Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

A functional gif2strip program/website?Topic%20Title

Lately, I've been in need of a gif2strip program for making cases. I tried to use the one for PyWright, but I kept running into the same error repeatedly.

Spoiler: Error Message

I've tried searching for other sites, but I run into problems with file sizes since a lot of what I want to convert into strips have high frame counts. Or, I'll encounter errors that refuse to provide an error message, so I can't fix whatever I'm doing wrong. The site will just reject the link no matter what it is.

If you can, post gif2strip programs/websites you use here for other content creators who have the same problem I do. It's becoming quite a chore since both PyWright and PWLib require png strips.
Re: A functional gif2strip program/website?Topic%20Title

Totally-Not-Miley Omelia Tigre

Well, I've found this to be helpful in turning gifs into png strips that you can then download and place in your character's port folder. It CAN be a bit tedious though, as you'd need to make the corresponding animation *.txt file for it to really loop right. This site does tell you the amount of frames a gif has after its been converted, but other than it being a horizontal strip I find it to be quite good. Another drawback is that you need a link to the gif you want converted, but imgur is pretty easily accessible for these kinds of things.

Alternatively, you could download the gif2strip code from the actual site and see if there's any results. If I knew how to load up python scripts in HTML I'd easily put it on something cheap like geocities for people's convenience.
*insert weird signature here*

Fellowzdoomer wrote:
Well, I've found this to be helpful in turning gifs into png strips that you can then download and place in your character's port folder. It CAN be a bit tedious though, as you'd need to make the corresponding animation *.txt file for it to really loop right. This site does tell you the amount of frames a gif has after its been converted, but other than it being a horizontal strip I find it to be quite good. Another drawback is that you need a link to the gif you want converted, but imgur is pretty easily accessible for these kinds of things.

Alternatively, you could download the gif2strip code from the actual site and see if there's any results. If I knew how to load up python scripts in HTML I'd easily put it on something cheap like geocities for people's convenience.

Thanks for the help, there are a few issues, though.

The site you sent is what I've been trying to use for a while, but it keeps preventing me from entering in imgur links. No matter what the animation is, whether it have 3 frames or 200 frames, it does not return a result and the link just goes red.

As for the gif2strip code, I've actually been using that myself. It's what produced the error in the OP.

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

I had made a small script on AIGE for PWLib that generated strips from gifs (and even AIGE Animation Code). I can see if that still works if you still need to convert gifs to strips.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games