a while hows the game been progressing?

When life gives you skittles, chuck them at people and shout, "Taste the fucking rainbow!"

Mayaaaaa!

Seems as if activity is dying down here, not sure if your busy or not but there's not a lot of activity on this thread. 'Tis a shame :sadshoe:
Astro A40s !

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

gotin wrote:
looks like you guys are getting very far since the last time i was on. how the building and other things going in Haiti? don't tire yourselves out you three from working on the game too much.

Been back from Haiti for a while now^^ Trying to desperately put together the last things needed for the demo, but I'm oh so busy.

Shadowz wrote:
Seems as if activity is dying down here, not sure if your busy or not but there's not a lot of activity on this thread. 'Tis a shame :sadshoe:

Actually, in the few times I even had time to drop by CR, I've been noticing that the forum itself seems kind of dead lately. If you need an update, I'm currently in a co-op program in university, working a full-time job, volunteering as a leader for my local youth group, and working on the game as much as possible in between. I need some sleep~
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Wotter boy

I really can't wait for this to come out, it sounds really interesting.

Mayaaaaa!

@BuddyFaith I think you should to edit your sig and change 'Famgame' to 'Fangame'.
Just a suggestion. :)
Astro A40s !

Ace Attorney is awsome

Oh, and Buddy, it now says:
Click the on fan game.

*Just thought it would be nice if you knew*

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

TvS wrote:
Oh, and Buddy, it now says:
Click the on fan game.

*Just thought it would be nice if you knew*

Shadowz wrote:
@BuddyFaith I think you should to edit your sig and change 'Famgame' to 'Fangame'.
Just a suggestion. :)

Are you kidding me!? Why don't you guys tell him through a PM instead of spamming this thread with nonsense!?

papermario13689 wrote:
Actually, in the few times I even had time to drop by CR, I've been noticing that the forum itself seems kind of dead lately.

I agree, This place has been rather deserted lately. :yuusaku:

Apollon Flame

Maybe has something to do with how the school year has started and all.
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

SilentBobX wrote:
papermario13689 wrote:
Actually, in the few times I even had time to drop by CR, I've been noticing that the forum itself seems kind of dead lately.

I agree, This place has been rather deserted lately. :yuusaku:

Scent wrote:
Maybe has something to do with how the school year has started and all.

That or interests are waning. It happens. (Kinda wished I was at the "golden active age" to show my work then again I don't want to be part of the drama it had) :yuusaku:

Apollon Flame

Activity should rise once we get more Gyakuten Kenji 2 and Gyakuten Saiban x Professor Layton announcements.
A King

in name

alone...

My childhood right here

I read about this on Gyakuten Wiki, and it sounded pretty awesome. Can't wait until it's done. I'd delete everything on my C: drive just to play even just the demo of this. And I have some pretty important stuff on here.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Holy saints of Babylon, the forum has returned!

Now it's time for me to make my BIG update post to inform everyone of everything that has happened up until now.

1. Starting last September, I entered my full-time college life. Excluding the 5 days/week standard course material, I've been attending seminars and internships thanks to my decent grades. This took up a good section of time in my life.

2. When Court-Records went into its hibernation status, most of the members of the last design team basically went missing. DeMatator was one that was still around and I was relieved and thankful to hear that he still wanted to help out. As you can probably figure, I'm going to be once again looking for experienced members to help out- this project will not get far with a tiny production team.

3. A few months back, I was working on some homework when my Sony VAIO (Vista) laptop suddenly crashed and rebooted itself. I am very aware of the problems with Vista and I am not a fan of it at all, but this laptop was a gift from my parents that they surprised me with for getting accepted into college. Anyways, the laptop booted up again, but I was faced with the infamous K.S.O.D. (or the black screen of death). For those of you who are unaware of what this is, my computer basically can boot itself to the desktop's loading screen, but all it will ever show is a black screen and a mouse pointer. I am also aware of all the options to attempt a fix- I tried basic repairs, rewriting code and even messing about with the hard drive and internal parts in order to save the laptop. Nothing works. Even the computer repair shops tried to fix it and could not- their suggestion was to salvage the files and get a new laptop. With my own money I invested in a Windows 7 Sony VAIO laptop with much better specs. Here is the problem. I didn't need to save everything on my old laptop. What I needed to save was my PWLib files, and the important documents that I had archived in my hard drive. Where the problem occurred is from the ridiculously useless and unhelpful recovery tool that my Vista laptop used. Everything was done correctly on my part- external hard drive connection, choose files, transfer. I believe the problem lies in the old hard drive itself; taking a look beneath all the covers led me to believe that the wiring was slightly fried. The transfer was successful, but incomplete. As a result, I now have a broken game that either needs to be shoveled through and fixed up in various locations, or rebuilt from the beginning. I now have enough PWLib knowledge that rebuilding actually sounds like a better proposition at this point- I could get it back up decently quickly and efficiently. The one thing that bothers me about doing so is that I'm once again forced to leave the fans waiting- things never seem to just go smoothly. I've probably lost quite a few interested people during the long wait, and all I can do now is work to finish the demo and once again regain interest. I stand by my word that I won't give up on this project until it is entirely complete, all 5 cases.

4. With that said, I will be constructing a new team for the (hopefully final) rebirth of ROTP. Basically I am going to look for those who are fully aware of the how all PWLib functions work, those who have talents in graphics such as background creation and spriting, and since the member list has most definitely changed, a new group of beta testers when the time is right. If you would like to help out, please PM me- I will have to make sure you are qualified, but all messages are appreciated and I would love to hear from you.

5. These last parts were a little depressing to look back on- how about a few things I've been doing as new hobbies in-school? Let's finish on a good note, why don't we? First off, I've taken a strong interest in writing; mainly I like to compose shorter stories that have a darker tone to them, and I keep them short so that I can finish one quickly and efficiently. Another thing I've started to learn is Photoshop. Signature creation always intrigued me and I loved how they looked, so aside from my basic computer courses in college, I've been spending extra time learning on my own. I've made a few signatures so far and while they are quite basic, I hope to continue learning and getting better. Guitar's another thing. My Fender Statocaster American Standard finally arrived and I've been loving it ever since. It's really fun to record a guitar part and follow along on synthesizer as well, I should mention.

And there you have it. Once again, apologies and thanks to all of you who have waited so patiently and I appreciate how you can understand my situation. I will mention that it's my personal goal to finish the demo and have it out before the year ends. Hopefully I can make it a Christmas present to you all.

Thanks everyone! It's good to be back.
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Wotter boy

:cody-shock2: It lives!

Ahh...Coffee...

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the laptop, but hopefully reviving ROTP won't be too long or difficult. I'm interested in creating graphics/sprites, but I'm out of practice, so I'll try to re-familiarize myself with them.
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Wotter boy

Yeah, I would love to help this out with spriting, but, I don't know if I'll have time. :oops:

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Thanks either way for the thought alone;) I'm sure that if you want to help out before the project itself is complete, I wouldn't have any objections. :godot:

My childhood right here

I'd help, but my laptop won't accept my new $100 2 TB hard drive. Why? It has Windows 7, not Vista. The store doesn't do refunds.

Livin' joke.

I'd gladly help if needed.
My Court Records Family?

My Court Records brother is Apollo72 , and my dear mother and father are yuzikichan0 and Inquisitor Amakiir !

Thanks for the banner, Polly!

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

I'd appreciate the help- perhaps you could send me a PM detailing what aspect you can assist in: graphics, programming, etc.

Thanks^^

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Ah, it's good to be back. Of course, I'm absolutely willing to help Remnants rise from the ashes. I just need to freshen up on PWLib, it's been a (very) long time since I last used it.

I'll get in contact with KSA and you soon as I finish re-organizing some stuff. I just got my Internet back and I suddenly find that C-R is back, it's a lot to take in!

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Wonderful, always good to hear that you're around, DeMatador.

We may have our work cut out for us though- I also need to reuse PWLib to get the process down, and all the fantastic spriting Greeny had done was removed from his image hosting page. I had the links saved in my PM inbox but it seems he removed the pictures themselves. Shame because he hasn't been online for about 2+ years now, I think.

Wotter boy

Question, do I have to have knowledge of PWLib to do sprite work for this?

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

BuddyFaith wrote:
Question, do I have to have knowledge of PWLib to do sprite work for this?

You should not have to. Integration of said sprites into PWLib may require some knowledge, but in the end somebody else can do that part. ;)

Wotter boy

Hmm, then I'll think about helping out with this project when I get my computer back. :edgy:

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Last I saw of Greeny, he was around The Otaku, but that was, yeah, like 2 years ago. Maybe he's still there.

And I can handle sprite-to-PWLib integration quite nicely, if I may say so myself.

papermario13689 wrote:
and all the fantastic spriting Greeny had done was removed from his image hosting page. I had the links saved in my PM inbox but it seems he removed the pictures themselves. Shame because he hasn't been online for about 2+ years now, I think.

I actually sent an e-mail to Greeny when I was asking about Francis Equitas (the links for the third and fourth cases are dead), and he said that the files are stored in a hard drive that he can't access at this current point in time. I'm guessing it's probably the same for the spriting he did for you, Paper.

I vaguely remember a .doc of some sorts that had all the art files included it in when I first signed up to help with scripting a long, long time ago. Perhaps DeMat or AttorneyatLawl still has a copy with them? I don't think the latter has returned to the forums, but I've seen him on MSN a couple of times in the past month...

Great to see you back, btw. :garyuu:

I object to the objection

It's great to read about this project again and to know it's still alive (:

I wish you the best of luck! :maya:

Tap wrote:
I vaguely remember a .doc of some sorts that had all the art files included it in when I first signed up to help with scripting a long, long time ago. Perhaps DeMat or AttorneyatLawl still has a copy with them?

I got one, still have it (got mine and the one that had been sent to you, Tap), but they don't have any new sprites in them, it's all existing sprites and custom backgrounds or buttons. Wait, lemme check just in case...

...Nope, none of them have got any custom sprites, just normal sprites and custom bgs, buttons and a profile. Shite D:

Ace Attorney is awsome

Yeah RotP is still alive!

I wish you all the best of luck and hope you can finish this brilliant idea.
Sadly enough, I can't really help you, I think. My spriting skills suck and I don't know how to script either. I might be able to help you with the story, or by testing the game, but that's pretty much all I can help you with I'm afraid.
But if you can use any of my "abilities", feel free to send me a pm or talk to me on this forum.

Again, I wish you all the best of luck!

I have returned!

Tap wrote:
papermario13689 wrote:

I vaguely remember a .doc of some sorts that had all the art files included it in when I first signed up to help with scripting a long, long time ago. Perhaps DeMat or AttorneyatLawl still has a copy with them? I don't think the latter has returned to the forums, but I've seen him on MSN a couple of times in the past month...

Looks like I returned just in time then... :redd:
How is everybody? I haven't been in contact with any of you in a looooong time.
It would be great to be able to catch up with KSA, Tap, and papermario to see what has been going on. I'm ready to get back on track with this. But, like DeMat, I'm going to have to re-learn PWLib a bit, haven't used it in forever.

I am ready to start production whenever you are, Paper. :jake:

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Attorneyatlawl wrote:
Tap wrote:
papermario13689 wrote:
I'm going to have to re-learn PWLib a bit, haven't used it in forever.

Don't we all. ;)

I really, really, really wanted to steam production back up to full speed during the summer, but it's been an unbelievably busy summer. I won't make any promises this time as college is coming up, but what I can promise is that I'm going to put aside what little time I can scrounge to work on this. It'd be really cool to have my original awesome production team back. ^.^

Mayaaaaa!

Seriously thought the forums weren't coming back, found them by accident from searching the Gyakuten Kenji 2 activity.

Hope to see this done by Christmas, it's a shame I'm so useless at programming. :(

Good to see you paper! :)
Astro A40s !

In The Middle of It Now

I'm baaaaack ^-^''

I don't know if you remember, but i gave you one solitary Evidence sprite (some wires attached to a box) a year ago. I'd be happy to do more spriting. <3

...?

Hello, i've seen your trailer of "Remnants of the Past" on youtube and it's freaking awesome :sparkly-maggey:
i can't wait untill the first demo is out :-)

I wish you the best of luck :ema:

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Wow, I've missed you, Court-Records.

Let me tell you what has been happening with this project, because I will NEVER, EVER announce that it is dead. I plan to finish it like I promised, no matter what I have to do.

There have been a number of occurrences that have collided together to cause such a halt on my precious project. The first is of course...university. The schoolwork and everything have become crazier. The second would be that when Court-Records went down for a while back then, I lost access to a few helpers. But here's the biggest contender of all- my laptop containing the files black-screened. Seriously, it won't turn on anymore, so a good friend of mine is visiting soon to help save it.

I am going to dedicate whatever time I can get into whatever I can do, and hopefully I can entice the old team to provide me with their very generous help once again. Of course, the script I wrote is on the bad lappy too...I can only hope my friend can save it. If she can't, I don't think anyone can. :3

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart for your undying patience, and remember that I'm never giving this up.

If it wouln't turn on anymore, you can always try pluging the hard-drive into another computer(I speak from experience).
Not sure if it'll help, but I thought I should tell you.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Got his Psychology degree in Borginia

I know where you're coming from papes - it took me 2 years and roughly 2 months from uploading the first episode of Devil's Attorney to finally finish it. But it's done and the feeling is amazing. I used to wonder which one of these projects would come first, hehe. Anyway, there's always hope, even in eternityprojects.

And I'd still be happy to help with cutscenes, if you'd like. Good luck with saving your comp!

Paper, we've got to talk about this, PM me when you can. In a few words, I want to help get this off the ground, but I'm not sure I'll be able to help with programming.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Gud gnus, every1.

Thanks to the help of a talented friend, I have managed to salvage the majority of my files concerning ROTP.

"Yes, aaaaaand?"

I know, I know. The bad news is that it didn't save my master script, meaning the scripted text for the game itself. I am actually spending time now on completely rewriting it from beginning to end as closely as I can remember it. My memory is quite good I feel, but bits of text will probably be a little different. Either way, once I finish that, it'll be a great foundation for coding if I can once again have a supportive team of programmers as I did before. Thing is, I'm back at square one after returning.

If anyone has strong knowledge of coding in PWLib/AIGE, I would very much like to request your assistance. Many thanks in advance. ;)
Page 40 of 41 [ 1639 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games