Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 18 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30  Next

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (CASE FIVE IS GO!!!)Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

Tilemaxosbra wrote:
Gee Mister Ropfa. You sure like leaving out unused images in your game.

Spoiler:
Like this one, for example.

:yogi:

Ah Tile, we gotta love how cheeky you are :godot:

Blizdi wrote:
So... I was bored and made this...

Case 5 sprite spoiler:
Spoiler:

This is legit. XD

Spoiler:
Except it took more like several months :sadshoe:

AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling

Mia Payne

mercurialSK wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
So... I was bored and made this...

Case 5 sprite spoiler:
Spoiler:

This is legit. XD

Spoiler:
Except it took more like several months :sadshoe:

Don't sweat the details! Sweating is gross.

the fire mage

i don't think i would have taken him seriously if he kept that sprite.

Dracarys!

So, progress has been a bit slow lately due to a variety of issues, but I'm just going to announce that I am approximately halfway through the final chapter.

I talked with a programmer friend about the court record bug and he tried to fix it, but he has OSX El Capitan, and confirmed to me my suspicions that Pywright does not work at all on it. He's checking it out on Windows and hopefully I'll be able to give you some good news sometime soon.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
So, progress has been a bit slow lately due to a variety of issues, but I'm just going to announce that I am approximately halfway through the final chapter.

I talked with a programmer friend about the court record bug and he tried to fix it, but he has OSX El Capitan, and confirmed to me my suspicions that Pywright does not work at all on it. He's checking it out on Windows and hopefully I'll be able to give you some good news sometime soon.

Can we just appreciate that there's an OS named "El Capitan"

Also, that really sucks. I hope everything eventually works out, and halfway done? That's pretty dope, take all the time you want.

DWaM should share some of his crack with you so it'll be finished :ron:

I've just registered just for engouraging you to keep on doing this awesome game. I've been a huge fan of ace attorney, and I would do a case if I had time, and knowledge of spriting.

You have done a nice work, I loved the 4 cases and I haven't started the 5th one, because I'm waiting until its finished. One thing, may the problem with the bug in El capitán is python related? I'm a python programmer mainly and I've looking at the pywright, and I think it should be updated and improved, so I may try in the future. We just can't be using an engine that its programmed in python 2.6.

So if you have problems with the engine, I can try to help you. And please, keep on going with this, It's the best fanmade Game so far, and I loved playing it.

Have a nice day!

Dracarys!

Blizdi wrote:
take all the time you want.

Nonsense I want to get it done asap.

I have to beat Cardiovore.

Dracarys!

MrCarri wrote:
I've just registered just for engouraging you to keep on doing this awesome game. I've been a huge fan of ace attorney, and I would do a case if I had time, and knowledge of spriting.

You have done a nice work, I loved the 4 cases and I haven't started the 5th one, because I'm waiting until its finished. One thing, may the problem with the bug in El capitán is python related? I'm a python programmer mainly and I've looking at the pywright, and I think it should be updated and improved, so I may try in the future. We just can't be using an engine that its programmed in python 2.6.

So if you have problems with the engine, I can try to help you. And please, keep on going with this, It's the best fanmade Game so far, and I loved playing it.

Have a nice day!

Hey! We could definitely use some help upgrading Pywright. I would say talk withE.D.Revolution, but he hasn't signed on in a while. If you can help with a very specific bug though it would be a big help.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
Nonsense I want to get it done asap.

Ah, yeah, it's great you wanna get it done quickly, good on you!

I'll get the bat, just point me to his PC.

The bug is when you have to select like 3 different answers and you save, for obvious reasons, it crashes, or its the big one hidden in the spoiler? I can try to debug the code, but only the pywright 0.9880, its the version that has source code avaliable, I can't decompile your .pyc files. Atm I will try with standard one, just for knowing how it works.

have a nice day!

I've really been enjoying playing through the latest case update :phoenix:

It's a really nice case! Thanks for making it

I was wondering if I could get some help for something though, because I'm totally stuck.

Spoiler:
I'm currently up to the first perceive in Unknown, and I thought I had it but I can't seem to get past it...I looked in the walkthrough in the games folder which mentioned the coordinates but I still seem to be stuck :larry: Did anyone else have trouble with this, or are my comprehension skills just shocking this weekend and I'm silly and missed something super obvious :eh?:

Thank you in advance for any help :maya:

Dracarys!

I'd recommend just keep trying with the coordinates that the walkthrough mentions. If you're within range of those coordinates, it should work, and ESPECIALLY if you're right on them. Other people have been able to get through by just clicking on the same place every time, and eventually it will work. For some reason, for this scene, Pywright likes to be really picky and you need almost pixel-perfect accuracy.

Spoiler:
I would suggest clicking directly between his two eyes, without moving to the left or right at all, because that typically works right away for me the first time.

Darth Wiader told me that he might have found what's causing it to be so picky, and it seems to be something that was added/edited in the most recent patch for Pywright. I'll look into it some more later when I have the time, because others have also mentioned that this is an annoying scene to proceed through.

Quote:
Darth Wiader told me that he might have found what's causing it to be so picky, and it seems to be something that was added/edited in the most recent patch for Pywright.

The truth may be a bit more complicated than I initially thought. Check your inbox for the details.

Mia Payne

Darth Wiader wrote:
Quote:
Darth Wiader told me that he might have found what's causing it to be so picky, and it seems to be something that was added/edited in the most recent patch for Pywright.

The truth may be a bit more complicated than I initially thought. Check your inbox for the details.

Darn. That really sucks. My heart goes out to you guys.

Ropfa wrote:
I'd recommend just keep trying with the coordinates that the walkthrough mentions. If you're within range of those coordinates, it should work, and ESPECIALLY if you're right on them. Other people have been able to get through by just clicking on the same place every time, and eventually it will work. For some reason, for this scene, Pywright likes to be really picky and you need almost pixel-perfect accuracy.

Spoiler:
I would suggest clicking directly between his two eyes, without moving to the left or right at all, because that typically works right away for me the first time.

Darth Wiader told me that he might have found what's causing it to be so picky, and it seems to be something that was added/edited in the most recent patch for Pywright. I'll look into it some more later when I have the time, because others have also mentioned that this is an annoying scene to proceed through.

I must be an absolute fail because the coordinates didn't seem to be anywhere near where you suggested clicking :larry: I always was bad at anything geography related...

I'll give it another try tomorrow though; thanks :pearl:

Dracarys!

First off, I just want to say that T-Unknown is VERY close to being fully playable. There are just two more testimonies to write, and then the finale that comes after that. Please note that this does not take into account time that will need to be spent beta testing, and that may take longer to do than actually writing the game. Nevertheless, if I had one good week of free time, I'd probably be able to get things to a beta-testing stage. Unfortunately, said week doesn't seem to be likely anytime soon, as I've been applying for a bunch of new jobs and that's eating up all of my time and sanity. (Seriously... 3-5 years of experience for a freaking internship? Who comes up with these things?!) I don't want to make any estimates on a final release date, because whenever I do that, I end up overshooting my target by at least a month.

One more important announcement to make...

THE COURT RECORD BUG IS OFFICIALLY FIXED!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

Thanks to my friend Nexuapex, this nasty bug is firmly dead, at least from what I can tell. I tested the conditions we'd already found and can confirm that the new Pywright core file works without issue. I will upload the new folder once I can get confirmation from at least one tester that the bug is also gone on their end (just want to be extra sure).

Cool! Glad to know that bug is finally fixed. And only two testimonies left?! Man, I can't believe this game is so close to being completed. I can't wait to find out if that final witness is who I suspect it's going to be...
Signature loading, please wait...

*wonk*

IT'S HAPPENING GUYS

MISTER ROPFA IS GONNA WIN
yes

Turnabout RPG Developer

Wahoo, can't wait! It's been a long time coming but the end is in sight!

Mia Payne

YEAH, THAT PLAN TO KILL CARDIOVORE W- I mean, congratz ropfa, I can't wait to help test it:)

I think I will cry when it finally comes out.

Mia Payne

MrCarri wrote:
I think I will cry when it finally comes out.

I'm already crying. :acro: :acro: :acro: :acro: :acro: :acro: :acro:

Apollon Flame

Spoiler: M A S S I V E CoI Spoilers
I'm on the crew that thinks that Jameson faked his death. I mean, he's on the fangame's boxart, so that means he's pretty important. I doubt a very important character could be just killed off in the fifth , and final case without even having a much more broader role than he has had for the last three cases. And I suspect Obidaiah(?) knows Jimmy faked his death. Obadiah doesn't seem like the type of prosecutor to stop investigating a case just because his former subordinate was one of the two victims of the case he took. Maybe he found something on the corpse that tipped him off. Mendirez is a mob boss. It wouldn't be hard for him to fake his death. Or hell, make a very convincing body double.

And I doubt Ropfa is going to pull an Atlus with Persona 3 and 4 and make the goofiest character (Dreisan) Mendirez. xD

There's also Hood. He's a pretty shady character. But maybe he's there to tail us off the wild Mendirez chase.

I would say Watters, but that's a stretch.

A King

in name

alone...

Last edited by Scent on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Payne

Scent wrote:
Spoiler: M A S S I V E CoC Spoilers
I'm on the crew that thinks that Jameson faked his death. I mean, he's on the fangame's boxart, so that means he's pretty important. I doubt a very important character could be just killed off in the fifth , and final case without even having a much more broader role than he has had for the last three cases. And I suspect Obidaiah(?) knows Jimmy faked his death. Obadiah doesn't seem like the type of prosecutor to stop investigating a case just because his former subordinate was one of the two victims of the case he took. Maybe he found something on the corpse that tipped him off. Mendirez is a mob boss. It wouldn't be hard for him to fake his death. Or hell, make a very convincing body double.

And I doubt Ropfa is going to pull an Atlus with Persona 3 and 4 and make the goofiest character (Dreisan) Mendirez. xD

There's also Hood. He's a pretty shady character. But maybe he's there to tail us off the wild Mendirez chase.

It was obviously Frank Sahwit, he got let out for good behavior and sold newspapers to the victim.

Apollon Flame

Blizdi wrote:
Scent wrote:
Spoiler: M A S S I V E CoC Spoilers

It was obviously Frank Sahwit, he got let out for good behavior and sold newspapers to the victim.

He wouldn't pay for his newspaper subscription, so Sahwit went all... Hithit! /badumtss :basil:
A King

in name

alone...

Oh look, a ladder!

Spoiler: CoI spoilers!!!
Yeah, I really think Watters is the one who did it. As it stands right now, by process of elimination, it comes to him.

My memory of the game isn't amazing. (I need to replay it at some point to jog it) Iirc, whoever killed Cody has easy access coming in and out of the police station, was close with Gladys and got her to open that door without fuss, then promptly murdered her and before had signed papers to be released from witness protection, among other things. The only person who is and can do all of the above is Watters.

*Insert witty signature here*

Turnabout RPG Developer

Insanity Brit wrote:
Spoiler: CoI spoilers!!!
Yeah, I really think Watters is the one who did it. As it stands right now, by process of elimination, it comes to him.

My memory of the game isn't amazing. (I need to replay it at some point to jog it) Iirc, whoever killed Cody has easy access coming in and out of the police station, was close with Gladys and got her to open that door without fuss, then promptly murdered her and before had signed papers to be released from witness protection, among other things. The only person who is and can do all of the above is Watters.

Spoiler:
What you're saying makes a lot of sense, that's for sure. But what I get hung up on is, shouldn't Oby already know what Merendez (sp?) looks like from the past court case? Granted, we don't play it and get to see the man himself so maybe he doesn't see Merendez for some reason, but I don't get the feeling that we're supposed to be seeing a friend turn out to be evil or anything like that.

Maybe we will though. It'd certainly be an interesting development! Can't wait to see how it goes.

Apollon Flame

Spoiler: CoI spoilers
Has it ever been confirmed in-game that Francisco Mendirez is a character we haven't seen personally? If that, then it's possible Mendirez is actually someone we've interacted with in the past. Otherwise, he would be an unintroduced character.

A King

in name

alone...

Mia Payne

Scent wrote:
Has it ever been confirmed in-game that Francisco Mendirez is a character we haven't seen personally? If that, then it's possible Mendirez is actually someone we've interacted with in the past. Otherwise, he would be an unintroduced character.

Spoiler:
I doubt think ropfa would ever do that, it seems Acro levels of bull. But you never know, he COULD make it work.

Apollon Flame

Blizdi wrote:
Scent wrote:

Spoiler:
I doubt think ropfa would ever do that, it seems Acro levels of bull. But you never know, he COULD make it work.

Then it could be anyone. Even... C H A R L I E the potted plant!! :udgey:

...but in all seriousness, every time I get a notification from this thread, I think it's Ropfa telling us that he's finished, haha.
A King

in name

alone...

Mia Payne

Scent wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Scent wrote:

Spoiler:

Then it could be anyone. Even... C H A R L I E the potted plant!! :udgey:

...but in all seriousness, every time I get a notification from this thread, I think it's Ropfa telling us that he's finished, haha.

As a beta tester, every time I get a private message I assume it's ropfa telling me the final beta is ready to test, hah

Apollon Flame

Blizdi wrote:
As a beta tester, every time I get a private message I assume it's ropfa telling me the final beta is ready to test, hah

lol but I can't imagine the wait some of you have experience. I've only recently joined the "CoI hype train" ride, and it's almost over, haha.
A King

in name

alone...

Mia Payne

Scent wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

lol but I can't imagine the wait some of you have experience. I've only recently joined the "CoI hype train" ride, and it's almost over, haha.

i was here from day one, i only recently created my CR account

My first fan game was Turnabout Substitution and I loved it. I wanted to know if there were any others worth checking out and two names stuck out to me. Contempt of Court, and this game. I played this game first and was completely blown away. The setting itself was a great idea and I really liked quite a few of the characters. The story is intriguing and I can never get enough of it. I practically binged this game within 3-4 days because of the story. That's rare for me these days due to how busy I've become over the years. The music though...the music was my favorite aspect without a doubt. Every song was expertly picked out and timed within the game. Every. Single. One.
Spoiler:
Do you know how giddy I was when I heard songs from 999 and Ghost Trick? I was jumping for joy. Layton, Castlevania, even Puyo Pop! It's been ages since I've heard that particular Puyo Pop song.

Not to mention I was going through a bit of a rough patch while playing it, so the effect on me doubled.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing the final part to this game. :edgey:
Don't mind me, just passing through.

Quote:
First off, I just want to say that T-Unknown is VERY close to being fully playable. There are just two more testimonies to write, and then the finale that comes after that. Please note that this does not take into account time that will need to be spent beta testing, and that may take longer to do than actually writing the game. Nevertheless, if I had one good week of free time, I'd probably be able to get things to a beta-testing stage. Unfortunately, said week doesn't seem to be likely anytime soon, as I've been applying for a bunch of new jobs and that's eating up all of my time and sanity. (Seriously... 3-5 years of experience for a freaking internship? Who comes up with these things?!) I don't want to make any estimates on a final release date, because whenever I do that, I end up overshooting my target by at least a month.

So, how are things going on at the moment?

Mia Payne

Yeah man, how are things?

Dracarys!

Eh heh... Yeah, I wrote that over a month ago, didn't I? :oops:

I was just on vacation and had a chance to write some more. Most of the artwork is done too, apart from the animation for the final breakdown. But really, the game hasn't progressed TOO much since the last time I gave an update, which is why I haven't made a new one.

Life's just been really stressful and busy lately, trying to find a new job for the fall and saving up money for the case where I don't get one by then, and I have more important things on my plate to deal with. It's really been taking a toll on my morale.

I really want to get the game finished within the next few months. If I were to get back in the mood, I could do that really quickly, but once I've spent a few weeks not working on it, it gets harder to be motivated. I wrote a few short scenes after reading ParrotMan's post in here. It always helps for the motivation when I see that people enjoy my work.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
Eh heh... Yeah, I wrote that over a month ago, didn't I? :oops:

I was just on vacation and had a chance to write some more. Most of the artwork is done too, apart from the animation for the final breakdown. But really, the game hasn't progressed TOO much since the last time I gave an update, which is why I haven't made a new one.

Life's just been really stressful and busy lately, trying to find a new job for the fall and saving up money for the case where I don't get one by then, and I have more important things on my plate to deal with. It's really been taking a toll on my morale.

I really want to get the game finished within the next few months. If I were to get back in the mood, I could do that really quickly, but once I've spent a few weeks not working on it, it gets harder to be motivated. I wrote a few short scenes after reading ParrotMan's post in here. It always helps for the motivation when I see that people enjoy my work.

Baby, you can do it. We support you, until you finish the game then release it, and we drop you like an apple full of maggots <3

(and i converted those maggots into pngs)

Ropfa wrote:

Just made an account to say this is my all-time favorite fan case and I'm looking forward to its completion! You're really skilled at this!
Page 18 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games