- I think you used the wrong sound effect on the "DEATH!" part.
- While I'm pretty sure the prologue isn't really connected to the crime I don't mind it. As long as the case is connected to what's to come and has some connection to the future plot, it's not really a bad thing.
- What? No character intro? Also, correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this Puzzle's first case? If so, how can he call on that "gulliable judges"?
- GYAAAAARH!!! I-It's Edgeworth!! ...Way to pop out of nowhere...
- Whoa, calm down, Puzzles. Geez, you a fanboi or something?
- By the way, I'm assuming that Phoenix is Puzzle's mentor, right? While it's easy to understand; it's not... clear enough. It's just thrown in there.
- Also, Edgeworth's appearance seems kind of.... random-ish. I don't know, the reason he's here is... not really explained.
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ...I don't get it.
- Way to be harsh.
- ....Way to be a douchebag, too.
- Seriously? You're just going to go from a confident dick to a guy scared of Edgeworth? Something... just doesn't fit.
- Why not just put a bench in front of Larry? It's a still sprite, after all, no talking, so you actually don't even need him to blink. BTW, AA flashbacks are gray (exception being 3-4).
- Edgey, no! Don't be emo! ...By the way, why are you emo?
- Edgeworth doesn't hate Larry. Why must you point it out, then?
- I'm really not understanding Puzzle's personality here....
- By the way, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CRIME. The point of the 1st case lobby sequences is to get introduced to the characters, get info on the crime and THEN ENTER. So far, not even the characters have been introduced properly!
- Also, is it just me, or is Gummy just thrown in there at random? O_o
- I, er, think you forgot to put the judge in that court overview frame.
- He... kind of noticed Edgeworth pretty fast, didn't he?
- D to the I to the C to the K!
- OH COME ON! You know, I wouldn't have a problem with this so much if you explained WHY he's a douchebag. ...Wait a minute! We never actually found out anything about Puzzles, did we now?
- He never said he wasn't prepared. ...Or did he? I'm not sure....
- The day Edgewoth would say 'grumpiness' is the day the world ends. ...Oh, Christ. *Suddenly dies*
- The Judge REALLY wants to find Gumshoe guilty, doesn't he?
- 'Super' ready, eh? .... Well, SURE!
- Why is 'Zero' capitalized? Also, how is this relevant? Also, can the prosecution really do this? Just pop out, stop the proceedings and say: 'Let meh ask youz a puzzle!' Also,....
- 'Fateful day', eh? While it does offer an explanation... when we know nothing about the main character.... this is really the best we'll get, isn't it?
- Also, what kind of change can cause a man to stop time every time he hears a puzzle? Just asking.
- Worst. Defense. Ever.
- Oh, hey, it's.... Who is that? (I should really watch some more anime, shouldn't I?
- So this is the 'crossover'? Well, I'm curious to see just how much of a relevance is he...
- The judge just turns a blind eye to all the insults and just skips to the testimony? Why, of course!
- Do you have super-hearing powers, or something? I mean -- think about it! If he was just 'walking home' it wouldn't be through a coliseum! Following that logic, how could he have heard two people talking in a SMALL PART OF IT?! ...We should REALLY get a floorplan. I don't care if it's used or not, just to find out WHERE he was standing would be a purpose enough.
- Oh, yet again, the Judge just IGNORES the fact that the witness left a man TO DIE. Great judgin' there, buddy!
- The background doesn't change when Edgey comes up. Or wait... DID HE CHANGE SIDES?! TRAITOR!
- There's not C-E 'Whoooosh' sound effect.
- 'A bluff' isn't really a good choice of words because this IS a fair contradiction. Also, I think you're pulling out the 'Suspense' music a bit too soon.
- How do you miss a man at point-blank range?
- Again, no Edgey BG.
- NOW you point it out?
- There's no need for that 'Stay focused, Enigma' remark.
- Also, there's no need for the life bar to be flashing.
- The music suddenly stops after I get to the helper convo and then never resumes.
- Calm down, Payne, jeez. He's losing his cool a bit too fast, in my opinion. After all, Puzzles didn't even explain the contradiction. Also, I'm starting to think the word 'bluff' isn't used correctly in this kind of situation.
- Why do I have to explain something I already figured out already?
- ...But if the first gunshot was fired by someone else, your entire case falls apart, dumbass. After all BOTH SHOTS WERE FIRED FROM GUMSHOE'S GUN!
- I think Spark is... introduced kind of randomly.
- How did we go from 'Detective Gumshoe' and 'pulled the trigger again' to something off about him?
- Why is Edgeworth shocked!? This is good for him!
- "I still don't really know anything about the case!" -> You and me both, Enigma. Also, is it just me, or is he stopped being a douche?
- ...I spoke too soon, it seems.
- I forgot to mention this, but why is Gummy in his old coat?
- 'Perpertrait'? The fudge?
- Alright, his personallity is now REALLY inconsistent.
- Yay! Kid! Wait... why is everyone excited? I thought only teen girls were after Kid?
- Oldbag is... kind of random, don't you think. Also, if it's Kid in disguise, it's not really pulled off well.
- That's... just random.
- Why isn't Kid escaping?! What is wrong with you?! GO GO! I've got the truck set up and... You're not coming, are you?
- The Conan refrence is... not really pulled off well. It's also just a bit cheesy. Also, what is his connection to Phoenix, anyway?
- Did I just hear a 'Take That' somewhere?
- OH COME ON! How did you NOT notice that?! Kid is in the defense's chair for crying out loud!
- The objection isn't epic enough, to be honest.
- Why is the life bar still flashing?
- 'Really?Would'... Must I go on?
- Well, actually I'm not surprised that he got away clean.
- This present is... right? Seriously?
- Y'know, if I had a FLOORPLAN, than this entire contradiction could've been clearer! ...But I'm glad that Kid at least has a brain. By the way, am I the only one afraid that Kid is the actual culprit?
- Puzzle's background is wrong when presenting the evidence thingy.
- Yet again, the life bar doesn't stop flashing.
- But both bullets were fired from THE SAME GUN! This... this makes no sense!
- Kaito Kid is also not a murderer! He would escape before he would strike back! He would've knocked him out or something!
- The blue text is missing the '()'
- The nametag should be 'Phoenix' not 'Wright'
As you might imagine, I didn't like it. The crime wasn't explained very well, it was not interesting, and I wasn't really intrigued for it. The cameos were forced on and weren't actually connected. Kaito's breakdown was sloppy, it was wrong, most of all (because Kaito Kid is a thief, not a killer). His personality is also a bit off. Now, I have no idea who this other guy so I can't comment. Another thing I forgot to mention, the puzzle was thrown in to show off, obviously, simply because it never actually made sense in the context. Who is Spark? We were never properly introduced to him, and most likely never will be.
Now, finally - Puzzles. I'm going to be honest: I have nothing against the fact that he's a dick. It's fun, it's creative, it's interesting - BUT! Here's the problem: You didn't do it right. I'm going to make small comparison to House here. He's a likeable character. Why? Because he's a 'dick' in a form that he makes fun of people's senseless actions and (to him) stupid ways of thinking. He exploits that to break them down. Puzzles, on the other hand, just plain out insults Gumshoe for no reason, but DOESN'T do it to anyone else. Wouldn't it make more sense if he was a dick to Payne? Wouldn't that be somewhat interesting to see? I don't know, I think I'm digging to deep here.
By the way, his past was never explained. I only mention this now, because I have a feeling you're going to explain it later on in the series.
The only saving graces here are the music and the sprites. But that's as far as it goes.
[3/10] [Not Recommended]