Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 4 of 30[ 1170 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next
 


Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Laurens wrote:
-In my case all of the new profile's don't have a picture.


That's... really weird. That's never happened to me before and none of my beta-testers mentioned it. What version of Pywright are you using? Did you perhaps do anything with the game's coding? Has anybody else ever experienced this?

Laurens wrote:
-In the walkthrough you skipped a thing after present webb's profile picture.


What section of the game was this in?

Laurens wrote:
-I can't inspect the new gained evidence in detail.


Again, this sounds really weird to me, since I've never encountered it. But it's definitely a big bug, since you need some of those detail zooms to solve a few of the contradictions. Could you PM me the contents of your intro.txt and evidence.txt files?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Just discussed Laurens' problems over PM. Apparently, the issue was replacing the intro file and then resuming the game from the same file left over from the first half.

So for anybody else who has this happen: After replacing the intro.txt file, you should start a new game. The new intro file instantly takes you to the beginning of the investigation, so you won't have to worry about that. Trying to resume the old file will create the bugs with the evidence.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Only one truth, and I will explode it.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Posts: 24

Anyone know how to break the 4 question "Second Hacker" I got stuck in that part...
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

There is a walkthrough in the main Conflict of Interest folder.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

I just put out a small update for TOTW. The link in the first post has been changed. It really wasn't that much, but I figured I'd mention it.

Stuff that's changed:

-Fixed the bug in the PM menu that causes the game to crash
-Added a line in the walkthrough specifying you need to click on the site logo to return to the main menu
-Gave a new present option to Togamera
-Changed a few pixels on Miss Mask's mask. It wasn't too much, but it gives a more rounded effect to the eyes.
-Edited a few of the music files so that they're smaller. I knocked about nine megabytes off the total file size.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

The following contains information about the recent announcement on GS5. If you're trying to avoid news about the game, skip this entire post.

Spoiler:
So, after the announcement at Famitsu, it looks like there may or may not be some significant changes in a certain antenna-haired attorney. While Apollo doesn't show up in Conflict of Interest (in person, at least), comments made by other characters would suggest that the status quo has not changed and he is still working with Phoenix. To avoid this potential discrepancy, I'm going to slightly retcon the series by expanding on a theory I saw somebody make on Youtube.

Sometime between T&T and this game, Maya was involved with a freak magatama-related time-travelling accident. This created an alternate timeline (similar to the multiple timelines thing from the Zelda series). One involves the canon series, while the other timeline involves Conflict of Interest. This also explains why Maya hasn't aged at all.


In short, Maya can time travel... And is apparently immortal as a result.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Posts: 29

Just finished the first bit

Spoiler:
where Cody... you know, O-M-G! :beef: Things are getting real dark and interesting now. Was stuck for ages because I hadn't unlocked Stranger2Love's profile, but on the right track now.



I have to say this is my favourite of all the fan games that I have played.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Chum wrote:
I have to say this is my favourite of all the fan games that I have played.


Image
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Posts: 29

Ropfa wrote:
Image



...So far.

:p
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Okay, A Turnabout Is Worth a Thousand Words is getting pretty close to finished. Depending on how much I procrastinate, it might be another week or two before I call for beta-testers.

In the meantime, I've made a few updates to a few things and I'd like an opinion that isn't my own.

Spoiler: Virgil Black
Image

There's a bit more anti-aliasing around his shoulders and neck, but the main change has been to the eyes. I tried de-Acrotizing him a bit. Basically what I want to know is would this be a good change or did the old eyes suit him better? I'm kind of on the fence with it myself. Old versions on left and new ones on right.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Posts: 29

Though you're right about the new ones looking less like Acro, I personally think the old ones suit him more. The new one looks too baby faced and innocent (in my opinion).
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

*Ching! Chingeling-ching!*

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Posts: 21

I agree with Chum, though it is a good thing to make him less Acro-like, he shouldn't become too innocent.
Spoiler:
And the bottom left one suits his DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE more. Is this even a spoiler?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am

Posts: 16

I totally agree with them. He looks like he's going to steal your candy in the second and that doesn't suit his character.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Posts: 2

Having a bit of an issue here, if you could call it that.

Spoiler:
At the point where you have to present Stranger2Loves profile to mister Weaboo Simms, I can't find the profile and have no way of breaking the final psyche lock...any suggestions?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Knell wrote:
Having a bit of an issue here, if you could call it that.

Spoiler:
At the point where you have to present Stranger2Loves profile to mister Weaboo Simms, I can't find the profile and have no way of breaking the final psyche lock...any suggestions?



Spoiler:
If you completed everything online, you should have the profile. The best order to do things in would be this:

1) Examine the private messages
2) Talk to UrsaMajor777
3) Talk to Stranger2Love (it's short enough that UM777's timer will still be running)
4) Wait a bit until UM777's timer runs out so that you aren't interrupted mid-conversation
5) Talk to Salmonella
6) Present the IP log to Salmonella and activate the resulting talk options
7) Talk to Wocki

After all that, Stranger2Love will contact you and you'll get his profile.

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Posts: 2

Well then..that's a problem.

Spoiler:
See, I've done most of that, but I can't get back online. It says {No need to use that right now} So I can't go and get the profile =/
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Spoiler:
Hmm... The only times that should be true are:
1) Between the first chapter end and hacking into the account.
2) After doing all the things mentioned in my previous post.

Do you remember being confronted by S2L at all? Or was that whole thing skipped? You say you did "most" of the stuff I listed. Was there anything you didn't do? Because if you're getting that message without having completed it all, then it's a bug.

If you never got a message from Stranger2Love, then please PM me a list of everything you did online, in chronological order.

Things that should trigger the conversation with S2L:
1) Talking to Wocky
2) Talking to Stranger2Love
3) Talking to UrsaMajor
4) Talking to Salmonella and presenting the IP log to her
5) Checking the PM menu

Also, are you looking in the profiles section or the evidence? Because he's counted as a person. The game doesn't notify you when you get it, since it's a profile.

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

A Turnabout Is Worth a Thousand Words will likely be ready sometime soon, so I'm going to be opening sign-ups for beta-testing. Three sounds like a good number.

Position 1: JoekerTrack
Position 2: Outbreak95
Position 3: Laurens


Last edited by Ropfa on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The world ends with you

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Posts: 184

I'm up for b-t.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

§

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 am

Posts: 36

I'm also up for beta testing.
We do what we must because we can.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am

Posts: 16

I'd like to volunteer too!
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:59 am

Posts: 4

Hello. I had just downloaded this a couple days ago through the pywright application itself and I can't progress any further.

Spoiler:
After I am presented with two psyche locks from Sarah Keyes (from presenting Mr. Rivales' profile), I go to the penthouse, which changes to a night time setting. For some reason I can't move anywhere else now. Whenever I click on 'reception' on the 'move' menu it just sends me back to the penthouse. In addition, the crime scene is reset as if I had never spoken with detective Watters before, and I lose to option to talk to him about Gumshoe.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Spoiler:
Show Sir Gallante's profile to Watters.

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

One coin. Two Perspectives

Gender: Male

Location: Earth

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:40 am

Posts: 4

I'm up for beta testing :D
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

One coin. Two Perspectives

Gender: Male

Location: Earth

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:40 am

Posts: 4

I'm up for beta testing :D
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Sorry, but I already have all the beta-testers I'll need for this case.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:59 am

Posts: 4

Thank you for replying. I thought the game was bugged or something.

Umm I got another problem. I kinda replaced the intro.txt file in the turnabout on the web folder hoping to skip what I already saw (which was the incomplete version I downloaded from the pywright app). Unfortunately I thought it would skip me through the rogue turnabout, and now I'm trying to start a new game on turnabout on the web and it skips me ahead to a point I shouldn't be (2nd investigation?). Would deleting the intro.txt file work?

Yea I'm new to this
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Dreamfighter wrote:
Thank you for replying. I thought the game was bugged or something.

Umm I got another problem. I kinda replaced the intro.txt file in the turnabout on the web folder hoping to skip what I already saw (which was the incomplete version I downloaded from the pywright app). Unfortunately I thought it would skip me through the rogue turnabout, and now I'm trying to start a new game on turnabout on the web and it skips me ahead to a point I shouldn't be (2nd investigation?). Would deleting the intro.txt file work?

Yea I'm new to this



Oh? Well, actually I think there's a few issues here:

1) The version of Rogue Turnabout you're able to download directly from Pywright is not complete. It's only (if I recall correctly) the first half or so of it. So you haven't finished that case yet. It will be up to Saluk to update this to its current form, but until then, the one on Mediafire is the only complete version available.

2) The Rogue Turnabout and Turnabout on the Web are two separate cases with their own subfolders and separate coding. So the intro file in one subfolder should not be affected by the intro file in the other. The intro.txt I have listed in this topic allows the player to skip to the second half of TOTW, as I released the case in two sections.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:59 am

Posts: 4

Umm what I mean is, I finished the Rogue Turnabout. Now when I start a new game for TOTW, it skips me to the 2nd investigation or something. I shouldn't have replaced the intro.txt file with the one you had posted. I want to start at the beginning but it won't let me.

Edit: ah fuck it I'll just download it again and restore the original intro.txt file.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:23 am

Posts: 281

I'm a little confused as to some of the reasoning behind the first case. The main one being...

Spoiler:
In the second day of the first case, Watters (when you're trying to prove he's Gallante) claims he wasn't at the crime scene when the crime occurred. After showing him that his gun had been held by Rivales (his fingerprints were on it), he claims that he is not the murderer, and his reasoning seems to follow thusly:

He (Watters) had visited Rivales' office before and Rivales had held his gun then. Since you can't prove exactly when in the past few days the fingerprints got on the gun, you can't say for sure that it was at the crime scene.

Why aren't the camera and the gun itself acceptable pieces of evidence for disproving this claim? The camera was running 24/7 save for when the blackout occurred, so the footage of the camera would be a viable way to check his alibi. If there was footage of him going up to the office in the past few days, then his alibi would check out. If not, then the only time he could have gone to the office was during the blackout, so his gun could only have been held then.

And the gun seems like it should explain itself, but the gun was tossed out of the window at around 6:15 (or whenever Gumshoe got hit). That should more than prove that Watters was there during the crime, as his gun was knocked out of the window during that time frame.


Ah well. Outside of a couple things here and there, it's a well done first case. I'm a bit confused as to Phoenix's personality, though. After AJ Phoenix was incredibly calm, collected, sure of himself, and almost indifferent, this game's Phoenix (a year later) seems like he's even less sure of himself and less collected than T&T's Phoenix was. Just a bid of an oddity.

Nevertheless, it's still one of the better fan made cases I've played. I'll get around to the second soon. KUTGW.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Okay, everybody. I know some people have asked for new sprites for Maya and I think it's finally time to unveil her new form. I've been working on this the past few days and I think it's definitely a big improvement. So, please, meet your new Master of Kurain...

Old version on the left, new version on the right.

Spoiler:
Image

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am

Posts: 16

She looks like a ninja!
I like the sprite in general but not for maya for her I think some more spiritual clothing but not the acolyte's type.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

One coin. Two Perspectives

Gender: Male

Location: Earth

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:40 am

Posts: 4

I got to say played episode One and Two and it was fantastic... to bad I missed the beta but I can't wait for the third installment to come out. Keep up the good work. :D (Also my thoughts on the new Maya... SHES A NINJA?????) :?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Posts: 319

Ropfa wrote:
meet your new Master of Kurain...


Ehm... Ropfa, please tell me it was an April Fool's joke. :moe:
Image
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Yeah, it was a joke.

Spoiler:
The image isn't well put together enough for me to actually put into the game.


Spoiler:
But I still believe in my heart that Maya is secretly a ninja.

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Okay, update:

A Turnabout Is Worth a Thousand Words has been in beta-testing for a few weeks. Right now, I'm just waiting on full responses from some of the beta-testers and a few pieces of artwork from Deviantart. I would assume it would be ready sometime soon.


As for the final two cases, Turnabout Consequences and Turnabout into the Unknown...

These are going to be finished at roughly the same time. Their plots are very intertwined, with Turnabout into the Unknown bringing the stories of the four main cases all together in one big convoluted mess grand finale. Basically, I want to make sure that the entire series fits well together and there isn't anything I've left unresolved. So, these two cases are going to be written and worked on simultaneously. They're already pretty much all planned out, I just need to put those thoughts into words. So far there's about 95 pages written on TConsequences and maybe 70 on TitU. As with the first two cases, they're both going to be really long. From the looks of it, TConsequences will probably be around the same length as the first two. The final case will probably end up being about 1.5-2 times as long as Rogue Turnabout was. :udgy:

I can't say how long it will take... But I'm probably going to be much more busy with real life from now on, since I have a full time job and am looking into grad school courses. It will be a while before this is completed. It's very likely that I'll release the first chapter or chapters of TConsequences early. After that, there'll be a bit of a wait until its final half and TiTU are released. Before then, there'll probably be another minor update with some updated artwork and interface stuff.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

One coin. Two Perspectives

Gender: Male

Location: Earth

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:40 am

Posts: 4

Can't wait man :D. ( Side question: have you worked on other projects beside PW) :udgy:
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Lonewolfeslayer wrote:
( Side question: have you worked on other projects beside PW) :udgy:


Nah, just this. I wrote a few short stories in college and some Star Wars fan fiction in middle school, but nothing that ever got put online or published.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1220

Artwork from Deviantart just came in. I'm going to discuss a few things with my beta-testers, run through the case again, and then hopefully I can get A Turnabout Is Worth A Thousand Words out later this week.

In the meantime, here's these:

Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (Two cases complete!!!)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Posts: 2

I've really been enjoying this trial series, which I found through Fuandon's LP of the first case. Look forward to the upcoming release of Case 3!
Page 4 of 30 [ 1170 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO