Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 12[ 478 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Re: PW AA: Trial's after Justice.Topic%20Title

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

The last pic for art of the game got finished eariler then I thought it would. Spoliers for it though, so don't click unless you wanna wait for my game.

Spoiler:

With that said, Things are turning out good in terms of production. FerdieLance is helping with the game, so many thanks to him for helping me out. I bought My music man a program called Magix Music Maker 15 and he's learning it and starting work on the Lobby and Courtroom theme ATM. I don't know How far he'll get, but he's also got to do Cross examination Allegro, Moderate, and the Announce the truth theme. I'll type up more signifigant updates when I get the chance.

"...Naturally."

Cool, new music! Will you be using music from any of the other games? (Eg. Suspense, Pursuit - Cornered, Investigation - core, etc)
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

Well, those are the three musics that have appeared in every game... (Except the second two aren't in AAI)

ShadowEdgeworth wrote:
Cool, new music! Will you be using music from any of the other games? (Eg. Suspense, Pursuit - Cornered, Investigation - core, etc)

Music man should be able to get those 5 songs done soon. after that he'll have to do the "Objection" theme, Victory theme, and Cornered theme. We'll also have to come up with a theme for Luis Hawk when we get the chance.

That sprite should go twice as fast or so, I think.

PWLib / AIGE developer

I can't say you've ever tried to contact me. Or if you have I apologize if I've responded in some form of rude fashion. The offer of help is still there.
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

MrCheeze wrote:
That sprite should go twice as fast or so, I think.

I Have a sprite thread where you could have told me that, like, 6 months ago. :godot:

DDRKhat wrote:
I can't say you've ever tried to contact me. Or if you have I apologize if I've responded in some form of rude fashion. The offer of help is still there.

I’m sorry Khat. I had on a few occasions, tried to contact you, but you seemed to be busy at the time. I was even asking for some advice on typing up action and you suddenly left without a word. I knew then that it would be difficult to get anything done with such little contact with each other. Plus, the things you asked me to do on my end turned out to be a little TOO much to handle. It’s hard enough to make sprites from scratch and write a script, but typing in things like who goes where, this flash goes here, and a screen shake there, it all became too tedious. I’m not saying you didn’t help, but it became complicated with your directions. I do thank you for taking the time to try and help me but I think things will work out better this way. Also, I’d like to use a program that’s more accessible then PWLib. FerdieLance suggested using PyWright, and I think that’ll work out a lot better. We tested out some things with it and I think the game will turn out just fine with that Case-maker.

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

You know you can ask me about any problems.

Giving up on PWLib because it's complicated and not asking me is pretty bad excuse. I'm always available for help, you know.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

I’m sorry KSA but I’ve already made my decision. PyWright seems to be the more lenient Case Maker, so I’ll be using that. Also, I can’t even get PWLib to work on my computer. And With My stress filled summer days, I’m not in the mood to learn anything difficult. As I’ve said, FerdieLance showed me some things on PyWright and I liked what I saw. I’m sure PWLib is the high class casemaker and a lot of people will have better use for it then me. But right now I prefer the quicker solution. Thank you anyway for showing interest in helping. I appreciate it.

I always expected to hear "quality means something".

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

I just blue myself

Come on guys. This topic doesn't deserve to be on the second page! It deserves the first!
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Gettin' Old!

:yuusaku: Maya as an Attorney?

Thats just a slap in the face to anyone who sat the bar exam after years of university/college.

Still I like the new prosecutor though....he looks like he's wearing his glasses upside down
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

It's alright, Return. When I have some news to share, I'll update the page here.

Herr Blondie wrote:
:yuusaku: Maya as an Attorney?

Thats just a slap in the face to anyone who sat the bar exam after years of university/college.

Not really. I had a talk with my cousin, who's works at a defense attorney's office, and asked if having a civilian as a defense attorney can work. She told me that the defandant is allowed to choose anyone they want to defend them, be they attorney or not. In a smarter sense, they should ask for a Lawyer, but in the case of Maya, she is being used primarily for the tutoruial case. And don't forget, it's just a game.

I saw in some anime shows that some characters wear that certain type of glasses style. I wanted to stay far away from glasses design, from characters like Gavin. It's something I haven't seen in the game so I wanted to use it.

Gettin' Old!

SilentBobX wrote:

Not really. I had a talk with my cousin, who's works at a defense attorney's office, and asked if having a civilian as a defense attorney can work. She told me that the defandant is allowed to choose anyone they want to defend them, be they attorney or not. In a smarter sense, they should ask for a Lawyer, but in the case of Maya, she is being used primarily for the tutoruial case.

:nick-sweat:

For Shizzle?

Wow my faith in the law went downhill.

I mean I know Kristoph wasn't right saying that the common people had no place in the courtroom but I didn't know they could have THAT place.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PW AA: Trial's after Justice.(Maya Shout's Objection... Ect)Topic%20Title

Never fear the truth! Phoenix Wright!

SilentBobX wrote:
We have official Art of Luis hawk!

Spoiler:

It's kinda awsome to see Luis drawn out this way. ^^ All I need is a Gruop pic and maybe we can get a Trailer for the game going.

Woa goddammet, this drawing is so freaking cool!, it makes me want to go back to my photoshop coloring days :beef:

Prosecutor

Scripter's update (8-13-09):

* If it weren't for Turnabout Substitution, PyWright would be impossible to use. As it stands, it's quite workable, especially since Saluk was kind enough to help me out. Extra thanks to Saluk!

* Those cross-examinations are a pain in the neck to test, aren't they?

* Maya looks pretty cool as a defense attorney.

* Putting custom responses for incorrect evidence/profile presentation, even for obvious questions, is not a wise programming practice. Why write and test lots of stuff nobody will ever see?

I do it anyway, though, because it keeps me sane through the coding.

---

KSA_Tech: Thanks a lot for offering your help. The choice to use PyWright was certainly not intended as a slight. I happen to be learning Python, and thought it would be cool to use a casemaker written in a language I'm learning, so that's why I ended up programming for SilentBobX. Plus, his sprites are really cool.

I do hope to see great games coming out in PWLib, because, well, obviously that means more games for everybody.

Two more games coming up soon

FerdieLance wrote:
* If it weren't for Turnabout Substitution, PyWright would be impossible to use.
As it stands, it's quite workable, especially since Saluk was kind enough to help me out. Extra thanks to Saluk!

> Saluk is a real class act, always there to help, always aware of your needs as a scripter. Let's thank him again!

FerdieLance wrote:
* Those cross-examinations are a pain in the neck to test, aren't they?

> 100% agreed. You've got to be careful about everything, going through each possible outcome multiple times...

FerdieLance wrote:
* Putting custom responses for incorrect evidence/profile presentation, even for obvious questions, is not a wise programming practice. Why write and test lots of stuff nobody will ever see?

> For the art! It's about putting in that little extra effort that makes the difference.
And while not everyone will get to see everything, you only need one person to get it wrong on a specific question and it'll be worth it.

FerdieLance wrote:
I do it anyway, though, because it keeps me sane through the coding.

> I'll make sure to check every single wrong answer when it comes out!

Looking forward to the case ^^
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

FerdieLance

It is so funny that when the game was going to use PWLib, no one ever asked me a thing.

I'd say

Ksa, No...Don't, not this again.

---

But yeah, Looks great so far, can't wait to see it progress even further.

Ceres, instead of just reading it, think about it for a second:

Think 2 generic objects.
Person 1 uses object A, do not ask and suddenly changes to object B, then start asking a lot.

That isn't nice if you were the object A's maker. It doesn't feel respectful to the person who made object A. (independently of the object B).

I don't feel fine after reading what he posted. Mostly, I feel kind of betrayed.

I don't care anymore he suddenly switched to PyWright, so it has nothing to do with it.

I have to say, those custom negative responses take a lot of the sting over being wrong. Sometimes they can give clues to why you were wrong too.

Thanks for the props guys. I know pywright doesn't have the best documentation, Ping's game really is a good example of how to make a game with it. I do what I can to help you all, but you have been able to do a lot without my help too. You guys give me hope for the future and keep me motivated to make things better!
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore.
I have people who do care about PWLib and do ask when they have issues. Caring long about one instance of what just happened is useless, so let it be as is.

Prosecutor

Scripter's update: 8-23

Pre-beta version of the first chapter is complete! We're just polishing it up and fixing bugs - which may, admittedly, take a while. We're not likely to release anything until PyWright v. 11 hits, though, so we can do all the compatibility checking.

God knows about me...

Looks intresting. I almost fell of my chair when I saw the art. :jake:
Coming Soon....

FerdieLance wrote:
Scripter's update: 8-23

Pre-beta version of the first chapter is complete! We're just polishing it up and fixing bugs - which may, admittedly, take a while. We're not likely to release anything until PyWright v. 11 hits, though, so we can do all the compatibility checking.

I'd sooooo want to get it out sooner! *>< But I guess we'll have to wait.

"C'MON SALUKE!!! HURRY UP!!!" FerdieLance did an AWSOME job with the first part of the case. It's just like the real games! :beef:

Are you SURE you want to wait for b11? I can't guarantee a date for that...

I'll help with porting though when it's time though - I'm trying to make it as backwards compatible as possible.

Prosecutor

Ooh. In that case, maybe not. We'll be in beta soon, I guess!

The new update kinda whacked up the game. The White error Box Show's up everytime a chatacter pops up during court scene's. When I clicked an option on a certain part it skipped to the last Cross examination and the {delay} commands make everything super slow. >< Is this an Error on Saluke's part, or ours? I'm not sure.

Send me a pm with your scripts and some more details and I'll work through the problems. If something breaks during an update it can sometimes mean you were trying to do something in a way that shouldn't have worked before, and in other cases it's just something I had no way to test. Off hand, I can say delay was extremely broken before, so if you relied on the way it was you may have to adjust the numbers.

Just to give a small update.
I've sent an E-mail to Croik and she says she'll put the game up in the Case maker section of Court-Records. (Yippie)
The Script for the first case is finished. All I have to do is go over it and then send it to Ferdielance when I do.
The Sprites For King McQueen and Phoenix Aide are finished as well.

When we get the small bugs taken care of (The Bench Bug, Heh!), We'll release Checkmate and Turnabout 1-1 soon!

All I can tell you guys right now, is that you can expect a game that REALLy fits into the Ace Attorney story. with a wonderful script and griping courtroom battles! I garentee you'll enjoy it! :edgy:
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice.Topic%20Title

I can't wait.
It sounds like a lot of thought was put into it... I have really high expectations for this first case ^^

I hate Klaviema >_>

This looks like it's be awesome, I look forward to it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Can you guys run this by me first as well, after the coding is done, to make sure any last minute pywright fixes that it might need can be pushed out at the same time?

1000% Knight

Yay! We're getting another game soon! :3

It took a while, but we're finally getting a nice little library of PyWright/PWLib games :D (Even if none of them are completed >_>)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Quote:
Can you guys run this by me first as well, after the coding is done, to make sure any last minute pywright fixes that it might need can be pushed out at the same time?

Well, there is that "Bench Bug" (Heh heh Bench Bug) That I mentioned in the PyWright Thread, Where Bench's seem to pop up out of no where during the scrolling in the Cross examination scenes. Plus it'd be nice to find out how to make the text speed go fast for the "WTF" lines (Should I try something Ferdielace thought would work: {delay 1}{wait manuel}?). Other then that, Everything seems to be okay.

Bump'd for Epic, Orgasmic, Awsomeness!

JUST CLICK IT! JUST CLICK IT!!!

Spoiler:

1000% Knight

Wh-what? That thing is all wrong!! Everyone knows that Phoenix's hair has four spikes, not five.

And I actually thought it was good when I first saw it. Jeez.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I have not seen an example of the bench bug, could you show me a script?

I'll see what I can do about the delay, I think it may have been broken by fixing the "first letter pause" bug.

And, Wow. That art! Wow.

Holy WOW.

Stop teasing us like that ;p
Re: PW AA: Trials after Justice. Beta Testers wanted. 3 onlyTopic%20Title

Okay folks, Case 1-1 is pretty much complete. Ferdielance suggested we get some Beta testers for this, so I will allow three to test the game. If you want in, just send me A PM and I'll send you the game. All you'll have to do is let us know of there are any bugs, and if the case is too hard. It SHOULDN'T be, since this is Tutorial case. If and when you finsh the game, report to me Via PM, and let me know how it turned out.
Page 2 of 12 [ 478 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games