Re: PW: Contempt of Court ~ Case 4 Part 1 AVAILABLE NOW.Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

What I think:

Spoiler:
Renwick knows who Hemlock is. Snow, Chief and Morag are in on it

Happy Maria

Spoiler: Hemlock
But what if Snow's personality is just a stoic façade? He knows about the Magatama (Phoenix told him in the first case) and is a member of the PD. He's also the only guy who could halve brought in the poison to do in Docks besides Vulper.

Still,it could be someone else entirely.

the fire mage

Spoiler:
it is gonna end in three ways

1. it a whole new character we meet at like day 3

2. Schaden Freude but thats to obvious

3. snow. i mean it's not like ace attonery never had a character act one way but was really the master mind behind the whole game right edgeworth?

and really it would be kinda cool if the gumshoe expy was the main villain.

Mia Payne

I really do hope the lack of updates is cuz the trial latter has a lot more complex stuff in it, so it'll take longer, and not cuz Cardy's life is back ;-;

ASCEND

Well, according to the first post, the game hasn't actually been updated since February 8th, 2016. So, it's been about a year since he actually worked on it.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Mia Payne

Planetbox wrote:
Well, according to the first post, the game hasn't actually been updated since February 8th, 2016. So, it's been about a year since he actually worked on it.

OMG. Darn Cardy, with your TYPOS

Also: Ayy, I *was* right about the complex thing (PM):

Previously Cardiovore

What typo? :redd:
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Happy Maria

Blizdi wrote:
Planetbox wrote:

OMG. Darn Cardy, with your TYPOS

Also: Ayy, I *was* right about the complex thing (PM):

What else did he tell you? I'm intrigued to know. And wow,what a typo for you to make,Ca-
Cardiovore wrote:
What typo? :redd:

......goddamn it.

Mia Payne

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
What else did he tell you? I'm intrigued to know. And wow,what a typo for you to make,Ca-

Quote:
Trial latter is basically the second half of the trial (after the lobby break). It's a complex second half that I'm trying to balance between gameplay and storytelling, as well as make sure it's a satisfying conclusion.

So I reckon yes, trial latter does steer in a very different direction to the former and become its own kind of trial.

^PM

Happy Maria

Quote:
satisfying conclusion

NOOOOOO

Also prediction
Spoiler: Super secret read after finishing everything
The final trial will deal with Blaine Chill's murder

Mia Payne

Quote:
satisfying conclusion

NOOOOOO

Also prediction
Spoiler: Super secret read after finishing everything
The final trial will deal with Blaine Chill's murder

OOOooooooo I hope

Ultimate Godot Fan

Does anyone have an updated PyWright link? The one in the first post doesn't work...

EDIT: NVM, I found one.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.

Last edited by Moddragon22 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote:
It's a complex second half

Hemlock has complex motives confirmed.

Seriously though, I wonder what the trial could be about...it could focus more on past stuff that hasn't been solved yet after the current crime has been solved already.
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

Spoiler: My Prediction
I also feel that it'll involve Vulper and Crane's family. They were STEP brothers,remember? That always bothered me how that was explicitly stated. And we still don't know where they got the enigmium from.

Mia Payne

I betcha it's gonna come out March 20th, screenshot this.

Happy Maria

One month,huh? That would certainly be a surprise.

Screen capped to embarrass you when it doesn't actually come out then :-P

Mia Payne

I hope it comes out by then..

Previously Cardiovore

Blizdi wrote:

Trust me, so do I...
This one testimony is taking FOREVER.

Anyway, changed the percentages a bit.
Doesn't look like a lot, but damn does it FEEL like a lot.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Mia Payne

Cardiovore wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

Trust me, so do I...
This one testimony is taking FOREVER.

Anyway, changed the percentages a bit.
Doesn't look like a lot, but damn does it FEEL like a lot.

ahhhhh you beat me to it! wooooooo!
So hype!

Happy Maria

SEVENTY PERCENT?!

That's almost a hundred.

We're nearing it.

I wonder what this testimony is though...?

Mia Payne

SEVENTY PERCENT?!

That's almost a hundred.

We're nearing it.

I wonder what this testimony is though...?

Probably one of those UNIQUE MECHANIC ones, or absurdly long

the fire mage

one that will have like 3 contradictions in it.

Happy Maria

And you'll have to press every statement and you'll have to point out contradictions just right

Mia Payne

35 statements long

You have to press Statement 1, 3, 21, 13 30 and 29 in that order, if you mess up you have to start over, unlock statement 36, then press 36, 2, 5, 34, 35, unlock new evidence, then present it to statement 31, then choose option 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 3, 2, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2. Then present the autopsy.

Boom.

There is a Path to Apathy.

Watching this topic like a hawk.
Were you so ever bored with being alive, you'd fill it with a host of meaningless abstract concepts to make you desire physical things?

Were you ever so bored with physical things, you did away with abstract concepts to prioritize being alive?

ASCEND

Planetbox wrote:
Spoiler: THEORYYYYYY
In order to solve this mystery, first we must think about the killer's name, Hemlock. Now, Cardiovore SAID it was chosen because of Aculeus and Allebahst's plant-based naming theme, but that's just too simple. I believe that there is a much deeper explanation for this nickname. If you think about it, it's fairly obvious. Hemlock is a plant, and what other plants do we know of? Well, there's only one answer, CHARLEY!

Now, I know what you're thinking. I bet you're all about to go and reply, "NUH UH Planetobx, you are a dum dum, get off the internet now. Charley was a potted plant in Pheenix Wrong's office, how could he have did done been to do kill people out of the office??!" Well, the answer is simple. I have reason to believe that Charley is not just one unassuming house plant, but in fact, several plants across the world connected by a system of roots. Charley's roots actually go through the pot and into the ground, where they connect to these other plants. This is how Charley knows about everything that's going on, because he is quite simply everywhere. After all, there are plants everywhere, even in the most urban environments, and there aren't many places you can go where he wouldn't be able to hear you. This also explains why Vulper calls Hemlock "everyone and no one". He is "everyone" because his roots spread all across the globe, but "no one" because he isn't really human. And with all that knowledge at his disposal, he could easily pull off his crimes, which I will now discuss.

First, let's talk about Brisbane's assualt. I believe that Renwick Smith and Brisbane are actually part of some kind of weird demonic cult, and the two were meeting that night to discuss business. The envelope Detective Smith was carrying was actually some kind of ritual script that the group was meant to perform at their next meeting. However, when Renwick left, he forgot to take off the cult's signature outfit (a robe and white mask) which led to an awkward situation with the teacher whose name I forgot. After the meeting, Brisbane went onto Facebook or something and clicked a link that was supposed to be an article about "Perfecting Your Angry Shouting Technique", but it was actually a rickroll. In a fit of rage, Brisbane broke his mask into a million pieces, set his robe on fire, and threw his eye out the window, which is why the police couldn't find them. Once he had calmed down, Charley attacked. Since we know Brisbane was standing at the kitchenette at the time, he was right in range for Charley to strike, as the cactus on Brisbane's kitchen counter was actually connected to Charley. He tried to strangle him with a garrote wire (which was actually one of his vines) but failed because Charley is a stupid idiot, and then they had an epic battle, which Brisbane barely won, as he knocked Charley off the counter and killed him before Charley could finish him off. Then he made his 911 call, and blamed Renwick for the crime because he was the one who rickroll'd him. All in all, it was a big, stupid, pointless mess, but this is only ONE of Charley's crimes.

Next are the two murders discussed in what is indisputably the fourth best case in the game, Turnabout of the Snow. First is Cedric Maplethorpes' death. What happened here is fairly obvious. Maplethrorpe was standing in front of the cell window when Charley, who was probably a plant outside, reached through the bars and strangled him! Then he threw Maplethorpe at the dividing cell wall to place the blame on Vulper. So, that one was easy, but what about Perry Docks' murder? There weren't any plants in the interrogation room, and if there was a window with some grass outside, Docks likely never stood near it. Does that mean the theory has hit a brick wall? Of course not.

I believe that Perry Docks wasn't murdered at all. In fact, his death was the result of a tragic accident. The truth is that he thought Detective Snow was really suspicious (I mean, who wouldn't.?) so he went to his office in the hopes of discovering THE TRUTH. However, he bumped the wall a little and knocked Snow's stilleto dagger off the wall. He then bent backwards at a 90 degree angle to look up at it, and the knife plunged into his chest and killed him. I know it sounds incredibly stupid and implausible but it's not. So then Robert Snow went into his office to find the source of all the commotion, saw a dead guy, and was like "what." He then told Schaden Freude about it, and the two agreed that that was a really lame way to die, so they decided to set up a second murder and frame Vex Vulper for it, since they had heard about the Maplethorpe case and assumed he did it. So, Snow drove back home and grabbed one of his five identical stilleto knives and replaced the one that killed Docks with it, thus removing the traces of blood. Meanwhile, Freude went to the Interrogation Room and set up the evidence to frame Vulper for an attempted poisoning. Unfortunately, he goofed up and poured too much atronquinine into the coffee. Embarrassed by his mistake, he went back home and cried himself to sleep. Then, Robert Snow returned to the Interrogation Room with the body (Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Snow's Office and the Interrogation Room are in two different buildings, but I don't care.), placed it on the table, and stabbed the wound with Docks' knife. Then, he called Vex over for the interrogation, and with that, the plan was complete. It would have gone perfectly if Maggey Byrde didn't see Snow moving the body and arrest him, but in the end, Vulper got arrested for both crimes, as Charley had hoped.

We only know of one more person killed by Hemlock. That person is Blaine Chill. We don't know much about this case so it's hard to say for certain what happened here. We do know that he was garroted, and that the body was found in the reading room. Thus, there are two ways Charley could have committed this murder. The first is the most reasonable: Blaise was killed in another area with plants nearby, and then moved to the reading room. The second explanation is far stupider: One of the many books in the reading room was made out of paper that came from Charley. Since Charley is a network of many different plants, it makes sense that at least one of those plants would be a tree. If that three was turned into paper, then Charley might be able to control that paper like he could a plant. And if Blaise Chill went into that reading room looking for the next Captain Underpants book or something, all he'd need to do is pass by the right book, and then Charley could strike. As for the other "B" victims, they were probably killed in other forested areas. And what does the "B" stand for? It stands for "Bravo", Charley's first name! (Get it? It's like Alpha Bravo Charlie, the military alphabet. I'm so funny.)

However we're missing one thing we need to put the final nail in Charley's weird planty coffin thing: a motive. Now this is easy, Charley was a part of the Cohdopian Smuggling Ring, and the leader of Aculeus. This fact is all we need for a motive. But how did he get involved in the smuggling ring? Charley was one of Quercus Alba's passionflowers, and when he heard Quercus Alba doing smuggling ring work in his office, he offered to join. Quercus Alba was naturally confused when a flower started talking to him, but just assumed he drank too much coffee and started hallucinating and agreed with the flower to get it to shut up. Unfortunately for Alba, during the events of Turnabout Ablaze he decided to switch the statues by using the sticks holding some of his passionflowers as crossbow bolts. In order to do this, he uprooted Charley and threw him out of the window. Charley was filled with rage by Alba's betrayal, so he decided to forge evidence that would get Alba arrested (Most importantly, he forged the Samurai Dogs with the blood on them). When his plan succeeded and Alba was arrested, he took over the smuggling ring and renamed it Aculeus. After this Charley was filled with lots of angst, and he started killing people left and right! He killed most of the "B" victims for business reasons, but he killed Blaise Chill because he thought his name was stupid, killed Cedric Maplethorpe because he goofed up and shot Stan Nyph, and then beat the crud out of Erol Brisbane for the lolz. He was also pretty ticked off because Phoenix wasn't watering him enough, so he kills Miles Edgeworth for revenge in the second half. With that, the truth behind Hemlock, and the various murders he committed, has been revealed!

tl;dr Charley shot JFK.

I will stand by this theory till the bitter end.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The imagination justifies the pimp

Planetbox wrote:
Planetbox wrote:
In order to solve this mystery, first we must think about the killer's name, Hemlock. Now, Cardiovore SAID it was chosen because of Aculeus and Allebahst's plant-based naming theme, but that's just too simple. I believe that there is a much deeper explanation for this nickname. If you think about it, it's fairly obvious. Hemlock is a plant, and what other plants do we know of? Well, there's only one answer, CHARLEY!

Now, I know what you're thinking. I bet you're all about to go and reply, "NUH UH Planetobx, you are a dum dum, get off the internet now. Charley was a potted plant in Pheenix Wrong's office, how could he have did done been to do kill people out of the office??!" Well, the answer is simple. I have reason to believe that Charley is not just one unassuming house plant, but in fact, several plants across the world connected by a system of roots. Charley's roots actually go through the pot and into the ground, where they connect to these other plants. This is how Charley knows about everything that's going on, because he is quite simply everywhere. After all, there are plants everywhere, even in the most urban environments, and there aren't many places you can go where he wouldn't be able to hear you. This also explains why Vulper calls Hemlock "everyone and no one". He is "everyone" because his roots spread all across the globe, but "no one" because he isn't really human. And with all that knowledge at his disposal, he could easily pull off his crimes, which I will now discuss.

First, let's talk about Brisbane's assualt. I believe that Renwick Smith and Brisbane are actually part of some kind of weird demonic cult, and the two were meeting that night to discuss business. The envelope Detective Smith was carrying was actually some kind of ritual script that the group was meant to perform at their next meeting. However, when Renwick left, he forgot to take off the cult's signature outfit (a robe and white mask) which led to an awkward situation with the teacher whose name I forgot. After the meeting, Brisbane went onto Facebook or something and clicked a link that was supposed to be an article about "Perfecting Your Angry Shouting Technique", but it was actually a rickroll. In a fit of rage, Brisbane broke his mask into a million pieces, set his robe on fire, and threw his eye out the window, which is why the police couldn't find them. Once he had calmed down, Charley attacked. Since we know Brisbane was standing at the kitchenette at the time, he was right in range for Charley to strike, as the cactus on Brisbane's kitchen counter was actually connected to Charley. He tried to strangle him with a garrote wire (which was actually one of his vines) but failed because Charley is a stupid idiot, and then they had an epic battle, which Brisbane barely won, as he knocked Charley off the counter and killed him before Charley could finish him off. Then he made his 911 call, and blamed Renwick for the crime because he was the one who rickroll'd him. All in all, it was a big, stupid, pointless mess, but this is only ONE of Charley's crimes.

Next are the two murders discussed in what is indisputably the fourth best case in the game, Turnabout of the Snow. First is Cedric Maplethorpes' death. What happened here is fairly obvious. Maplethrorpe was standing in front of the cell window when Charley, who was probably a plant outside, reached through the bars and strangled him! Then he threw Maplethorpe at the dividing cell wall to place the blame on Vulper. So, that one was easy, but what about Perry Docks' murder? There weren't any plants in the interrogation room, and if there was a window with some grass outside, Docks likely never stood near it. Does that mean the theory has hit a brick wall? Of course not.

I believe that Perry Docks wasn't murdered at all. In fact, his death was the result of a tragic accident. The truth is that he thought Detective Snow was really suspicious (I mean, who wouldn't.?) so he went to his office in the hopes of discovering THE TRUTH. However, he bumped the wall a little and knocked Snow's stilleto dagger off the wall. He then bent backwards at a 90 degree angle to look up at it, and the knife plunged into his chest and killed him. I know it sounds incredibly stupid and implausible but it's not. So then Robert Snow went into his office to find the source of all the commotion, saw a dead guy, and was like "what." He then told Schaden Freude about it, and the two agreed that that was a really lame way to die, so they decided to set up a second murder and frame Vex Vulper for it, since they had heard about the Maplethorpe case and assumed he did it. So, Snow drove back home and grabbed one of his five identical stilleto knives and replaced the one that killed Docks with it, thus removing the traces of blood. Meanwhile, Freude went to the Interrogation Room and set up the evidence to frame Vulper for an attempted poisoning. Unfortunately, he goofed up and poured too much atronquinine into the coffee. Embarrassed by his mistake, he went back home and cried himself to sleep. Then, Robert Snow returned to the Interrogation Room with the body (Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Snow's Office and the Interrogation Room are in two different buildings, but I don't care.), placed it on the table, and stabbed the wound with Docks' knife. Then, he called Vex over for the interrogation, and with that, the plan was complete. It would have gone perfectly if Maggey Byrde didn't see Snow moving the body and arrest him, but in the end, Vulper got arrested for both crimes, as Charley had hoped.

We only know of one more person killed by Hemlock. That person is Blaine Chill. We don't know much about this case so it's hard to say for certain what happened here. We do know that he was garroted, and that the body was found in the reading room. Thus, there are two ways Charley could have committed this murder. The first is the most reasonable: Blaise was killed in another area with plants nearby, and then moved to the reading room. The second explanation is far stupider: One of the many books in the reading room was made out of paper that came from Charley. Since Charley is a network of many different plants, it makes sense that at least one of those plants would be a tree. If that three was turned into paper, then Charley might be able to control that paper like he could a plant. And if Blaise Chill went into that reading room looking for the next Captain Underpants book or something, all he'd need to do is pass by the right book, and then Charley could strike. As for the other "B" victims, they were probably killed in other forested areas. And what does the "B" stand for? It stands for "Bravo", Charley's first name! (Get it? It's like Alpha Bravo Charlie, the military alphabet. I'm so funny.)

However we're missing one thing we need to put the final nail in Charley's weird planty coffin thing: a motive. Now this is easy, Charley was a part of the Cohdopian Smuggling Ring, and the leader of Aculeus. This fact is all we need for a motive. But how did he get involved in the smuggling ring? Charley was one of Quercus Alba's passionflowers, and when he heard Quercus Alba doing smuggling ring work in his office, he offered to join. Quercus Alba was naturally confused when a flower started talking to him, but just assumed he drank too much coffee and started hallucinating and agreed with the flower to get it to shut up. Unfortunately for Alba, during the events of Turnabout Ablaze he decided to switch the statues by using the sticks holding some of his passionflowers as crossbow bolts. In order to do this, he uprooted Charley and threw him out of the window. Charley was filled with rage by Alba's betrayal, so he decided to forge evidence that would get Alba arrested (Most importantly, he forged the Samurai Dogs with the blood on them). When his plan succeeded and Alba was arrested, he took over the smuggling ring and renamed it Aculeus. After this Charley was filled with lots of angst, and he started killing people left and right! He killed most of the "B" victims for business reasons, but he killed Blaise Chill because he thought his name was stupid, killed Cedric Maplethorpe because he goofed up and shot Stan Nyph, and then beat the crud out of Erol Brisbane for the lolz. He was also pretty ticked off because Phoenix wasn't watering him enough, so he kills Miles Edgeworth for revenge in the second half. With that, the truth behind Hemlock, and the various murders he committed, has been revealed!

tl;dr Charley shot JFK.

Spoiler:
I support this theory, this makes for a very thought provoking message on how the ecology is slowly taking over humanity.

manifesting ciconia phase 2

Spoiler: Hemlock's identity
It's probably Snow or someone we haven't seen before, as mentioned before. Freude is too obvious. Vincenzo's suspicious, but it'd be difficult to bring him back from nowhere just to indict him as Hemlock without making it feel awkward. Barrows's role becomes confusing if Greisen was Hemlock. Weever might be a member of Aculeus because of the gold star being a possible tracking device due to being evidence when it should have no reason to be, but even if she is, her being Hemlock seems unlikely. If Hemlock was someone that appears later, he'd probably have to be a member of the police force, assuming he killed Docks and Maplethorpe, again casting suspicion on Snow. There's always the possibility of him hiring Snow to do the killings though, as mentioned earlier somewhere in this thread.

But what if Hemlock had killed Snow beforehand, like somewhere between cases 2 and 3, and using a rubber mask like Vex, impersonated Snow for the remainder of the game? This explains why Hemlock's bald, for he'd have to be to impersonate people properly. This also allows for anyone to be Hemlock, particularly Vincenzo, who didn't appear past Case 1. Doesn't explain the smell of rubber not being detected by Phoenix, and the theory is frankly quite stupid and too similar to Fulbright's reveal, but it's worth putting out.

Also, hi.

Dracarys!

Everybody's here trying to guess Hemlock's identity and I'm here thinking that we've yet to see any evidence contradicting who we already have known it was for quite a while.

Spoiler:
Didn't Cardiovore straight up confirm that it was Maya?

C'mon, people. We've been over this like a thousand times. I know making fan theories is fun, but sometimes it just is what it is.

Planetbox wrote:
Planetbox wrote:

tl;dr Charley shot JFK.

Okay. Wow. You made me a believer.
Were you so ever bored with being alive, you'd fill it with a host of meaningless abstract concepts to make you desire physical things?

Were you ever so bored with physical things, you did away with abstract concepts to prioritize being alive?

Happy Maria

Ropfa wrote:
Everybody's here trying to guess Hemlock's identity and I'm here thinking that we've yet to see any evidence contradicting who we already have known it was for quite a while.

Spoiler:
Didn't Cardiovore straight up confirm that it was Maya?

C'mon, people. We've been over this like a thousand times. I know making fan theories is fun, but sometimes it just is what it is.

Yeah it was a great plot twist,how did I forget?

Mia Payne

:meekins: the obvious culprit is maximillion galaxtica

Blizdi wrote:
:meekins: the obvious culprit is maximillion galaxtica

A dirty hick from the sticks, Billy Bob Johns does not inspire enough confidence in me to make me suspect his involvement in this case. Plus, I would think we'd see clear subtle clues to substantiate this theory like, I do not know, maybe....

MILK.

The imagination justifies the pimp

Meh, I'll just throw my two cents on this.

Spoiler: Who is Hemlock(?)
Hemlock doesn't exist, he was just a figure created to make Aculeus into a supposed criminal organization succeeding the Cohdopian smuggling ring. In reality, Aculeus is really just some vague flower shop that got involved in a police affair. And someone related to it (A policeman probably) used the name as a distraction to keep themselves away from being involved.

I know it doesn't sound all that smart, but there could still be a chance that one of these things can hit bulls-eye.

Mia Payne

A whole 16 hours without an update. IT MUST BE CANCELED

Happy Maria

Yeah,I think Hemlock is us. We want the game,but little do we know that WE ARE THE REASON IT HAS NOT COME OUT YET WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Mia Payne

Spoiler:
Quote:
[5:57:08 AM] Blizdi: Ropfa are you Hemlock?
[5:58:06 AM] Ropfa: You have no power here!
[5:58:14 AM] Blizdi: YOU ARE HEMLOCK.
[5:58:32 AM] Ropfa: I guess the game's up
[5:58:34 AM] Blizdi: YOU KILLED BLAINE AND ASSAULTED BRISBANE YOU MONSTER
[5:58:38 AM] Ropfa: The whole Maya thing was just a red herring
[5:58:44 AM] Ropfa: Now I have to kill you too
[5:58:44 AM] Blizdi: I KNEW IT.
[5:58:46 AM] Blizdi: NO
[5:58:49 AM] Ropfa: kills you

Deadman's switch activated. Evidence posted.

Last edited by Blizdi on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Hey Boozie,I know you're dead and all,but you better tag that.

Either way we know the truzZWZJCDJRDLROPFAYOUBASHTGJRVCEECDFRCDFDVSDCCDCRT

Mia Payne

I am Heml- Blizdi.

I am actually not dead. Hello. I can't wait until Phoenix gets Wicky declared guilty. Ha. Ha.

manifesting ciconia phase 2

So the latest update was on the 21st, with the last one being on the 8th. That means it takes approximately 13 days to complete 10 percent of the game, meaning that unless Cardi gets delayed it's going to be completed around April 2nd.

...I hope.
Page 47 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games