Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 5 of 7[ 280 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Oct-Nov Announcement! 11/5)Topic%20Title

Rising Inspirations

cooler777 wrote:
If you are all music addicts (as am I) so there will need an OST. Seriously, I'd like to listen to Cornered and Allegro themes.

If you mean custom OST like community-made, then that's a possibility, but not for this episode. Apollo's cornered and allegro themes are there. And I am using Edgeworth's presto theme there as well.

Tap wrote:
Honestly, looping isn't a big priority and you don't really need to worry about it. Yes, it'd be nice to have looped music but it'd probably delay the game further and having had a look at how DDRKhat looped music... I can see how it would definitely take quite a while.

Anyway, don't worry about it - it's not like not having looped music will ruin the game or the experience for us players. You've put a lot of effort into Case 1 and this tiny thing is so miniscule... ;)

Hence why I am a "professionalist," and not a perfectionist :edgy: . Oh, 1st movie is done.

Two things left.

Wendy Oldbag.
Looping songs, seriously dead last, if I can muster the carebear in me.

I could really do a release this weekend lol, time to see.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Oct-Nov Announcement! 11/5)Topic%20Title

Rising Inspirations

"October-November Announcement 11/6"

"August 6, 2010 - November 6, 2010"

The lights are broken!!! IS IT GREEN, RED, YELLOW? PURPLE?!!!! MAROON?!

100%

Quote:
Episode 1: Whipping Turnabouts (Version 0.90)
Estimated playtime: 1 hr 50 min+
Difficulty: Exponentially increases (Easy to Hard)
Number of cross-examinations: 6 (7 does not exist in my world, aww you only get 6)

These estimations are risks, since I never allowed beta testing here, I'm risking on mere assumption. It could be hella easy for all I know.

The next post that I make in this topic, unless said otherwise, is

"RELEASE."

Be ready for a grandiose release. It could happen at any time. From now to next weekend.

Small comment: I have to agree with Tap, it is miniscule as compared to the other things I have made. It's version 0.90 for three reasons:

Quote:
Small details such as the music loops.
The lack of a proper embedded player (as of right now).
The half-assed fixes used for PWLib 1.1.

I tried my best in making sure you will have the smoothest experience as possible, hopefully, you will follow it.

Last edited by Radex on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Oct-Nov Announcement! 11/6)Topic%20Title

Hurray. I can't wait to find out who the defendant is... though I have the feeling it's Franziska. ^^

Congrats, Radex. =)

I can't wait to play iiiiiiitttttttt :ron-jazz:

The first finished PWLib game ever.

nekonohime wrote:

Actually, Damion Shard was the first finished PWlib game but I don't think Yggdrasilsword (sp?) is still working on it... :(

The Trusty Nudal!

Awesome news!

Can't wait :)
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Tap wrote:
nekonohime wrote:

Actually, Damion Shard was the first finished PWlib game but I don't think Yggdrasilsword (sp?) is still working on it... :(

It was? I've actually never heard of it or seen it around here. Must be a dead project, which really doesn't count for me.

Rising Inspirations

Hello, this is Radex's ghost speaking, this is not "Radex." Just a figment of your imagination.

Lee Ji Hoon made the first PWLib game: games/phoenix-wright-trials-life-looking-for-sprite-editors-t8750.html

That's right. Radex's ghost is right. Damion Shard was the 2nd game made.

I AM DA THIRD. Third times a charm, mirite?

Tap <_< as to your guess, she be chillin, with butterflies and apple sauce. Maybe it's WENDY O.O.

Oh, fun note, I'm sad that I have to scrap the Bell-girl dressed Wendy :(, ever since I lost $70 Intuos4 pen, it has been hard, and I honestly don't want to spend hours on mere edits, when I could spend those hours on actual customs for later things.

So, I am playing this one more time. Then you can have your eyes taped to the monitor and wait.

Here for my yearly login

The anticipation for this game has now overridden my desire to watch Blade Runner. Damn BBC3 and it's schedules!!!
Signatures are hard...

Apollon Flame

Oh, yeeeah. I haven't the slightest clue on who the defendant is. xD
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

"Rising Inspirations; Imaginative Aspirations."

Welcome to the release of Episode 1: Whipping Turnabouts. The third completed PWLib game and the first to publicly have working investigation(s) (in PWLib). I have to thank you for waiting in these three months. Allow me to say that the most I expect from this episode is a "good enough." What I expect from this episode is to bring the potential of a wondrous story. If it is "epic" on its own as compared to many great fangames, I only have you to thank.

You may not like this Episode, and that is fine. You may love this Episode, and I truly appreciate for you playing it. To those who have doubted me in how I will execute such concepts, here is the first answer to your questions. It may leave you with more questions, but remember, a story is a story, focus on the subtle details and think how it will work with the big picture. To those who have supported me, again, your advice and motivation has helped me in building this Episode.

This Episode is an attempt in breaking "typical" boundaries or limitations that the game or the person, him or herself would do in creating a fangame. As to what they are, play the game :godot: . I hope (like many others before me), I inspire others in making a story and produce their own "game."

Episode 1 is very simplistic in nature, especially the "case" itself. It is meant to be. To be honest, it is more difficult in keeping it simple than over-the-top (and intricate). It's an intention, but for what reason? I said it before, it's for a certain literary effect that Ping mentioned as well as many others in other topics. The nature of the game is to think about the subtle details. They are a huge determining factor of the amount of "story" you will receive. You may be satisfied of what's blatantly given, but you may not realize the intricate backgrounds (characterizations, etc.) that are presented. One day, I'll give you the details; ask the questions and I'll answer them, eventually.

Also, this Episode does not do the usual/typical "The name's Apollo Justice, I am a defense attorney," or "That's Trucy Wright, Mr. Wright's step-daughter, and heir to the Gramarye magic;" it's under the assumption that you know the background of the characters.

Spoiler: Episode 1 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrmMb_UD1po

Gotta love pictures.
Spoiler: Pictures
"The Beginning of a Story."

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"History."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

To those that are credited and acknowledged, you will see the credits in the 2nd movie.
Spoiler: Credits/Acknowledgments
Credits
Radex
KSA_Tech
Scent
MiaFeyFan
SendoBrian

Acknowledgments
Ping
Tap
nekonohime
Nudalman
Manson
Indochine Ramera
Huddini
MayaPhoenix
miles_edgeworth
kwando
DeMatador
EmilyMarkham
Dypo
Singapore123
TheWrightWay
Topaz
King Treuth
Meph
Nevfx
Little Magician
Power Berry
Mimi Mika

Spoiler: Extra Thank Yous
To people of random order.

KSA_Tech - If it weren't for your project, I wouldn't have been able to bring this level of "art." I hope, that this third PWLib game adds to the list. If you plan on playing it with PWLib 1.2, I expect a 60% compatibility because of the half-assed fixes I used. Hehe, I need to fix them.

Scent - Thank you for continously posting in this topic. And thank you for the Wendy Oldbag idea.

Indochine Ramera - I hope you are there still ;).

Nudalman - Like Scent, I'm glad you post quite a bit. I am still holding my answer for Re:tracer :3.

Ping - I am sorry if I disappointed you for slacking off the music loops. But, I have to thank you for motivating me since the beginning development of this episode. You have been also a good adviser as well.

Tap - Thanks for sticking up with this topic, hehe, I have to admit there are some similarities to my Episode 1 and your Episode 1.

Neknohime - I'm happy that it'll be the first PWLib game you have played.

Manson - Thank you for being one of the first motivators. This should quench your anticipation. I hope I didn't fail you ;)

MayaPhoenix - X3. <- Yes, that smiley is the comment. Haha.

Huddini - Yes, be very proud of your fangame. You have thought plenty on the execution of your trial.

EmilyMarkham - It's here! xD

DeMatador - Thank you. Here's the first part to your question.

"August 6, 2010 - November 6, 2010"

Spoiler: The Making of Episode 1
11/2/10 post1123826.html#p1123826
10/29/10 post1122697.html#p1122697
10/23/10 post1121173.html#p1121173
10/14/10 post1119739.html#p1119739
10/13/10 post1119047.html#p1119047
10/11/10 post1118831.html#p1118831 post1118737.html#p1118737
10/5/10 post1117825.html#p1117825
10/9/10 post1118447.html#p1118447
10/3/10 post1117443.html#p1117443
10/2/10 post1117089.html#p1117089 post1117170.html#p1117170
9/28/10 (Cross-examination difficulty graph) post1116464.html#p1116464
9/26/10 post1116162.html#p1116162
9/25/10 (DevDiary #1) post1115848.html#p1115848
9/23/10 post1115480.html#p1115480
9/18/10 post1114523.html#p1114523
9/12/10 post1113281.html#p1113281
9/8/10 post1112113.html#p1112113
9/4/10 post1111283.html#p1111283 post1111427.html#p1111427
8/26/10 Continuing graphic edits. Closing on coding the epic and my favorite scene. Beginning to create caseselect episode 1 screen. Splitting the whip animation sprite effect that I found. Hoping to find a higher quality one. One that is an actual sheet.
I think I found the climatic music for the final cross-examination (wonder who's the last one to be cross-examined :rolls eyes:)
Final Cross-Examination Music: FXIII Desperate Struggle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDZEbpvi54
8/25/10 (Wendy Oldbag for PWLib 1.1 created) post1109191.html#p1109191
8/23/10 post1108876.html#p1108876
8/15/10 11:34PM (PST) Updated Franziska sprite. Still very rough. Can clearly see the half-assed brushing. Just building a base. It's getting there. Suggestions are welcome. Oh, still looking for the Franziska whip (effect) sprite sheet.
8/15/10 Major revisions on button graphics. Sure, small details, but don't want to do too much of one thing (coding etc) and I want to make this unique as possible. I am thinking of making an AAI styled background under the button graphics. Any input will be nice.
8/14/10 Redesigning button graphics. Check it out. What you may see may change later on.
8/13/10 Just some more dialogue scripting. I will show pics when things become more fleshed out.
8/11/10 WIP Franziska, I'm still shading her, I'm deciding color choice for her clothes, mostly likely white, I'm trying to think of hairstyle, most likely ponytail, advice wanted
8/9/10 Redoing some of the "logic"/case.
8/8/10 (10:45PM PST) Edited Franziska. Considering to change her hair. Will show pics when she's completed.
8/8/10 Some visible progress. A simple color edit of Edgeworth based on his "revival" in PW:AA:JFA, a little long and tedious, but simple. Anything that you see may change later on. Expect more serious character edits later on.
And before anyone asks, Wright is acting as an assistant in this episode. You will play as Apollo in this episode.
8/7/10 Working on the first Cross-Examination. Most of the dialogue for court room is done. Still working on some parts, some I feel are forced or almost out of character. Scripting Edgeworth (mine will have some gfx edits on him, mainly color) but I will have originals shown unless said otherwise. Thanks Tap!
8/7/10 Working on court room now. Need to script sprites of Apollo and Edgeworth.
8/6/10 Scripting dialogue and have plenty of placeholders at the moment.

Download wrote:
"The smallest and most simplistic details… Are the most significant source of information."

Please have the following: Quicktime and WinRAR. For the first experience, extract the game, go to movies folder, play AARJ Intro (with Quicktime), and then play the game.

Direct X 9.0c: http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 SP1 Redistributable (32-bit): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

Link (165.43 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?kiazh74ylnc1p9l
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJ2SF6L5

If you have downloaded the game before November 10, 2010 at 8:36 PM (Pacific Standard Time) download this (AARJ_EP1.hlsl) correction: http://www.mediafire.com/?72os07oj9ya8awu

Thank you for your suggestions, advice, criticisms, and praises.

Episode 1: Whipping Turnabouts (Version 0.90)
Estimated playtime: 1 hr 50 min+
Difficulty: Exponentially increases (Easy to Hard)
Number of cross-examinations: 6 (7 does not exist in my world, aww you only get 6)

Please read the Guide (Readme) for important info such as specs/requirements and other fun stuff.

*As I said before, I will not give advice for a whole week (like hints on CEs).

I could and probably will be dead wrong on the difficulty. But, I can be confident enough to know the intricacy of the story itself. And I am 99% sure that there will be some minor (and possibly major) grammatical errors. (Seriously, try dealing with over 10k lines of code)

Spoiler: VERY IMPORTANT NOTES
Known Bugs
Text overlays each other (sometimes) whenever colored text is used.
Backgrounds stretch. Especially stretches button background (AAI-styled bg) when an examine is done.
Fade in/out. Whenever you minimize the game while it is fading in or out (a character or bg) it will freeze the fading. Character or background could be dimmed.
The saving/loading is very unpredictable. I honestly do not know what you will experience.
Sometimes you won't be able to "X" out, so, on your taskbar, right click and then close the game.

Version 0.90
Half-assed fixes.
setvar([pw_crossexamattorneycode],500000); //I set 500000 for Apollo's Vs. graphic (the graphic when you see a character's eyes for a cross-examination)
I replaced the GS1-3 court backgrounds with GS4 court backgrounds.
I edited the courtroom overview position (x, y coords) of the Judge and defense attorney.
I moved the position of the witness, defense attorney, and prosecutor graphics with Photoshop in order to match with the courtroom overview background.
Made a half-assed "GK" argument/rebuttal cross-examination.
Made a makeshift "whipping," you hear the stuff, but you don't see it. I had problems.
Old code used for normal Hobo Phoenix. There are graphical glitches to it.

Other
Small details such as the music loops.
The lack of a proper embedded player (as of right now).
The half-assed fixes used for PWLib 1.1.

"Thank you for being there."

"Suum Cuique"

Last edited by Radex on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Episode 1 Released! 11/8)Topic%20Title

i want to try it but , get this error from mediafire >_<

Invalid or Deleted File
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

Rising Inspirations

rein123 wrote:
i want to try it but , get this error from mediafire >_<

Invalid or Deleted File
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

Server problems, I am uploading to Megaupload as well. I also am going to release the AARJ_EP1.hlsl file because there was a minor mistake, and some people dl'd it. Gimme 20-30 minutes to upload it.

Edit: Done.

The Trusty Nudal!

Great job Radex!

Your so much more efficient then me. (I started my game a month before you, and only half as far as you :P)
Can't wait to play it!

Downloading now...
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Rising Inspirations

nudalman wrote:
Great job Radex!

Your so much more efficient then me. (I started my game a month before you, and only half as far as you :P)
Can't wait to play it!

Downloading now...

Hehe, and I still have time. Well, not at this moment, colleges and stuff :p.

I've downloaded it twice, but when I try to open AIGE, It keeps giving me the same Error: "The program can not be started because d3dx9_34.dll is missing from your computer. You may be able to fix this problem by instaling the program again." or something like that, I live in the Netherlands so it's written in dutch.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there something I can do about it?
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Rising Inspirations

beterbomen wrote:
I've downloaded it twice, but when I try to open AIGE, It keeps giving me the same Error: "The program can not be started because d3dx9_34.dll is missing from your computer. You may be able to fix this problem by instaling the program again." or something like that, I live in the Netherlands so it's written in dutch.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there something I can do about it?

Here you go :D. http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/

I made that fancy guide book which answers that <.<.

Rising Inspirations

If the investigation is too evil xD, then later today I will release the ez-mode investigation phase. But, then it would defeat the little thing I have :yuusaku: , hehe.

So I was right about hard stuff. :3.

I object to the objection

I'm not very far right now, simply because of the lack of time... I have 3 exams tomorrow ö It's killing me.
But what I have played so far is very great :D I love the opening and all ;)
And that guide is useful :P good idea to include that! :maya:

Just started! Will come back with a full review when I'm done!

Hey Radex.

I've DL'd all the necessary programs and the game itself. The only problem I've come across is getting the game to run. I've clicked AIGE and I chose new game and the case name. Then the loading screen remains black. I waited five minutes but I'm sure it just froze.

Any help you can give?
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal

Rising Inspirations

HumbleClutter wrote:
Hey Radex.

I've DL'd all the necessary programs and the game itself. The only problem I've come across is getting the game to run. I've clicked AIGE and I chose new game and the case name. Then the loading screen remains black. I waited five minutes but I'm sure it just froze.

Any help you can give?

Hm, that is really weird. Take some pictures so I can see. Tell me what is your computer and your specs. Make sure it is Direct X9.0C or higher. Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 SP1 Redistributable or higher.

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

The game runs fine on PWLib 1.2. I made some changes for it to run via the GameLister (paths).

Also you did one of the worse"sins" on pwlib: change the pwlib resource files. There is a better way to change gfx like what you want.

Two bugs were detected and fixed on aige and pwlib while i quick-tested the game.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

System: Microsoft Windows XP, Version 2002, Service Pack 3

Comp: AMD Sempron Processor, 1.60 GHz, 448MB of RAM, 2600+

I hope this is the correct information. If you're unable to help I won't worry about it. This computer is old and has undergone multiple repairs.
You don't need a reason to help people. -Zidane Tribal

It seems to be because of memory usage. AIGE 0.9.700a has a bad habit to use a lot of ram when loading a largen umber of animations. That is fixed on AIGE 0.9.800a (that i hope to eventually release with PWLib 1.2).

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Apollon Flame

Wait... I'm being credited instead of acknowledged? I feel... Special. ;~;
Also, it's currently 8:31 P.M. here, I won't rest until I play the game! xD
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

KSA_Tech wrote:
The game runs fine on PWLib 1.2. I made some changes for it to run via the GameLister (paths).

Also you did one of the worse"sins" on pwlib: change the pwlib resource files. There is a better way to change gfx like what you want.

Two bugs were detected and fixed on aige and pwlib while i quick-tested the game.

At the beginning, I was looking over, and someone asked how to change button layout (I think from Phoenix to Mia) but there was no direct link in 1.1. So, I began with the changing of the resource files which showed indications of my noobier days with PWLib.

I know there is a better way now, after going over how the buttons were assembled, and that was recently, but after some thought, and realizing that I don't know how you may have restructured PWLib 1.2 (since I haven't beta tested it so that I may restructure the code which I should have asked you for).

I decided for the time being that I do this "mess" until I can get PWLib 1.2 in order to make a smooth restructure for the buttons and other assets. Also about the loops, I read that you and DDRKhat were designing a music library, so it was also a reason why I didn't make loops.

HumbleClutter wrote:
System: Microsoft Windows XP, Version 2002, Service Pack 3

Comp: AMD Sempron Processor, 1.60 GHz, 448MB of RAM, 2600+

I hope this is the correct information. If you're unable to help I won't worry about it. This computer is old and has undergone multiple repairs.

KSA_Tech wrote:
It seems to be because of memory usage. AIGE 0.9.700a has a bad habit to use a lot of ram when loading a largen umber of animations. That is fixed on AIGE 0.9.800a (that i hope to eventually release with PWLib 1.2).

Indeed, which I mentioned a while back. Like page 2 in this topic. Which KSA_Tech mentioned, only if I can lessen the bloat in 1.1 >.<.

Scent wrote:
Wait... I'm being credited instead of acknowledged? I feel... Special. ;~;
Also, it's currently 8:31 P.M. here, I won't rest until I play the game! xD

You'll see how things play out ;).

Hehehe, just know, the beginning is insane based on what Nudalman has told me :3, it's pure evil, I will release the ez-investigate version if there is a large amount of people complaining, but it is designed to be hard and follow the way that the other AA games have done in examines. I basically require you to examine, as a hint to, LOOK FOR IMPORTANT SUBTLE SMALL DETAILS :minuki: .

Oh, "no clues there." So, there is a nice reward to the person that can beat it (and I beg you to not cheat) in its current hardened state.

Edit: Nudal, if you could take those pictures, I may be able to help you in your graphics problem.

Apollon Flame

Radex wrote:
I will release the ez-investigate version

Is that supposed to be a Metal Gear reference? xD
Still downloading. D:
A King

in name

alone...

I'll add the asset changerfunctions for the needed buttons to simplify the process. Also I need to update gumshow, since 1.2's gumshoe is not working properly with the game.

I'm kinda satisfied how AIGE 800a + PWLib 1.2 hardly passes the 160mb memory usage.

Rising Inspirations

KSA_Tech wrote:
I'll add the asset changerfunctions for the needed buttons to simplify the process. Also I need to update gumshow, since 1.2's gumshoe is not working properly with the game.

I'm kinda satisfied how AIGE 800a + PWLib 1.2 hardly passes the 160mb memory usage.

Great to hear that. Mmk, if you still want me to beta-test and work on the book, I'm becoming more available now, got my applications almost finished.

nekonohime wrote:
Just started! Will come back with a full review when I'm done!

I EXPECT BADGERING! Good luck to you ;).

MayaPhoenix wrote:
I'm not very far right now, simply because of the lack of time... I have 3 exams tomorrow ö It's killing me.
But what I have played so far is very great :D I love the opening and all ;)
And that guide is useful :P good idea to include that! :maya:

Glad someone read the guide xD. Thank you, I'm glad you love it. I hope you can beat it ;3 and see the endings.

Scent wrote:
Radex wrote:
I will release the ez-investigate version

Is that supposed to be a Metal Gear reference? xD
Still downloading. D:

Maybe <.<, seriously with ez-investigate, you can do the investigation phase in a literal 4 minutes.

Apollon Flame

Four minutes?! That doesn't sound fun, at all. :/
A King

in name

alone...

PWLib 1.2 needs a very huge beta testing from someone interested before I consider its release. I ended up finding two bugs while testing the game.

Save on AIGE is broken (I knew that, but I will have to work on it because of Strike Witches: Sky Guardians, so it will end up working properly when it is out. AhlSL reworks caused the load crash issue that I need to fix.).

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
Four minutes?! That doesn't sound fun, at all. :/

On hard mode, 15 minutes has passed for Nudalman, and he still can't pass the investigation phase ;).

KSA_Tech wrote:
PWLib 1.2 needs a very huge beta testing from someone interested before I consider its release. I ended up finding two bugs while testing the game.

Save on AIGE is broken (I knew that, but I will have to work on it because of Strike Witches: Sky Guardians, so it will end up working properly when it is out. AhlSL reworks caused the load crash issue that I need to fix.).

Well, I practically spent three months and over 10k lines (more than YggdrassilSword hehe) and basically redid much of the look of the game <.<.

I knew those two bugs and I am sure I have mentioned at least the investigation examine bug, I experienced the loading bug and I had rare cases where I suddenly crash, most likely the memory hog usage. I basically did the investigation in order to see any problems lol. I'm surprised DeMat or Papermario haven't told you about that especially if they had investigations working first (privately).

Speaking of which, what about the beta team that you have assembled, other than inactivity, I would have thought DeMat or DDR would be more in contact with you on that.

Last edited by Radex on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

The bugs i found were the examine back one (that reverted back to the case start, with extreme prejudice) and the placeshake bug (that i ended up inserting when reworking the effects). Random crashes pretty much do not exist in aige for quite a while now.

DDRKhat went busy again, so he may not be available test properly. And i has been a while since I talked with DeMatador.

AIGE hardly crashes now (and only when i do some big mistake on coding), so i consider it a lot more stable then 700a. While playing the game, I only got the crash related to the shake effector (fixed) and the load crash kinda expected). When you get a copy of this revision of pwlib you'll be able to test properly. I really need someone other then myself to give the latest aige and pwlib a good test.

Rising Inspirations

KSA_Tech wrote:
The bugs i found were the examine back one (that reverted back to the case start, with extreme prejudice) and the placeshake bug (that i ended up inserting when reworking the effects). Random crashes pretty much do not exist in aige for quite a while now.

DDRKhat went busy again, so he may not be available test properly. And i has been a while since I talked with DeMatador.

AIGE hardly crashes now (and only when i do some big mistake on coding), so i consider it a lot more stable then 700a. While playing the game, I only got the crash related to the shake effector (fixed) and the load crash kinda expected). When you get a copy of this revision of pwlib you'll be able to test properly. I really need someone other then myself to give the latest aige and pwlib a good test.

And then I probably could write up some ideas for the book as well. I've been coordinating with people in working with PWLib, great to see it in the works. Seeing a lot things that are needed to be done.

"Announcement"

The first three people who can beat the game before the week ends. Will get something.

And will help everyone else get something too as well. Good luck.

Two more games coming up soon

Congratulations on the release, Radex! Good to see all your hard work and dedication pay off ;)
(And thanks a lot for the acknowledgment :D)

Spoiler: thoughts so far
I've done 4 testimonies so far. In terms of emulating the real games, graphically and gameplay wise, I've rarely seen such a good job. The game really shows what PWLib can do. The contradictions are clear, and the difficulty is just the right amount. You have a good flair for the dramatic (loved the video at the beginning), and some of the music choices are excellent. Concerning the plot, you managed to make the victim interesting, which is rare. But beware of typos / grammatical errors (especially missing words, often prepositions) / strange sentences, there are a lot of them and they can make the experience less enjoyable ; thorough proofreading would improve the game dramatically at little cost. Also, Apollo strikes me as a little too calm, and some of his explanations of the contradictions a little too long-winded (case in point: the one with all the "..."s). I'm telling you this because it's fairly easy and quick to fix (and more important than say, looped music XD). But the case is definitely impressive to look at, so congrats again.

Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Rising Inspirations

Ping' wrote:
Congratulations on the release, Radex! Good to see all your hard work and dedication pay off ;)
(And thanks a lot for the acknowledgment :D)

Spoiler: thoughts so far
I've done 4 testimonies so far. In terms of emulating the real games, graphically and gameplay wise, I've rarely seen such a good job. The game really shows what PWLib can do. The contradictions are clear, and the difficulty is just the right amount. You have a good flair for the dramatic (loved the video at the beginning), and some of the music choices are excellent. Concerning the plot, you managed to make the victim interesting, which is rare. But beware of typos / grammatical errors (especially missing words, often prepositions) / strange sentences, there are a lot of them and they can make the experience less enjoyable ; thorough proofreading would improve the game dramatically at little cost. Also, Apollo strikes me as a little too calm, and some of his explanations of the contradictions a little too long-winded (case in point: the one with all the "..."s). I'm telling you this because it's fairly easy and quick to fix (and more important than say, looped music XD). But the case is definitely impressive to look at, so congrats again.

There is a reason to that calmness ;), only if this Episode could show why (well actually, part of it is explained, very vaguely).

As for the grammar, I am not too surprised, like you have said before, this is not the final version :godot:. To be honest, that long-winded explanation is a problem that I had while developing the game :yuusaku: . It would be more effective if I had pictures to represent it. Or if I can either keep it and make it flow or minimize it more.

I really appreciate the review and I'm glad you are enjoying it. You guys are basically beta-testing it, if you are ever so curious :O.

And speaking of which, I'm impressed you're doing well so far.

Congratulations again, Radex! I just finished only a few moments ago and suffice to say, this definitely is one of my favourite PW fangames - especially for a first case. While differing from the conventions generally featured in first episodes, you certainly made up for it with a unique and constant twist on the plot and the game play. Here is my review I took when I was playing.

Spoiler:
- Smooth loading screen (graphic-wise) but slow to start up. *sigh* It reminds me of my PWlib days.
xD

- Oho, don't think I don't know that track you used in the intro. That has to be an instrumental version of Tori no Uta (Lia). Damn you for getting to use it before me. xD

- Don't think I didn't pick up on that reference to JM with the basketball. xD

- Personal Suggestion: Make the edges around all evidence/profiles transparent. That's how it's done in the games.

- Ha ha! I knew Franziska was the client! :D

- Btw, you captured her perfectly.

- Wow, I'm really enjoying it so far. I love the format you included - an investigation before the trial. It's great. =)

- Could you replace PW Hobo's normal animation with sheets from the PyWright package and rescript that emotion? It's very odd...

- Argh, this was one thing I was annoyed about PWlib. The Hold It, Take That, Objection and Pauses always acted odd because of the FPS issue. :|

- What's with the profile pictures in the C-R? They all... look weird. Franziska looks cross-eyed. :sadshoe:

- (I wonder why the Judge is being so serious today?) To escape Franziska's whip! xD

- Franziska is really small in the Court Overview. Look at Auraion's sprite page for a cool version of her in court.

- Love the Kristoph references! I should have put more in my Case 1. :P

- You keep forgetting to hide the textbox when a start-up animation such as Edgeworth's hand shake or Judge's nod is played. :P

- I am the Chief Detective of Criminial Affairs.

-- Resumed Gameplay --

- Bug 1 - Save: If you resume a saved game from the MASON start, the MASON BG remains and the character sprites don't show
up till the next character is initialised. Also, you can't access Evidence as it doesn't load. :|

... Which means that if you want to load a save, you have to play through it all till you reach the Investigation. :P

- Never mind. I saw you included a save/load start. xD

-A consistent error through the game is that you forget commas when addressing characters. Example...
"Good luck Franziska" should be "Good luck, Franziska." because the character is talking to her.

- Oh, dear, Edgey. I'm so sorry. xD

- Character animations seem... a bit too fast. :|

- Good choice in bringing back "Noisy People" as Oldbag's theme. =D

- JudgeBag?! 0_o

- Hide the textbox just before WT/CE because the last line quickly comes up before it changes. :P

- Bug: When I was pressing Oldbag's statement that results in Apollo showing the map, I saw his thinking sheet.
0_o

- Love the subtle Perceive sounds. ^^

- Instead of "I saw her kill him II", rename it to "I saw her kill him Pt. 2"

- Oh, wow, all the characters in the CRO's are midgets. No offense but is that a coding problem or your intention?

- Great contradiction involving the sun - I wouldn't have thought of something so unique.

- No penalty so far. :D

- I love the smirk on Oldbag's face when the screen flashes to her after Edgeworth objects.

- Baliff, could you please escort her to the lobby?

- You were right - there are a lot of similar elements which is great. It shows how two great minds think alike. Choosing to have Fran testify is quite similar to the moment in Pt. 3 where Payne asks Apollo if he wants to hear the theory. ;)

- Bailiff not Baliff. :P

- Yay, Perceive sound again! Everyone is lying today. xD

- I have no idea who the killer is. Great job on keeping it a mystery so far. ;)

- Interpol Agent? Oh, dear. xD

- Rela'aria, Venatus? Sounds like somewhere from FF. :P

- When the CE logo comes up for "Alexander Ethos' Identity", Fran is talking.

- I plead silence: Use the Suspense Music. ;)

- We haven't heard from Edgeworth in a bit. I'm predicting he's going to do something to save the case.

- And I was right. xD

- First penalty. :(

- What a monster of a cross-examination/argument/rebuttal that was. :P

- Love the Mason System/Jurist System. It's great. =)

- I died slightly inside from shock when Desperate Struggles came on. Radex, I knew you were using it but... you chose the
perfect moment. ;)

- Btw, what would have happened if I chose Not Guilty? :|

- "Where, what or who..." should be in green font... not blue.

- Ethos' profile doesn't work. Franziska's doesn't. Too bad Oldbag's doesn't. It would be epic if it did. xD

- No... No... No... you can't be... you can't be. This can't be a trap to force the player into a gameover. No piece of evidence
fits the description...

- Oh, Radex, I hate and love you so much. You are a genius. Luring everyone into presenting wrong evidence. Forcing the player into a game over. This is so clever...

- Love the custom art, Radex. You're a pretty good artist. ;)

- Interesting ending to the trial. I'm guessing that the case is going to be revisited. From what you've hinted, I'm guessing this case plays a major role in Case 3 which is where the presence of everyone from the PW era is explained properly... if I remember correctly. ;)

- If Apollo put the badge on the table... and got the Magatama, then shouldn't it be in the Court Record? You did specify pocket so I guess that's why it isn't in there...

ENDING 1 - That hotel room tells me of who the real killer is - Redd White. No doubt about it. He's the only one who fits the description for past crimes and of course, that room. We know that he stayed in that room with May so... ;)

Btw, did you make that in Adobe Premier? I noticed it was much better quality (the font in particular). If you made it in Premier, then you're amazing! If not, what other program did you use. Either way, it's still awesome. :D

ENDING 2 - GODOT HAS A DAUGHTER?! *GASP*

I died of shock then. Seriously. That was totally unexpected. 0_o

Also, minor nitpick but it says on the time stamp, Courtroom Lobby when they're in the Courtroom themselves. :P

Final Review!

★ ★ ★ ★
(4/5)

I was very impressed by the direction the plot took. It was unique and captivating. The addition of .avi movies added to the brilliance of your trial. You, sir, are a genius. Your ideas were fabulous and you pulled them off really, really well.

Music choices were, of course, brilliant. I love FF music and your trial was filled to the top with it. A hyperbole but you get the point. :karma:

Graphics were great - even the recolour of Edgeworth. Everything was clean, crisp and smooth... except for Hobo Phoenix's animations which you know about. ;)

Will I play this again? Most likely. Your trial has encouraged me to work on my Case 2 now as well as try to match how awesome this trial is. ^^

Great job, Radex. I look forward to reading updates about Re-tracer. =D

Right behind you

Cant get far the first investigation. What the hell I should search?

UPD: Got it.
Spoiler:
Chief Detective Gumshoe? Wait WHAT?

Last edited by cooler777 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rising Inspirations

Tap wrote:
Congratulations again, Radex! I just finished only a few moments ago and suffice to say, this definitely is one of my favourite PW fangames - especially for a first case. While differing from the conventions generally featured in first episodes, you certainly made up for it with a unique and constant twist on the plot and the game play. Here is my review I took when I was playing.

Spoiler:
- Smooth loading screen (graphic-wise) but slow to start up. *sigh* It reminds me of my PWlib days.
xD
Hehe, I gotta make up for it.
- Oho, don't think I don't know that track you used in the intro. That has to be an instrumental version of Tori no Uta (Lia). Damn you for getting to use it before me. xD

- Don't think I didn't pick up on that reference to JM with the basketball. xD
Rather than a direct-indirect insinuation of your case (if that ever makes sense), I took the overall theme and made a pun :D
- Personal Suggestion: Make the edges around all evidence/profiles transparent. That's how it's done in the games.
Hm, I pretty used the PWLib resources as they were.
- Ha ha! I knew Franziska was the client! :D
Heh, indeed.
- Btw, you captured her perfectly.

- Wow, I'm really enjoying it so far. I love the format you included - an investigation before the trial. It's great. =)
I gotta show how it started before xD
- Could you replace PW Hobo's normal animation with sheets from the PyWright package and rescript that emotion? It's very odd...
It's going
- Argh, this was one thing I was annoyed about PWlib. The Hold It, Take That, Objection and Pauses always acted odd because of the FPS issue. :|

- What's with the profile pictures in the C-R? They all... look weird. Franziska looks cross-eyed. :sadshoe:
Show me the pictures, you are most likely suffering tearing.
- (I wonder why the Judge is being so serious today?) To escape Franziska's whip! xD

- Franziska is really small in the Court Overview. Look at Auraion's sprite page for a cool version of her in court.
I probably should check
- Love the Kristoph references! I should have put more in my Case 1. :P
Hehe.
- You keep forgetting to hide the textbox when a start-up animation such as Edgeworth's hand shake or Judge's nod is played. :P
Hm, I thought I fixed most of that.
- I am the Chief Detective of Criminial Affairs.
Now, how did I miss that?
-- Resumed Gameplay --

- Bug 1 - Save: If you resume a saved game from the MASON start, the MASON BG remains and the character sprites don't show
up till the next character is initialised. Also, you can't access Evidence as it doesn't load. :|

... Which means that if you want to load a save, you have to play through it all till you reach the Investigation. :P

- Never mind. I saw you included a save/load start. xD

-A consistent error through the game is that you forget commas when addressing characters. Example...
"Good luck Franziska" should be "Good luck, Franziska." because the character is talking to her.
I probably most likely missed the comma <_<.
- Oh, dear, Edgey. I'm so sorry. xD
Haha.
- Character animations seem... a bit too fast. :|
Sounds like you got a fast computer.
- Good choice in bringing back "Noisy People" as Oldbag's theme. =D

- JudgeBag?! 0_o

- Hide the textbox just before WT/CE because the last line quickly comes up before it changes. :P
Mmm going to find that.
- Bug: When I was pressing Oldbag's statement that results in Apollo showing the map, I saw his thinking sheet.
0_o
Wow, I never saw that <.<
- Love the subtle Perceive sounds. ^^

- Instead of "I saw her kill him II", rename it to "I saw her kill him Pt. 2"
I should probably, then again, different art direction xD.
- Oh, wow, all the characters in the CRO's are midgets. No offense but is that a coding problem or your intention?
Coding problem.
- Great contradiction involving the sun - I wouldn't have thought of something so unique.
How could something so simple be so effect x3?
- No penalty so far. :D
O rly?
- I love the smirk on Oldbag's face when the screen flashes to her after Edgeworth objects.

- Baliff, could you please escort her to the lobby?
Ngggrh, spell check for Notepad++, nao.
- You were right - there are a lot of similar elements which is great. It shows how two great minds think alike. Choosing to have Fran testify is quite similar to the moment in Pt. 3 where Payne asks Apollo if he wants to hear the theory. ;)
Indeed.
- Bailiff not Baliff. :P
I need spell check.
- Yay, Perceive sound again! Everyone is lying today. xD
I originally wanted to do a perceive, but, a workaround had to be made :D.
- I have no idea who the killer is. Great job on keeping it a mystery so far. ;)
Only if :D
- Interpol Agent? Oh, dear. xD
Still doing her job :D.
- Rela'aria, Venatus? Sounds like somewhere from FF. :P
It does lol.
- When the CE logo comes up for "Alexander Ethos' Identity", Fran is talking.

- I plead silence: Use the Suspense Music. ;)

- We haven't heard from Edgeworth in a bit. I'm predicting he's going to do something to save the case.
Why so passive?
- And I was right. xD
:nods:
- First penalty. :(
HA!
- What a monster of a cross-examination/argument/rebuttal that was. :P

- Love the Mason System/Jurist System. It's great. =)

- I died slightly inside from shock when Desperate Struggles came on. Radex, I knew you were using it but... you chose the
perfect moment. ;)

- Btw, what would have happened if I chose Not Guilty? :|
The same result. It would be more wtf maybe?
- "Where, what or who..." should be in green font... not blue.
Mmkay.
- Ethos' profile doesn't work. Franziska's doesn't. Too bad Oldbag's doesn't. It would be epic if it did. xD
Interesting, I need to check that out.
- No... No... No... you can't be... you can't be. This can't be a trap to force the player into a gameover. No piece of evidence
fits the description...
Hence, a unique use of the gameplay mechanics :godot:
- Oh, Radex, I hate and love you so much. You are a genius. Luring everyone into presenting wrong evidence. Forcing the player into a game over. This is so clever...

- Love the custom art, Radex. You're a pretty good artist. ;)
Thank you :D
- Interesting ending to the trial. I'm guessing that the case is going to be revisited. From what you've hinted, I'm guessing this case plays a major role in Case 3 which is where the presence of everyone from the PW era is explained properly... if I remember correctly. ;)
Hm, I wonder about that.
- If Apollo put the badge on the table... and got the Magatama, then shouldn't it be in the Court Record? You did specify pocket so I guess that's why it isn't in there...

ENDING 1 - That hotel room tells me of who the real killer is - Redd White. No doubt about it. He's the only one who fits the description for past crimes and of course, that room. We know that he stayed in that room with May so... ;)
You are close.
Btw, did you make that in Adobe Premier? I noticed it was much better quality (the font in particular). If you made it in Premier, then you're amazing! If not, what other program did you use. Either way, it's still awesome. :D
Made in Adobe Premiere, screen captured ;D.
ENDING 2 - GODOT HAS A DAUGHTER?! *GASP*

I died of shock then. Seriously. That was totally unexpected. 0_o
Who would have suspected? :godot:
Also, minor nitpick but it says on the time stamp, Courtroom Lobby when they're in the Courtroom themselves. :P
They are really not there, since you don't see anyone in the Courtroom, if you notice :redd: . Rather, it's a different perspective, and right before they enter.
Final Review!

★ ★ ★ ★
(4/5)

I was very impressed by the direction the plot took. It was unique and captivating. The addition of .avi movies added to the brilliance of your trial. You, sir, are a genius. Your ideas were fabulous and you pulled them off really, really well.
I hope PWLib 1.2 comes out, so a true Whipping Turnabouts come into fruition.
Music choices were, of course, brilliant. I love FF music and your trial was filled to the top with it. A hyperbole but you get the point. :karma:
Gotta feel the motion of the music :minuki:
Graphics were great - even the recolour of Edgeworth. Everything was clean, crisp and smooth... except for Hobo Phoenix's animations which you know about. ;)
Haha.
Will I play this again? Most likely. Your trial has encouraged me to work on my Case 2 now as well as try to match how awesome this trial is. ^^

Great job, Radex. I look forward to reading updates about Re-tracer. =D

Comments in red. I have more to say later today, Tap. :minuki: I rushed some of my comments, damn school.

But, gotta wonder, did you take the time to do the full investigation ;)?
Page 5 of 7 [ 280 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games