Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 4[ 133 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ace Attorney Generations/新逆転裁判Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Ace Attorney Generations is set in an alternate timeline in which Apollo married Athena and had a son.
MAJOR UPDATE: It is no longer going to be a game, but a fanfiction.

Quote:
Episodes
Quote:
Ace Attorney Generations: Clay-Terran Justice

Episode 1: A New Turnabout
Clay's old friend finds herself as the suspect in the murder of their old classmate. Surprisingly, he steps up to the bench to defend her in his first trial, along with the help of his mother.

Victim: Todd Day
Defendant: Megan Landings
Defense Team: Clay-Terran Justice and Athena Cykes-Justice.
Prosecutor: Kreien Payne

Episode 2: Turnabout Legends
Retired attorney Phoenix Wright calls upon Clay for a special request: To defend his son, Perseus Wright, in court. No one would take his request, due to the case being handled by legendary prosecutor Ryan Blackquill, but Clay is willing to face him in court.

Victim: TBD
Defendant: Perseus Wright
Defense Team: Clay-Terran Justice and Maria Justice
Prosecutor: Ryan Blackquill

Episode 3: Premiere of the Turnabout
The trio goes to the Global Studios film festival for the premiere of the new Platinum Samurai movie, only to find out that one of the lead actors has been murdered. And the suspect? The Platinum Samurai himself, Easton West! It's up to Clay and Percy to solve this case if they want the premiere to be shown!

Victim: TBD
Defendant: Easton West
Defense Team: Clay-Terran Justice and Percy Wright
Prosecutor: Ryan Blackquill

Quote:
Main Characters:
Clay-Terran Justice (Daisuke Odoroki, 王泥喜 大介) , 23-24, Defense attorney
The Mercenary of Truth

Spoiler: Clay-Terran Justice
Clay-Terran Justice, also known as C.T. Justice or simply Clay Justice, is the protagonist of the series. He is the son of Apollo and Athena, and a rookie lawyer striving to be like his father. His mother, Athena, is the lawyer course professor at Themis Legal Academy (although he never attended it).
Personality: Clay is a strong-willed and selfless young man, and also very confident in his actions outside of court. Clay is very intelligent, and was known as a wizkid in his high school days, but he still gets stumped when it comes to law, and in court, he tries to act stiff and formal, but ends up making a fool out of himself every single time. He's also multilingual, and speaks fluent Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese, and Khura'inese, a trait inherited from his mother. He's mainly driven by his passion to support his family. Clay is also the only person in the family with a driver's license, and drives a gray BMW 330Ci to work.

Name: "Clay-Terran" is an homage to his father's deceased childhood friend. "Daisuke" takes the first kanji in Clay Terran's Japanese given name, "Daichi", and the last kanji in Apollo's given name, "Hōsuke".

Development: Clay was originally going to be a very intelligent man who was destined to become a lawyer since he was born. This turned out to be too problematic, so I changed him to something more "Ace Attorney appropriate".

Maria Justice (Mariya Odoroki, 王泥喜 まりや), 18-19, High school student
The Princess of Charisma

Spoiler: Maria Justice
Maria Justice is Clay's younger sister, and the "trusty female sidekick" we all love and know throughout the GyakuSai franchise. Maria is a high school senior, and is training to get a career in law enforcement. She also has a special power. Just as her father and brother can read body language, and her mother, emotions, Maria has a much greater power: Reading people's thoughts. However, her special ability is useless in court, due to the fact that a witness' thoughts can't be considered evidence, and that most prosecutors consider "special powers" to be bullshit anyways.

Personality: Maria is a hot-headed and energetic girl, likes to be one step ahead at everything, and hates losing more than anything else, a trait which she inherited from her mother, Athena. She would be considered the polar opposite of her brother Clay, who is more calm and laid back, does things in a timely manner, and does not care about victory or defeat. Interestingly, Maria and Clay's color schemes, green and red respectively, are opposites on the color wheel. Maria also has a thing for physical fitness, and likes to run a mile on her treadmill at a speed of six miles per hour every morning, afternoon, and evening.

Name: "Mariya" and "Maria" come from Metis Cykes' Japanese name, Mari Kizuki.
- Her middle name is "Juno". Juno was the wife of the Roman god Jupiter, also known as Jove, which was her paternal grandfather's name.

Percy Wright (Ryuuta Naruhodou, 成歩堂 龍太), 21-22, Law student
The Heir to the Turnabout

Spoiler: Percy Wright
Perseus "Percy" Fey-Wright is the only son of Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey. He is also Clay's partner, has a lot of legal knowledge, and is brushing up to take the bar exam in six months. Percy isn't as humorous as Phoenix, however he does tend to make really bad jokes most of the time. He also loves talking about his father's past cases, and will even make obscure references to them.

Due to also being the son of Maya Fey, Percy has also gained spiritual power. With it, he can see Psyche-Locks without the need of a physical Magatama. If he is touching another person while doing so (e.g. Clay), that person can also see the Psyche-Locks.

Name: In Greek mythology "Perseus" was the founder of Mycenae and a legendary hero whose feats included decapitating Medusa. "Ryuuta" shares a common trend with his father and ancestor.

Ryan Blackquill (Ken Yuugami, 夕神 剣), 24-25, Prosecuting attorney
The Samurai of Salvation

Spoiler: Ryan Blackquill
Ryan Blackquill is Simon Blackquill's only son. He is known as the best among the Prosecutor's Office, and is also Clay's rival. As a prosecutor, he has been known for getting convictions with rock-solid evidence. Ryan is half-English and half-Japanese. He is proud of his mixed heritage, and often speaks Japanese gratuitously in his sentences. Ryan also carries a katana named "Fujinto" in court.

Quote:
Changes to the GUI:

- I want the penalty system be in a "percentage" form. A full "penalty bar" consists of 100 points. Wrong answers during cross-examinations will deduct 20 points. Every wrong answer will deduct one point, but some instances can deduct points in multiples of 5. Successfully unlocking a Psyche-Lock (Yes, Psyche-Lock penalties will return) will add 50 points.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 83 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorney Generations SeriesTopic%20Title

That sounds like a needless procedure.

:pearl-blush: This is so awesome! Hehe. It definitely has potential, to say the least... And the Justicykes is never a downer :athena:
Look, it's a folding ladder.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

MadFox32 wrote:
:pearl-blush: This is so awesome! Hehe. It definitely has potential, to say the least... And the Justicykes is never a downer :athena:

Yeah, and the return of Wright... This really is the next generation.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Nothing to see here.

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Official artwork revealed! :athena:

Lance Edgeworth
http://i.imgur.com/Bugr3Hf.png
Clay M. Justice
http://i.imgur.com/EZjxaY5.png
Maria Justice
http://i.imgur.com/9G9LoPx.png
Ryan Blackquill
http://i.imgur.com/RfnwaVr.png

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Hey there. Sorry to intrude but I have a few things to say here. I don't mean to be mean about this, but I highly suggest benching this idea to focus on your other one. I get the "Sakurai's Treadmill" thing you mentioned but from what's here this does not look very promising.

Spoiler:
First of all, the artwork isn't very good. Now I don't expect you to be a super-amazing perfect artist, and I'm not holding you to some impossible standard. If fan-cases can look super polished and everything that's really nice, but not a requirement. However, what you have so far looks like you traced over the official artwork with minor variations and then used the fill bucket to color it. The result makes it look flat, messy, and overall uninspired. It doesn't look like much time was put into it, and the fill bucket areas are very noticeable, because they're aliased, and thus aren't smoothly integrated with the lines. The line-work is also pretty sloppy, being basically just an outline, and the images lack depth; it looks like a cardboard cutout rather than a character. The work is noticeably bad, and this is a problem because while the art doesn't need to be professional-level, it draws attention because it isn't particularly well-done. It looks effortless and flat, and actually detracts from the case instead of adding to it. To fix this, you really just need practice. Practice drawing and take classes to improve, or work on regular paper and scan it. I highly suggest Life Drawing classes, as they really help you get a handle on the figure, like so:

What you want to get down is structure. Drawing bodies is essentially building a person one piece at a time, and trying to get each one right. Things have to be in proportion, they have to have depth, and they have to make sense. Now, obviously, these things don't necessarily apply when you're doing, say, cartoons, but the basic principles always apply. You have to learn the basics first and then move on to other stuff. But like I said, this can all be learned. You just need practice.

For now, if you still want to make this happen, I suggest looking for an artist to do your work.

However, that brings me to my second point: the designs. Again, this suffers from being traced art, so these characters' designs are basically limited by the official art. Lance Edgeworth is simply Edgeworth with glasses minus the cravat, and Clay Justice is Phoenix with different hair, glasses, etc. Whenever someone looks at these, they won't see "Clay Justice"-- They'll see an edit of Phoenix Wright. The only one that looks original is Maria Justice, and even then, she doesn't look too striking. I'll get to her more later. Basically, these designs don't invoke much new about these characters. They're hardly designs, because they only change details from the original art. Imagine if Clay Justice put on a blue suit, or Lance Edgeworth put on a cravat. This needs more thought and effort. Also of note, the names don't seem very inventive either. "Clay Justice" and "Greg Edgeworth" are a nice nods to canon, but other than that, the rest of the names don't seem inspired nor really connected to anything, and they aren't really punny either.

Now, I think I understand what you meant with this; it's "Generations" so clearly they'd have to sort of look like their predecessors. Unfortunately, that doesn't come across in the design. They just look like slightly altered versions of the characters we already know. This isn't good, because it's not so much a "new generation" as it is a "slightly different one", and sort of defeats the purpose of the series.

Since you haven't put up anything about story, I'll go right ahead to my last issue; the characters themselves. Now, I'm sure you have plans for them and ideas and such that you haven't put up here. But what I'm seeing here doesn't seem like well-constructed personalities. They seem more like lists of things about them, and I don't get much vibe of, say, how they'd act in court, during an investigation, when on the stand, etc. And a lot of things about them seem... odd.

Clay Justice: Okay, son of Apollo and Athena. That's fine, but does he reflect that? He's a "Whizkid" who seems entirely destined to be an ace lawyer from birth. I'd like to make it clear that I'm not calling Sue on this guy or any of them, but it seems a bit underwhelming and predictable to go with the "in the blood" thing for this. What could make it interesting is if he's, say, actually not a very GOOD lawyer, and risks disappointing BOTH his Ace Attorney parents. Again, the only actual tidbit we get about his personality is that he's "calm and collected", and doesn't get angry "except for certain times". What are those times? What makes him mad? Everyone gets angry in "certain times"; it's what those times are that set us apart. I can connect this statement of "Calm and collected but gets mad at times" to multiple characters, and it doesn't give me a good idea of who he is. This wouldn't be so bad, but the rest of his profile is just facts about him. His hobby is building, he's really smart, he memorized a novel on Edgeworth. Those are things he does/is, but it doesn't tell me much about him. I mean I could guess, but that's not really the same. And his "interesting facts".... aren't. His first word is "Objection" (again, this is kinda borderline "chosen one" stuff and really predictable), he built two treadmills for his sister (this could be better worded as, "he has a close bond with his sister and regularly builds her stuff", or did he just build them because he was bored? I don't really know.) and "his voice is lower than his father's". Good? This is problematic because I'm looking at our main protagonist and I'm not getting much except that he's a really good lawyer and he likes to build stuff. There's little personality-- And that's especially bad when you're doing an AA case, where AA is ALL about personality-filled lawyers. You've got stuff down, but it's the wrong stuff in the wrong places. Tell me about things I'd be interested in, like, say, his relationship with his parents. It didn't once feel like this guy was the kin of either Apollo or Athena. He lacks Athena's energy and Apollo's passion. He doesn't have to solely take traits from them, but there should be a resemblance. I feel like I could change this guy's name and nothing would be lost.

Maria Justice: According to the OP, she's the "trusty female sidekick we all love and know throughout the GyakuSai franchise." Just a bit of warning... this makes your character seem really stock right off the bat. I'm now not thinking of her as "Apollo and Athena's daughter", but rather "the protagonist's sidekick". Okay, so like her brother she's going into law. A bit predictable, but she's not specifically being a lawyer so I can buy it a bit more. Ultimately, she suffers from the same issues as above. I can see the exercise/energy thing from Athena, but that's about it. I could change her name and nothing would be lost. The facts all seem to be highly irrelevant, like the fact that she "likes to wear skimpy clothing". This alone isn't a bad thing, girls can wear whatever they like. But it's brought up again with "she's liked to wear skimpy clothing since she was 12". First off, a bit creepy. Second, why is that relevant? I doubt that will come up in a trial, and it's a bit odd, like I said before. Maybe you can think "why does she like wearing skimpy clothes"? I mean, this doesn't require justification, but otherwise, we can tell that from her artwork. Her interesting facts are also highly irrelevant. "She enjoys exercising more than anything else" was already stated before, and "despite the fact that her brother prefers the PlayStation brand, she has a like for the Xbox" is both out-of-nowhere and weird. (Mostly because brand-name stuff isn't usually included in the PW universe.) What I took away from this bio was "Likes exercise", "is the assistant" and "likes to wear skimpy clothing". Those things do not a personality make.

Next we have Percy Wright, who doesn't have much there, so I can't really say anything on him. The only thing I find head-tilting about him is that he's Clay's "protege". Really? Clay is about 22 and most lawyers that age wouldn't have a protege. Phoenix was just starting out at that age, and it's a bit weird that the protagonist is also a mentor-- Usually it's the other way around, with the protagonist growing to surpass their mentor.

Ryan Blackquill: oooookay. Now I notice that you like to put Japanese version of the characters' names and stuff. That's cool and all, but again, relevancy. Unless you're doing a Japanese version of the game, it doesn't really matter what he'd be called in Japan. And this is where it gets to be a problem because now we have some confusion. First off "illegitimate son"... I don't even want to go into the implications of this. It's another thing that's just off-putting here and shakes up the tone. Second: "He was born to a Japanese mother, so he was given a Japanese given name." This... okay this is confusing. Now, I presume this is referring to the Japanese version of his name? Except... In the Japanese version, that's kind of a given. Simon is Japanese in the Japanese version. But it creates a problem because "Ryan" is not a Japanese name, so now, this fact becomes confusing. I suggest rewording this fact, or outright removing it, since it's really irrelevant either way. I wasn't exactly wondering "why does he have a Japanese given name". Third: "He is like his father in many ways, except for the manipulative part, that is." Okay, this part is dangerous. Because with a description like that, many people will take this as "he's a Blackquill expy. Great." and the artwork doesn't exactly dissuade this notion. What would be better here is HOW he's like his father; he likes Japanese culture, he acts like a samurai, etc etc. And he's not manipulative, so he just... Acts like a samurai in court? Quirky, but again, we already had that. This part is dangerous because following it makes it stop being "a new generation" and just "a generation xerox". Lastly: "He bought his sword from an antique shop in Japan." This is irrelevant.

The Edgeworth Brothers: I'm covering them together cause there's not a ton to go on. Alright, so: again, no real connection to the canon characters beyond the name. They are exactly what you'd expect Edgeworth's sons to be; law enforcement, prosecutor... very predictable. There's not enough else to go off of here, but keep in mind what I said before. Also, another thing: a lot of characters seem to be Clay's childhood friend. I don't doubt this; it makes sense considering the company, but what does it mean? What's their friendship like? How do they get along? It seems just really weird and unnatural for all these connected people to all just come together and do the exact same thing their parents did. It's like nothing at all has changed except the names and faces. Another thing too; your characters seem to all have a lot of names. And again, I question relevancy on middle-names. There's a lot of irrelevant and random data here, and it doesn't add up to make an interesting or intriguing character; just general facts about this character that doesn't tell me much or get me interested. Their relationships, their likes, dislikes, what they want, why they want it, how they plan to get it; I can't imagine these people, say, hanging out, relaxing together, working together, or even talking with their parents. And on that topic, will the parents be appearing at all? What's their role in all this? It seems like they just had kids and then went "okay bye kids have fun".

In essence... I think the concept at its core is pretty flawed. So far it just looks like it's doing the same thing as before, without anything fresh or new to discover. The characters won't have any new or interesting back stories, because we already know about their families and stuff. I don't believe we'll really want to get in-depth with "how X and Y got together and made Z". It's hard to think of any story that can BE interesting with this cast. The protagonist isn't exactly going anywhere-- He's already a whiz kid and a genius, so it's not like Phoenix or Apollo's struggle. The prosecutor is already his childhood friend, so it's not like he's got to develop a relationship there like Phoenix did with Edgeworth (though they too were childhood friends, but that's more of a sidenote. I don't see any of the underlying drama with these characters; they all sound pretty buddy-buddy) so there's no drama to speak of. At most, this can be a series about a bunch of characters solving crimes and working together and stuff, but at worst it'll be boring and uninteresting. I urge you to think about the direction and purpose of this case and I suggest using Apollo Justice as something of a reference. GS4 was intended to be, in essence, this. A new generation of Ace Attorney. Old faces return, but the spotlight is squared solely on a newcomer that's ready to start his own saga. I won't tell you that's how to write your case, but I highly urge you to think about it more.

I hope I haven't discouraged you too much with this. I get that you're enthusiastic, and I really don't want to hurt that. Enthusiasm is a great thing and from what I can tell you've got plenty of it. But it needs to be channeled in the right direction, and if you don't completely shelve this to work on your other project, then at least spend your free time making it interesting. Your other project seems promising and you're clearly putting work into that one, but I think your enthusiasm tends to get the better of you. I hope I haven't come across too harsh and I really hope this has helped you out. Sorry this was such a long read, but I felt like I had to say something, because I haven't seen anyone else really say it. So with that, I wish you the best of luck with your work.

Last edited by Shadowsleuth on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Nothing to see here.

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

New gameplay mechanic: Testimony Revisualization!

The name says it all: It's a form of Revisualization that is used during the final testimony for each trial chapter. How it works:

•You analyze the testimony to gain info. For each piece of info, you are given two to three possibilities. You must read through the Court Record, and check if any of the options are impossible. At the last piece of info, you have to pick the true statement: And once you do, Clay will yell "A-ha!" and the sequence is complete.

In a way, this feature reminds me of the famous quote: "Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth." Or something like that.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but... he pretty much just wrote you a novella of constructive criticism about your fangame and ideas. I feel like you owe him more of a reply than "fangames take work", which was pretty much the gist of what you said as far as I can tell. Willing to take and respond to criticism is perhaps the MOST important thing for any fangame author to do, and so far... I'm really not seeing that from you at all. :/

In regards to the actual content of that post, I largely agree with all criticisms posed. The characters seem dull and flat, and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't start up a second project when your first project has yet to even release one case. Trust me on this one - I did that, and I would certainly not recommend doing it yourself. Pick one and put the other on hiatus. Neither of them are going to go anywhere if you try to do both of them at once - it doesn't matter if "a little suffering is good for the soul", because that's like shooting yourself in the foot and justifying it because "you need to suffer".

Dracarys!

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Masahiro Sakurai wrote:
Have you ever made a game?

*slowly and awkwardly raises hand*

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Creating these characters required some good thinking, especially the names. (Even though I'm not fluent in Japanese) I have been given this kind of advice recently, during the development of "Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney", and have partially followed it. Creating a fangame requires a lot of work and thought, and just like Sakurai said: Have you ever made a game?

First off, if it did, I certainly don't see it. Like I said before you have lists of things, not actual personalities. And "partially following" advice isn't going to help. If I told you "don't eat this red berry, it's poisonous" and you only "partially followed it", things would go badly for you.

To that last part, do you know why Sakurai said that? Because Sakurai is a successful game designer with many titles under his belt, and the person he was addressing was a cocky fan who had PLAYED the game, but didn't know what it was made of. I'll admit I probably came out of nowhere with this and didn't give any credentials. I'm not a regular here on C-R. I come from Ace Attorney Online, where I see a LOT of failed fangames. Including several of my own. I have yet to make a single complete and successful fantrial in the approximately four years that I've been on the site. Why do I tell you this? Because I have made all the various mistakes you have here, and I'm telling you now: it's not going to work.

To clarify, I once thought this was an acceptable sprite for a fan-game. Back then, I still drew like this. Pretty awful, yes. But it taught me that while visuals aren't everything, they're still a big part of the AA experience. Quality is important, and that means either spending the necessary time to beef up your skills, or hiring an artist that already has. I've taken the latter option and here I am now. I'm still not happy with where I am. But am I better? Yes. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to fangames.

I know full-well the amount of time, effort, work and thought that's necessary for a fan-game to work. And I don't see it here. This honestly seems like the lesser of your two projects, and I urge you to focus more on the other and polishing that one. You're right that fan games requires a lot of work and thought. That is EXACTLY the reason I urge you to shelve this. Or, at the very least, keep development on the down-low until you've got something good to show. Most trials only get a thread when there's a reasonable amount of work done, or when it's near completion; otherwise you've got a nice concept to discuss for a while, until the game falls through and it's gone. Trust me. It has happened and I know that better than anyone.

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Also, did you notice the reference behind Lance and Greg's birthdays?
Spoiler:
They're same as the Japanese release dates for the Investigations games! :edgey:

But if I can't fix all the problems, then Shimatta to this entire post. Regarding Ryan, "Ken'ichi" isn't his middle name. It's his Japanese given name. "Ryan" is the name chosen by his father.

Again: so what? What does it matter that their birthdays are a clever reference? These aren't things that matter to the characters. And... that is honestly just very confusing. If he goes by "Ryan", it's irrelevant what his Japanese given name is. If he goes by "Ken'ichi", it's irrelevant that his English name is Ryan. Also wasn't he an "illegitimate son"? ...I'm getting off-track, but do you see what I mean about relevancy? These details aren't telling me more about who these people are, they're just confusing me further.

At the end of the day, you don't have to take my advice. I'm not the end-all be-all of trial-making and I don't want you to think I'm posting here to be a bitter jackass who's like "ew I don't like this game". I'm posting because I know firsthand how hard trial-making is, and I see you falling into the pitfalls I fell in before. It's true that "A little suffering's good for the soul." but at the same time, that only applies if you learn from that suffering. Putting yourself through suffering and taking nothing away from it isn't going to help. It just leaves you... suffering. And a little suffering is necessary to make the game. Fangames take hard work. I just don't see any of it here.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Fine. No further updates until AC:AA is finished. Also, I added a new screenshot dump for my first project. Also, in that last post, did you change my Edgey smiley to a bellboy one?
Actually, screw it. I accidentally clicked Bellboy instead of Edgey.
Re: Ace Attorney Generations: Clay Justice/Shin Gyakuten SaiTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Sorry for the necro, but I've decided to make this a smaller-scale project after ending AC:AA. A few new points have been added:

-The thread is now only focused on a single game.
-Apollo's daughter Maria has the ability to read a person's thoughts, but is useless in court.
-Clay is now technically an expy of Naruhodō Ryūnosuke: At first, he screws up in court.
-The cases won't be connected in any way, similar to JFA.
-The beta will be on AAO, using only placeholder sprites (e.g. Winston Payne's son will be Winston himself). Later characters will be made by me. (Yes, you heard me. I'm going to start spriting now!)

Nice to see you are still working on a fangame.

But Clay's description says he is the protagonist of the first two games.Is that something you forgot to edit from the original project?
Signature loading, please wait...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

cesar26100 wrote:
Nice to see you are still working on a fangame.

But Clay's description says he is the protagonist of the first two games.Is that something you forgot to edit from the original project?

Whoops! I meant to say I was working on the first game. So I'm leaving that in. He stars in two games: Ace Attorney Generations: Clay Justice, and Ace Attorney Generations: Clay Justice - Dauntless Defenses. The former will be mentioned first.
Re: Ace Attorney Generations/Shin Gyakuten SaibanTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Clay and Maria have updated artwork:

Clay: http://imgur.com/ak6Fm8s
-He now wears a red shirt (No, he's not going to die), and a grey waistcoat and pants.
-The pen in his breast pocket isn't a real pen: It's a stylus for his PC.

Maria: http://imgur.com/jLD0McF
-She now wears a midriff-baring jacket.
-She wears a fanny pack across her hips.
-The design on her choker is an eye and a crescent moon.

Coming up soon: Percy's design.

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winter Flag Trademark

Whoa. They look cool! ...However, you probably need to learn how to shade an image and stuff later. Right now, they're in the base colors. Sorry if this becomes stressful to you. Other than that, it's pretty good as your first attempt on making a sprite-art-whatever.

Are they made in computer or something? And what tool was it?

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Ace Pointer wrote:
Whoa. They look cool! ...However, you probably need to learn how to shade an image and stuff later. Right now, they're in the base colors. Sorry if this becomes stressful to you. Other than that, it's pretty good as your first attempt on making a sprite-art-whatever.

GIMP for Mac. I'll try to add shading whenever I get the time. Maybe some advice on where to add it? Like, the area around Maria's chest? And possibly add some tint to Clay's glasses?

Art Person

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Ace Pointer wrote:

GIMP for Mac. I'll try to add shading whenever I get the time. Maybe some advice on where to add it? Like, the area around Maria's chest? And possibly add some tint to Clay's glasses?

Awesome! I like their designs too!
I think he meant shading as in the whole image. Things like the ruffles on Clay's pants, or the shadows that are cast etc.
If you're just making these as is they're all good! If you want to learn some more, have a look at the way the shading is on the art you traced (Looks like Athena's and Apollo's 3D models from the artbook).
EDIT: Shadowsleuth mentioned a lot of useful points. Read his points posted about a year ago, I think he's gone into much more detail I ever could :bellboy:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Here are my attempts at shading.

Clay: http://i.imgur.com/mocyIlT.png
Maria: http://i.imgur.com/VgVs1v6.png

Art Person

Awesome! Instantly you can see some more detail and depth in the images! Keep practicing though!

With outlining, it looks like you hold shift and just click to join up the points, and the lines aren't smooth. For the other characters you've yet to draw, you can always practice curving the lines (in photoshop, there's the pen tool which you outline something, then right click and select "draw path" and it'll draw it for you).

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

As a better reference, I changed Clay's middle name to "Terran". Also, adding more facts:

"The Reborn Turnabout" is basically "A New Turnabout" recycled from AC:AA. The crime takes place at the Happy Landings Bar.

-Quick note: The Happy Landings Bar isn't what you'd expect: It's just like the Capcom bar. Various items named after trials are mentioned, such as Guilty Dogs, Bailiff's Beer (my own idea), and Clay's all-time favorite: The "Turnabout Mix", a non-alcoholic drink with a sweet taste.

Also, Ryan Blackquill carries a sword with him, and uses it in court. His sword animations are: Draw, slice, double slash, and sheathe.

How goes progress on writing/scripting?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Shadowsleuth wrote:
How goes progress on writing/scripting?

Case 1's recycled, so there's no problem. Case 2 and on will be written fron scratch. Also, can you spoiler tag your old posts? I had to put you on my foe list so I don't have to scroll down too much. (Please don't yell at meeeeeee!!! :accordion-head:)

I don't mind. And I guess I should have been more specific, how much is done so far for Case 1?

Ace Culprit

is there any specific dates when the beta cases will be released?

the idea of having a next-gen char is quite interesting, I'm looking forward this case

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Rayaj wrote:
is there any specific dates when the beta cases will be released?

the idea of having a next-gen char is quite interesting, I'm looking forward this case

It isn't an open beta, so I'll post the test cases at random.

What is this especial engine you mention in your first post?

Also, you haven't said how much progress has been done on Case 1.Have you already started the coding phase for the beta version?
Signature loading, please wait...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I haven't started the actual coding, since I only recently resumed development. Also...

A prosecutor is approaching:
Quote:

Who could it be? This prosecutor's identity will be revealed on Friday, July 24!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I've completed the logos!

Re: [NEW CHARACTER!] Ace Attorney GenerationsTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

There haven't been any new posts recently, but if you were reading, I made a post about a mystery character. Well, I'm happy to announce, that the mystery character is the first game's prosecutor, Ryan Blackquill!
A prosecutor who never overlooks even the minor details of a case, Ryan Blackquill stands in court against Clay and his team!
Re: [NEW CHARACTER!] Ace Attorney GenerationsTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

The AAO closed beta is now up and running! I will be hiring collaborators and playtesters. My AAO username is "TPFAplab". PM me if you want to collaborate/playtest!
Re: [Closed beta!] Ace Attorney GenerationsTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Since I started high school, I haven't had the time to work on AAG. That, and due to my hype for the standard sized New Nintendo 3DS being released here in North America, and the announcement of Ace Attorney 6. But I'm bringing some news:

Three recurring characters will appear. And who are they? Of course…

-Phoenix Wright, 60.
-Apollo Justice, 49.
-Athena Cykes-Justice, 44

References to AA6 will also be made, around the time of the release. They might not be present in the first game, depending on when I finish AAG1 and the release date of AA6.

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winter Flag Trademark

Um, you should need to make the Oldenix and Adult/Elder Apollo-Athena by yourself or by frankenspriting: I don't think there's a sprite of them or so.

Just asking, if you don't mind. Where's Trucy, Maya and Pearl? I thought you should be also making them appear on AAG1. :pearl:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Alexander James

I have a feeling that this is made with Game Maker.
Nevertheless, good luck. :damon:

This sounds like a good fanmade Ace Attorney game.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Um, you should need to make the Oldenix and Adult/Elder Apollo-Athena by yourself or by frankenspriting: I don't think there's a sprite of them or so.

Just asking, if you don't mind. Where's Trucy, Maya and Pearl? I thought you should be also making them appear on AAG1. :pearl:

Um, that's EXACTLY what I'm going to do. Also, I just want to include the new WAA trio for AAG1, Pearl, Trucy and Master Maya might appear in 2 or 3.

I'll trace Oldnick's AA5 artwork to make his AAG artwork, and use Nick's AA6 artwork as a base for Midpollo. (Midpollo = middle-aged apollo)

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Details for Case 1 revealed!

-A murder occurs at the Happy Landings Bar, and Clay winds up as the suspect. For his first case, he defends himself in court. Apollo and Athena meet up with Clay in the defendant lobby, and help him get ready for the trial. Once they're in the courtroom, Athena installs the Court Record onto Clay's PC.

Side note about the trilogy: The Court Record is replaced with the PC, which contains the evidence, profiles and notes regarding Clay's cases. In a way, Clay's PC is like Edgeworth's organizer.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Official artwork for Percy Wright revealed!
Spoiler:

I traced this from Phoenix's JFA artwork. The difference isn't just the hair color and outfit, it's also the hair itself.
Spoiler:
There's a bit more "curve" at the base of Percy's spikes, unlike Phoenix's, which are straight-edged.

Also, bonus points for guessing who's on Percy's shirt!

Great Revival

It's obviously the Jamming Ninja on his shirt. :yogi:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Oliver wrote:
It's obviously the Jamming Ninja on his shirt. :yogi:

*BUZZ*
Close, but no contradiction. It's the Steel Samurai.
Page 1 of 4 [ 133 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games