Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 29 of 34[ 1333 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next

Re: Apollo Justice Case 5: full game released! (+7 h gameplay)Topic%20Title

Two more games coming up soon

Spoiler: Hint
Think of a time and place where the same characters were present together.

If you're still stuck

Spoiler: Answer
Morning of December 26, Erlenmeyer's prison cell

Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Derpy Derperson

Okay, I think I've got a glitch or something.

I have to present evidence in the first trial, proving how Chambers was put to sleep. And nothing works. orz I've tried EVERY piece of evidence.

EDIT: PHEW! Forgot you could present profiles too. Got it!

Last edited by MonocleClaire on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Did you try all the profiles, too?

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Derpy Derperson

Just did. Forgot I could. -w-

Derpy Derperson

Poor Charles. QAQ :uramidn:

I must say, this is the first fan game I've played, and this is some quality stuff I'm playing! I'm very impressed, and the twists and turns of the game have really put me on the spot!

However, I've come across a glitch that I can't get past. It's pretty obvious that I'm desperate to get it solved and get to the bottom of the case, considering I registered just to do this...

Spoiler: 2nd day trial
It happens during Rhea's testimony, the one where she asks just one question: "Why did Erlenmeyer confess to being the Mysterious Bust Killer if I am actually the criminal?" If I try to present anything, it gives me a couple of skip line errors, and then it gets to this part.

And no matter how many times I click, it won't get me past the spot. I've restarted, and it still gets stuck there. Help please?

Thanks for the compliments!

Spoiler: trial day 2
And for this discovery, it seems you've found a new bug.
Basically, you presented the wrong evidence... and I just realized that this script, for some reason (well, I could explain, but it would spoil what happens right after) doesn't have a "label none", which is where the game should go when you don't present the right thing. Normally it should be easy to fix, but this script in particular is quite complex so I hope the "none" won't interfere with other labels when I add it. I'll have to test it.

I'M the real Blue Badger!

Spoiler:
I've been playing this game straight through today and am stuck on Rhea's 1st testimony. I've pressed everything, pointed out the problem of Erlenmayer's prints being on the steering wheel and keys but not on the Judge's robe, and Rhea just gives me 'he took off his gloves!' and I've got no freakin' way to counter. I also pointed out the how in the world did Rhea get transported to the scene and I'm just told his car is in the parking lot somewhere. I REALLY want to move on already and can't figure this part out. Help!

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
There are still 1 or 2 other contradictions in there besides the prints on the steering wheel... Keep looking, you're almost there ;)

Spoiler:
What do you think I've been doing the last few hours? There's like seven or eight different statements she gives + all the different stuff I can present, and I can't see any gaps in logic. I'm sick of guessing at random. I'll probably try again tomorrow. Maybe have better luck after a good night's rest.

Spoiler:
The third and last contradiction is related to where Rhea was standing, but you also have to ask "Where were they fighting" in order to get all the information you need to point out the inconsistency. She is, in essence, a "final boss", so it's meant to be kind of difficult.

If you still can't find it after that
Spoiler:
The contradictory evidence is the chewing-gum.

Spoiler:
Argh! No wonder I couldn't get it. I thought the gum would indeed give away her location. I must have presented it before clicking that 'where were they fighting' option. Thanks!

Finally finished everything. I've got a lot to say so here goes:
Spoiler:
I'll start with the bugs. Most have been already pointed out, but one of the roughest spots is when you're going one-on-one with Rhea. I had to constantly skip to next line because something was messing up. A couple of times when I presented wrong evidence (like the virus instead of the mice, and something else instead of the HT5 file), I got this error and then the game went on like I picked the right answer. At least one of the loop around testimony areas (pretty sure it was when you had to point out how Rhea got Erlenmayer to confess) would cut the text off mid-sentence and make me click to skip.

Another problem is when the pointing animation for either Apollo or Snow kicked in. Apollo's would usually stop at the raised elbow image while he kept talking, and the animation finishing at the end of the text. Snow's pointing animation would keep looping as she was talking.

Now onto the characters. Since there are so many, I'll just comment on the major ones, in no particular order:
Rhea: Ooooh, boy. I knew that if it wasn't Snow or Poole, it was going to be her. Once we ran into her outside of the school, my danger meter rose significantly. I'll admit, while she is indeed one of the darker characters in the series, she doesn't elicit the same anger from me that villians of the main games do, like Dahlia, Kristoph, or Manfred. Instead, she came across more as a pathetic person that you were sad to see reduced to this state. That image at the end, while indeed could be considered creepy, made me wonder just what in the world was going through her mind at that moment. For all her mind games, she seemed to generally like Apollo, so I just pityed her more.

Poole: Forget Snow, seeing this person come through the final day without her being the whodunit was more surprising. No offense, but her out-of-court animations had the same shaking movements that Erlenmayer had. And watching her personality do a 180 after she says she'll turn herself in, I had to wonder if she had flipped or something. It was saddening to see how little a role she had at the end. I was hoping she'd contribute more to taking down Rhea.

Marshall: Again, forget Snow cause this character was very random. His story was in dire need of proper closure. Come on, he makes Chief of Police after SL-9, gets demoted AGAIN after someone else forges evidence, gets on the stand for like five minutes, and we never hear from him again. Not even in the credits!

Snow: I totally get the red herring idea you had going with her, but I still think it wouldn't have hurt to see her in some capacity in the present. Seriously, just imagine the type of conversations she'd have with Apollo. There'd be a put down every few sentences!

Strings: Ah, the father and son. Both were well developed. It was like the son took on a more active role once the dad was arrested. Nicely done. Sad to see the kid leave the judge's chair. Sad to say, he was much more competent than our good ol' judge.

Apollo: Is it just me, or did Apollo become more potty-mouthed than he normally is? His monologues seemed cursatory (that a word). Anyway, this game really made Apollo do everything on his own. No Phoenix or Trucy or Klavier to help him along. It was refreshing to see how far he had come and that he is totally capable of finding the villians through his own logic, not others.

Ema: She's Ema. She's pissed all the time and prone to pelting you. Didn't change much from main game to here!

Meekins: I asked this a while ago, but how come you used his sprites from 1-5 and not his sprites from 4-4? That hand being bandaged all the time always stuck out at me as out-of-place. Anyway, this little lost lamb certainly is on his way to being the next Gumshoe. Totally clueless, shouts at random, and keeps going further and further down the heirarchy. He must be reaching Gumshoe's salary by now too. And how come he didn't show up in the epilogue?

Erlenmayer: Answer me now, because I couldn't follow in game, is his hair a wig? Because we're holding onto a wig in the court record, and yet he has hair. I thought the wig was supposed to be Fisher's or something. Anyway, this is sad character if I've ever seen one. The second mentally retarded person in the series, after Terry, he went through almost as much suckiness. Witnessing a murder and then thinking he was responsible? Taking the fall for over a dozen murders? Escaping only to nearly be killed and then framed for another murder. I think this guy takes, or nearly takes, the baton from Maya for most bad experiences to happen to one person.

Well, that's all. I had a great time figuring out the complex mystery you crafted! :will:

Thanks for this detailed analysis! Glad you enjoyed the game.

Spoiler:
The issues with Apollo and Meekins' sprite are because the Apollo and Meekins you get in PyWright are like that by default.

Rhea is a character you can interpret in many ways. I tried to make her both the most and the least human villain in the series. The most, because she is your partner throughout the game, which leads you to know her on a very personal level. The least, because if you put that aside and consider the things she's done from an outsider's perspective, she is a monster. Still, even knowing that, you could pity her if you think she was "born" a sociopath who couldn't feel true emotion. As for whether she really likes Apollo... I'll let the players decide, but the last scene couldn't simply be ignored. That would certainly make her story more ironic, as it would mean the one person who could've changed her forced her to finish her life as a killer who would always be remembered that way.

Reducing Poole's role in the end was necessary to leave more room for Apollo's "rise from the ashes". It was more important to develop his than her character at this point, seeing as how she'd already had loads of screen time and had been given a long backstory. In AJ, Apollo was very much a puppet (and I personally thought that aspect of the game was fascinating) ; one of the main points of TS was to have him control events for a change.

Marshall is mostly here to justify Ema not testifying at the beginning of trial day 2. To be entirely honest with you, his backstory was added only so that his appearance in court would feel less random.

Snow was meant to be a one-scene wonder, like a short guest star appearance from a famous actress in a film. Since she didn't serve much purpose in the story aside from being Erlenmeyer's defense attorney and an ideal candidate for Mysterious Bust Killer, making her appear in the present would've made the game drag on too long (and made her less suspicious as well. You wouldn't have expected to hear about her in the second day of trial).

Regarding the epilogue (the same goes for Meekins) there were simply too many characters in the case to have a scene for all of them :D

Erlenmeyer's hair is a wig. And I wouldn't call him mentally retarded... he used to be an intelligent person (otherwise he wouldn't have become a teacher). Rather, I would call him "temporarily deranged". He's definitely the game's "woobie", someone you should feel sad for (while at the same time being completely hilarious thanks to BP's lines).

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Help!

I started playing the game not to long ago, and am already stuck. :payne:

Spoiler:
I am currently in the Chief Justice's office for the first time, but he's not there. I tried examining everything´in every location and showing every evidence and profil to every character, but I can't seem to progress. And every time I attempt to go to the criminal Affair Department, they just tell me that Ema is busy torturing the witness and that I should come back later.

What am I doing wrong? Help, please! :larry:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
If you have the gun and blood, and Ema has left the Siamese's Cell, make sure you get the Wig from the prison and talk to Meekins. Then try going to the Detention Center. After that, in the Chief Justice's Office, examine the bust (on the left side) and the golden plate (on the right) side and then things should pick up again.

Actually,
Spoiler:
if she's in the Chief Justice's office, the whole part about the wig is irrelevant, since that means she's already managed to talk to Judge a second time.
But yeah, Neni, make sure to examine the bust and the golden plate.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Ah! Finally I'm progressing! PROGRESSING! :grey:

Thank you! ^^

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Spoiler: 2nd day, investigation
Okay, so on the second day, when you meet Poole at the Forest Bones scene, she says Apollo's mentor, which I suppose you meant Phoenix, also only lost once. Were you talking about his last trial or the fourth trial from JFA?
Also, I saw Ema giving me the crime scene picture, but I can't find it in Court Records. Any idea on what's going on? :yuusaku:

Spoiler:
She meant his last trial. Phoenix didn't lose 2-4 if didn't plead guilty at the end.
As for your problem, that's weird. I suppose you mean the "car interior photo"? I remember there being an issue like that, but it was in an earlier version... If you still don't have it at the beginning of trial day 2, I suggest starting a new game and doing what the "already played the third part" document says.

1000% Knight

TehDood wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, I saw Ema giving me the crime scene picture, but I can't find it in Court Records. Any idea on what's going on? :yuusaku:

Spoiler:
Oh, this just happened to me, so I guess it wasn't just me...

You don't actually need it in the rest of the investigation. What you should do is just finish the investigation, but when you do, follow the directions in the "Already played the third demo.txt" file before starting the trial. (We could give you specific code to fix it... but I think it's easier just to use what you already have :P)

Spoiler: PSST
Okay guys, on the trial day when I needed it,(or not, hell, I can't even remember, even though it might've been a few hours ago) I found out that it's magically there. Anyway, I'm halfway through the final cross-examination as we speak. The countdown thing is pretty awesome, and I'm glad it's not through the simple talking part. Still, it doesn't really feel like "A FINAL SHOWDOWN" type of a thing, I don't remember seeing Apollo with his zoomed objection sprite FGDSFGSing at the killer, pointing that hesheit's the one. Is that feature not yet implemented in PyWright, or you guys thought it wouldn't matter all that much? And why did you guys pick red instead of the regular orange on the key-words?
Other than that, not much to say except great job guys, my mind has been blown.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
That's good that the evidence appeared :P

And it's also good you like the countdown xD

You mean the zoomed-up headshot? That's not a special "feature"... you just need to do the zoomed sprite with the special background. And we didn't do it because... well, ask the people that coded it, since they are the ones that did each sprites :P (But we don't have a zoomed sprite for Poole, so maybe we wanted it to be consistent? iunno... tbh I don't think the zoomed shot matters that much... xD)

I imagine they just picked red because it was close enough and didn't really care about it be 100% accurate to that level of detail :P

Spoiler:
Those are pretty good guesses.

The main reason why we don't have a zoomed sprite of Apollo is because we don't have one for Poole.

When I started coding the game, I thought key words were in red (since I was a noob, even if I had known, I still wouldn't have been able to find the right colour, because orange is neither 099 nor 090 nor 009, you have to find just the right nuance). Then I replayed the series and noticed that they were actually slightly orange, but by that time I'd already coded a lot, so I didn't want to edit every single key word. I might do it eventually.

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
That's good that the evidence appeared :P

And it's also good you like the countdown xD

You mean the zoomed-up headshot? That's not a special "feature"... you just need to do the zoomed sprite with the special background. And we didn't do it because... well, ask the people that coded it, since they are the ones that did each sprites :P (But we don't have a zoomed sprite for Poole, so maybe we wanted it to be consistent? iunno... tbh I don't think the zoomed shot matters that much... xD)

I imagine they just picked red because it was close enough and didn't really care about it be 100% accurate to that level of detail :P

Spoiler:
Well, that makes sense. They could've used the zoomed shot when Apollo was showing Rhea wrong at the end of the trial, like a final sentence before her breakdown, just like Rise from the Ashes, though.
And, I think red would rather fit for something about murder, rather than contradictions, key-like things in the case, and other stuff. I'm not that worried about 100% accuracy, well, not that much, but I don't see the reason for the change.
Yes, I still can't unsee that horrible breakdown. :paynehair:

Ping' wrote:
Spoiler:
Those are pretty good guesses.

The main reason why we don't have a zoomed sprite of Apollo is because we don't have one for Poole.

When I started coding the game, I thought key words were in red (since I was a noob, even if I had known, I still wouldn't have been able to find the right colour, because orange is neither 099 nor 090 nor 009, you have to find just the right nuance). Then I replayed the series and noticed that they were actually slightly orange, but by that time I'd already coded a lot, so I didn't want to edit every single key word. I might do it eventually.

Spoiler:
I see, sorry then. I also felt that in some moments, Poole felt the lack of some animations. Such as, when Apollo would present something shocking, her look wouldn't really match what she'd say. Kind of like a mad Manfred von Karma, rather than a shocked Edgeworth/Franziska.

1000% Knight

Ping' wrote:
Spoiler:
Ctrl + h? :eh?:

I know, but there are still many and
Spoiler:
I'm lazy. Besides, there are/were lots of other things that needed/need to be done, so that wasn't /isn't a priority. But I'll do it.

In the future, it might be a good idea to predefine colors instead of hardcoding the values. Also, don't forget that you can use html colors as well, which have 6 characters instead of 3 and give you a better range:

set color_red ff0000
set color_thoughts 338590

"{c red}This is bright red {c thoughts}This is the color for when someone is thinking"

That way, if you need to adjust the colors later, you only have to change it in one place.

Sorry for not communicating this option well.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

I am still in the beginning but I can't progress.

Spoiler:
I was at the crime scene and found the blood and pistol, then I talked with Meekins and found a wig. I went to crime affairs, but Ema is busy and now I can't go there anymore, I also can't go to the detention center because that guy is still there. Meekins is disappeared. Is this a bug? In can only speak with Rhea and Ema, but that doesn't lead to nowhere.

Btw. is it normal that the game saves that often? I already have >150 autosaves.

1000% Knight

It's a bug.
Spoiler:
Reload an autosave from before your game glitched. Once you've talked to Meekins and Ema, and have the blood, gun, and wig, go to the Detention Center instead of the Police Dept.

Oh, I think I've understood what it was! :)
BP, thanks so much for phrasing it this way!
I (finally) have a bit of free time today, so I'll see if I can get rid of this problem once and for all.

1000% Knight

Ping' wrote:
Oh, I think I've understood what it was! :)
BP, thanks so much for phrasing it this way!
I (finally) have a bit of free time today, so I'll see if I can get rid of this problem once and for all.

Um... You're welcome... I guess? :eh?:

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

It don't work.. But it make me happy, that Polly is here in the game :D

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

1000% Knight

Mary Faraday wrote:

Um... What exactly doesn't work? The game? If you tell us what you've done and everything, we'll try to help you :3

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Bad Player wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:

Um... What exactly doesn't work? The game? If you tell us what you've done and everything, we'll try to help you :3

Yeah, the game doesn't work -.-'
I download PyWright (or what was the name, when it's spelled wrong, I'm sorry) and then the game.
BUMB - it doesn't work! I'm so stressed, I try all, but it doesn't work. Maybe a bug? o.O
It was so a window called: "The PyWright Libary is broken" or anything else, I don't have a screenshot, because I can't make them on my dumb laptop.

Anyway, I have Windows 7. Maybe this is the mistake, or can I use W7 for this?

1000% Knight

I have Windows 7, and it works fine for me, so that's probably not it.

Make sure you have the folders in the right way. It should be PyWright folder --> Games folder --> Turnabout Substitution folder --> art/core/music/etc folders. Also PyWright.exe should be in the PyWright folder, and it's what you run to use it.

If you have all this right then... I really don't know what to do >_> But I'm sure Frenchy and saluk (the guy who made PyWright) will be able to figure this out ^_^

Lusankya wrote:

Spoiler:
I was at the crime scene and found the blood and pistol, then I talked with Meekins and found a wig. I went to crime affairs, but Ema is busy and now I can't go there anymore, I also can't go to the detention center because that guy is still there. Meekins is disappeared. Is this a bug? In can only speak with Rhea and Ema, but that doesn't lead to nowhere.

Btw. is it normal that the game saves that often? I already have >150 autosaves.

The often autosaves are normal-ish. They are an engine feature rather than a game specific feature, so it is REALLY automatic. You can turn it off from the options menu (escape), but it is for this exact kind of bug that the feature was added :) I'll have a few more controls for autosave in the next version, such as how many saves to keep and time between saves.

Mary Faraday wrote:
Yeah, the game doesn't work -.-'
I download PyWright (or what was the name, when it's spelled wrong, I'm sorry) and then the game.
BUMB - it doesn't work! I'm so stressed, I try all, but it doesn't work. Maybe a bug? o.O
It was so a window called: "The PyWright Libary is broken" or anything else, I don't have a screenshot, because I can't make them on my dumb laptop.

Anyway, I have Windows 7. Maybe this is the mistake, or can I use W7 for this?

I develop on windows 7, so that's not an issue. The best thing to do is post PyWright/lastlog.txt after getting the error. The error box that comes up usually doesn't have much information.

Incidentally, you should be able to make screenshots on windows 7 by the way. Click the start bubble, and in the text area, type "snipping tool". Click the snipping tool that comes up, and you just drag a box around.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Bad Player wrote:
I have Windows 7, and it works fine for me, so that's probably not it.

Make sure you have the folders in the right way. It should be PyWright folder --> Games folder --> Turnabout Substitution folder --> art/core/music/etc folders. Also PyWright.exe should be in the PyWright folder, and it's what you run to use it.

If you have all this right then... I really don't know what to do >_> But I'm sure Frenchy and saluk (the guy who made PyWright) will be able to figure this out ^_^

*runs off to make it* Aha! I understand. :D
Thanks for the help (:

EDIT:
saluk wrote:
I develop on windows 7, so that's not an issue. The best thing to do is post PyWright/lastlog.txt after getting the error. The error box that comes up usually doesn't have much information.

Incidentally, you should be able to make screenshots on windows 7 by the way. Click the start bubble, and in the text area, type "snipping tool". Click the snipping tool that comes up, and you just drag a box around.

Yey, okay, I get right on this. But dumb Mary don't understand dumb W7 -.-'
Anyway, I'll try it and then I'll say - work or not. But thanks for the help, Bad Player and saluk (:

And if all else fails, redownloading PyWright / the game (probably PyWright, given the specific nature of your problem) should work ; maybe something happened during your first download and you're missing some important files.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Ping' wrote:
And if all else fails, redownloading PyWright / the game (probably PyWright, given the specific nature of your problem) should work ; maybe something happened during your first download and you're missing some important files.

'Kay. Yeah, it can be possible.

EDIT: IT WORKS :D
Yay, thnxthnxthnx ! *runs off to play the game* (:

Last edited by Mary Faraday on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

saluk wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

Spoiler:

The often autosaves are normal-ish. They are an engine feature rather than a game specific feature, so it is REALLY automatic. You can turn it off from the options menu (escape), but it is for this exact kind of bug that the feature was added :) I'll have a few more controls for autosave in the next version, such as how many saves to keep and time between saves.

Ah, thanks to you and Bad Player.
It was indeed a bug (and because of this I had 50 autosaves in the same minute ;)) and worked fine after I reload an earlier scene.

It's a good case and you really had me, when
Spoiler:
I read the case file for case X (forgot the name) and Ben was among the victims :godot:
Page 29 of 34 [ 1333 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games