Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Blockjection! Playable PW:AA in Minecraft project.Topic%20Title

Hello, everyone!
I've been a big fan of Ace Attorney games for a while now, but haven't contributed to the fandom at all. In fact, this is my first post on the forums!
Well, that's about to change. I present to you, the first two scenes of "The First Turnabout", complete with sound effects, music, coloured dialogue, characters and scripted events!
Here's a video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdizN23thhU

What I have:
[*]Minecraft-themed Ace Attorney music! (with note block sounds)
[*]A stable dialogue engine, trying to be as close to the real thing as is possible in minecraft.
[*]A fancy program that allows me to auto-convert dialogue from the game into my dialogue engine, meaning no having to type each line manually, meaning I have more time to focus on other stuff!
[*]A custom resource pack that adds AA-themed GUIs, sound effects,evidence, and characters from the first case.
[*]Experience with minecraft's command blocks and redstone (the game elements that make this possible), allowing for a pretty realistic replica.

What I lack or need:
[*]I have little artistic skill. I'm quite happy with how my Mia texture looked, but I know it's worthless compared to the amazing talents of the rest of the community. If you want to help with textures, contact me.
[*]I could also use some help with AA Music. I can take music in MIDI format to be converted to note blocks. Note blocks have some limitations however, and conversion is never perfect, so it would be even better if it were made in "Note Block Studio". I have some songs, but not all. As you can see in the first video, I lack the first 2 songs in the game, though I had no problem finding "cornered" or "objection" themes.

I hope you like it so far, tell me what you think!

(To moderators: I'm not quite sure if this is in the correct section. It's sort of a fan-game, but this category seems to be about original cases)
Re: Blockjection! Playable PW:AA in Minecraft project.Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

I watched the video, I enjoyed it

You should try to recreate the WHOLE game

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Blizdi wrote:

Don't forget JFA and T&T!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Blizdi wrote:

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Don't forget JFA and T&T!

I'm going to start with the simple case, there's a lot of elements in other cases that would be very difficult to implement in minecraft. Once that's finished and works, I'll consider the next case.
One of the bigger limitations is getting the characters to work. Here's a quick explanation of how my planned character system will work:

Spoiler: explanation of my planned emotion system
First, know that "resource packs" i minecraft allow you to change the textures of almost everything, including monsters and armour. Also know it's possible to generate monsters wearing armour.

So, the plan is to retexture skeletons,wither skeletons,zombies and zombie pigmen into 4 generic human textures which are happy, sad, surprised and normal. Those 4 monsters are chosen since they look the most human-like.

Next, armour is re-textured to look like characters. For example, diamond armour would look like Phoenix Wright's suit.

Finally, to create characters with different emotions, the monster corresponding to the desired emotion would be created wearing the armour of the character it's supposed to be. Makes sense, right? Unfortunately, there's only 5 types of armour in the game, only 4 are useful due to technical issues relating to leather armour. So, only main characters, or characters that really need it, can have emotions. The rest will be re-textured villagers, as shown in the video.

So, if you know a little about minecraft textures, could someone make the 4 human textures? I already have the armour for Phoenix and Payne, though I believe Sahwit will need armour too. It would be greatly appreciated!
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games