Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 4 of 4[ 133 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Ace Attorney Generations/新逆転裁判Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

To save some time, I've asked my friend to voice Clay for me! You can check out his YouTube channel, "Enochs Film", or just click this.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

is a five star man.

OK, I;m going to be honest here. I've been viewing this with great interest, because you clearly have ambition and some great ideas. BUT you need to slow down. Planning cases 5 and onwards is fine, but only very roughly - you shouldn't be even talking about them here until you've completed case 1. Also, when you plan cases, try and think of an interesting idea for a mystery, rather than a location. Taking Case 3-3 as an example - it's set in a silly French restaurant, but when it boils down to it, it's a case about loan sharks and money as a motive for murder - that's what you need to be thinking about first when you plan cases.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I'm liking what I see so far, but I'd prefer to not see anything for a while, and then suddenly something very concrete. Good luck!
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Toatali wrote:
OK, I;m going to be honest here. I've been viewing this with great interest, because you clearly have ambition and some great ideas. BUT you need to slow down. Planning cases 5 and onwards is fine, but only very roughly - you shouldn't be even talking about them here until you've completed case 1. Also, when you plan cases, try and think of an interesting idea for a mystery, rather than a location. Taking Case 3-3 as an example - it's set in a silly French restaurant, but when it boils down to it, it's a case about loan sharks and money as a motive for murder - that's what you need to be thinking about first when you plan cases.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I'm liking what I see so far, but I'd prefer to not see anything for a while, and then suddenly something very concrete. Good luck!

Tried to advise the same thing myself, my friend, but I'm not sure if any attention was paid to it.

Probably best to just leave him to it.
Sig.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

For those wondering why this was in development hell, I had just reached a decision: I'm only going to make this a two-game franchise instead of a three game franchise. Percy's game will not happen. As such, it will be easier for me to develop ideas. I've decided to slow down a bit, and instead of rapidly coming up with case ideas, I've decided to focus on characters (No backstories) and music.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Dracarys!

You really should focus on one game at a time, rather than a "franchise." Otherwise, you're just putting way too much onto your plate and it'll get overwhelming.

Actually, at this point you should only be focusing at a case level - planning one case at a time and working from there. You know, think about what you need to make the very first trial and not what you need to make the next ten cases. Even getting out something as simple as a Winston Payne tutorial case would help get people interested (and, to be very blunt, I promise you they won't be interested unless they see some sort of actual development, since this has been in the planning stages for so long).

It's okay to plan ahead, but not when it's at the expense of actual progress. I mean... You announced this game in mid-2014. It really should be past the "developing ideas" stage by now and well into the "actually making stuff" stage.

I've said it before, but go and spend some time making a few sprites. They might not look amazing at first, but you'll get better with practice. Concrete proof you're working on the game is the only way you'll keep people's attention.

Writer

Ropfa wrote:
You really should focus on one game at a time, rather than a "franchise." Otherwise, you're just putting way too much onto your plate and it'll get overwhelming.

Actually, at this point you should only be focusing at a case level - planning one case at a time and working from there. You know, think about what you need to make the very first trial and not what you need to make the next ten cases. Even getting out something as simple as a Winston Payne tutorial case would help get people interested (and, to be very blunt, I promise you they won't be interested unless they see some sort of actual development, since this has been in the planning stages for so long).

It's okay to plan ahead, but not when it's at the expense of actual progress. I mean... You announced this game in mid-2014. It really should be past the "developing ideas" stage by now and well into the "actually making stuff" stage.

I've said it before, but go and spend some time making a few sprites. They might not look amazing at first, but you'll get better with practice. Concrete proof you're working on the game is the only way you'll keep people's attention.

^^^^^THIS.

Also...

tl;dr You can't win an audience with good ideas: you need to show some work done. If you really want people to pay attention, finish Case 1. I'm sre that if your writing lives up to their (and your) expectations, you'll find a lot of people wanting to help you.

Everyone = Guilty

Okay 2 Things This Will Probabally be my favorite fan game on CR AND AAO only 1 question and my second thing is what happened to AC:AA

Everyone = Guilty

Ropfa wrote:

There Many Things That Could stop productiin such as life

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Apollojustice12345 wrote:
Okay 2 Things This Will Probabally be my favorite fan game on CR AND AAO only 1 question and my second thing is what happened to AC:AA

1. I'm probably going to turn this into either a Flash game, PyWright game, or a movie.
2. I canceled it.

Also, I'm taking a break from development due to high school. Finals are coming up, and I won't have enough time to lay everything out. Also, I'm throwing in some Spirit of Justice references (such as the prosecutor being quarter Khura'inese) into this game, so that's another reason for the delay.

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Thu May 12, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*wonk*

Can't wait for the Pre-Alpha build to be released.
yes

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Been a while since I've made any updates, but I've got a big announcement:

After years of contemplation, I've decided that AAG will be a series of fanfictions instead of a fangame. That way, I can focus less on graphical assets and voice acting (I'm still going to do music, though!)

Yabba Dabba Doo

Out of curiosity, how is the story gonna be written? Is it going to be more of a story-esque writing, or are you planning on still writing out the dialogue AA style?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Thunder84 wrote:
Out of curiosity, how is the story gonna be written? Is it going to be more of a story-esque writing, or are you planning on still writing out the dialogue AA style?

A mix of both, if you're asking. I'm also writing "spin-off" works based on each character. They're still work in progress, though.
Page 4 of 4 [ 133 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Present Evidence » Games